Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #227 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by zoraster »

Strategy Mafia

Game Specific Rules

Rounds

1. There are 14 Rounds in each Day. There will usually be 24 hours between rounds. (updated for clarity)
2. The game begins on Round 1, but pre-game/night time moves MAY be made (i.e. moves that will be made on Round 1)
3. There will be a deadline set for move submissions, generally 10-12 hours before the next Round.
4. I reserve the right to change the time between Rounds to suit my schedule
(e.g. if I'm out of town for a weekend, I might need to have a Round last 48 hours then compensate by having the next two last only 12 hours)

Lynch Deadlines

A lynch will occur when there is a majority of votes on one player. Round 14 ends the day. If there was no majority by this time, there is a no lynch.

Regular Moves

Moves may be made to rooms that are adjacent north, south, each or west (i.e. up/down, left/right) but not diagonally.

Daily chits:
Each player (including scum players) on Day 1 gets
1 blue chit
2 green chits
, and
2 red chits
. See below for others.
2. A
blue chit
must be used in the first
three
rounds of a Day. A
green chit
must be used in the first
eight
rounds of a Day. A
red chit
may be used at any time that day. A
purple chit
may be used on any day and saved from one day to another.
Moving Other Players:
A player may use
one
chit to move another player in the game.
Moving Yourself:
A player may move himself by spending
two
chits.
5. The most restrictive applicable chit will always be used (blue over green over red).
Multiple Moves:
Making more than one move in a single round will double the cost of each subsequent move (e.g. moving two players in a single round will cost 3 chits total [1+2], moving yourself twice will cost 6 chits [2+4]).
Saving Chits:
Only
purple chits
are saved from one day to the next.
8. Chits are expended
when the PM is sent,
regardless of whether the move goes through, the move is valid, etc.
Insurance
In the PM a player sends to the mod to move, he may indicate that he wants to spend a chit on "insurance." This means his move will occur before any other move that did not pay an "insurance" chit.
Non-moves
A player may spend the appropriate number of chits (1 for others, 2 for himself) to do a "non-move" -- in other words, to try and keep the intended player from moving. An insurance chit may be used. A non-move will be decided in exactly the same manner as a regular move.
String Moves
See below
12. Moves are due by the posted deadline or will not be counted.
Once submitted by PM, you may change your move by editing or deleting your message. However, once the moderator opens the PM, the move will be made and you will be charged, period. If you try to submit another move, you will be charged according to the "multiple move" provision.

Conflicting Moves

Often there will be two or more moves that conflict with each other. It will be decided in the following fashion:
1. Moves to the Party Room
2. "Mafia Moves" (see below)
3. Insured Moves (if two or more conflicting moves are insured, random order between insured moves)
4. Random order.
Note: Non-moves and most other actions that require a chit (e.g. the door control) work using the same system as the moves. Actions that do not require a chit generally are not on the move system (e.g. throwing the switch)

Spoiler: String Moves
String Moves

Players may act in concert to move another player (or themselves) multiple spaces without spending the extra chits. To do this, though, the order of their moves must be precise.

Example 1
SpyreX and Vi want to move Zoraster from the Nexus to the Secluded Villa in one Round. SpyreX has two chits and Vi has one chit available, so neither can move Zoraster both spaces in one round alone (it would cost 3 chits, see Move Rule 6). Instead, SpyreX could move Zoraster to the Rageatorium with an insured move and Vi could move Zoraster to the Secluded Villa. If there are no other moves that round, it will work because first SpyreX will get to move Zoraster from the Nexus to the Rageatorium. Then Vi's move will work because now Zoraster is in the Rageatorium.
Example 2
SpyreX and Vi attempt the same moves as above. But Faraday has an insured move of Zoraster from the Nexus to the Campfire. It is then random chance whether SpyreX or Faraday's move goes through first. If SpyreX's move fails, then so does Vi's, wasting all of their chits.

Daily Chits

11-20 Alive:
1 blue chit
2 green chits
, and
2 red chits

0-10 Alive:
2 blue chits
2 green chits
, and
2 red chits

PMing Your Moves

To PM a move, please send some version of the following PM:
PLEASE TITLE YOUR MESSAGE with "ROUND X MOVE" where X is the round you're making the move.

