The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18050 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:40 am

Post by Oso »

Welp, this is it folks.

Because of real life, my time and internet access will be severely limited starting Sunday. The Internet access may change, depends on how many of the truck stops have installed hotspots but the time won't. This will probably last until until after the first of the year.

This isn't a farewell note, by the way :P I am not leaving but my presence in IRC and on the server will be almost non-existent for a while.

Don't forget about me:

My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18051 (ISO) » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:40 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Forge 1277 for current SP4.

However, I think the server crashed yesterday and I was unable to fix it at the time. It's getting rolled this weekend anyway :P
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18052 (ISO) » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:26 am

MODDED SERVER

I have started looking at making a new pack. SP4 will be wrapped up and world files posted for download. Nothing is changing just yet. There is a suggestion doc up that I'll be working from, just like last time. There's a link on the blog as usual, and you can find it here as well.

Please don't use the "comment" feature because I usually miss those. Yall know how to get in touch with me :P I'll be on IRC more often now as well.

YAY!
Art is cool.
Osota
Osota
Watcher
Osota
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #18053 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by Osota »

ETL I can't seem to add to the Suggestions page.

Osota
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18054 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:36 pm

oh. I will look at it tomorrow morning. I'm mobile/in bed at the moment.
Art is cool.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18055 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:28 am

Post by Rhinox »

heard this was amazing but haven't watched yet (still can't, because youtube is blocked at work, but I can still post the link)

(those might both be the same vid, wasn't sure which one to post)
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18056 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:01 am

Post by Klazam »

Htf does that work
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18057 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:08 am

doc is open for editing now.
Art is cool.
Osota
Osota
Watcher
Osota
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #18058 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:57 am

Post by Osota »

ETL, do we have a time frame for when SP4 is going down for good?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18059 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:06 am

no definite date/plans right now. i just started looking at making the new pack. at the very least, SP4 will remain up for another 3 weeks. I'll be working on it a bit more this weekend, but it will mostly be looking at updates and downloading things.
Art is cool.
Osota
Osota
Watcher
Osota
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #18060 (ISO) » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:01 am

Post by Osota »

ETL, if you need any help with this please let me know.

Osota
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18061 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:32 am

In post 18060, Osota wrote:ETL, if you need any help with this please let me know.

Osota

:D

I'm starting to get the mods together!! I've been hanging out in the IRC but no one is ever around. I'm really excited about some of the updates, and I have some great ideas to make gameplay more interesting :wink: I want to keep some of the favorites but I think it would be great for us to try some different things as well. