Heroes of the Storm

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Heroes of the Storm

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Post by ooba »

Hi,

Tried seeing if there's a thread for Heroes of the Storm.

It's the new MOBA from Blizzard and has heroes from previous Blizzard games - for now there are Heroes from WoW, Diablo and Starcraft. The game is currently in the final stages of Alpha and is pretty polished. More heroes are being added and I anticipate beta invites to be going out in a month or so.

I think HoTS is to other MOBAs as what Hearthstone is to Magic - it reduces a lot of the complexity in order to increase accessibility. And they've tried to rework some of the core concepts. So if you're coming from a LoL\DOTA background, here are the immediate changes you'll see
a) There's no last hitting in the game
b) There is no gold and no items
c) Hero customization is through talents every third level or so. For example, some talents might help you reduce ammo from structures ('Demolitionist') and others might help increase the damage output of your abilities or reduce mana cost. The talents system still needs to be properly balanced as some of them are much better than others - but it works for the most part.
d) XP is shared across the team
e) Everyone on the team get's their ultimates at 10. You can choose between two ultimates.
f) Currently, there are five different maps in the game. I think this will increase in the future.
g) There's more emphasis on map objectives and team work.
h) There isn't an extended laning phase - the action\team-fighting starts very early
i) Also, the games are quick. 20-30 min sounds about average for a game.

Think of this as an arcade MOBA - it's shorter and simpler - probably won't replace your MOBA of choice but something you can play a couple of games at night .

Anyway, if you're playing the game - add me: ooba#1734
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Post by ooba »

In post 1, xRECKONERx wrote:I've been wanting alpha access for MONTHS :(

Check your Battle.Net - some people have the icon pop up there without getting a mail about getting into Alpha. They've been opening up a lot of accounts to Alpha over the last week or so. (Every since they moved the game to the production server)

Rumour mills have been strong about Beta starting soon. People think it will be announced at BlizzCon.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by ooba »

Hey - I forgot to bookmark this thread.

I've added everyone that posted their Bnet IDs.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Post by ooba »

In post 84, Kise wrote:The wall is fine and helpful (THX) but...
I'm still confused on what happened in my particular game.
I remember the Azmodan was also a prick but mostly because he was going death-laser build, and the best cc my team had was probably slows. I played with randoms so I didn't have a chance to recommend disruptive heroes -- btw are they planning to do draft?

Also I checked my history and apparently we lost a 5v4 zzzz I'm trash

Upload your game reply. We might be able to point out strategic mistakes.

Draft is available in team mode and hero mode. You'll need 10 heroes and acc. level 40 to play that though.

Return to “The Arcade”