Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by millar13 »

In post 249, RedCoyote wrote:Whom

its been a long time partner.
at the moment dcl or anyone that you can drop a #norealreason afterwards
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:17 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

@Mod
I will be v/la Monday til Thursady (11th to 14th).
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:41 am

Post by enomis »

O̲ppa̲ (っ-̶●̃益●̶̃)っ ,︵‿ S̲t̲yl̲e̲
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 4:50 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Bump
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 6:00 am

Post by pablito »

VOTE: unvote

Wanderer's post about vengeful mafia is making me think again.

@CB
I am really liking nachomamma's stint as gun bearer so far. I wish nacho can be in the game the entire time but we know this is impossible. But at the same time a town should never put the entire game on the hands of one person. as such we all need to contribute in good ways. So CB try to emulate what you like about nachomamma and do the same then we can rely on you later in the game too. Because this game is really about finding vengeful. Nacho getting one and dying is a good sacrifice.

I'm liking julien so far.
Sup, later.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 10:39 am

Post by RedCoyote »

You know, I just realized we can't vote, lol. I also just realized Nacho is the gunbearer so my sounds slimier than I knew, hah.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by Heartless »

I've read and caught up. I have scum reads on wanderer and West9, slight scum reads on Perpetual Nonsense and Lucky2u, and town reads on vonflare and DCL.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
CB
CB
Goon
CB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Post by CB »

So I originally didn't really understand how this setup worked so I need to reevaluate. Since Mafia goons survival do not count towards mafia's win condition expect a lot busting for town credit this game.

Also I now think Vonflare is unlikely to be the vengeful goon here. I think vengeful goons will probably play more cautiously here since their survival is the utmost importance and I don't think they would be the first one to come out with a read list on every single player in the game. That would be just be getting the unnecessary attention of every player.

Also right now I think Wanderer is town here. I like her lack of response to the pressure put on her like she didn't even care. I feel like town here doesn't care as much if they get shot since they don't die and they just become the new gunbearer. I dislike Flubber for similar reasons since he appears really defensive when being pressured. I understand the pressure against him is pretty weak and getting shot as town is against town's win condition but I still find it hard to get worked up over.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 256, Heartless wrote:I've read and caught up. I have scum reads on wanderer and West9, slight scum reads on Perpetual Nonsense and Lucky2u, and town reads on vonflare and DCL.

wanderer is very articulate and her theory posts hit all the right notes, which is why I'm surprised her actual scum reads (DCL and vonflare) are so
bleh
, bland, and unremarkable. It's particularly bothersome that the reasons for the vonflare vote were sub par even by early-game standards, her scumhunting is also very limited in scope to just two people who happened to draw quite a bit of attention at the time, and her reads track suspiciously closely with nacho's reads.

On my first read-through I thought was an attempt to
look
participative without actually contribute anything (and I have a feeling that's why Antihero's scum reading him), but looking at all of West9's posts stacked in a row, it fits in with a general theme of "try to catch someone in a contradiction: Phoenix Wright GOTCHA' style." I think I spoke too soon on that one.

Perpetual Nonsense I don't have anything really solid on. Posting a lot and
then
asking for the shot () felt off and so did his response to CB's opener (). I hardly thought CB's post was remarkable, and "seems you already want to." doesn't seem appropriate. Same goes for lucky; it's mostly intuition. He leaned a little too hard on CB's "the game is moving fast sentiment." () It felt a little weird.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by Wanderer-nl »

I like this post from CB, or his theory at least. I'm not sensitive to being called 'town' in a way that it makes me townread that person, but I like he was able to explain his thoughts clearly. I think it's a good idea to post a lot of thoughts about theories, and also try to decide what would be the most likely situation. Speculation about these things can give us info after flips. It's basically all we have without lynching, nightkills and PR's.
We need to force scum to be active, it would suck if we'd have to shoot a lurker and they turn out to be town, become GB, and then be of little use because they're not invested. Lurkers are extra dangerous this game.
I'll dig into some iso's later, first need sleep.

PEdit:
@Heartless, I'm trying to figure out how to play this game and I don't even know how to respond further without blatantly dropping towntells.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by Heartless »

totally not tth's issue. she has a problem with your reads. not... whatever you're talking about something about figuring out how to play the game.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by millar13 »

was going to say something interesting about wanderer-nl, but Heartless' avi distracted me. i thought it was Zubat lol
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
CB
CB
Goon
CB
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by CB »

In post 259, Wanderer-nl wrote:
@Heartless, I'm trying to figure out how to play this game and I don't even know how to respond further without
blatantly dropping towntells.

What do you mean by that?
MaxwellPuckett
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
MaxwellPuckett
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by MaxwellPuckett »

I like CB's posts so far. Good town feelings from them.

Heartless' active scumhunting is also promising.

Enomis' shitposting was endearing but now I'm kinda yawning at it. I don't think it's scummy but I don't like it in general.

I think my only proper scumread at the moment is RedCoyote.

This game is interesting in that shooting mafia does not actually advance our win condition. It only does if we hit vengeful. But shooting town is bad, obviously, and there's a time limit. So the normal mafia are there as safe hits. I think this means the normal mafia will play less carefully, as CB said. I think the vengefuls will avoid risky posts. Of course me saying this might change all that, I don't know. If there are any actual differences between the playstyle of the different kinds of mafia, they will be very slight. I DO think this will matter endgame, though, just maybe not as much now, with so many players to sift through. For now, finding a safe shot for nacho is priority. (I'd count vengefuls as a safe shot of course)
One man's trash talk is another man's treasure talk.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

We have been busy this weekend...
Will reread and look at 17 different players. That's what's up.
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 5:22 pm

All alone on the edge of seventeen

Later
There is only Us
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

deep-city-lights & Jeanne11 have been prodded
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

Hi everyone. Sorry.
deep-city-lights
deep-city-lights
Goon
deep-city-lights
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by deep-city-lights »

I have limited access right now and will be back tomorrow or Wednesday. Sorry for the trouble.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 12:44 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 254, pablito wrote:Wanderer's post about vengeful mafia is making me think again.

In post 224, Wanderer-nl wrote:@Pablito: I think goons would encourage vengeful to be shot because it kills town in the process. So there won't be as much resistance to a vengeful being shot than if a plain goon was in danger of being shot. Honestly, I don't really know, it also depends on how scum intend to play this game. Without them having a NK, it will be harder to sort things out.

This was the post that changed your mind? Why? What other suspicions do you have?

In post 257, CB wrote:Also I now think Vonflare is unlikely to be the vengeful goon here. I think vengeful goons will probably play more cautiously here since their survival is the utmost importance and I don't think they would be the first one to come out with a read list on every single player in the game. That would be just be getting the unnecessary attention of every player.

Would it change your thinking at all if I pointed out that Mafia have the same win condition we do and were probably just as confused as we were until recently?

In post 257, CB wrote:I dislike Flubber for similar reasons since he appears really defensive when being pressured. I understand the pressure against him is pretty weak and getting shot as town is against town's win condition but I still find it hard to get worked up over.

I didn't find his frustration particularly unreasonable. The specific point where Flubber gets frustrated in thread is where he is responding to pressure against him for the twitter post, which is sort of a ridiculous thing to be attacked for in the first place and thus the frustration regarding it seems justified regardless of alignment.

Of things that Flubber has done, I rather liked his pressure on Vonflare in 187, and I like his vote on Perpetual Nonsense (who I currently am scumreading). It isn't exactly enough for a townread on him, but it's enough to take him out of the shortlist I have three days into the game.

In post 258, Heartless wrote:On my first read-through I thought Post 171 was an attempt to look participative without actually contribute anything (and I have a feeling that's why Antihero's scum reading him), but looking at all of West9's posts stacked in a row, it fits in with a general theme of "try to catch someone in a contradiction: Phoenix Wright GOTCHA' style." I think I spoke too soon on that one.

Perpetual Nonsense I don't have anything really solid on. Posting a lot and then asking for the shot (Post 163) felt off and so did his response to CB's opener (Post 164). I hardly thought CB's post was remarkable, and "seems you already want to." doesn't seem appropriate. Same goes for lucky; it's mostly intuition. He leaned a little too hard on CB's "the game is moving fast sentiment." (Post 241) It felt a little weird.

I agree with both of these reads. With regards to Bert, he's much much more unfiltered as town and he is as scum and usually has a very easy interaction with me. I find it suspicious he's had no reaction whatsoever to me being gunbearer (or had no reaction to me at all, considering how close we used to be in mafia games and how long it's been since we've played together), and I find it suspicious he's already stuck in a reread loop despite the game moving pretty slowly.

In post 263, MaxwellPuckett wrote:Enomis' shitposting was endearing but now I'm kinda yawning at it. I don't think it's scummy but I don't like it in general.

The interesting point about enomis is his discussion of the mafia win condition in thread. If I were in his position, I think I'd be much more likely to discuss how to hell I actually win the game in my mafia PT or in a private conversation with ArcAngel as opposed to in the thread where everyone could see: it's something that there's very clear mafia motivation for and it's also something that can draw a lot of attention, which is something that can be pretty incredibly dangerous for scum in a popcorn game.

I agree with your other reads.

Separate post for wanderer oncoming.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 12:59 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 262, CB wrote:
In post 259, Wanderer-nl wrote:
@Heartless, I'm trying to figure out how to play this game and I don't even know how to respond further without
blatantly dropping towntells.

What do you mean by that?

That I wanted to respond and typed several things all of which were towntells and in an earlier game I was called out on dropping towntells so I'm careful in doing that now.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 1:13 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 258, Heartless wrote:wanderer is very articulate and her theory posts hit all the right notes, which is why I'm surprised her actual scum reads (DCL and vonflare) are so bleh, bland, and unremarkable. It's particularly bothersome that the reasons for the vonflare vote were sub par even by early-game standards, her scumhunting is also very limited in scope to just two people who happened to draw quite a bit of attention at the time, and her reads track suspiciously closely with nacho's reads.

I agree that Wanderer is articulate and generally has a good grasp of theory, but she has been playing on site for less than two months so I'm guessing that a bit of leniency is warranted. I disagree that her reads are "bleh" for early-game standards, they seem pretty par for the course although I don't like that her focus has been limited to popular targets.

But then there's things like this:
In post 172, Wanderer-nl wrote:I like this for town. Also, it made me smile.

In post 224, Wanderer-nl wrote:It's funny Vonflare is townreading me for it. Guess I did get something out of my vote.

In post 239, Wanderer-nl wrote:Yeah so I was just thinking that it's actually kind of weird Vonflare declared me town because he could have easily painted me scum, but that doesn't really matter in this setup.
In post 259, Wanderer-nl wrote:@Heartless, I'm trying to figure out how to play this game and I don't even know how to respond further without blatantly dropping towntells.

Which while they don't necessarily have a lot of logic supporting this feeling (although the last quote would be a pretty brazen play from new-scum in a game like this), still feels good to me and still makes me not wanna shoot the slot.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 2:34 am

Post by enomis »

So town is still:
(=ↀωↀ=)
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

if you all can figure out who is it.

No scumreads atm.

In post 263, MaxwellPuckett wrote:
I think my only proper scumread at the moment is RedCoyote.

@Maxwell,
Why?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 5:28 am

In post 258, Heartless wrote:
Perpetual Nonsense I don't have anything really solid on. Posting a lot and
then
asking for the shot () felt off and so did his response to CB's opener (). I hardly thought CB's post was remarkable, and "seems you already want to." doesn't seem appropriate. Same goes for lucky; it's mostly intuition. He leaned a little too hard on CB's "the game is moving fast sentiment." () It felt a little weird.

I vegged out since the game started :twisted: I like that you didn't overexplain your read on me though. You seem more settled down now, and more importantly not lurking.

In post 169, CB wrote:I don't want to OMGUS him

Where be CB's aura of towniness, then?

In post 167, Nachomamma8 wrote:Hey Berty!
Does this post mean you're scum reading CB?

nope I'm inviting him to gain scumcred by saying natural things that come naturally to scum
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2015 5:35 am

In post 240, Flubbernugget wrote:Okay it's really sad that this keeps coming up but maybe this will shut people up

I saw what I saw on twitter and wanted to tell a friend about it, so I wrote the message to them. Then I opened my browser, but decided I wanted to tell someone else. Have you seen the fb messenger on mobile? It sits on top of whatever you're doing. My hair was wet, and while I was copying the message, and it dripped on my phone which fucked with the touch screen and pasted the message in the textbox, at which point I accidentally hit submit.

It's a one in a million chance of happening, but it still makes more sense than the most recent conspiracy theory I've seen over it

that's great
10/10 would rec again

nah but random thought - you and victordeangelo, from past games i think your styles and pace are somewhat similar and so it would get your thoughts and his flowing if you spoke fearlessly to each other. maybe. i think that sounds creepy but you know what i mean. plus victor is brick-wall hard to read and because of that is a good candidate to bounce thoughts off
There is only Us

Return to “Completed Open Games”