mafiascum Card Deck (Taking orders again! ~5 decks left!)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

mafiascum Card Deck (Taking orders again! ~5 decks left!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by mith »

Order Page

We'll be basing the size of the order on the number of pre-orders, so if you can order early, please do so! I expect we'll pull the trigger on the order in a couple weeks (though given how long this has been delayed already, that should be taken with a boulder of salt).

[edit]16/10/10 - Order placed! See post 576 for details. I will be getting in touch with everyone who ordered to confirm shipping details, so that I can get them sent out as soon as possible once they arrive here.[/edit]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by mith »

DrippingGoofball did the art, and diginova designed the card frame and box. It is definitely boss. :)

And yes, the international shipping is in addition to the cost of the deck(s).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #4 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by mith »

Oops, broken tag due to copypaste fail, should work now.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:41 am

Post by mith »

Update!

We are up to 39 pre-orders (plus however many I end up ordering for myself and to give away - thinking of donating one to the Dallas Games Marathon library, even though that's a Werewolf crowd). I'll keep taking pre-orders for another couple weeks, and then determine how many decks to order.

We will order some extra beyond the number of pre-orders; however, it would be very helpful if you would express your interest in ordering in this thread so that we can get a more accurate count, even if you are not able to pay currently. (Keep in mind though that the extra decks will go to whoever orders them first, so if you wait too long you may be out of luck unless/until we place a second order.) The price will not change after the pre-order period ends.

If you don't have a paypal account, you can still pay with a credit card through their site. Otherwise, you can make arrangements with me to send me cash or a check. Please contact me by PM if you need this option.

I'm not planning to take orders for individual/replacement cards. However, if there is a great demand for individual cards, we might be able to add some extra decks to break up for that purpose. Also, depending on the popularity we may do a second run and/or an "expansion" deck with more fringe roles (probably including some blanks and extra Vanilla Town and Mafia Goons).

International Shipping is anything outside the US and Canada.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:05 am

Post by mith »

In post 51, Natirasha wrote:Is there an ETA on when these will be ready to be shipped?

We'll be placing the order in the first week of April (at least, that's the plan), and I would expect a couple weeks before I have them and then another week for getting them shipped. You should start getting decks late April or early May, depending on your location (and any delays).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:22 am

Post by mith »

Last call for pre-orders! We will be ordering at least 75 decks, which will leave us with some leftovers to sell, but if you want to be sure of getting one please place your order this weekend.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by mith »

Orders are still open! We haven't placed the order yet, waiting on digi for printer info.

(They will still be open after we have placed the order, we'll just have an inventory at that point that and if you wait too long we might run out.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #78 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:28 am

Post by mith »

Sorry about the delays, we are close to deciding on a printer, and I will be finalizing the rulebook this weekend if my sinuses cooperate.

When we place the order, we are expecting 2-3 weeks before they arrive here, and then another ~1 week before they get to you (US), a bit longer if you're international.

In post 76, Otolia wrote:If I want 2 decks delivered to me but I only bought one + international delivery, can I buy a new one without paying additional shipping fees ?

If you have placed an international order, you can purchase additional decks 1 at a time - the pricing for international shipping works out so that each additional deck is $20 total. You don't need to add another shipping item.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #79 (isolation #8) » Fri May 01, 2015 5:16 am

Post by mith »

The rulebook is close to being finalized. Please take a look, and if you catch any errors let us know! I am planning to place the order early next week.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/688 ... ok_v40.pdf
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Sat May 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by mith »

In post 86, Maruchan wrote:Still open for preorder/order? I'm placing an order as soon as I get confirmation that I can give you my money for deck of cards :D

Yes! We'll be taking orders even after the pre-order window closes (i.e. when we place the order with the printer), it's just that at that point I will know exactly how many we have left.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #101 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:09 am

Post by mith »

Quick update:

diginova has been crazy busy with the upcoming Windows 10 release; he updated the rulebook yesterday and we will be placing a sample order (tonight? fingers crossed) with the POD place we are likely ordering from to make sure the quality is fine. We should be shipping by the end of the month if all goes well. (But, we've been saying that for a while so...)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #108 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:29 am

Post by mith »

Still waiting on digi... Last I heard from him he was very close to having the files ready, but this was two weeks ago now. I have no idea when we'll be moving forward - could be tomorrow, could be weeks.

I will be checking with everyone about shipping addresses before I actually send anything, so no worries there. We are in the process of buying a house, so my shipping address will be changing too!
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #112 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:36 am

Post by mith »

In post 109, jeep wrote:I'm pretty sure that I preordered, but now I can't find a confirmation email... is there a way for me to tell if I have ordered?

You should be able to find the transaction through paypal. Anyway, I can confirm that you have placed an order. :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #114 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:12 am

Post by mith »

Yup, still taking orders.

And also still taking money into my pocketses.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #123 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:48 am

Post by mith »

Today's update: diginova received the sample deck. There is an issue with the sticker sheet, so he's going to try a different stock. Otherwise we're good to go, and we are tentatively planning to place the full order on Monday.

I will be contacting everyone who pre-ordered regarding address updates. More on that later this week.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #131 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:10 am

Post by mith »

I just pulled the paypal transaction summary. We are sitting right now at 74 decks pre-ordered, plus a handful I am reserving for gifts and possible donations (Dallas Games Marathon library, for example). If we stick with our planned order of 100 decks, that will leave us about 20 to sell after the order is placed. I may order a few more than that if we get more orders over the weekend so we have a bit more stock, we'll see.

I will be emailing everyone who has ordered to confirm shipping details. I will post again here when I start doing that (may not be til I have placed the order, will be busy with house stuff this weekend).
If you have placed an order it would be helpful at this time to send me a PM with the confirmation number of your order, so that I can have your mafiascum username in my records, in case I need to get in touch quickly by PM for some reason.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #146 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:06 am

Post by mith »

If you don't have your confirmation number, you can send me your name and shipping address and I'll match them up that way. It really only matters if the shipping information has changed.

I'm still waiting on diginova to get back, he had to travel (for work I guess?).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #151 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:25 am

Post by mith »

I wish I had a positive update... diginova did send the final check to the printer last week, but I haven't heard from him since.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #155 (isolation #18) » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:03 am

Post by mith »

I got an update Friday from diginova - he spoke to the printers at PAX, the colors were a bit off so they were getting that sorted. We
could
be ready tomorrow, but we can't guarantee it. I agree the wait is getting ridiculous, and I apologize to everyone who has ordered for that.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #158 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:18 am

Post by mith »

New files have been submitted, we're waiting on a new sample to check the color issue now.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #188 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:28 am

Post by mith »

The latest from diginova:

His submission to them for production never went through, so they were waiting on each other. He has now received confirmation that they have everything, and the stock for the stickers is in the mail to them. Production should start Monday or Tuesday.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #197 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:39 am

Post by mith »

With the production to start soon, I've added an inventory tracker to the paypal button. We are ordering 100 decks. I have pre-orders for 82, plus a few more I'm purchasing as gifts (including one for Aronis as the design challenge winner). I've set the inventory at 13 decks remaining, there might be a small amount of wiggle room there but if you want a deck you should order ASAP!

I am working on my spreadsheet today with orders and I will be filling in information that has been PMed for confirmation and address changes. I will be in touch with everyone before I actually ship, but if you need to change anything please PM me.

Once we're completely through the printing process, we will be able to evaluate whether there is interest in additional deck orders. Since this is basically a print-on-demand service, we potentially have the opportunity to order 18 card sets with different card distributions (possibly fully customizable per order, but at least for a few preset options such as a small deck of expansion roles, small decks of additional cards for those wanting more of particular roles or for those not needing the full 72 card set, etc.).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #222 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:54 am

Post by mith »

I am back to waiting on an invoice. Following up with diginova.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #229 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by mith »

We are now out of stock, I think. Since we are still experiencing delays, we may have an opportunity to increase the order some, I'll let you know if that happens. Still waiting to hear from digi.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #287 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:02 am

Post by mith »

I haven't heard anything from diginova in about a month. I am getting close to giving up and refunding everyone... this has been extremely frustrating. :/
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #325 (isolation #25) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by mith »

I finally got in touch with diginova today. He has apparently been having problems receiving text messages, and was unaware there was a problem. He is contacting the printer again, I will check back tomorrow.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #330 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by mith »

Talked to him again today, and he has been in touch with the printer. Should be going forward with production (but I'm not going to feel confident about it until the cards arrive).

No baby yet. Due date is Sunday...
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #360 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by mith »

Finally got in touch with diginova again. We're moving on this... cautiously optimistic, if only because I finally have the files in case I lose touch with him again.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #364 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by mith »

Printing is going forward; diginova is expecting to hear something about timing by Monday. I'll keep you updated.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #398 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:51 am

Post by mith »

I talked to diginova on the phone today. The printers are behind, but this is still in motion. "Should" know more about the timetable tomorrow.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #403 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by mith »

No news - we're in the queue, just waiting. diginova is getting a quote from a backup printer in case we need to go another direction.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #414 (isolation #31) » Tue May 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by mith »

Thanks, Iecerint. diginova is supposed to get the sample from the backup printer tomorrow, and if that looks fine we'll be switching to them - still nothing from the first. We're also planning to up the order to 120, so we'll have a few more available for sale at some point.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #421 (isolation #32) » Tue May 24, 2016 6:26 am

Post by mith »

diginova got the sample from the new printer, and is sending the files tonight.

If you are going to need a new shipping address, you can go ahead and send it to me via PM. Please include the date, name, and address of the order so I can match them up. I will be getting in touch with everyone by email before shipping anyway, but it's better if I can get in touch with more people by PM as well.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #464 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:20 am

Post by mith »

I'm calling him today to find out what the latest delay is about.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #472 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:51 am

Post by mith »

diginova appears to have vanished again. I am going to make one more attempt to get in touch this afternoon. This evening, a friend of mine who is a graphic designer is coming over for game night, and I will discuss this again with him to see about getting his help with making this happen.

I am aware of a few printers from previous discussions with diginova and suggestions in this thread, but if you have any experience with getting cards printed, feel free to shoot me a PM with thoughts/advice.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #473 (isolation #35) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:07 am

Post by mith »

He answered this time - has been out of the country again. He is following up with the printer again. I will continue looking into other options as a backup.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #487 (isolation #36) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:56 am

Post by mith »

I'm in the process of contacting printers myself; my friend who does graphic design has the files in case the printer needs any format modification, but hopefully that won't be necessary.

Again, I am very sorry this has taken so long. I was not expecting so much trouble with diginova and/or the printers he has been in touch with. I will of course refund anyone who is fed up with this, totally understandable. Please contact me by PM with "REFUND" in the title so I don't miss it.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #495 (isolation #37) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:13 am

Post by mith »

I *think* I've figured out who I'm printing through. Working on figuring out their file importing to see if there's anything I'm going to need help with as far as converting or formatting, and then I'll get a sample ordered (by the end of the week, ideally).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #501 (isolation #38) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:19 am

Post by mith »

$20 for first, $15 for each additional. (More cost effective for me to combine shipping.)

Also, assuming everything works out with the sample deck, I will likely be able to order some additional decks beyond our planned order of 100. So, if you missed out, keep an eye on this thread.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #502 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:49 am

Post by mith »

Coordinating with Adam to meet sometime this weekend so he can help me with the file formatting. So having a sample on the way this weekend is looking very likely.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #504 (isolation #40) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:23 am

Post by mith »

Sample ordered. Should be here in 1-2 weeks. In the meantime, we'll be working on the non-card stuff (rulebook may need a few tweaks, need to get the tuckbox in the format they need, and need to figure out if stickers are doable or not).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #507 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:04 am

Post by mith »

Delivery of sample expected on Monday.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #512 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:12 am

Post by mith »

Got the sample this weekend, cards look good. Still need to figure out the tuckbox and rulebook.
In post 511, crywolf20084 wrote:If you're needing to order stickers, moo's custom stickers are cheap and quick. Use them for work and I like all their printing.
Do they do removable stickers? I remember diginova saying that the ones he tested (with one of our earlier printers) weren't actually as removable as he was hoping. Unless moo's has this option, I will probably be looking at doing something which can be inserted into a card sleeve (which doesn't need to be a sticker).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #513 (isolation #43) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:17 am

Post by mith »

So, good news and bad news:

Bad news - we were planning on a 72 card deck. However, the printer apparently has a limitation with their 72-count tuckbox, and it actually only holds 70 cards.
Good news - the prices are such that I will likely get around this by jumping to a 90-count tuckbox and adding some extra cards to the deck, rather than cutting a couple cards. No new artwork or anything, but it'll have some extras of commonly repeated cards, blanks, and possibly some common modifier configurations (superimposing our sticker art over the cards to create a printed 1-shot Vig or Macho Cop or whatever).
Bad news - they don't offer rulebook printing. The deck will likely include a card with a URL and/or QR code linking to the rules and sample setups, as well as mafiawiki. If I can find a reasonably priced way to print the rulebooks separately though, I'll do that and pair them up before shipping (however, this would reduce the number of extra cards we could do if we want the rulebook to fit in the tuckbox).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #515 (isolation #44) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:44 am

Post by mith »

Yes, that's an option too.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #518 (isolation #45) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:20 am

Post by mith »

What I'm looking at for the moment is adding 6 setup cards, with front and back having 2-3 setups each with no overlap between player counts. One could then shuffle them up (making sure to flip some while shuffling) and draw until finding a matching player count, if one wanted to select one at random.

Currently we have 30 setups in the rulebook, and we could break down the card faces like this (or similar):

1. Variable 6+ / 5p
2. Variable 7+ / 5p
3. Variable 7+ / 6p
4. Variable 9+ / 6p
5. 7p / 9p / 11p
6. 7p / 9p / 11p
7. 7p / 9p / 12p
8. 7p / 9p / 12p
9. 7p / 9p / 13p
10. 7p / 9p / 13p
11. 8p / 9p
12. 8p / 10p

The question is whether we can fit three setups on a single card face.

Of course, we don't have to include *all* the setups if we do it this way. Or, if we do manage to include a rulebook (I have a lead), we could still have setup cards which would just have a quick reference rather than the full setup.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #519 (isolation #46) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:22 am

Post by mith »

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #521 (isolation #47) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:39 am

Post by mith »

Entirely new roles are not an option at this point - we don't have artwork for them, and even changing the card text will be difficult (we don't have the raw files from diginova, just the ready-to-print version, so matching layout and font and such exactly is basically impossible; we could get close if we absolutely had to).

The goal right now is to get these decks out. The new cards are just a bonus, and I'd like to get them in with minimal effort. Once everyone has their decks, then we can think about maybe doing a second run and offering "expansion" cards.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #527 (isolation #48) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:35 am

Post by mith »

The sticker idea was to have a sheet of reusable removable stickers which could be added to cards as modifiers. So you'd add the "1x" sticker to your Cop card to turn it into a 1-shot Cop for that game (and then remove it later). The stickers diginova tested weren't all that removable, and the printer we are now using doesn't offer that option anyway.

We will still offer the "sticker" sheet online; they can be printed and inserted with the card in a sleeve to get the same effect. (Or you can just write on slips of paper and do the same thing.)