Move PM wrote:Hi Zoraster!
Player to Move:
SpyreX
Room to Move to:
The Switch
Insurance?:
No

Mafia Move:

The mafia get a free move on Rounds 10, 11, 12, and two free moves on Round 14.

Vote Counts and Round Postings

Zoraster
will post vote counts. These will be posted frequently, at least once a real life day but the moderator will try to post once a page when possible.
Zorastermod
will post each Round. This is so that players can isolate zorastermod to see the history of movement without vote counts getting in the way.

A sample Round Post:

Day 1, Round 5Image
Moves:

MOVES WILL BE PUT HERE

GREEN
RED
, AND
PURPLE
CHITS ACCEPTED.

Next Round's Move Due:
20:00 EDT
Remember to title your message "Round X Move" where X is the current Round

Note: Do NOT PM this account. PM Zoraster for all game comments

Each circle will be filled in with a short version of a player's name (e.g. XReckonerX might be XRX), and that will be the player's identification.

Room Descriptions:

A3. Door Control:
Max 1. A player in the Door Control may, by using an applicable chit, open or close any door in the building. However, a path must always be left open between the Nexus and the Door Control. This works on the same "move" schedule and the move may be insured.
B3. Secluded Villa:
Max 3. The secluded villa is a peaceful place. Players in the secluded villa may only talk in a given QT (the QT will be changed each time a new player enters or exits the villa). Players may not talk in the game thread or any other QTs they have. Players may ONLY do the following actions in game:
Vote, unvote,
and
confirm vote
. Players may do each of those actions ONCE per Round. Players in the Secluded Villa may NOT talk in any other QT. Who knows what other mysteries the villa holds? The QTs given may NOT be linked to to any other player, including scum teammates. QTs may not be copy and pasted from (but may be summarized). There may be only one active Secluded Villa QT at a time (i.e. they shut down after a new player enters or leaves).
C2. Party Room:
Max 1 or 20. A player may spend two chits to throw a party. So long as the party host stays in the room, any player in the game may spend one chit to move himself to the party room. The party must be thrown before players may move to it (i.e. a party may not start and be joined on the same round)
C3. Rageatorium:
Max 4. Players in the Rageatorium who cast votes for other players in the Rageatorium count as TWO votes. This does NOT increase the number of votes necessary to lynch.
C4. Electric Chair:
Max 1. A player who is in the electric chair when a majority of the players in the switch throw the switch is executed. The chair may only be used once during the game.
C5. Security Room:
Max 1. A player in the security room when night falls may PM the moderator with one of the rooms in the game. That player will watch the room and any player who enters the room during the night will be identified to the player by the moderator.
D1. Panic Room:
Max 1. A player in the panic room may be neither killed nor lynched. Any other action may target a person in the panic room.
D2. Monastery:
Max 2. Players in the monastery take two chits to move rather than the normal one (self moves still cost 2)
D3. Nexus
Max 5. The starting point for players in the game. The room does nothing.
D4. The Switch:
Max 5. A player in the switch may PM the mod to "throw the switch" if there are at least two players in The Switch and a majority of players (50%+1) throw the switch that round, the person in the electric chair is executed. A new PM must be sent EACH ROUND.
E2. Move Checker:
Max 1. When a player enters the move checker room, he may pick another player to watch. Each time that player makes a move (whether on himself or another player), the player in the move checker room will be informed of it (as well as who he moved)
E3. Campfire:
Max 5. Any time a player leaves the campfire at Night for any reason, he is spotted by the other players in the campfire.
E4. War Room:
Max 1. A player in the war room receives a
purple
chit if he stays in the room for at least 3 consecutive rounds. He must leave and then come back to earn another purple chit. A purple chit may be used in any round on any day.
F3. Tipping Point:
Max 4 or 5. If this room ever has four players in it (five in D1), the day is automatically accelerated to Round 10 and all players in the Tipping point are transported to the Nexus. If it is already Round 10 or later, no regular moves may be made (mafia moves may still be made) until there are fewer than 4 players in the Tipping Point. D1 requires 5 to tip the room. All other Days require only 4.
G3. Potion Room:
Max 2. A player who is a power role that enters the potion room loses his power. (e.g. Town Tracker becomes Vanilla Townie. Mafia Tracker becomes Mafia Goon). A player who lacks a player role and enters the potion room will gain a power. Maximum of one role gained per player per game day. Please note that factional abilities such as the mafia kill and mafia move are unaffected by this room.

Night Resolution (IMPORTANT)

Night ResolutionsNight Resolution will occur first according to this list:
1. All actions that come from being in a room (e.g. security room)
2. All actions occurring in the same room as targets
3. All actions occurring in an adjacent room as targets
4. All actions occurring in rooms two over as targets
5. Etc.

If there is a tie, it uses the following role based order:
1. Roleblocks
2. Protective Roles
3. Kills (simultaneous)
4. Miscellaneous
5. Investigations

For example, if a Doctor is two rooms away from his target and the mafia member carrying out the kill is in the same room as his target, the doctor will NOT save his target.

You know the following Role exists in this game

Vanilla TownieYou are a vanilla townie.

You receive 1
blue chit
, 2
green chits
, and 2
red chits
on the first Day to spend. Please read the rules regarding moving carefully. Remember that blue chits must be spent on Rounds 1, 2 and 3, that green chits must be spent on Rounds 1-8 and red chits may be used on any round.

You have the power to vote to lynch. You win when all mafia and all third parties are dead.

Confirm by PM. You may access the thread here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... =3&t=18881
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 17 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #251 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:38 am

Post by zoraster »

This is so weird. I actually had a half-awake/half-asleep idea the other night about running "Cat Mafia" where powers for each day were assigned by the positioning of my three cats at that point in the day. In retrospect, I have no idea what that would enTAIL (har har har) but a coincidence nonetheless.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #262 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 260, Max wrote:

I expect to be starting sign-ups from Early October. I will be operating a *prod-heavy* scheme and I will not force deadlines until discussion lags.

Going retro, eh?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #274 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:09 am

Post by zoraster »

OUTWITTED

This is a game that takes a simple concept and sees how players use it to outwit each other. The concept is simple: roles will conflict with each other, and one will win out. Each player is given cards and plays those along with their power. If their card(s) total more than the player they conflict with, the power works. For example, a mafia might try and kill someone by playing an 8. A doctor might protect that same player with a 9. The kill wouldn't go through. But if the doctor had only played a 5, it would.

This game is
Night Start
and in order to play
all players
must pass a simple logic puzzle.

Current pre-ins:
  1. SpyreX
  2. LLamarble
  3. Klazam
  4. hitogoroshi (maybe)

I have space for two or three more pre-ins (depending on hito). I currently have 7 mods in front of me in the queue. Even if I run out of pre-in spots, I'd be happy to preapprove you to sign up with the logic puzzle.

=====
Logic Puzzle Joining Barrier

There are three requirements to play this game:
1. You must have at least one completed game on site.
2. You must not have a serious problem with any of the players in the game.
3. You must score a 2 out of 3 or higher on a logic puzzle.

When you /in to join (or /pre-in) you will be PMed a logic puzzle with three questions to complete. To play, you must complete the puzzle and score at least a 2 out of 3 on it. If you fail to do so, you will not be allowed to play. No exceptions.

Spoiler: Game Details
Basis of Game

Unless stated otherwise, each player will receive 10 cards, one each between 1-10. Each time a power is attempted to be used, a player must play at least one card and may play more than one. If his power comes into conflict with another power (e.g. doc vs. night kill), the higher total wins. If a player runs out of cards,
he may not use his power.

Night Start

This game is a Night Start game, beginning on Night 1. By playing you accept the swing inherent in a night start.

Conflicting Actions

In any conflicting action there is an
offensive
power and a
defensive
power. For example, in a cop investigation on a godfather, the cop is the offensive power and the godfather the defensive. Or in a night kill versus a doctor protect, the night kill is offensive, the doctor defensive.

In a tie between two powers, the
defensive power always wins.
Note: Powers may be defensive in some regards and offensive in others (e.g. a jailkeeper roleblocking someone is offensive, but protecting against an action is defensive).

Setup Composition:

You know this setup has: at least two investigative roles, at least one protective role, a single mafia team, no third parties, and at least one town bulletproof (role PM below). All town roles will be roles familiar to an experienced player, though mechanically modified to fit the theme.

Total Points Played Report

Unless there are 5 or fewer players, every
odd
day there will be a "total points played" report at the start of the day. This will add together the point values of all played cards in the game.

Spoiler: Scum PM
Sample Scum PMYou are on the Mafia team. You win when the town is eliminated or nothing can stop you from winning.

You may communicate at any time with your teammates here: XXXXXXXX

Personal Ability

Personal ability would be listed here. For example, Role Cop.

Factional Abilities

As a faction you have two categories.

Kill

You have 10 "Kill" cards, one each 1-10. You or one of your teammates must PM the mod each night and indicate who you want to kill, which card(s) you want to play, and who you want to carry out the kill. If you carry out your kill and a tracker follows you or a watcher watches your target, you will be undetected carrying out the kill if you played a higher or equal kill card than the track card or the watch card.

Restock

Instead of a night kill,
once
during the game you may PM the moderator with a target. You will steal that player's cards starting with his lowest card until you reach 7 or more total points.

Fake Claims

This will list 3 or 4 roles that are on the potential abilities list that are not in the game.
[/.spoiler]

Spoiler: Town Bulletproof PM
Town Bulletproof PMYou are the town Bulletproof. You have 10 "Bulletproof" cards, one each 1-10 (e.g. you have one 1, one 2, etc.). Each night in order to use your power, you must PM the mod with which card(s) you wish to play. If a night kill targets you and you played a higher or equal total, you will not die. You will be informed when you are hit.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #280 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by zoraster »

What's the under/over on fart jokes, Nexus? That's the reason I had to stop reading those books... :-/
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #282 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:52 am

Post by zoraster »

Draw, Partner

I'd like to know if there's interest in this as a marathon game. 7 players, 1 mafia, Nightless. Each day the town votes two players to duel each other. The moderator will post a challenge. The first player to complete it wins the duel and stays alive. The other is eliminated from the game.

If you're interested, PM me. I'll put it up if I get 4 /ins by PM. Otherwise I won't bother.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #290 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 am

Post by zoraster »

Animal Rescue: petPick

This game is a little like a uPick game. But instead of submitting roles, each player will submit photos, names and stories of their pets. The moderator will then design a setup around these submissions.

Any type of pet is fine so long as you feel a deep affection for the animal. The animal could even have passed away. I encourage you to submit ALL of the animals you’d like rather than just one.

Spoiler: You might see these guys
One of the reasons I’m doing this game is because I love animals. I’ve fostered quite a few animals, grew up with dogs and I have three cats of my own. One of the things that touches me is when others love their pets as much as I love my own. With that in mind, my own cats will be submitted and may or may not be used in some manner. As an example of what kind of thing I’m looking for:

Athena is the queen of the house. She shows affection, but on her terms. She’s also the smartest cat, figuring out how to open doors, where the food is hidden, etc. She was originally found under a laundry basket in the middle of August heat before my fiancée rescued her.

Hermes is a goofy mama’s boy. He was originally adopted from a rescue organization that we later fostered cats for, and ever since he’s stayed as close as possible to my fiancée. He sleeps around her head at night, follows her from room to room, waits at the door at around when she gets home, and so on.

Apollo (left) was originally a tiny kitten that we fostered. His sister we adopted out, but because of a heart defect that caused him to almost die several times and require administration of medicine twice daily, we couldn’t adopt him out for another six months. By that point, he had wormed his way into the family. He loves to follow around his bigger brother, and he lives to play – showing no weakness from the heart condition he still has some (non-lethal) remainder of.

Anyway, I’m now taking 8 pre-ins. If I get more than 8, I’ll put you on a notification list where I’ll PM you the minute I put the sign-up sheet.

EDIT: I should say that you can simply pre-in for now. You don't need to submit your pets until the actual game sign-ups go up, but you're of course welcome to do so anyway.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #292 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by zoraster »

hahaha i like your tag line.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #336 (isolation #8) » Tue May 29, 2012 11:10 am

Post by zoraster »

taking pre-ins/notifications (if pre-ins are full). Timeline to start on this is probably something like 2 months. Need to do the roles, then submit to the theme queue, then get through that queue.

