Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #505 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

/in for Xenoblade Mafia.
/in for Calvin and Hobbes.

I like both of these things.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #780 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

VARSOON MAFIA

A 13 PLAYER EVENT

6 PREINS WELCOME

HYDRAS ALLOWED

TOTALLY BASTARD

TOTALLY VARSOON

ALSO FEATURING:

Great Quotes by Varsoon, Greater Quotes about Varsoon,
Bastard Roles by Varsoon, Legit Wincons by Varsoon,
All Flavor by Varsoon, Modding by Varsoon,
Pizza via Varsoon, Varsoon will be there,
Minitheme by Varsoon, Varsoon,
Varsoon, Varsoon, Varsoon.
Varsoon-Varsoon Approved,
Varsoon Recommended.
VOTE: Varsoon

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #844 (isolation #2) » Sat May 16, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #854 (isolation #3) » Thu May 28, 2015 3:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

SPACEImageDANDY MAFIA

A 13 PLAYER MINI THEME

TOTALLY BASTARD, TOTALLY DANDY, BABY~
NOW ACCEPTING PRE-INS <3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #865 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Steven Universe Large Theme now in signups! Fight bad guys and go out for pizzas today!!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #876 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Varsoon »

SPACEImageDANDY MAFIA

A 13 PLAYER MINI THEME

TOTALLY BASTARD, TOTALLY DANDY, BABY~
NOW IN SIGNUPS! <3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #888 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Suikoden U-Pick, featuring 13 players and non-bastard setup!
Any Suikoden character from any Suikoden game is up for grabs!
Pick three candidates from any of the 108 Stars of Destiny!
Currently accepting Pre-Ins~
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #934 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

It's a 13 Player Mini-Theme that will determine the fate of Earth!

Choose your alignment! Fight for what you believe in and crush your enemies!
Choose your character! Ally and Fuse for unimaginable power!
Pre-ins are now full, but if you PM me I can let you know when the game hits sign-up time!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #946 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

ARE YOU READY FOR THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME?
JOIN SAGA FRONTIER MAFIA AND PREPARE TO EXPERIENCE;

Going on epic quests, learning new techniques, deciding who the main character should be,
a 21 player extravaganza, Varsoon-tier flavor about a game no one has played, combos,
plundering gold and booty, some pretty cool artwork, a design that can never be balanced,
a setup that is not 'technically' bastard, lizards with impaired brain functions, legendary swords,
legendary S words, I will buy a copy of the game for someone maybe, nonsense, music,
love, strife, and what should be probably a pretty good time.
Will you be the best fighting automaton? Join today!
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=64807
Last edited by Varsoon on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #953 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Varsoon »

18 Players, Non-bastard, Special Mechanics. You're gonna have a bad time.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #966 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

So I finally decided on my next game:

20 players, Varsoon-tier flavor and mechanics sure to entertain you, Non-Bastard, Pre-ins welcome.

I had to reupload on Dailymotion because Youtube doesn't care about my copyright rights.
Click the question mark for the video reveal!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #968 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

SPACE DANDY MAFIA II'S PRE-INS ARE FULL (13/13)

WHAT IS A 'SPACE DANDY'?
Spoiler:
Space Dandy: he's a dandy guy in space. He combs the galaxy like his pompadour, on the hunt for aliens. Planet after planet he searches, discovering bizarre new creatures both friendly and not. These are the spectacular adventures of Space Dandy and his brave space crew in space.

Space Dandy is a 2014 animated series that featured most of the working staff of cult classic, Cowboy Bebop. Funimation, in partnership the studio Bones, aired Space Dandy in America before the Japanese airing of episodes--Space Dandy was an integral part of the relaunched Toonami block on Cartoon Network. Every episode of Space Dandy is a self-contained adventure that is animated by its own storyboarder, leading the show to be a veritable showcase of different animation styles. Both seasons of Space Dandy may be streamed, for free, from Funimation's official site.

The goal of this Mafia game is to reproduce the bombastic adventures of the show and render its various core elements into Mafia mechanics. I have already run a Space Dandy game before; the reason I am retreading the same material is out of passion for the source material as well as desire to test mechanics that work as a more flavorful 'fit' to Space Dandy than any other theme I was considering running. I am also testing some very special public mechanics that are designed to alleviate the usual problems that plague large games such as rampant lurking, decline in interest after Day 1, and heavy swing. This game will require its players to consider several avenues of play based on both private and public mechanics. Notably, this game has far less 'moving parts' than previous games of mine; this is no SaGa Frontier Mafia. That said, there are some aspects of the setup that are very experimental and skirt the line of what may be considered Bastard. My focus in this game was primarily on creating a set of public mechanics that drove player interest rather than singular, private roles. I hope that you will enjoy playing and reading Space Dandy Mafia II. Space Dandy is one of my favorite pieces of entertainment--I love Space Dandy and I love MafiaScum; I hope to share my passion for both through this game.

WHAT IS A 'VARSOON GAME'? WHAT SORT OF GAME SHOULD I EXPECT HERE?
Spoiler:
Space Dandy Mafia II will be a 20 player Large Theme game played in the form of two smaller, 10 player games.

As a moderator with a deep passion for rhetoric, expect a game with mechanics that will always supplement the rhetoric of the game rather than the usual sort of roles that are supplemented by rhetoric. My games are typical Role Madness games--I like to give every player some sort of unique 'something' to play with in tandem with the actual game. I try to include very engaging public mechanics in order to retain player interest, which can be a difficult thing to do in the Large games that I like to run.

'Varsoon Games' are typically characterized by heavy flavor, high quality moderation, and unpredictable yet satisfying mechanics. I am very cognizant of my moderator meta and I constantly keep even seasoned fans on their toes. I have achieved a Master's Degree in writing Fiction; I enjoy writing involved flavor that reflects the sensibilities of players and the game state while not revealing anything that would give a mechanical advantage. I also take Mafia very seriously; I spend over 8 hours a day with access to the site, always with a tab open, refreshing my games, re-reading them, and so on--even when I worked full time and went to college, I accomplished this endeavor. For me, Mafia is a labor of love and a full-time job. I want to deliver the quality experience that I came to love on this site. My games, hopefully, represent that.

