PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #156 (isolation #0) » Mon May 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by PrivateI »

So, speaking of mentors and the like.

Has anyone considered a Big Brother game. Like 12P, only players with <2 games are permitted, and four "veterans" handpicked as coaches who are assigned players, and win with their player if they win.

#latenightideas
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #189 (isolation #1) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:47 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 182, Espeonage wrote:
In post 156, PrivateI wrote:So, speaking of mentors and the like.

Has anyone considered a Big Brother game. Like 12P, only players with <2 games are permitted, and four "veterans" handpicked as coaches who are assigned players, and win with their player if they win.

#latenightideas

Fair sure Skrew and I are both still newbies but we have more than four games.

I'm not disagreeing. I still consider myself a newbie, for sure, but it's hard to "define" what a newbie is. I hesitate to define it by previous placing, because new players have done quite well in the past. I also hesitate to define it by number of games played, for reasons you've already illustrated.

Narninian wrote:The way other people were talking it was going to be things like "You need to send a large number of private messages early or your likely by the first boot, etc... and other tips" this, while true, would only make it more true and discourage any sort of variation in the game.

I have to disagree here. I don't know that there IS a problem with the meta. I don't know what kind of variation you want, but any kind of artificial limit to private messages simply adds ANOTHER differentiation between these games and the shows they are based on. For example, the instant Survivors step onto the beach in the show, could they make a Final Two alliance? Of course. But often, almost always, alliances are based on who LIKES one another. There's no other way to get actual first impressions in this online format than to simply talk. It is necessary, then, to develop some level of rapport with an individual (and rightfully so) before trust can be "gained".
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #192 (isolation #2) » Wed May 06, 2015 5:18 am

Post by PrivateI »

In post 191, Drench wrote:i mean you absolutely have to admit shit is way diff in non-anon games

Is the meta in non-anon games what we're going for? xD.

I still, as I said, consider myself a newbie on this site, but from what I understand, anonymous games were developed as a direct response to some serious flaws in the non-anon format. One thing you have going in is a level of rapport with certain players. In effect, the "non-game" talk which is so despised has ALREADY HAPPENED between certain players who will likely align. Nothing changes about the inherent necessity to somehow expose oneself, be somewhat vulnerable, at the very least, about what one enjoys, doesn't like, etc. before some level of trust can be gained. It simply moves this "non-game" talk to the pregame, and favors those players who already have built that connection.

I'm not saying that non-anon games are a bad idea, especially in limited quantities, but they certainly aren't answers, by any means.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #208 (isolation #3) » Wed May 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by PrivateI »

In post 206, Klick wrote:
In post 204, Snakes wrote:I wish I had put more effort into working with Crazy. A me, http, swizzle, Cornelius? alliance would have been best in hindsight.

Klick's Pre-Game Predictions wrote:4th: Valley Girl
3rd: HTTP 404
2nd: T-Swizzle
1st: Cornelius

...are you saying this was somewhat realistic? :D

Totes. Corny could have won.

Return to “Social Game Archive”