Always On Mafia

Always On Mafia is all about being connected to other participants. Players can talk to other players as much as they want.

This game is meant to be both serious and fun. However, given the game's nature, it may be... interesting. Who knows how it'll work out. But I promise I'll make every effort to make it go as smoothly and fun as possible.

The game and the roles won't be too crazy as the focus of the game is on the outside communication mechanic.

Rules

Player To Player Communication

Players are allowed to talk to other players in any method they wish, including but not limited to:
1. AIM/MSN/Gchat
2. PM
3. Skype
4. On the phone
5. In Person
6. Hand written letters
7. Telepathy
8. Sky writing

Players are not allowed to seek the commentary of people or players not in the game. People outside the game are not allowed to comment on the game. Incidental hearing is okay, but players should avoid this.

Conversations between players may be 1-on-1 or group communications.

Recording

You may record and post video or audio of conversations with other players so long as the following requirements are met:
1. The posting must be done on youtube or a similar streaming site. No downloads.
2. The recording(s) of any given conversation should be no longer than 5 minutes.
BOTH
participants must agree to be recorded. This is a legal requirement in some states. But it is ALWAYS a requirement here. Consent must be given before the conversation occurs.
4. You have posted no more than 4 videos/audio recordings that Day already. (So you may post up to 5 recordings per game Day).
5. This rule applies for any posting outside of the game too.

Transcriptions

1. Text conversations (via AIM, Gchat, PM or otherwise) may not be copied into the forum. They may, of course, be paraphrased.
2. This rule applies to outside conversations as well, not just in game. For example, you can't copy and paste an AIM conversation into another AIM conversation.

Screen Captures

Screen Captures are not allowed.

Alliances

Players should not engage in alliances with outside friends. This is largely unenforceable, but players should attempt to lynch scum, not those who are not their friends.

Lynching

All votes must take place in thread.
Lynches on Days 1 and 2 will require 60% of votes available, rounded up. Day 3+ will require 50%+1, rounded up.

Activity

There are two requirements for activity:
1. You must be active in the game forum. This means you must post more than simple prod-dodges every 72 hours.
2. You must make yourself available for outside thread conversations. You don't have to accept all conversation, but you must accept SOME by at least PM. I mean, come on. Why play if you aren't?

Real Life Prize!

The player who best captures the spirit of "Always On" by finding the funniest, most useful to their side, broadest number of ways, and with the broadest number of different players to utilizing the game's unique rules will win a real life prize, tailored to them personally.* You will want to win this prize.

I will, however, take into account a player's personal situation (e.g. if they already live with 4 other people in the game, they'll be judged somewhat harder than if they live in the Yukon alone).

*You may have to give me your address if you win.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #359 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by zoraster »

didn't we have a thread where we could just link to enthusiastic, well meaning, new people? let me see if i can find it.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #360 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by zoraster »

Ahhh here we go, Sir: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22551 Although that only discussed the why not the what. So here's a link to the modding requirements:

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... quirements
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #362 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by zoraster »

Yes.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #364 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by zoraster »

there should be an edit button in the upper right hand corner of your post next to the quote and Q+ buttons.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #367 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by zoraster »

Also, even if you did want to mod a game here (get our terminology right at least), you might consider at least putting together a different game than the one you are currently trying to run on a different site:

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthrea ... g-Sign-ups
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #388 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by zoraster »

i'm considering it... i love that book a lot.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #393 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:25 am

Post by zoraster »

The Detectives

Taking pre-ins now. PM me.

Pre-ins

1. Nuwen
2. Mehdi2277
3. Salamence20

This is a 13-player Mini-Theme Game. It is a Pick Your Role variant. Every player gets to choose an investigative power role. There are no limits on how many there are. Scum have day talk. There will be a short pre-game discussion for all players followed by selections of roles, followed by
Night
start.