As far as moderation goes, I see online Mafia moderation the same way I do moderating a face-to-face game with my friends. I am here to ensure all of my friends and guests have a fun time playing a game we all enjoy. That said, Mafia does get intense. Mafia is psychological. Mafia can feature very aggressive rhetoric. We lynch people here. I love those aspects of the game, and I want them to be in a game, although they will always run risk of ruining the experience for some players. I am far less draconic in my moderation than other moderators. I will always err on the side of the player. That said, I have no patience for players who do break the rules. Do not play my game if you are habitually in trouble with moderators and other players. I'll do everything I can to keep you in-game and having a fun time, but if you cross the line and it's clear you intentionally broke a rule, I will have no mercy in my judgment.

I do not enforce Blacklists, Wisdom of the Crowds, Wisdom of the One, or any similar requests to prohibit players from playing. The only players not welcome in my games are banned players. Do not ask me to prohibit a player from joining for personal reasons; I will never do so unless they currently have a ban or restriction. Everyone is welcome at my table. If you have a personal problem with a player, come to a happy agreement with them before creating drama in my signup thread or in my game. If you absolutely can't play with someone else, do not sign up for a game of mine if they are in the player list. If you do, I will allow you in, but don't think I'm going to shunt the other player because of your personal issues. I want everyone to get together and have fun here. I fully support even bitter rivals playing at the same table and learning to overcome their own differences in order to have fun with something we all enjoy.

PUBLIC MECHANICS MAKING A DEBUT IN SPACE DANDY II:

HEY EVERETT, WHAT AM I LIKE IN YOUR WORLD?
Spoiler:
Space Dandy Mafia II is a 20 player game that will be played across two separate, private threads.
10 Players will begin the game in each 'Dimension', which will be private game threads.
Players may only vote for and submit actions (under most circumstances) for the players in their current Dimension.
There will also be a public game thread, but it will always be locked.
If a lynch happens in either Dimension, both Dimensions are locked and night phase begins.
Between these two Dimensions, the scum team will only be able to commit a single kill at night.
The Public Game Thread will be where all death flips and other public events are recorded and where players can see who, on the playerlist, is in each Dimension.
Players will have mechanical abilities to transfer themselves from one dimension to another. Transferring dimensions ALWAYS resolves last in NAR.

YOU KNOW, IT WOULD BE FASTER JUST TO FLY.
Spoiler:
The game will begin with a 21st player slot filled by a Neutral player representing the Dandy Crew's Aloha Oe space ship.
However, the Aloha Oe can sometimes break down and be in need of repairs; this will change the functionality of its various abilities.
Every day, a player is elected to be the new Captain of the Aloha Oe by popular vote--the Captain chooses a crew between 2 and 4 members.
In the case that a popular verdict is not reached, there is no mutiny and the previous Captain becomes the next 'elected' Captain.
The current Captain and Crew of the Aloha Oe is always public information.
The elected Captain is protected from kills during the night following the day phase that he is elected.
The game will begin with a preset Captain and Crew, but a new Captain can be elected each day.
Aloha Oe will grant a neighborhood to all Crew of the Aloha Oe regardless of it it needs repairs.
Aloha Oe's Captain will gain specific abilities that only he will know about--these abilities are tied to the Aloha Oe itself, with some abilities that are standard to all Captains and many others that are unique per player.
Aloha Oe's Captain may have the Aloha Oe use an ability to change dimensions during either Day or Night, so long as it does not need repairs.
Unlike transferring Dimensions with a role-related ability, transferring Dimensions with the Aloha Oe happens right before Kills resolve in NAR, so an elusive crew could skip Dimensions to avoid being killed!
However, if the Aloha Oe is targeted by a kill, the Aloha Oe will need repairs after crashing into the new Dimension.
Keep in mind that having Aloha Oe travel at night does render it capable of being interrupted by any other actions that could stop it!
Aloha Oe will perform a SENSOR scan for how many scum are in a dimension at the start of each day, so long as it does not need repairs--this gets reported to every member of the Aloha Oe Crew.
Aloha Oe can be lynched or killed, which will cause it to spend the next two phases 'repairing' itself. A lynched Aloha Oe is not functional during the night of its lynch and the following day. A killed Aloha Oe is not functional during the day after the kill and following night.

CURRENT PRE-INS
Spoiler:
Elbirn
Xtoxm
Alchemist21
Klingoncelt
Do A Barrel Roll (hiplop & 3dicerolling)
Sensei
Skybird
Titus
Reasonably Rational (Drixx & Cerberus v666)
jeanne11
Xkfyu
(GaleWingSrock and Sir Cakes hydra)
Firebringer
Last edited by Varsoon on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #990 (isolation #12) » Tue May 17, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Varsoon »

WHAT IS 'BLOODBORNE'?
Spoiler:
Hunt your Nightmares. Face your fears in this ancient city where danger, death, and madness lurk around every corner, and uncover the city's darkest secrets in order to survive.

Bloodborne is a 2015 action-adventure video game for the Playstation 4 entertainment system. In Bloodborne, the player arrives in Yharnam, home of blood healing, in order to receive treatment. However, the player soon realizes that Yharnam is overrun with beasts and, even worse, they are trapped in a reality called "The Hunter's Dream." So long as the player is trapped in this dream, they do not die, but they also will never be free of the hunt and the beasts of Yharnam. Bloodborne is a spiritual sequel to FROMSoftware's previous titles, Demons' Souls and Dark Souls, and while it takes several thematic and gameplay queues from these games, it stands alone as the company's magnum opus. Bloodborne is a darkly enchanting adventure through the beautifully rendered gothic streets of Yharnam, a city that has fallen to the madness of men and beasts alike.

The goal of this Mafia game is to reproduce the tragic struggle and overwhelming tension of Bloodborne and render its various core elements into Mafia mechanics. I will be incorporating both public and private mechanics that may be very reminiscent of previous games I have modded, which largely served as a testing grounds for those mechanics. Furthermore, this game may be the most mechanically overwhelming of any game I have run so far--a pre-game phase will be featured that will serve the main purpose of helping players become familiar with their roles as well as the various public mechanics. This game will require its players to consider several avenues of play based on both private and public mechanics. Due to the overwhelming 'moving parts' of this setup, it may be hard to ever truly evaluate it for balance, although I believe we have managed to produce a very mechanically sound game. My focus in this game was primarily on creating a set of both private and public mechanics that drove player interest rather than singular, private roles. I hope that you will enjoy playing and reading Bloodborne Mafia. Bloodborne is one of my favorite video games of all time--I love Bloodborne and I love MafiaScum; I hope to share my passion for both through this game.

