Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #868 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 857, farside22 wrote:Boys and girls.
Players of all ages. I present to you from the imagination of farside22.
A game over 1 year in the works!

Time travel mafia!!

Welcome to time travel. The mafia want to steal the machine and 12 explores have gone back in time to sort things out.
1 day you could end up in the disco era as a groovy disco chick.
Or you could end up in the civil war fighting in dirt and bombs.
The best thing about the game is the role pm's are never the same game day to day.
One game day you maybe a vanilla town and the next day you could be Annie with a gun.
No allignment changes in the game, just a different role.

Oh and for those that think no lynching is an option, think again that's a big no no in the game.

Send pm if you want to pre/in

Pre/in's (4/6)

What kind of deadlines and rules were you looking to have here? When is it gonna start?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #869 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

disregard that^ meant to put that in a pm and not a thread reply. had too many windows open and copy and pasted into the wrong one
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #870 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Oldie Mini Mafia

Back in my day we had 12 players, No hydras, and we had to walk 15 miles up hill both ways in the snow to get to the gallows!

15 day deadlines (because well 15 miles)

All players that join must have joined the site pre July 2010
Roles will be mostly normal roles that have not been used in a long time

Pre /in (6 of 6)

You can still pm me and i can pm you when game gets to front of queue. No guarantee you will get a spot though
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #871 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Otolia and ika have agreed to be my reviewers. Very appropriate as ika was in last oldie game as a replacement and would not technically be able to enter the game given his join date
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #902 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

once one of the current games in signups fills in the mini theme queue, this will be entering signups:

Oldie Mini Mafia

"Back in my day we had 12 players and we had to walk 15 miles up hill both ways in the snow to get to the gallows!"

15 day deadlines (because well 15 miles)

Restrictions: All players that join must have a join date of at least 5 years ago

See spoiler below for an idea of rules. Because my rules are old fashioned
Roles will be older roles that follow the normal guidelines set forth here

Pre /in (4 of 6) Two of my pre-ins have declined, but rather than have people flood my inbox for a pre-in, I'm going to only allow 4 pre-ins and allow 8 people to sign up in the queue

You can still pm me and i can pm you when game gets to front of queue. No guarantee you will get one of 8 remaining spots[/quote]

Rules:

Spoiler:
Oldie Mini Mafia

"Back in my day we had 12 players and we had to walk 15 miles up hill both ways in the snow to get to the gallows!"

The Rules, Stolen from shaft.ed, TSQ, Mr. Stoofer, Flameaxe, Jdodge:

00. I reserve the right to edit these rules at any time should something truly unexpected occur.

01. All votes must be made bold or made using the vote tag. Unvoting is not required but I heavily prefer it. Any attempt at trick voting or disguising your vote will be prohibited. If its treated as a vote and I think its a vote, its a a vote!

02. A majority of votes is required to lynch. If there is a lynch, no amount of bitching will prevent the lynch from happening. Not even a short necked giraffe can survive the noose

03. When you live, live well. Live long. Prosper. When you're dead, shut up. Don't post in the games thread. Lie in a grave/furnace/corpse pile. Rot.

04. All days have a 15 day deadline. All nights have a 72 hour deadline.

05. You can vote for a no lynch to occur during the day. Simply post VOTE: No Lynch. Should this vote reach a majority, it will happen. If no majority is reached during a day then there will be a no lynch when that day ends.

06. Quoting or faking any PMs you receive from the mod will get you modkilled and blacklisted from any games I am running now or in the future. You may paraphrase anything in the PM. If you are worried you are quoting more so then paraphrasing you should probably PM me before I modkill you

07. If a player goes 48 real life hours without posting, they may be prodded at my discretion. If you notice someone doing this and I don't seem to catch it, feel free to pm me or post about wanting that person prodded in thread. If the prodded player doesn't respond to the prod via pming me a response or post in thread in 48 hours later, then they will be replaced. If the player makes little posts that dodge prod and don't represent anything relative to the game in next 48 hours are also considered as "Prodded". Thus I may warn such players privately and or force replace them. You are more than welcome to lynch them so that I don't have to wait for them to break this rule completely. Or so I do not have to replace said player. Players are allowed to formally request replacement should something come up in real life. I will not hold it against you and much prefer you request it, rather than just disappear without notice

08. Don't talk to each other outside of the game thread about the game unless your role says you can. If you disobey this rule, you will be modkilled or force replaced pending the severity of your actions

09. No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts if you have the power to do so

10. This is a game. Have fun and respect the other players. Don't be a Dick. If you feel you are being mistreated in thread and I don't seem to catch it, feel free to PM me about it. True insults or personal attacks will not be tolerated. Offenders will be warned once by PM and once in thread if the mod deems your behavior towards your fellow players inappropriate. If you continue, you will be ModKilled. :twisted:

11. If it seems like it should be illegal, it probably is. Considering the fact rules sometimes can't cover everything. Please use your common sense. PM me if you think something you are about to do could break the rules or possibly ruin the game.

12. I am human. If I fuck up and make a mod error that personally looses you the game, then I will give you a technical auto win at the end of the game to make up for it

13. I respect anonymity on the internet and in mafia. If there is a scum group with a quick topic I will
NOT
be making the thread public at the end of the game. It is that scum team's decision as to whether or not that thread will be made public at the end of the game

14. If I have to modkill a player, the following will occur. If that player was town, the day will immediately end as though they were the lynch. If that player was non-town, the day will continue after their lynch. Basically the worst case scenario will occur for their side. Please don't make me have to invoke this rule or any modkill related rules. I don't want to do it, I felt bad just writing those rules

15. The game will start with Night 0. This phase will last for 48 hours. During this phase only night talk related action can be performed. During night 0, you must PM a confirm to me saying you received and understand your role during Pregame, or i will look to replace you during day 1

16. If you have a night action and think you will be V/la during the night cycle, you can send the action to me in advance

17. If you have a night action and have already sent a target for your action, you can change your target before the night is over by sending me a message with the new choice

18. If you have a night action and forget to send me a choice, you get nothing! Good day sir!

19. Posting in the game thread can be done during twilight by any living player including the person who was just lynched, up until the mod locks the thread

20. If you are gonna go on V/la please post it in bold in thread or add it to your control panel/profile setting so that I am aware of it. You won't be prodded while you are on V/la. Rule 7 will mean nothing to you

21. I may attempt to give ambiguous flavor during the game to some degree during lynch scenes related to
Back in my day...
things. This flavor will not be meant to indicate the alignment of any living player. Using this info to help you figure out who is what = DUMB!

22. In the event a zombie plague or some other disaster makes me unable to fulfill my mod duties, your backup mod will be: Ether. Please inform her of my untimely disappearance and she will continue the game to the best of her abilities

23. This game followings the normal guidelines set for here

Return to “Queue”