For those who haven't been following along in the other thread, we are also using some of the extra space in the box to include permanently modified versions of some roles. DGB put together some new art to go along with some unused she had already done, so almost all of these feature different art in addition to the modifier icon to make them immediately distinguishable. For example:

Cop: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B15tX ... GMwRXF0Zjg
1-shot Cop: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B15tX ... TJkZHFoSkk
Macho Cop: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B15tX ... XF0a2ZxcGM

And here's the redesigned tuckbox (a little hard to visualize without the fold/cut lines):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B15tX ... lNvNGg1U2s

All that remains to get us printer ready is the sample setup cards. My sister is looking into those this week.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #530 (isolation #49) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:52 am

Post by mith »

zakk, we don't have the ability to modify the card text at this point (without redoing *all* the cards to match). The point is that the modifier overrules the relevant text on the card. This will be spelled out in the rulebook.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #535 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:08 am

Post by mith »

I'll be checking with everyone regarding addresses before I ship. But you can go ahead and send me your new one and I'll add it to the spreadsheet.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #536 (isolation #51) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:19 am

Post by mith »

Kison: It probably is, but it would be a lot of work to update all the text, and would need another round or two of editing to make sure no errors were introduced. (Also, the people I have helping me are doing so for free and don't actually play Mafia, so...)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #540 (isolation #52) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:35 am

Post by mith »

Haven't gotten the sample setup cards from my sister yet, but we're seeing them this weekend. Looking good to get the order placed before the end of the month, which would probably put us shipping late October?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #541 (isolation #53) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:37 am

Post by mith »

(The URL/QR card with links to the rules/forum is going to be awesome, btw. I'm not going to spoil it, you'll just have to wait and see.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #543 (isolation #54) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:51 am

Post by mith »

As of Saturday, she's still tweaking the layout of the setup cards. Having to work on it in little bursts between dealing with the boys. I'll check with her again tonight.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #545 (isolation #55) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:32 am

Post by mith »

This is definitely something I would be interested in revisting eventually, assuming everything with the printing goes well. Now that I've taken this on and have a better idea what I'm doing, I think a 2nd edition or expansion could happen much more smoothly.

Going to bug my sis again tonight, see if we can get these puppies printing this weekend.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #546 (isolation #56) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:37 am

Post by mith »

(Just sent the tuckbox to a guy at the printer to make sure everything is good there.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #547 (isolation #57) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by mith »

She got them done, I sent back some edits. Almost there...
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #552 (isolation #59) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:33 am

Post by mith »

I thought I had already addressed this somewhere, but can't find it. Anyway:

The overlap in player counts is deliberate. For a given number of players, it often happens that different numbers of Mafia can result in a "fair" game (though obviously with a different EV). For example, Nightless 3:9 has an EV of 50%, while 4:8 has an EV of 33.33%; both are considered reasonable, and in fact 4:8 is more common here, IIRC, and town does very well (the argument is that town does much better than random here because Mafia can't get rid of "good" Townies).

Since these are FTF setups, I also tend to allow for lower town EV range than I might otherwise be ok with - scum have a harder time FTF.

Bus Stop is definitely a bit confusing, but it was the best way to fit it on the card. The actually recommendation that will appear in the rules document will be quite a bit more complex - the setup lends itself to wide ranges of viable counts. Anyway, the idea for the setup card is that any number of Mafia is fine, as long as you have 3-7 more Townies. So if you have 13 players, anywhere from 3-5 Mafia will work (town EV is 36% for 3:10, 35% for 4:9, and 39% for 5:8), depending on what type of game you want (5:8 is much more focused on the day 1 lynch, and town would have a lot of trouble coming back if they don't win immediately).

Noted the "gamer" typo.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #554 (isolation #60) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:21 am

Post by mith »

This is a good point. On the role cards, the colors are only used to highlight the alignment, which is also specified in text. We're using these colors as a shortcut for the setup cards to avoid having to spell out "Mafia" or "Town" in front of every role. Note that the rules text will have these spelled out, so you won't need to rely on the colors, but this certainly makes the setup cards less convenient for you.