Spoiler:
Bloodborne Mafia will be a 21 player Large Theme with very a large amount of public and private game mechanics, complete with substantial flavor compared to previous games that I have run.

As a moderator with a deep passion for rhetoric, expect a game with mechanics that will always supplement the rhetoric of the game rather than the usual sort of roles that are supplemented by rhetoric. My games are typical Role Madness games--I like to give every player some sort of unique 'something' to play with in tandem with the actual game. I try to include very engaging public mechanics in order to retain player interest, which can be a difficult thing to do in the Large games that I like to run.

'Varsoon Games' are typically characterized by heavy flavor, high quality moderation, and unpredictable yet satisfying mechanics. I am very cognizant of my moderator meta and I constantly keep even seasoned fans on their toes. I have achieved a Master's Degree in writing Fiction; I enjoy writing involved flavor that reflects the sensibilities of players and the game state while not revealing anything that would give a mechanical advantage. I also take Mafia very seriously; I spend over 8 hours a day with access to the site, always with a tab open, refreshing my games, re-reading them, and so on--even when I worked full time and went to college, I accomplished this endeavor. For me, Mafia is a labor of love and a full-time job. I want to deliver the quality experience that I came to love on this site. My games, hopefully, represent that.

As far as moderation goes, I see online Mafia moderation the same way I do moderating a face-to-face game with my friends. I am here to ensure all of my friends and guests have a fun time playing a game we all enjoy. That said, Mafia does get intense. Mafia is psychological. Mafia can feature very aggressive rhetoric. We lynch people here. I love those aspects of the game, and I want them to be in a game, although they will always run risk of ruining the experience for some players. I am far less draconic in my moderation than other moderators. I will always err on the side of the player. That said, I have no patience for players who do break the rules. Do not play my game if you are habitually in trouble with moderators and other players. I'll do everything I can to keep you in-game and having a fun time, but if you cross the line and it's clear you intentionally broke a rule, I will have no mercy in my judgment.

I do not enforce Blacklists, Wisdom of the Crowds, Wisdom of the One, or any similar requests to prohibit players from playing. The only players not welcome in my games are banned players. Do not ask me to prohibit a player from joining for personal reasons; I will never do so unless they currently have a ban or restriction. Everyone is welcome at my table. If you have a personal problem with a player, come to a happy agreement with them before creating drama in my signup thread or in my game. If you absolutely can't play with someone else, do not sign up for a game of mine if they are in the player list. If you do, I will allow you in, but don't think I'm going to shunt the other player because of your personal issues. I want everyone to get together and have fun here. I fully support even bitter rivals playing at the same table and learning to overcome their own differences in order to have fun with something we all enjoy.

PUBLIC MECHANICS MAKING A DEBUT IN BLOODBORNE MAFIA:

JUST GO OUT AND KILL A FEW BEASTS. IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.
Spoiler:
Several of the unique mechanics in Bloodborne Mafia will refer to a player being 'Slain'.
Any successfully resolved kill or a lynch will result in a player being 'Slain'--this does not necessarily mean that the player is dead, merely that the kill or lynch was successful. In most cases, Slain players will remain dead.
All players that were on a wagon that led to a player being 'Slain' and all players that submitted a kill against a player the night that the player is killed will be rewarded as if they have 'Slain' a player.

OVER TIME, COUNTLESS HUNTERS HAVE VISITED THIS DREAM.
Spoiler:
This game will feature several Private Topics that will be referred to as 'NIGHTMARE PTs'.
Every Nightmare PT will have a 'Host' player that can always view the PT and will be capable of inviting new players.
The Host of the Nightmare PT will be private information and the Host themselves may not post in their Nightmare PT unless they invite themselves to it.
Nightmare PTs MUST contain the Host as an invited target if they ever exceed 3 members.
Nightmare PTs may have events that are triggered by the Host of those Nightmares.
Nightmare PTs persist after the Host is slain.
Nightmare PTs allow dead members to continue to communicate after death.
Nightmare PTs all allow for NIGHTMARE EVENTS that are flavor-heavy actions that will affect all members of their respective Nightmare PT.
NIGHTMARE EVENTS may only happen once unless specified otherwise.
NIGHTMARE EVENTS must be triggered during the day phase preceding the Night that they will take place--they will often count as the submitted Night Action for that Night as well. In this way, a triggered NIGHTMARE EVENT will always happen even if the appropriate Host is slain on the day that the event is triggered.
Players may only ever be a member of any single Nightmare PT.
If a player is already a member of a Nightmare PT and is invited to another, the invitation will fail.
If a Host is already a member of a Nightmare PT other than their own, then they may still invite themselves to their own Nightmare PT.
If a Host is a member of their own Nightmare PT, invitations to join other Nightmare PTs will fail.

THE MESSENGERS FIND HUNTERS LIKE YOURSELF, WORSHIP, AND SERVE THEM.
Spoiler:
During the Night Phase, every single player has the ability to privately send a single, anonymous message to another target player.
You may indicate your identity in these messages or even lie about your identity--I will be the one delivering the message, though.
This ability may be used in addition to any other abilities used and may not be affected by any other abilities in the game.
There is no dead thread in Bloodborne Mafia.
Even if a player is dead, they may still send these messages, even from the grave.

THE FIRST HUNTER OF THE HEALING CHURCH ONCE RECRUITED YHARNAMITES TO SERVE AS HUNTERS.

Spoiler:
The game will begin with a predetermined 'Master of the Hunt'.
During each day phase, all players in the game may vote for a player to be the next 'Master of the Hunt'.
Any mechanic that affects voting does not affect voting towards electing the next 'Master of the Hunt'.
In order to submit a vote for the next Master of the Hunt, use the bolded tag [HUNTMASTER VOTE: Player Name].
Whenever the day phase ends, whichever player has the most votes will be the next Master of the Hunt.
In the case of a tie, the previous Master of the Hunt will remain Master of the Hunt.
Being Master of the Hunt confers a handful of mechanical benefits:
Unlike the Adventure Mechanic in my previous game, being Master of the Hunt confers absolutely no protective bonuses.
The game is balanced around the Master of the Hunt being a high-priority target.
During the Night that he is elected, the Master of the Hunt may select a Chalice Dungeon to investigate.
During the Night that he is elected, the Master of the Hunt may select up to three other players to join him in investigating the Chalice Dungeon.
The Master of the Hunt may choose no players to join him, but doing so may render him unable to defeat the Chalice Dungeon.
The Master of the Hunt may choose to pursue no Chalice Dungeon at all--he may still rally a party regardless.
The Hunter's Party, the chosen Chalice Ritual, and the Master of the Hunt will always be public information.
The Hunter's Party and the Master of the Hunt will be granted a private topic to chat in during all game phases.
This private topic will be locked if any member of the Hunter's Party changes.
This private topic will be locked if Master of the Hunt dies or changes.

IF THE BEASTS LOOM LARGE, AND THREATEN TO CRUSH YOUR SPIRITS, SEEK THE HOLY CHALICE.
Spoiler:
Chalice Dungeons are ancient tombs that the Master of the Hunt and his Hunting Party may investigate.
Chalice Dungeons all have a depth rating; the higher the Depth Rating, the more dangerous and rewarding the Dungeon.
Chalice Dungeons may only be successfully cleared a single time. A failed Chalice Dungeon may be revisited, however.
During the Night after The Hunter's Party has been selected, the Master of the Hunt and all members of the Hunter's Party will enter the chosen Chalice Dungeon.
The Hunter's Party will be assigned a 'LineUp' with the Master of the Hunt in the 'front' and the other players proceeding in an order chosen by the Master of the Hunt.
Certain events in the Chalice Dungeons will affect different members of the LineUp.
The Chalice Dungeon will feature role-play heavy events, complete with a boss encounter.
The events in the Chalice Dungeons will always happen regardless of the role-play flavor.
The events in the Chalice Dungeons will always be detrimental to the players involved.
The Master of the Hunt may always 'back out' when faced with the detrimental effects of the Events or Bosses.
Every Chalice Dungeon will culminate in a Boss encounter.
If all of the players involved can muster enough votes, they will slay the boss.
Slaying a boss will reward all involved players adequately.
The Master of the Hunt will always receive a more potent reward.
If the boss is not slain, all players are simply given a lesser reward.
If the boss is slain, a new Chalice Dungeon will appear with more difficult challenges and more rewarding payouts.

MAKING CONTACT WITH ELDRITCH WISDOM IS A BLESSING.
Spoiler:
Throughout the game, players may earn a resource called 'Insight'.
Town-aligned players will earn Insight from slaying scum players.
Scum-aligned players will have a different, hidden means of earning Insight.
All players may earn Insight from various events in the game.
Insight may be spent to purchase a large variety of both public and private rewards, ranging from one-shot powers to permanent passive abilities.
Insight is spent privately, during any phase of the game, so long as the player has enough Insight to purchase what they want.
A player may also simply hold onto their Insight, effectively 'banking' it.
Depending on how much Insight is banked, a player will have access to a number of public mechanics.
There will also be several detrimental mechanics designed to punish those who bank their Insight.

THE DISCOVERY OF BLOOD ENTAILED THE DISCOVERY OF UNDESIRABLE BEASTS.
Spoiler:
Some players will not earn Insight.
Instead, these players will earn a resource called 'Beasthood'.
Beasthood is earned by slaying town players.
Beasthood may be spent in several ways, all of which will be unique to the player themselves.
There are several mechanics in the game designed to be a detriment to players who can carry Beasthood.

WE ARE BORN OF THE BLOOD, MADE MEN BY THE BLOOD, UNDONE BY THE BLOOD.
Spoiler:
Every single role in the game has an assigned 'Blood Echoes' value.
Upon being slain, the dead player will reward Blood Echoes to all of the players involved in slaying them.
Blood Echoes are a resource that exists solely to be spent.
There are two ways that Blood Echoes may be spent.
Blood Echoes may be spent on private rewards, tied to a player's role.
Any time a player has enough Blood Echoes to make a purchase privately, they may do so.
Blood Echoes may be spent to purchase various weapons, armor, tools, and consumables from a public Bath Messenger store.
Any time a player has enough Blood Echoes to make a public purchase, they must do so in the game thread, during the Day Phase.
Public Purchases are made on a single line of their own, with the bolded tag
PURCHASE: [ITEM NAME]
Whenever a non-consumable item is purchased publicly, it is removed from the Bath Messenger store forever.

CURRENT PRE-INS (12/14):

I've been accepting Pre-Ins for awhile now, so if you would like to rescind your Pre-in, just PM me.
Furthermore, I may have missed someone--so please let me know if you Pre-inned and you aren't on this list. I hope I got everyone, though!!
Finally, feel free to hydra-up even if you have pre-inned as a solo slot.

1. Albert B. Rampage
2. Yume
3. Rylai and Lina (Shiro & Frozen Angel Hydra)
4. Titus
5. Hastur and Muriel (SugarJan & HobbesDuncan Hydra)
6. Reasonably Irrational (Cerberusv666 & Elbirn Hydra)
7. Klingoncelt
8. SirCakez
9. Nahdia
10. Xkyfu
11. Shadow_Step
12. Randomidget
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1010 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I know that I've been talking about doing a FFT game or a Mike Tyson Game or even some other things, but I think a return to form is in order.
B-sides, Season 3 is going to be over in a few weeks and it's actually season 2, they just called it 'season 3' to make more money on itunes, etc.
I'm currently designing the setup with what I have on-hand, expect it to be done with review a few weeks after the season 3 finale.
The game is going to be a large, 21 (perhaps 25) player setup. Mechanics from the previous games will be returning for this one. Non-Bastard.
Bloodborne (and Space Dandy II) both taught me that I should focus on less public mechanics and more focused private mechanics.
I've learned a lot about creating a succinct role madness game that's still very flavorful and involved.
I hope that you will enjoy this game more than any I've run before.
I am willing to accept pre-ins this early in, but please understand the game is not near being complete yet.
If you still don't know what I'm talking about, I guess an image may help...

It's Steven Universe Season 2 Mafia, guys.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1021 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Steven Universe Season 2 Mafia is currently in Signups!

WHAT IS 'STEVEN UNIVERSE'?
Spoiler:
For thousands of years, our Earth has been under the protection of an elite group of magical warriors known as the Crystal Gems. There was once a time that intergalactic war threatened to destroy the planet we call home. Nowadays, such perils seem like fiction, but for the remaining Crystal Gems and a young boy named Steven, these age-old threats loom ever closer.

Steven Universe is a 2013 American animated cartoon series that chronicles the ongoing struggle of Earth's defenders, a small group of magical alien women known as the Crystal Gems. While the show does include an ongoing plot that involves the fate of the universe, the focus of Steven Universe is on the day-to-day trials that the youngest Crystal Gem, Steven, must overcome. The show's colorful visual style and strong musical focus help to make Steven Universe stand out as one of the most beautiful animated shows of the decade. Despite being a cartoon aimed at a teenage market, Steven Universe maturely navigates themes of responsibility, depression, abuse, love, and conflicts on a scale from internal to galactic.

The goal of this Mafia game is to reproduce the delightful color of the world of Steven Universe while rendering both its lighter and darker themes into mafia mechanics that feel fulfilling. As of writing this, Season 3 of Steven Universe has finished airing--I hope to encapsulate the events of Season 2 and 3 within this game, as I see the two seasons as strong a pair as the previous halves of Season 1 were. I will be revisiting mechanics featured in my previous Steven Universe games, although there will be more focus on creating a succinct, fun game for everyone to enjoy. My goal for this game is to create a set of public mechanics that are simple to navigate, yet allow for strong role diversity and fun, engaged, rhetorically-focused play. I have a lot of love for the source material--I hope that my passion translates to this game and allows for players to engage in both the flavor and the game of mafia as a unified experience.

Spoiler:
Steven Universe Mafia II will be a 25 player Large Theme featuring a handful of unique public mechanics that focus heavily in rhetorical engagement and flavor payoff. My previous game, Bloodborne Mafia, was a striking disappointment for me, largely due to how the over-complex mechanics were handled. I am hoping to create a set of mechanics in this game that are more concise and fun to engage with for everyone involved.

As a moderator with a deep passion for rhetoric, expect a game with mechanics that will always supplement the rhetoric of the game rather than the usual sort of roles that are supplemented by rhetoric. My games are typical Role Madness games--I like to give every player some sort of unique 'something' to play with in tandem with the actual game. I try to include very engaging public mechanics in order to retain player interest, which can be a difficult thing to do in the Large games that I like to run. Do not expect many, if any, 'vanilla' roles here.

PUBLIC MECHANICS APPEARING IN STEVEN UNIVERSE MAFIA II:

"OKAY, I'M READY FOR THIS EPISODE TO END"
Spoiler:
The day phase will be referred to as the 'Exposition' phase.
The night phase will be referred to as the 'Climax' phase.
Each pair of Exposition and Climax phases are referred to as an 'Episode'.
Each fourth Episode is a special episode called a 'Season Finale'.

Each role will have access to unique, flavor-heavy 'Episode Events' that they can anonymously trigger in order to influence the Exposition of any given episode. Notably, each scum role will have a town-flavored event that they can trigger.
The Scum team will have factional Episode Events that will flavor and influence the Climax of each episode.
Episode Events will be denoted on rolecards with the following information;
-You will be told when you can activate your event or if it has a delayed activation.
-You will be told the priority of your event. In the instance that multiple Episode Events are triggered, only the highest priority Event happens.
--That said, some events will have a 'zero' priority, meaning they can always be triggered and will always take place and do not keep other Events from happening.
-You will be told the requirements for your event to be triggered.

Season Finales will allow for bigger, more influential events.
Nearly every role and mechanic of the game is more powerful during a Season Finale.

As a final note, all scum have guaranteed safe-claims and roles that fit the flavor of these fake-claims. Do not try to flavor-game this setup.
Scum all have had their flavor and roles finished before I crafted any of the town roles--I have built this setup around scum having effective, believable safe-claims.
Flavor-claims are not anywhere near the sort of town-clear that you might expect from other games.
Furthermore, I have given scum measures to punish players who are attempting to flavor-game the setup. Claim flavor at your own risk.
We are here to play mafia rendered under the flavor of Steven Universe--I will have no pity for anyone who takes the flavor as a means to attempt to outguess the moderator.

"I AM THEIR FURY, I AM THEIR PATIENCE; I AM A CONVERSATION"
Spoiler:
During each Climax phase, a player may submit (to the mod) the name of any one other player that they wish to form an Alliance with.
If two players pick each other in this fashion, they begin the next Episode in an Alliance.
Alliances grant an Exposition-chat only neighborhood between all members of the Alliance.
Furthermore, many roles will also gain unique abilities due to being in an Alliance.
If you ever end up in a different alliance, your previous one will end.
If your allied partner is killed or lynched, you will still retain the benefits of being in an Alliance for the remainder of the Episode.

During a Season Finale, Allied players can chat in their neighborhoods during the Climax phase.
During a Season Finale, players may submit an extra player to be allied with, allowing for three-player Alliances.

Allying with other players will always resolve independent of all other abilities.
Unless otherwise stated, no ability will normally interact with each player's ability to Ally.
There are mechanics in this game which directly influence Alliances, including abilities that may allow a player to access Alliance PTs they are not a part of.

"THE ABYSS IS NO SUNDAY SWAN RIDE"
Spoiler:
Throughout the entirety of the game, a 'Stress Meter' will be posted and updated with each votecount.
The Stress Meter can fluctuate between 'Slice of Life' and 'Tragic Destiny.'
The Stress Meter begins the game in the direct middle of each of these categories. It can progress to +4 or -4 Stress.
At +4 Stress, or 'Tragic Destiny,' all players require one extra vote to lynch (except in LYLO) and all protective actions always succeed.
At -4 Stress, or 'Slice of Life,' all town players will require one less vote to lynch (except in LYLO) and all scum-sided actions will always succeed.
Many abilities will require the Stress meter to be at or above a certain mark in order to be used.

If a town player dies, the stress meter moves 1 rank towards 'Tragic Destiny.'
If a scum player dies, the stress meter moves 2 ranks towards 'Slice of Life.'

Generally, anti-town Episode Events and outcomes will move the stress meter towards 'Tragic Destiny.'
Pro-town Episode Events and outcomes will move the stress meter towards 'Slice of Life'.
This works to balance the swing of the setup, but also reflects the atmospheric ebb and flow of the show.
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1093 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by Varsoon »

THIS GAME IS AN ANONYMOUS GAME HELD IN A PRIVATE THREAD.
IF YOU WANT TO PLAY OR SPECTATE, PM ME. PUBLIC REQUESTS TO DO SO WILL BE DENIED ENTIRELY.
PRE-INS ARE CURRENTLY FULL.

WHAT IS 'FINAL FANTASY TACTICS'?
Spoiler:
Long ago, before the lands of Ivalice were united under one banner, a king sought power beyond his control. The demon he conjured immediately killed him and went on threaten the entire country with death or servitude. Before calamity was wrought upon the land, twelve heroes arose to do battle with the fiend. Legend speaks of the magical stones they carried, each bearing a sign of the zodiac. For centuries, these 'Zodiac Braves' have been revered has saviors of the kingdom. Some scriptures, however, tell a different story--that those who held the Zodiac stones were followers of the demon and usurpers of the throne. These particular tales depict the stones harboring a corrupting power, turning men into demons themselves. While these accounts are largely dismissed as heretical, there may be some truth to them after all...

Final Fantasy Tactics is a 1997 Japanese video game wherein the player must form a small army of various characters to stand against the forces that would throw the kingdom of Ivalice into chaos. One of the main features of the game is a 'Job Class' system, allowing characters to learn skills from several different fantasy skillsets, providing a diverse and unique approach to typical RPG team-building and levelling up. The plot of the game is notable for blending various low fantasy elements and intrigue with high fantasy conceits. One of the core aspects of the plot is that history has been written by the victors--while you discover the perilous truths as Ramza Beoulve, you begin to realize that your proud country has been founded on and mired in political and religious deceit.

The goal of this game is to provide a flavorful rendition of Final Fantasy Tactics' core mechanics while featuring flavor that is tangential to the game's plotline. Rather than focusing on the events that unfold in the narrative of Final Fantasy Tactics, this game of Mafia will be set in the past, depicting the historical 'Zodiac Brave' story, a point of revisionist history wherein demons did battle with men. My hope is to present the job class system from the game in a form that is fun and easy to engage with as a mafia player, allowing each player to build their own character and do battle with their foes. Will the Lucavi deceive mankind, casting down their heroes and glorifying themselves as saints, or will the Zodiac Braves truly rise to defeat the corrupting influence of these demons and be sung as heroes for time immemorial? Your own actions will decide who is put to the sword and who survives--only one truth will remain; history is written by the victors.

Spoiler:
Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia will be an anonymous 12 player Theme Game featuring a handful of unique public mechanics that focus heavily in player choices and rhetorical intrigue. My previous games have been large, overbearing setups, so I was hoping that I could create something small, accessible, and fun, while still upholding my standard hallmarks of design--a role-madness, flavor-oriented, high quality game that does the source material justice while providing a fair playing space for newcomers and veterans of mafia alike.

As a moderator with a deep passion for rhetoric, expect a game with mechanics that will always supplement the rhetoric of the game rather than the usual sort of roles that are supplemented by rhetoric. My games are typically Role Madness games--I like to give every player some sort of unique 'something' to play with in tandem with the actual game.

I do not enforce Blacklists, Wisdom of the Crowds, Wisdom of the One, or any similar requests to prohibit players from playing. The only players not welcome in my games are banned players. Do not ask me to prohibit a player from joining for personal reasons; I will never do so unless they currently have a ban or restriction. Everyone is welcome at my table. If you have a personal problem with a player, come to a happy agreement with them before creating drama in my signup thread or in my game. If you absolutely can't play with someone else, do not sign up for a game of mine if they are in the player list. If you do, I will allow you in, but don't think I'm going to shunt the other player because of your personal issues. I want everyone to get together and have fun here. I fully support even bitter rivals playing at the same table and learning to overcome their own differences in order to have fun with something we all enjoy. While this should be far less of an issue due to the anonymous nature of this game, I want players going in focused on the game rather than any bad blood that may be between them.

PUBLIC MECHANICS APPEARING IN FINAL FANTASY TACTICS MAFIA:

"DON'T BLAME US. BLAME YOURSELF OR GOD" -- NONSTANDARD BASTARD SETUP
Spoiler:
This game will be a bastard game.

What this means is that I will, as a part of the setup, intentionally obscure information in order to run the game as intended.
However, this game is not bastard in any other way. Votecounts, action resolution, and roles will all function exactly as they would in any other game. Your role will not change mid-game, nor will there be any changes in alignment after role cards are finalized. I will not lie to you in any of my moderator posts or private responses to your questions, either.

Furthermore, this game is balanced for all players--there will be no sudden or 'bastard' win conditions featured. The win conditions in this game are guaranteed to be non-bastard.

As far as any player should be concerned, this game should be played as if it were a regular game. In short, only the initial setup of the game features bastard elements--none of the moderation will. If I could run this setup as a non-bastard setup, I would, but there are specific design elements that many would qualify as bastard, which is why I am making this clear.

"FRIEND OR FOE? I AM A HUMAN BEING, NO DIFFERENT FROM YOU" -- ANONYMITY
Spoiler:
This game is an anonymous game. What this means is that signups will be held privately.
Each player will be given an account that I have created, prior to the game start.
If you accidentally post in any game-related thread from an account other than the provided account, you will be force-replaced upon your first offense.
In order to keep this from being an issue, the game thread will be private and only viewable by alt accounts, moderation, and approved spectators.

Due to the nature of this game, I am only allowing hydras on a highly selective basis--I would prefer that each slot is filled by a singular player.
No player may alter these accounts in any way. Changing the password, user image, pronoun, or signature are forbidden. You may change the display of the site, but that's it. Altering the account in any way that presents more information that is there as of the start of the game can result in a mod kill.
You may NOT reveal your identity in any way to any player while the game is running. If you try to do so via PM, PT, etc., I will mod-kill your slot. The game is intended to be fully anonymous--guessing at other players identities is fine, but that should NOT be the focus of the game. Do not try to come up with any tricks to confirm a player's identity, either.
At the start of the game, all players will be dealt a 'Zodiac Brave' rolecard that corresponds to their anonymous account.
This Zodiac Brave rolecard will contain your alignment and a single, unique ability that may be used throughout the game.

"A WARRIOR TAKES SWORD IN HAND, CLASPING A GEM TO HIS HEART" -- ROLES AND JOB CLASS STANDARDS
Spoiler:
Outside of each player's unique Zodiac Brave rolecard, players will draft from a large number of semi-public roles known as 'Job Classes.'
Players will be able to decide on up to two job classes that will comprise the rest of their role.
One Job Class will be selected as the player's Primary Job Class, and a second may be selected as a Secondary Job Class.
Each Job Class has 3 abilities:
1 Public ability gained upon Day 1.
1 Private passive ability, which will be gained by Primary classes on Day 1, and secondary classes on Day 2.
1 Private ability, which will be gained by Primary classes on Day 3, and secondary classes on Day 4.
If the same job class is picked twice, all abilities are gained from it at Day 1.

"YOUR ACTIONS HAVE MEANING ONLY IF THEY HOLD TRUE TO YOUR IDEALS" -- JOB CLASS DRAFTING
Spoiler:
At the start of the game, all players will be dealt a 'Zodiac Brave' rolecard and account that corresponds with their Zodiac identity.
This Zodiac Brave rolecard will contain your alignment as well as a singular, unique ability that will help you along in the game.

The game will begin with a 'Job Class Drafting' phase, which is comprised of two parts.
During the first part of this phase, the game thread will be locked and every player will be assigned a drafting order that will only be revealed in the post-game.
Each player will submit the full list of 'Job Classes', numbered in order of preference.
Once I have received this list, all players will be assigned their primary job class and will be able to view its hidden abilities.
In this way, no two players will have the same primary Job Class
Furthermore, every player will be publicly confirmed as having their assigned Job Classes at this point in time, concluding part 1 of the Job Class Drafting phase.
During the second part of the Job Class Drafting phase, players will be given a week to chat in the game thread and any private threads they may have access to.
During this week, no player may be voted for or lynched and no actions may be taken--Day 1 of the game still hasn't begun.
For this second phase, the drafting order will be reversed.
Before the phase ends, all players must submit an ordered list of 'Job Classes', numbered in order of preference.
Once I have received these lists, all players will be assigned their secondary job class and will be able to view its hidden abilities.
In this way, no two players will have the same secondary job class, but they may have share a primary job class with another player's secondary job class and vice-versa. Furthermore, some players may end up with their secondary job class being the same as their primary job class, which will allow them access to all of their job class' abilities on Day 1.

Once the Job Class Draft phase has fully concluded, players will be asked to confirm their full roles and Day 1 will begin upon majority confirmation.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1209 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

WHAT IS 'THE PROTOMEN'?
Spoiler:
No one was left who could remember how it had happened,
How the world had fallen under darkness.
At least no one who would do anything.
No one who would oppose the robots.
No one who would challenge their power,
Or so Dr. Wily believed...

The Protomen is an American rock band that is known for their concept albums and rock operas loosely based on the Megaman universe. While originally a college project, the band has become a cult classic and still regularly tours the United States to this day. The story that they weave presents the world of Megaman as a dystopia of humans who are fighting against the control of robot masters. The story is largely split between multiple albums presented as different 'Acts' in the story--Act I presents humanity as forsaken and cowed to their rulers and robot enforcers, with Megaman as a tragic hero trying to save a people who are not deserving; Act II brings us back to the sparks that started this entire dystopic conflict by showing us the story of two brilliant scientists who create a robotic labor force but disagree how to implement this new technology; finally, the album 'The Cover Up,' despite being a cover album, still presents an arrangement of songs with slight changes that speaks towards the corruption that lead to the future present in Act I. Altogether, these albums present a compelling retelling of the Megaman story that grapples with the nature of tragic heroes and humanity enslaved.

The goal of this Mafia game is to reproduce the same tensions built within the narrative of The Protomen's albums. My hope is that my love for this music will translate to a flavorful setup that pits players into a conflict where they are not sure who to side with, where control and fear are major factors influencing the majority of players. Ultimately, I want people to have a fun time playing a non-normal setup while getting to be a part of a musical universe that I've come to love and am proud to share with others via Mafia.

Spoiler:
Protomen Mafia is a 13 player blitz game with a non-normal setup. Days will be 72 hours, nights will last 24 hours. Notably, by default, town will have multiple win conditions and the non-town factions will do what they can to influence town to play one way or another. My previous game, Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia, was a fairly complex setup--I'm hoping that I can present a simpler, yet still engaging and non-normal theme setup. Flavor knowledge is encouraged, though not necessary to play and compete in this setup.

As a moderator with a deep passion for rhetoric, expect a game with mechanics that will always supplement the rhetoric of the game rather than the usual sort of roles that are supplemented by rhetoric. My games are typical Role Madness games--I like to give every player some sort of unique 'something' to play with in tandem with the actual game. I try to include very engaging public mechanics in order to retain player interest, which can be a difficult thing to do in the Large games that I like to run. Do not expect many, if any, 'vanilla' roles here.

WHERE/HOW DO I SIGN UP? (CURRENT PRE-INS: 6/6):

Spoiler:
This game is being run as a part of the November Blitz Month in the Mini Theme Queue. This means that signups will not open until November 1st. Sign up in the Mini Theme Queue once the game is posted there! I am allowed up to 6 Pre-ins, so please PM me as soon as possible, as these do go fast.

PUBLIC MECHANICS APPEARING IN PROTOMEN MAFIA:

"THE MAN WHO TURNS THE WHEELS, THEY WILL FOLLOW; ANYWHERE HE LEADS"
Spoiler:
In this game, there are three factions confirmed to be a part of the setup.
These factions are
The State
The Dead
, and
The Father of Death
The Dead
is the default uninformed majority faction, typically referred to as 'Town'. The default win-condition of
The Dead
has two possibilities for achieving a win:
The Dead
will win the game if all players that are a part of
The Father of Death
faction are dead and at least six total players of any faction are still alive.
The Dead
will win the game if all players that are a part of
The State
faction are dead and at least two members of
The Dead
faction are still alive.
The Dead
will lose the game if they ever have only one member left alive at any given time.