Town Power Roles

Each player in the game will choose to be one of the following. There is no limit to the number of each:
1. Gunsmith (has a gun)
2. Tracker
3. Voyeur (what actions were performed on a player, but not how many times)
4. Day Coroner

Mafia Power Roles

In addition, the mafia will choose to give each of its players one of the following (no role may be used by more than one mafioso):
1. Crooked Cop (leaves a gun on someone else)
2. Roleblocker
3. Redirector
4. Bus Driver
5. Darkness Bomb (results for the following Night and Day are no reveal when this player is lynched)
6. Janitor
7. Ninja (trackers only see the town power)

Mafia members may always use their town power. Mafia members may either use their scum power or carry out the mafia kill, except Janitor and Ninja which use their powers only when carrying out the mafia kill. Mafia may not no kill.

Trackers will see only one result for their target. They will see the scum action if there is one, else the town action.

Warning: This game is obviously super power heavy. As such, balance will depend heavily on town and mafia's selections.

This game will use short one week Day deadlines.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #402 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:41 am

Post by zoraster »

cool concept.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #407 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 am

Post by zoraster »

Double Elimination

5p Micro. Next up in the micro queue.

In this game, every person gets two roles at the start of the game: a first role and a second role. They launch into the game with the first role active. If they die, they get their second role at the start of the next Day or Night (i.e. if killed at night, they get it at the start of the next Day)

The role you are when the game ends determines whether you win or lose. Your overall win condition is simply to win: you do NOT have to "play to your win con" while you are one role -- you may, in fact, try to get killed to move to your second role. The game ends when either there are no more mafia or no more town alive AT THAT MOMENT. So beware sacrificing yourself as mafia. If you were the only one alive at that time, you lose!

Scum do not know each others' identities. This means that it is possible at some point in the game that it will turn into reverse mafia.

Warnings:

1. Fairly quick deadlines. 1 week Days, 48 hour Nights.
2. This is obviously an experimental setup. Balance is to hope, but not expect, to see. I've done my level best in that department, however.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #421 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:09 am

Post by zoraster »

Low Effort Mafia

9p Micro

3 scum vs. 6 town

Each town member is given in their role pm a 100% sane-cop guilty result.

Scum have day talk and a 48 hour pre-game planning window. The scum will decide which town player gets a guilty on which scum member.

If scum is lynched D1, it's a town win. If town is lynched D1, it's a scum win. No lynch is a scum victory.

One month deadline. 72 hour activity requirements.

I'll take 4 pre-ins.

Pre-ins

1. XReckonerX
2. Mehdi2277
3. esuriospiritus (possibly hydra with pie)
4. Nachomamma08
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #485 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:47 am

Post by zoraster »

The Cult 2

9p Micro Cult Based. Next In Sign Ups

This is a simplified version of the first game. Essentially:

It starts at 8 town vs. 1 Cult Leader.

Night 1 or any subsequent night the Cult Leader can choose to recruit one person. If it is successful, the recruited person becomes the Apostle. The Apostle is told that they have been recruited. The Apostle retains his or her town power. The Apostle is not told the identity of the Cult Leader and the Cult Leader is not told whether the Apostle was successfully recruited. Once the Apostle has been recruited, the Cult Leader will fail to recruit anyone else.

Once made the Apostle, the Apostle may choose to recruit someone else. If she attempts to recruit, she martyrs the Cult Leader, thereby night killing the Cult Leader irrespective of whether the recruitment was successful. If the recruit is successful, then the recruited player becomes the Convert. The Convert loses any town power he had. The Convert will not be told the identity of the Apostle, and the Apostle will not be told if the recruitment was successful.

Both the Apostle and the Cult Leader may continue to submit night recruitments every night even if their previous recruitments were successful. It will just fail.

Town wins if at any point there are no cult. A Day 1 cult lynch will win the game automatically.

Cult wins if it eliminates all town. 2 v 2 is not an automatic cult win because the junior cult member does not know the identity of the senior cult member.

Pre-ins
(2 of 4)
chkflip
GuyInFreezer
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #507 (isolation #20) » Wed May 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by zoraster »

The Fortnight

A large theme game that will last no more than 14 days.

Are you ready for a challenge that'll show off your true scum hunting skills? Look no further.

This game is difficult on EVERY player, but skill will prevail.

Game Description

16 player game that lasts
14 days
. 14
Town
, 2
Mafia Lovers
. 14 day total deadline (though slightly more for last choices).

