Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

I occured to me when I read javerts response, then read my own post, that HB is not actually voting me. but im still curious as to the 50 to 90 % jump, and I stand by all of the other points I made in that post.
I play the games rul gud.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:12 pm

Post by Javert »

Possible Scum-Group {Ancalagon, The Shadow, Elias_the_thief}Connections
  • Post 17 by Elias_the_thief pushes a counterwagon, when The Shadow had hit three votes.
  • The Ancalagon-Elias argument I could certainly see being distancing (especially since Elias had come under some pressure very early and very rapidly).
  • Post 65 by The Shadow shows that in The Shadow's first actual 'post' (with content) in the game, he does not make any comments on the Ancalagon-Elias argument whatsoever, perhaps because he does not want to push either of them any further into suspicion.
  • In post 58, Elias_the_thief says he was going to make the same points as I did about Barroman. But in Post 68 he suddenly agrees with The Shadow, and doesn't think what I pointed out was a scumtell. [This could also have been done to make it look like The Shadow had contributed something more noteworthy than he actually did]. Would you mind explaining this switch for me, Elias? I'm surprised I just now saw it.
  • Post 81 by Ancalagon seems completely useless – there may have been a purpose he had in mind, but now that he's come up scum it certainly makes me wonder if it's meant to suggest "I don't know what time zone he is in, so I don't know him very well" (i.e. could not be scum with him).
  • Post 129 by Ancalagon could, in retrospect, be a silent way of unvoting Elias_the_thief (done in such a way that it would not be noticed easily).
  • Post 142 by Elias_the_thief similarly has an unvote on Ancalagon – with reasoning that does not follow, and even then he does not replace his vote in Post 149.
  • Post 250 by Elias is a fine sentiment, but when looking for connections it can't be ignored.
  • Post 265 can show some relief that The Shadow was replaced, and at the end Elias asks if Ancalagon can contribute more (to be possibly read as: "Hey! Contribute something or be bussed.")
  • Note: If the scum-group is [Ancalagon-Elias-Shadow], then none of them were on the ac1983fan wagon (not even the fifth vote after his claim), which is certainly more than possible but it makes the group less probable. In fact, Ancalagon points out how he 'doesn't believe' ac1983fan and yet does not vote for him, in Post 335.
  • Post 335 (again), Ancalagon has a complete flip on Elias from early-game (instead of using early momentum like you would otherwise think he might do).
  • Post 567 by Hand Banana. His posts implies that [Elias or Javert] are equally likely, but he ends his post with a FoS on me and not Elias. Could have an explanation for why you did that in particular?
  • Notably, in Post 627 Hand Banana suddenly has Elias_the_thief as his "second suspect" now that we in LyLo (possibly because it's no longer necessary to express more suspicion on me than Elias). Can I hear an explanation for this sudden change in percentage? It jumped to 90% in Post 642, by the by – and as a scum-team, percentages would not even matter at this point.
Unfortunately, Elias_the_thief has been lacking in posts for much of Day Two until today, due to constant absences, as since The Shadow was replaced by Sweenytodd, and then Sweenytodd has also been replaced, posts are also lacking in that department.

Any responses to this list would be appreciated.
"I was born with scum like you."
hand banana
hand banana
Goon
hand banana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by hand banana »

ok.... let's answer my part.
but he ends his post with a FoS on me and not Elias. Could have an explanation for why you did that in particular?
i explained it in the very next post..
i connected you with spectrumvoid, as it seemed to me that you are trying to justify in advance the fact that she will survive the night even though she's a cop, and both doctors are dead.
i thought that you 2 might ba scumpai at that time, and that you are preparing the town for her miraculous survival. i was obviously wrong about that.

next one:
Can I hear an explanation for this sudden change in percentage? It jumped to 90% in Post 642
simple elimination and gut feeling, already told you.
i eliminated nocmen first, and after that, yourself and meme. and elias was giving me creeps since i joined this game... just like acfan. but elias was much more careful, tho...

satisfied?
tonight.. you!
hand banana
hand banana
Goon
hand banana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by hand banana »