"WE'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING WE CAN; THERE ARE NO HEROES LEFT IN MAN"
Spoiler:
In order to avoid players from gaming the flavor of this setup, every player will be given a default 'Citizen' Role PM. Members of
The Dead
will not know their true identity until they are dead.
While roles will still have unique mechanical abilities, their unique flavor will not be revealed until being flipped upon death in the game thread.
Last edited by Varsoon on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1234 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

WHAT IS 'MAGIC THE GATHERING'?
Spoiler:
Traveling throughout the Multiverse are Planeswalkers–powerful mages with the rare ability to leave the world of their birth. The adventures, plots, and machinations of these Planeswalkers forever alter the fates of those they encounter. The monsters and civilizations of the Multiverse also have their own histories and legends. Each plane is rich in mystery and intrigue, strife and war, all with epic stories just waiting for your discovery.

Magic the Gathering is a trading card game published by Wizards of the Coast. It's probably safe to say that Magic the Gathering is THE trading card game, as it was the first and still stands as one of the most popular. Players take on the identity of powerful magicians capable of traversing realities. The cards you play with represent a suite of spells and creatures that you can call forth from other worlds. Ever complex and evolving, Magic the Gathering is just as much of a challenging game of strategy and deckbuilding as it is a cultural phenomenon.

The goal of this Mafia game is to produce the same sense of power and strategy that Magic affords its players. I've designed the setup to capture the feeling of playing Magic, visiting new planes that present the players with new flavor as well as new cards to add to their collection, all while doing battle with other equally powerful planeswalkers. I've developed a very non-normal role madness setup that should give every player a good deal of agency with not just the sort of role they receive, but also how they plot victory over their peers.

Spoiler:
Magic the Gathering Mafia is a 17 player theme game with a non-normal setup that functions somewhat similar to a U-Pick in that players will be choosing 'color identities' and I will be building roles around those identities, then assigning alignments after roles have been generated. Days will be 2 weeks, nights will last 48 hours. You should expect this setup to be as varied and complex as setups that I have run in the past. I've specifically designed the unique mechanics to make each day/night phase drastically different from the last in terms of what rules are in play and what options are available to players in terms of role-related power. At it's heart, this is still a game of Mafia, but players should expect a somewhat chaotic gamestate with ever-shifting power dynamics and public mechanics. As a very important note, this game is NOT a bastard setup--this game DOES NOT feature any cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated, secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game. That said, this game DOES feature incredibly heavy shifts in role mechanics and public game mechanics that are much more notable than any other game run on-site.

As a moderator with a deep passion for rhetoric, expect a game with mechanics that will always supplement the rhetoric of the game rather than the usual sort of roles that are supplemented by rhetoric. My games are typical Role Madness games--I like to give every player some sort of unique 'something' to play with in tandem with the actual game. I try to include very engaging public mechanics in order to retain player interest, which can be a difficult thing to do in the Large games that I like to run. Do not expect any 'vanilla' roles here.

WHERE/HOW DO I SIGN UP? (CURRENT PRE-INS: 11/11):

Spoiler:
This is a 17 player game that will be run as a large theme game, which means that my setup will need to go through the moderator queue before signups can begin. Once they do, I will link the signup thread here! I am allowed up to 11 Pre-ins, so if you'd like a PM when the game signups begin, let me know and I can send that to you.

Pre-ins:
1. Iconeum
2. OnTheMark
3. Yume
4. Chara
5. Randomidget
6. Beeboy
7. Creature
8. Titus
9. Almost50
10. Cerberus v666
11. Snarkysnowman

PUBLIC MECHANICS APPEARING IN MAGIC THE GATHERING MAFIA:

"UNTAP, UPKEEP, DRAW"
Spoiler:
When you sign up for this game, please submit three choices for what you desire your 'color identity' to be.
You may choose either a single color or any combination of two colors for your color identity choices.
For those unfamiliar, the colors are:
White: Color of order, law, healing, righteousness, community, absolutism, and light.
Black: Color of power, corruption, ambition, and amorality.
Blue: Color of reason, intellect, dreams, illusion, creativity, trickery, and manipulation.
Red: Color of freedom, passion, emotion, chaos, impulse, and fury.
Green: Color of life, instinct, nature, evolution, ecology, and interdependence.

Based on the color indentites each player submits, I will create a unique 'Planeswalker' rolecard that corresponds to their color choice.
In addition to your 'Planeswalker' rolecard, you will 'draw' three 'spell' cards that fall within your color identity at the start of the game.
At the start of each Day phase, you will 'draw' another new spell card that will be added to your current unused cards, also referred to as your 'hand'.
These spell cards will represent abilities that you may use, but only if you meet certain requirements.
Each spell will have a unique 'type' modifier, such as 'sorcery', 'instant', 'creature', etc--these are simply keywords that help differentiate how a spell functions.
The entire functionality of a spell card will be reflected in its text; keywords will be described on the spell card itself rather than in public rules.
Unless noted otherwise, once a spell card has been used, it may not be used again for the rest of the game.

"TAP TO ADD MANA TO YOUR MANA POOL"
Spoiler:
Each player will be able to generate 'mana' via various private means.
Mana is a resource that can be spent to cast your spell cards.
Mana has a color identity as well--Spell Cards will specify which color of mana they require to be cast.
Your mana accumulates between Day and Night cycles but will never carry over between more than one cycle (You can not use 'banked' mana from Day 1 on Day 2, but could use it on Night 1).

"PLANECHASE"
Spoiler:
When the game begins, all players assume the role of 'Planeswalkers' on the plane of Dominaria.
However, at the start of each new day, all players will begin in a new plane.
Each plane represents a different world or universe in the multiverse, and will come with its own set of unique rules specific to that plane.
These unique planar rules will often influence player's mana growth, mana use, and spell card effects.
While some of these changes are incredibly drastic and border on what may be considered 'bastard' by some, this is not a bastard game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1289 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm building a few games right now. This is one of them. Your encouragement helps. More to come soon.

Return to “Queue”