I'll see if we can come up with an alternate color scheme or iconography or something for those who would have an issue with it.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #558 (isolation #61) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:56 am

Post by mith »

"Vengeful can only kill after day 1" - Shorthand for "after day 1 lynch". I'll have her switch it to "Vengeful only applies day 1", I think that should fit.
Noted on the Less Pressure duplication, copy/paste fail. (That setup is "Son of the Cop".)

The deck only has Innocent Child (x2); I'll have her fix the CI Vanilla setup. (Of course, one could use the CI modifier on a Vanilla card and get another Innocent Child, effectively.) 1x Vigilante exists, yes. (As does 1x Day Vigilante.)

I'll run the cyan suggestion by her. Ideally, she can send me both versions and I can just print a handful of the colorblind-friendly versions for those who need them. It may be as simple as globally changing that color; if it's going to require her manually editing every place where we use green, we'll probably just have to leave it as is.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #559 (isolation #62) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:29 am

Post by mith »

Yep, switching to cyan is no big deal, so I'll see about printing a deck of just recolored setup cards. (The brown for Werewolf may still be a bit problematic, but there is no ambiguity with that one.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #560 (isolation #63) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:44 am

Post by mith »

Here's the revised deck list, for those curious:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

We've got pretty good coverage on roles (including modified roles) that are commonly used in games (plus a few oddball ones which are used in specific open setups).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #561 (isolation #64) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:11 am

Post by mith »

Setup card files are updated; here are the links again, in order this time:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... hqdzg/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... o2dTA/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... Q5YUE/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... lzdHc/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... JiUFU/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... VmQ1k/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... hpekk/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... xReWM/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... pfbnc/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... ZKWG8/view

And here's one of them with cyan:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B15tXB ... 5GU1U/view

I find that too bright to read the white text when I view it in my image viewer (rather than the google preview, which probably isn't handling CMYK all that well), but I'll print a test to see how it looks. (And I'm not colorblind, maybe it looks fine for those who would need this version. xyzzy?)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #563 (isolation #65) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:47 am

Post by mith »

"Printing one out should give you the best estimate of what it will look like. For some reason, I've had colors saved as PDFs or JPGs look very bright on the computer or my phone as well. A designer friend told me the reason one time, but I don't remember. For printing purposes, it is set to pure 100% cyan, which should be OK with white text. If you're still unsure after printing a sample, we could always add like 25% black in with the cyan to make it a little darker. Just let me know!"
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #570 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:27 am

Post by mith »

I considered adding a P, but decided it doesn't look as nice. We will provide a breakdown of the card layout (for these and the role cards as well) in case anyone is confused about what something on the card is conveying. At this point, I'm not going to have my sister modify every setup (again) for a style preference.

If nothing else comes up, I will be uploading files and getting the order placed on Saturday. Design director at the printer said the tuckbox is good to go. I don't know what the turnaround would be for the full order - the sample got to me in a little over a week, but the tuckbox and size of order may add a bit to that. Probably the earliest I could realistically be shipping would be Monday the 24th (my flatmate from England is coming to visit the week prior, so even if they get in that week it's going to be very difficult, but if it happens and you are throwing a Halloween party, let me know and I'll see if I can get a few out early).

I am also planning to send anyone who ordered a copy of the PDF for the cards, and can send that early by request, if you want to print out your own. I did this for a meetup last summer, and they turned out quite nicely (in good card sleeves with MtG cards as backing).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #574 (isolation #67) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:13 am

Post by mith »

Files are uploaded, just waiting on a response from the printer about actually ordering the tuckbox.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #575 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:10 am

Post by mith »

Update: The printer is in the process of adding custom tuckbox printing to low-volume orders, but apparently that transition has screwed up the ordering process for the high-volume orders as well. They're giving me special publishing permissions so that I can get the order placed. Hopefully that will be ready by the time I get home (wife is having knee problems, so I took her to the doctor for that).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #576 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:37 am

Post by mith »

Order placed!