Hand banana, youre voting (*1) because of me because of a hunch. You realize you're turning your vote away from a player who has been scummy all game(*2), hammered superfast yesterday, and who you claim to be faking a block of you? This makes no sense.(*3)

If he is not scum, then his block must be true. In that case, that proves that you are scum (*4). However, if you are town, then the fact that he's claiming to have blocked you should lean towards his guilt (*5). I'm starting to think the pair is AC + HB.(*6) Of course, given the fact that there are three main suspects, we'll all probably just indicate each other. (*7)
1. not voting.
2. no, im not
3. you're right, i wouldn't make sense. and i'm not doing it.
however, i thing you're scum to.
4. yeah, right. it's just that it's the other way around.
5. and i am.
6. oh, i see.. and you will slowly move your vote away from your scumbuddy and vote for me.. saw that coming.
7. yes. only correct thing you said.
tonight.. you!
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:30 pm

Response to Javert

I dont really feel like going through this whole thing and picking it apart to respond. I'll respond to some of the points tonight, hopefully more tomorrow.
Javert wrote:Post 17 by Elias_the_thief pushes a counterwagon, when The Shadow had hit three votes
Oh god, please dont make me argue this one again. I misread the votecount and thought it was something it wasnt. And I still think that using this as evidence in a case is trying to make
it
something it isnt.
Javert wrote: In post 58, Elias_the_thief says he was going to make the same points as I did about Barroman. But in Post 68 he suddenly agrees with The Shadow, and doesn't think what I pointed out was a scumtell. [This could also have been done to make it look like The Shadow had contributed something more noteworthy than he actually did]. Would you mind explaining this switch for me, Elias? I'm surprised I just now saw it.
I dont see this as much of a contradiction. I agreed with your points specifically about the questions, and agreed with your answers to them. I then agree that it is not a scumtell. I felt that since barroman is not the best at english, he could have misunderstood my points. And even if what you said is true, about him trying to incriminate me with them, if he's acting off of a previous suspicioun, (a hunch or something) I dont see it as that suspcious.
Javert wrote:Post 142 by Elias_the_thief similarly has an unvote on Ancalagon – with reasoning that does not follow, and even then he does not replace his vote in Post 149.
I honestly got the names mixed up there. I said I would hold off on revoting. I never got around to it. Thats the only explanation I can give.
Javert wrote:Post 250 by Elias is a fine sentiment, but when looking for connections it can't be ignored.
This has always been my opinion on lurkers. I have never been a fan of lurkerlynching.
Javert wrote:Post 265 can show some relief that The Shadow was replaced, and at the end Elias asks if Ancalagon can contribute more (to be possibly read as: "Hey! Contribute something or be bussed.")
This seems to me to be a nontell. As I said earlier, Im not a fan of lurkerlynches. Likewise, I dislike modkills. A replacement gave me relief because LY was having trouble finding any.

Wow, I surprised myself and got around to all the points addressing my posts. I hope that helps javert, and sorry again for my absense recently.

Response to HB

1. Alright. I addressed this in a subsequent post. My point is that you became suddenly suspicious of me on a hunch. The fact that you ignore that I adressed this seems like a method of discrediting the points I make without actually addressing them.

2. Ok, youre right. youre not voting me. You're suddenly launching a multiple post attack on me based on a hunch, while there is major evidence towards ac, who you could be applying pressure to. I thought he was your "100%" suspect. Again, address my point, dont just sit there and act like you didnt make a complete turnaround simply because I said "vote" as opposed to "sudden opinion change".

3. Again, address the point please. It still does not make sense that youre launching a multiple post attack on your #2 suspect, based off a hunch, when you could be pressuring your #1 suspect, or trying to convince other town members of his guilt.

4. ...huh? i dont understand your response. please clarify.

5. No, youre not. Your directing all your attention to incriminating me. You have confirmed scum, (if youre actually town). Why not try to dig up evidence against him? Why attack your #2 suspect when you have plenty of time for that on the next day?

6. Actually, I will keep my vote right where it is, because I'm not going to turn away from my main suspect. I posted four reasons for my vote, and I stand by them. Your attacks on me now incriminate you just as much as your partner AC.

7. Alright. You accept my point. Whoopee. Now address the points I made, now that I've made them satisfactory for you.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:34 pm

Response to HB
handbanana wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
Hand banana, youre voting (*1) because of me because of a hunch. You realize you're turning your vote away from a player who has been scummy all game(*2), hammered superfast yesterday, and who you claim to be faking a block of you? This makes no sense.(*3)

If he is not scum, then his block must be true. In that case, that proves that you are scum (*4). However, if you are town, then the fact that he's claiming to have blocked you should lean towards his guilt (*5). I'm starting to think the pair is AC + HB.(*6) Of course, given the fact that there are three main suspects, we'll all probably just indicate each other. (*7)

1. not voting.
2. no, im not
3. you're right, i wouldn't make sense. and i'm not doing it.
however, i thing you're scum to.
4. yeah, right. it's just that it's the other way around.
5. and i am.
6. oh, i see.. and you will slowly move your vote away from your scumbuddy and vote for me.. saw that coming.
7. yes. only correct thing you said.
1. Alright. I addressed this in a subsequent post. My point is that you became suddenly suspicious of me on a hunch. The fact that you ignore that I adressed this seems like a method of discrediting the points I make without actually addressing them.

2. Ok, youre right. youre not voting me. You're suddenly launching a multiple post attack on me based on a hunch, while there is major evidence towards ac, who you could be applying pressure to. I thought he was your "100%" suspect. Again, address my point, dont just sit there and act like you didnt make a complete turnaround simply because I said "vote" as opposed to "sudden opinion change".

3. Again, address the point please. It still does not make sense that youre launching a multiple post attack on your #2 suspect, based off a hunch, when you could be pressuring your #1 suspect, or trying to convince other town members of his guilt.

4. ...huh? i dont understand your response. please clarify.

5. No, youre not. Your directing all your attention to incriminating me. You have confirmed scum, (if youre actually town). Why not try to dig up evidence against him? Why attack your #2 suspect when you have plenty of time for that on the next day?

6. Actually, I will keep my vote right where it is, because I'm not going to turn away from my main suspect. I posted four reasons for my vote, and I stand by them. Your attacks on me now incriminate you just as much as your partner AC.

7. Alright. You accept my point. Whoopee. Now address the points I made, now that I've made them satisfactory for you.[/quote]

I left out HB's post. This should make more sense.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Javert »

*Crosses arms*

Well, I'm more inclined to think ac1983fan is indeed scum after having these two responses - although I'll admit I find the fact that if ac1983fan is town, then no scum were voting for him on D1 more persuasive than the responses themselves. In addition, Ancalagon's "disbelief" of ac1983fan's claim and yet not following that up with a vote suggests a connection. Not blocking Night 3 is convenient. 'Blocking correctly' on Night 4, the night which puts the town in LyLo, is convenient. Hammering SV during questioning is convenient.

Also, if the scum-pair were HB and Elias, I would expect a
slightly
more intense distancing act than what has actually occured in-thread (although this is complete WIFOM and there is certainly no rule on how much scum should distance from each other in this situation).

However, I will note this: from HB's perspective, there are two scum. For him, it does not matter which scum he pursues on which day. He has his "100% confirmed scum" in ac1983fan, and he has an objective "33% scum" out of MeMe/Elias/myself. The percentages do not change regardless of the order in which he tries to lynch. For him, voting Elias_the_thief today (as an example) is no more likely to lose the game than if he held off his vote until tomorrow.

No hammer yet in case MeMe has something she wants to say (or wants clarification on something), but I am ready for this day to end.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by MeMe »

Nope, I'm cool.

vote: ac1983fan
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:59 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

After a night of no deaths, the town decides that ac1983fan must be lying, and therefore scum. After ac1983fan concedes his defeat, the rest of the town gathers around him and decides he must be the lynch for today. Once again, the executioner is called, and once again another body hangs by a noose as the sun sets.