Day 1 works normally. If town lynch mafia, they win.

However, if they don't lynch a mafia member, all town members become
Third Party Independent Private Investigators
. At this point, the mafia must pick one of their two members to kill. This is announced. There is no night, players may continue to speak to each other until 14 days after the game start.

At the end of the 14th day, each Investigator accuses one player. If that player is the remaining mafioso, that Investigator wins. If it is not, then he loses. Multiple Investigators may win.

One caveat: The townie with the most accusations against him, if he has as many or more accusations against him than the mafioso has, automatically loses and their accusation is ignored. In the event of a tie, no player automatically loses.

The mafia only win if the mafioso is not selected by any private investigator that is not ignored.

THIS GAME WILL START IN THE VERY, VERY NEAR FUTURE. PRE-INS WELCOME

Pre-ins (5/8)
  1. MattP
  2. GuyInFreezer
  3. kuribo
  4. BBMolla
  5. Kid A

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #508 (isolation #21) » Thu May 02, 2013 10:14 am

Post by zoraster »

Just an update that the above mentioned game is now in sign ups. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28206
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #525 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:34 am

Post by zoraster »

how can you have a Red Wedding game and NOT have it be bastard?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #662 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:00 am

Post by zoraster »

Similar named to above but much different!

Event Card Mafia

A Large Theme

Each Day a different Event Card is flipped over with different and wide ranging effects. For example, one breaks the game into two private threads, each with a lynch. Another (Dia De Los Muertos) invites the dead to return for a Day to talk. Yet another makes all votes submitted anonymously. The list goes on!

different Event cards in all!

Warnings

1. The game is exceptionally swingy. Although there are mechanics to help control what cards are picked (on both the town and mafia sides), at its heart this is a game full of randomly determined events. Don't come in expecting that even the best moderator in the world could possibly balance this setup. I'll do my best to make it possible for both sides to be competitive, but make no mistake: things will swing
2. The game will last longer than my normal games do I think. I'd just keep in mind that this requires a bit longer time commitment.
3. This game is somewhat complex. If you just want to play some mafia without considering a mechanic, this probably isn't the best choice.

That said the game is open for pre-ins, though spots are filling

1. TheIrishPope
  2. Feirei
  3. Venmar
  4. ActionDan
  5. DeltaWave
  6. xReckonerX
  7. Agar
  8. BROseidon
  9. Bulbazak
  10. GuyInFreezer
  11. zMuffinMan
  12. Brian Skies
  13. qwints
  14. Kublai Khan
  15. Iecerint
of 25 total players.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #665 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:24 am

Post by zoraster »

Tired of the actual work of playing mafia? Just want to sit back while someone else plays for you? Want confusing statistics thrown in seemingly at random? Come join the latest Marathon Game Craze: NO EFFORT MAFIA

That's not a joke. You roll some dice, you're done. You don't have to post. You don't have to scum hunt. You don't have to make night submissions.

Join

Right this second!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #674 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:13 am

Post by zoraster »

to be fair, it's not usually a mod who provides how big or small a game is.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #719 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by zoraster »

FitzOtter I

No it's not a joint effort between havingfitz and me. Fitz was a term often used to describe an acknowledged illegitimate son. Henry VIII's illegitimate son was Henry Fitzroy, for example. This is similar to A Song of Ice and Fire where each kingdom has their own term for a son born out of wedlock.

In other words, this is a bastard game. In fact, it is the first in a series of FOUR planned bastard games under this title.

Each game will have a different bastard element (or more than one). However, I'm not just doing this to mess with people (a nice side benefit). I'd like to think that each element I use has a purpose. And unlike games like Mindscrew, I will try to avoid Stuff Just Happens.

The first game in this series will be a Mini-Theme, but others will likely be Large Themes.

To the extent you trust me as a mod, I invite you on this journey. If you play in all four FitzOtter games there may be a prize for you at the end -- or maybe I'm just
lying
. Regardless, assuming you are an active participant in good standing in the first game, you will have first dibs on the second.

Taking pre-ins now.

Sorry, should have specified a couple zoraster normal requirements:

1. No secret alts.
2. No hydras.

Pre-ins filled
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime