Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Sat May 02, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I enjoyed the Artsy challenge and I wouldn't mind side challenges like that as long as it doesn't unnecessarily prolong the game.

I felt it was useful as a decent icebreaker going into the following tribe swap.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Sat May 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I enjoyed the game a lot. Thanks for the game!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #2) » Mon May 04, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I feel bad for melting the ice cube, but we never exchanged PM's, even after he learned there was a PM system. I just assumed he flaked. Julie was...not fun to talk to and I did make several attempts before I just decided she was dead to me. I don't mind working with newbies or replacements because we all have to start somewhere, but they never gave me a reason to care. Flumy was awesome. He told me he was new and I didn't like his early attempts at smalltalk, but I felt we were in similar positions early on in the tribe and he always talked to me as though we were allied (even though we never made it official until the Dweebs). He didn't completely trust me (for good reason), but the thought of voting him out never crossed my mind (although he was starting to look more and more like a threat to me as the game went on).

I think a good way to integrate newer players into the PM system or pre-established meta is to include some tips or reminders in acceptance PM's. Something like "be sure to talk to the other players using
the PM system
" or "make sure you've read all the game rules" or "a good first impression can go a long way" or whatever might make their chances of surviving early on a little bit easier for them.

In all the games I've played, I've always had a late start and been in a less than favorable position from the get go. But I think as long as you keep at it and give people a reason to keep you around (whether it be being useful at challenges or slowly getting people to like you), I think it's recoverable. This game is a marathon, and some people's games are bound to eventually drop or show cracks.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (isolation #3) » Mon May 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

It makes me unhappy that there's always this discussion or complaint about preventing pagongings and moderators trying to implement ways to prevent them, but I still find myself eliminating players for it or finding out about them in the post game.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Mon May 04, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't pay attention to a person's experience level.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (isolation #5) » Mon May 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

My two favorite things about the confessionals both came from Reck.
Spoiler:
Frenchie: "Lots of people are saying you're the best player here, how do you feel about that?"
Unicorn: "Just a heads up, lots of people wanted to target you."
Star: "FYI ALERT ALERT YOU ARE A THREAT AND PEOPLE WANT YOU GONE BUT THEY DONT KNOW ABOUT ME"
Dave: "Yeah man people want you gone but we can do this"
Wayne: "OMG PLEASE WORK WITH ME I AM SO SCARED AND ALONE HELP YOU'RE MY CLOSEST ALLY" (like fucking really?)
Illuminati: "hey bro whats up hows your day
"

Spoiler:
So I tell the Nerds that, which brings them together behind me, but not directly behind me, as they don't really know I'm pulling the strings on all this. And then I mention it to Wayne & Dave & Star, and all three are like, "WTF fuck that shit fuck pagongs" and I'm like YEAH. I may have exaggerated the pagong thing JUST a smidge but like...
this game has proven that anyone who tries to vote along tribal lines/pagong lines ends up fucked
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (isolation #6) » Mon May 04, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

It's not like there's some secret formula to winning.

Super In-Depth Newbie Strategy Guide
Spoiler:
PM people. Don't suck. PM more people.

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU MADE IT TO THE FIRST TRIBE SWAP!
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (isolation #7) » Mon May 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

^I'm probably looking down on the whole social aspect a bit, but that's how all my games have felt to me.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Mon May 04, 2015 8:14 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I may be misreading it, but I think he means each coach is just handed 3 players to spectate and guide. It's probably not a very good comparison, but I'm picturing their roles similar to the coaches on The Voice.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (isolation #9) » Tue May 05, 2015 6:27 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 160, Narninian wrote:Also if serious I hate you.

It was a joke. There's more to it than just PM'ing people.

My experiences with the early game and getting to the midgame have been pretty similar to what Cheery described above. Basically, show that I'm competent but not dangerous and take the easy boots until someone else screws up their game.

Return to “Social Game Archive”