Day 4

• ac1983fan
    (
    Roleblocker
    ) -
    lynched
    • Elias_the_thief
    • hand_banana
    • MeMe
    • Nocmen
    Night 4
  • Deadline:
    THU 08/09/07 02:00 GMT
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:01 am

Post by LyingBrian »

A restless town wonders why any of them are still alive!? With 3 members of the Mafia total, that means that they should be able to take over the town now! Maybe the town has another power role? Maybe the mod is just covering his bases? Either case as MeMe is walking home, she is distracted by these nagging thoughts, and thus, fails to notice the shadowy figures step out of the alley. One of them circles around to her front, while the other stays close behind her. "Not only are we going to prevent you from going anywhere tonight, we're going to make sure you don't go anywhere for a LONG time!", the figure looming over her hisses. As she struggles to no avail, the sound of a gun shot ends her life.

Night 4

• MeMe
    (
    Townie
    ) -

Endgame
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:19 am

Post by LyingBrian »

As Elias, hand banana, Javert, & Nocmen stand over MeMe's body the next morning, they all look at each other suspiciously. Finally, Nocmen speaks up and says, "Everybody knows I'm innocent, so I'll speak on behalf of the town. If we give up, will the Mafia at least let us leave town peacefully?" "NEVER!", Elias shouts, as he draws his weapon in a split second and guns Nocmen down. "W-wait a m-m-minute!" Javert stutters. "T-that m-m-means I've b-been r-r-right all along." The sun catches the piece that hand banana draws, and blinds Javert for just a split second. Just long enough for a hole to appear in his head, and his body to slump to the ground.

Endgame

• Javert
    (
    Townie
    ) -
    Mafia

Nocmen
    (
    Mason
    ) -
    Mafia

Elias_the_thief
    (
    Underboss
    ) -
    survived

hand banana
    (
    Captain
    ) -
    survived

Game Over
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:32 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Player Roles

• Godfather
    -
    Ancalagon

• Underboss
    -
    Elias_the_thief

• Goon
    -
    hand banana

• Cop (Sane)
    -
    spectrumvoid

• Cop (Insane)
    -
    Arafax

• Doctor (50%)
    -
    omg_im_innocent_wtf

• Backup (Doctor)
    -
    Barromán

• Roleblocker
    -
    ac1983fan

• Mason
    -
    kilmenator

• Mason
    -
    Nocmen

• Townie
    -
    Javert

• Townie
    -
    MeMe
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:52 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Night Choices

• Night 0
    • Goon
      (
      The Shadow
      ) -
      Arafax
      (
      success
      )
    • Roleblocker
      (
      Elias_the_the_thief
      ) -
      omg_im_innocent_wtf
      (
      success
      )
    • Cop
      (
      shadowdeath
      ) -
      Arafax
      (
      n/a
      )
    • Cop
      (
      Arafax
      ) -
      MeMe
      (
      n/a
      )
    • Doctor
      (
      omg_im_innocent_wtf
      ) -
      Elias_the_thief
      (
      blocked
      )
    • Roleblocker
      (
      ac1983fan
      ) -
      Javert
      (
      n/a
      )
  • Night 1
    • Goon
      (
      Sweenytodd
      ) -
      omg_im_innocent_wtf
      (
      success
      )
    • Roleblocker
      (
      Elias_the_thief
      ) -
      Javert
      (
      n/a
      )
    • Cop
      (
      spectrumvoid
      ) -
      omg_im_innocent_wtf
      (
      n/a
      )
    • Doctor
      (
      omg_im_innocent_wtf
      ) -
      kilmenator
      (
      n/a
      )
    • Roleblocker
      (
      ac1983fan
      ) -
      Barromán
      (
      n/a
      )
  • Night 2
    • Goon
      (
      Sweenytodd
      ) -
      kilmenator
      (
      success
      )
    • Roleblocker
      (
      Elias_the_thief
      ) -
      none
      (
      n/a
      )
    • Cop
      (
      spectrumvoid
      ) -
      ac1983fan
      (
      innocent
      )
    • Roleblocker
      (
      ac1983fan
      ) -
      none
      (
      n/a
      )
  • Night 3
    • Goon
      (
      hand banana
      ) -
      ac1983fan
      (
      blocked
      )
    • Roleblocker
      (
      Elias_the_thief
      ) -
      none
      (
      n/a
      )
    • Roleblocker
      (
      ac1983fan
      ) -
      hand banana
      (
      success
      )
  • Night 4
    • Goon
      (
      hand banana
      ) -
      MeMe
      (
      success
      )
    • Roleblocker
      (
      Elias_the_thief
      ) -
      MeMe
      (
      n/a
      )
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:05 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Role PMs

• Cop

You are part of the
    TOWN
    . You are a
    COP
    Each NIGHT, you may attempt to investigate 1 player by sending a PM to the Moderator containing that player's name.
    If the player is still alive at the start of DAY, you will be told whether that player is GUILTY or INNOCENT.
    You win when all opposing roles have been eliminated.

• Doctor

You are part of the
    TOWN
    . You are a
    DOCTOR.

Each NIGHT, you may attempt to protect 1 player (not including yourself) by sending a PM to the Moderator containing that player's name.
    That player will be protected from a kill attempt that NIGHT.

• Roleblocker

You are part of the
    TOWN
    . You are a
    ROLEBLOCKER
    Each NIGHT, you may attempt to block 1 player by sending a PM to the Moderator containing that player's name.
    That player will be blocked from performing ANY ability they might have.

• Mason

You are part of the
    TOWN
    . You are a member of a
    MASON
    group.
    The members of the MASON group are as follows:
    • Player A

Player B
    You may talk to anyone else in your MASON group at NIGHT only.

• Townie

You are part of the
    TOWN
    . You are a
    TOWNIE
    You have no special abilities.

• Godfather

You are part of the
    MAFIA
    . You are the
    Godfather
    , 1st in command.
    You will be found INNOCENT should you be investigated.

The pecking order of the MAFIA is as follows:
    • 1. Godfather –
      Player X

2. Underboss –
      Player Y

3. Goon –
      Player Z
    Each NIGHT phase, the MAFIA may attempt to kill 1 player by sending a PM to the Moderator containing that player's name.
    The player will be chosen by the HIGHEST ranking MAFIA member, and carried out by the LOWEST ranking MAFIA member.
    You may talk to anyone else in your MAFIA group at NIGHT only.
    You win when all opposing roles have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this.

• Underboss

You are part of the
    MAFIA
    . You are the
    Underboss
    , 2nd in command.
    • 1. Godfather –
      Player X

2. Underboss –
      Player Y

3. Goon –
      Player Z
    Each NIGHT phase, the MAFIA may attempt to kill 1 player by sending a PM to the Moderator containing that player's name.
    The player will be chosen by the HIGHEST ranking MAFIA member, and carried out by the LOWEST ranking MAFIA member.
    You are also a
    ROLE BLOCKER
    Each NIGHT, you may attempt to block 1 player by sending a PM to the Moderator containing that player's name.
    That player will be blocked from performing ANY ability they might have.
    You win when all opposing roles have been eliminated, or when nothing can prevent this.

• Goon

You are part of the
    MAFIA
    . You are a
    Goon
    , 3rd in command.
    • 1. Godfather –
      Player X

2. Underboss –
      Player Y

3. Goon –
      Player Z
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:09 am

Post by LyingBrian »

good game,
Mafia
, and Congratulations!

i will be filling in the rest of the information, but i wanted to get the posts up so i could unlock the thread & you could feel free to post your thoughts, likes, dislikes, etc. i am always open to suggestions, improvements, constructive criticism, etc. and as always, feel free to PM me...
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:12 am

Post by ac1983fan »

told you HB was scum... and everybody was right about elias in the end....
*sigh*
Brian, don't you think the town was a little too, well, overpowered?
Not a dayvig.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:16 am

Post by LyingBrian »

oh, i did want to say one thing... if you guys had lynched Elias first, then the town would've almost been guaranteed a win... the kill choice would've deferred to HB, and ac1983 could've blocked HB again, thus resulting in a no-kill... w/ 5 players left & 1 scum, you could've mislynched ac1983 (4 players), HB would most likely kill Nocmen (3 players), and you would've had another day to lynch HB... the way the game seemed to have been going, w/ ac1983 cleared, HB would've seemed the most suspicious... but that's just my thoughts...
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:20 am

Post by LyingBrian »

ac1983fan wrote:told you HB was scum... and everybody was right about elias in the end....
*sigh*
Brian, don't you think the town was a little too, well, overpowered?
in retrospect, i should've made the insane cop either paranoid or naive, but that's the only change i would make... w/ a 50% doc & backup (who collectively would've only successfully protected 2 out of 7 nights {i randomized it before the game even started}) & a Mafia RB, i don't think so...
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:23 am

I dont think it was too town slanted. I didnt really play that well, but scum still won. Maybe this was due to the difficulty of getting a read on my partner, who was replaced three times. Good game all.
hand banana
hand banana
Goon
hand banana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:25 am

Post by hand banana »

i guess the town being overpowered helped us more than you guys.
that was our main point in lynching acfan.

oh, and btw, acfan should have been counter blocked and killed that night when he blolcked me, but elias was gone, and mod didn't let me carry out both night choices.
and i think that too helped us after all. if the block and kill went through, we would have entered the day 4 with
me
elias
nocmen
meme
& javert
and me or elias would probably get lynched that day.
tonight.. you!
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:37 am

Post by LyingBrian »

hand banana wrote:oh, and btw, acfan should have been counter blocked and killed that night when he blolcked me, but elias was gone, and mod didn't let me carry out both night choices.
i wanted to respond to this...

i sent a PM to both Elias & HB telling them that if Elias wasn't able to pick up his PM, then i would allow HB to make both choices, but that if Elias was able to pick up his PM, HB would only be able to make 1 choice... since Elias did pick up his PM, i only allowed HB to make 1 choice, the kill... i counted Elias RB choice as a no-choice... for further clarification see the Night Choices post, or if you have any further ?, feel free to post them in-thread or PM them to me...
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:41 am

i had time to check my box but had to rush out the door very quickly afterwards.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:49 am

Post by Nocmen »

Well... good game Mafia...well played. I do admit that my gut sent me the wrong way, as I had a gut scum feeling on ac since day 1, while hb had just joined the game, and it was hard to get a good tell on him. Elias, I'm not sure if I suspected that much (I may have day 1), but I stopped doing so later on. To think right before the final lynch I wanted to move to Elias due to the fact that it seemed to me elias would be the perfect partner between both hb and ac. However, I didn't, and the mafia won. Good game.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
LyingBrian

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:50 am

Post by LyingBrian »

Elias_the_thief wrote:i had time to check my box but had to rush out the door very quickly afterwards.
you also had time to send HB a short PM, and make a short post to another thread... a discussion over whether my decision was "right" or "wrong", i think would be pointless, so i want to nip it in the bud, but i also wanted to present all the facts that i used to make my decision... i hope there aren't any hard feelings, as there aren't any on my end...
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:51 am

Post by Javert »

I think the town had too much power 'on the surface'. There is no way any reasonable town would possibly believe they could have
that
much claimed power (i.e. 2 Cops, 1 Doc, 1 Back-Up Doc, 1 Role-Blocker, 2 Guaranteed Innocent Masons).

I am also not a fan of deceitful roles (50% Doc, for example) in Mini Regular Games - when I sign up to play a Mini Regular game, I want a
simple
set-up, and I often expect a good amount of Townies. Two Mafiates with powers (a Godfather and a Role-Blocker) definitely make me think this town as a whole was two power-packed... there were only
three
vanilla roles (the two townies and the mafia goon). Games similar to this I think you might as well add flavor and toss it in the Mini Theme Section, where it would be generally more expected that the Mafia would have powers in order to be able to step up to the town, and expected that the town roles are likely weaker than they claim to be.

Congrats to the scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”