I'll be in touch with everyone who has ordered to get confirmation on addresses and order details, and also to check who needs the color-changed versions of the sample setup cards. I also ordered 25 extra decks, so I'll open the order form back up at some point.

In the not-too-distant future, I should be able to set this up as print-on-demand, so you won't have to wait on me to get a deck. (And we can potentially offer different deck configurations that way.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #591 (isolation #70) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:47 am

Post by mith »

Cards arrived yesterday! I'll work on shipping the first batch Monday.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #600 (isolation #71) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by mith »

Shipped a couple out today while getting more shipping materials together. I've got a list of 20 more shipments confirmed which I will be working on tomorrow.

I just sent an email to everyone I didn't already send a PM to, asking for confirmation of your shipping address. If for some reason you are reading this and ordered but haven't received a PM or email, this is the information I need:

- Name on the order
- mafiascum username
- Name to ship to (if different)
- Address to ship to
- Number of decks
- Date of the transaction (if possible)
- Whether you need the colorblind-friendly sample setup cards

I will be shipping them as I get confirmations; if I haven't heard back from you in two weeks, I will ship to the address given in paypal.

I will also be reopening the order form sometime this week - I ordered about 25 extra to sell. Once those are gone, you'll have to wait until I get the print-on-demand working.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #601 (isolation #72) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by mith »

I will also be working in the next week or two on getting the rules and other information put together and up on the site (the deck includes a URL and QR code pointing to mafiascum.net/Cards, which currently returns a 404 because there's nothing there; I'd like that to change before decks actually start arriving!). If you have any interest in helping with that, let me know.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #605 (isolation #73) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:39 am

Post by mith »

A couple updates, which are related:

I'm not thrilled with the custom tuckboxes - quite a few of them seem to have had some of the printing rubbed off, and a few are folded badly. I'm going to follow up with the printer to see if they can make it right.

There are enough in acceptable condition to ship out existing orders, but additional orders may be delayed (or, if you are in a hurry to have one, you will be ordering with the knowledge that the tuckboxes aren't in great shape).

Currently, the printer only supports custom tuckboxes for large orders (5000+ cards total), but they are working on supporting them for small orders as well; when that happens, they will be a part of the print-on-demand option which will eventually exist, but in the meantime I may offer the cards without the tuckbox.

The cards I have looked at seem ok, but I would recommend using card sleeves to protect them from damage. If anyone notices issues with their deck, let me know and I can work out getting replacements to you.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #606 (isolation #74) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:41 am

Post by mith »

(In shipping news: I haven't been able to ship any today, but I have worked on getting together all the shipping packages so that I can get a bunch out tomorrow. If you've gotten your confirmation in by tonight, yours will be included in that batch, barring some unforeseen holdup at the post office.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #608 (isolation #75) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:19 am

Post by mith »

Putting the packages together took longer than expected (we didn't get started until well after 9 - kiddo is sick, bad cough and puked all over me, glad we weren't standing over the cards or anything), but that's done apart from swapping in colorblind-friendly sample setups as needed. I've got most of the addresses put together in my spreadsheet, and am hoping to print all the labels on my lunch break.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #609 (isolation #76) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:27 am

Post by mith »

Heard back from the printer, he was very apologetic and is running it by printing operations and his CEO; hopeful that we will have some more information pretty soon and will be able to open up orders on the remaining decks. (If you notice any printing irregularities with the cards themselves, please let me know by PM or email ASAP, and I will pass it on to them.)

One other thing to note for future orders: In addition to the custom tuckbox, the printer offers a generic clear plastic box which they can include for $1. It holds about 120 unsleeved cards, but I got some KMC perfect fit sleeves for my copy and found that they fit just about perfectly in that box. It won't work for standard card sleeves (which are thicker), but it's a good option for storage if you want to sleeve your cards. (I haven't tried putting the sleeved cards in the custom tuckbox - obviously they won't all fit, but if say ~60 cards fit you could take out some of the extras and roles you don't care about and be still be prepared for a wide range of setups. I'll try it out tonight if I remember.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #610 (isolation #77) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by mith »

44 orders (69 decks) are labelled and ready to ship (apart from postage). I'll be spending my lunch break at the post office tomorrow. :)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #611 (isolation #78) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:00 am

Post by mith »

Those decks are now shipped! I'll be sending tracking numbers out when I have time.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #612 (isolation #79) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:57 am

Post by mith »

Last I heard from the printer, they were looking into sending ~20 replacement decks to make up for the misprinted tuckboxes. So we'll have a few more to sell than I was expecting (just some won't have nice boxes with them). I'll wait until I know for sure what I have available before I reopen the ordering, though.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #621 (isolation #80) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:54 am

Post by mith »

I still haven't gotten tracking numbers sent out, given the site downtime; at this point, I probably won't bother. If you confirmed your address before Thursday, are in the US, and haven't gotten your cards by tomorrow or so, poke me and I'll check the tracking.

I'll be getting more cards sent tomorrow, I think.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #638 (isolation #81) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 am

Post by mith »

Update on the remaining decks:

I got a shipment of replacements for the misprinted/misfolded tuckboxes, which all look great. I'll finish pulling the decks from the old boxes and placing them in the new shortly, and the order form will be updated sometime after that (the coming few days will be prohibitively busy, given the migration and security breach, plus a bunch of off-site stuff).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #641 (isolation #82) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:16 am

Post by mith »

I've been busy with BGG.con and work stuff, but I'll get back on this after Thanksgiving. (I should have time on Saturday?)

I am planning to limit orders on the remaining decks to 1 for the first week or so (to make sure more people are able to get one); if you want more than one, send me a PM and I'll put you on a waiting list and notify you if they haven't sold out in the first week. There should be 20ish available.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #643 (isolation #83) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:26 am

Post by mith »

Sorry all, slacking again (for various reasons). I will get this going soon.

I will try to notify everyone who has posted in this thread and not already ordered when new orders may be placed.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #650 (isolation #84) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:19 am

Post by mith »

First batch of the new orders shipped yesterday - half of them are international, but the US ones *might* get to you before Christmas. Still some left!
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #657 (isolation #85) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:13 am

Post by mith »

As of this post, there are 7 decks available through PayPal (there may be a couple more physical decks, I need to count up how many I actually have left). Link is in the first post. When they're gone, PayPal will reject the order.

I will be shipping a batch Tuesday, I hope. Sorry for the long delay, this has been a rough month.

Once the existing decks are gone, I will set up a print-on-demand service.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #659 (isolation #86) » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Post by mith »

I'll look into it tomorrow; other people have ordered successfully, so it would seem to be specific to your account.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #663 (isolation #87) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:42 am

Post by mith »

In post 661, Sesq wrote: Either way, this is gonna be really cool. Also, what do you mean by physical and paypal decks?
Paypal has an inventory management thing; I put in an estimate, I need to go back and see how many decks I actually have here, it might have been low by a couple.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #664 (isolation #88) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:14 am

Post by mith »

Sorry for the delays all, I've been busy at work and we were out of town this weekend. I will definitely get them shipped this week.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #666 (isolation #89) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 am

Post by mith »

More slacking this week, but I did get them sent today.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #670 (isolation #90) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:01 am

Post by mith »

After several consecutive weeks of someone being sick at our house, I should finally be getting caught up on these this week. I believe I have about 3 left for ordering, but I'll post an exact count after my next shipment.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #671 (isolation #91) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:15 am

Post by mith »

Apologies for dragging on this again. Work got cwazy. (Effectively, I got a promotion.) Things should settle down within the next week or two.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”