Dance of the Title Fairy: Pale Moonlight Edition

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #75 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:43 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

50th except when he does for pie

Seriously, does anyone not know him for that?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #437 (isolation #1) » Fri May 01, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

The Cheery Dog title really does seem like a case of blatant fairy bias tbh. Not saying it's intentional (and I don't think it is), but I definitely think it's there. Psyche hit the important point here that Kayak is something that N and SK use on the forums to refer to Cheery Dog and....really no one else ever does. Is the distinction that it originated on the forums really that important to a title? It honestly seems like it's something SK is using to convince himself of the merit of this title in the absence of anything that makes it good.

Like...my title comes from off-site. Almost any scummer whose primary interaction with me comes from anywhere but MS knows me as Frog or some variant thereof and it spread to a small handful of people who don't know me off-site. If someone wanted to know what my title meant, they could look around and see that people call me Frog and Ghostfrog and they could find that I post "Ribbit~" sometimes, but they would really have no idea why. And I don't think that's a problem. It's something that people do call me and it's a kinda sorta persona that I kinda sorta sometimes use. The fact that someone could theoretically find N's GTKAS and see that he made a forced joke about palindromes that caught on with literally one other person on the forums adds pretty much no value to the title. It's just weak and I don't know why it's being considered at all.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #439 (isolation #2) » Fri May 01, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Then he should have to post lots of recordings of himself singing in the speakeasy karaoke thread to get his title.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #451 (isolation #3) » Sat May 02, 2015 4:28 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 448, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 444, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I thought Cheery Dog was genuinely called Kayak, just fyi. This whole clique stuff is silly; 4 people who definitely aren't part of some SK-clique supported the title.

I'm sure I'm described the answer to that problem in my GTKAS thread.

I assume the joke hasn't completely died off because my skype avatar is still a kayak from after skrew first called me kayak there.
So basically it's a joke that you have to navigate to N's GTKAS to find, Cheery Dog's GTKAS to understand is a joke at all, and that's caught on on Skype but not on the forums. Does that sum it up?

I'm with the I-didn't-think-this-was-a-serious-nom group (and didn't even realize SK had given him the title until other people pointed it out because the entire titling process seemed like a bad joke) and I'd already read both GTKAS threads, as well as every discussion thread in which Kayak was used in relation to Cheery Dog - there are almost none. Additionally, there is a grand total of 1 marathon game in which N briefly used it and 1 marathon game and 1 regular game in which SK briefly used it. No one else used it in either game.

Kayak is just completely not a thing on the forums. People do not call him Kayak (with the
rare
exception of N and SK). I have no idea if the title is supposed to be based on the fact that people call him Kayak or if it's supposed to be referencing the fact that it's a joke, but both angles are super super weak.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #933 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Nominate N for Kayak Moment

because...I don't know, I'm not really serious about that

I have no opinion either way on the shade thing, but RiotBRO is soo much better and it's a shame that possibility never got discussed
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1053 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:56 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Accept when he does is a great title, but I don't think anyone would be sad if you left Pie with his "temporary" title forever
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1477 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:38 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 1474, zoraster wrote:Maybe N should have "Kayak Moment" as a title.
nth!

Make it happen, SKrew!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1503 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 1477, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 1474, zoraster wrote:Maybe N should have "Kayak Moment" as a title.
nth!

Make it happen, SKrew!
Seriously, can you just give N that title? He'd probably stop giving Cheery kayak if his own title had the word kayak in it
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1535 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 1531, SleepyKrew wrote:For real though, Kayak Moment isn't good. It's similar to EWHD because it became a thing by people trying and failing to make it a thing. Plus yeah the scummie's going away.
Kayak Moment is a lot more like Accept When He Does - it's a title based on a controversial title nom that got rejected and keeps resurfacing.

I pretty much agree with anything Ether's said in any post she's ever made in the entire history of the site, so just pretend I quoted all of her posts and said "QFT" if that's more convincing. She words things more eloquently than I do.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #1666 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 1656, The Bulge wrote:
In post 1653, Cheery Dog wrote:I still think Not the Blue Blur was a better title for sonic.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #2112 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Nominate Firebringer for Taker of Ice