- To join a game, type "/in to play" or something along those lines and you'll be placed in the game that has been taking signups the longest. If there are multiple games taking signups at once, you may specify which game you'd like to play in, like so: "/in for Open 691"
- There is no experience requirement to sign up for an Open Game. However, playing through a Newbie Game first is recommended.
- There is no overarching policy dictating how many games you can play at once, but please consider your availability when signing up for multiple games. Games can last upwards of months, so it's important not to overcommit yourself.
- To sign up to moderate an Open Game, you must have been active on the site for at least three months, and have completed at least one Mafia Game as a player.
- To sign up as a moderator, please type "/in to mod" or something along those lines and you'll be added to the moderator queue.
- Potential moderators can only be in a single modding queue (Open Game, Mini Normal, Mini Theme) at a time. Moderators must wait until the game they're running has completed before joining a queue again.
- First time moderators will be offered a handful of Approved Open Setups to choose from to run as their first game. I pick setups based on the last time they were run and their popularity to ensure we don't have the same setups running over and over again, but also to feature enough of the setups players want to see.
- Experienced mods (At least one game completed as a mod) may select from a wider range of setups on the catalogue or design and run a brand new setup.
- If a mod wants to run their own setup it needs to be approved by myself to ensure it's balanced/not broken. These reviews occur in the Open Setups Review thread.
- New setups that are successful may be added to the approved catalogue for rotation on a regular basis.
- If you do not respond to my contact about what setup you will run within four days, you will be removed for the list.
- If you do not start your game within 72 of it being filled, you will forfeit your spot as the mod of the game.
- All flavour for Open Games must be public and entirely original. Flavour based on any source material are considered Theme Games.
- All possible role PM's for the game must be listed in the opening post somewhere.
- Flavour is permitted within role PM's to a degree. It must, however, not change the title of particular roles (Vanilla Townies must be called Vanilla Townies and not "Ghostbusters" etc.) and duplicate roles must have the same role PM.
- Do you have a great idea for an Open Setup? Post it in the Open Setup Ideas and Discussion thread. There are a lot of members who will review your idea, and if it's well received you may run it yourself if you're an experienced mod or possibly someone else will on your behalf.
- I will regularly update this thread during the week, with updated signup lists being posted in the following post as well as a new post.
- If you have a question about the Queue or Open Games in general, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.
- Wiki Page for Approved Open Setups - This is the collection of approved setups that get run regularly in this queue.
- Open Setup Ideas and Discussion thread - A thread in Mafia Discussion where you can propose new setup ideas and read others.
- Open Setup Review thread - Once an idea snowballs and a mod has intent to run a particular setup, it can seek official approval to be run in this thread.
- Archive of Open Games - This is the history of all previous Open Games run in Central Park.
- The previous Open Game List thread - This is the previous signup thread for Open Games.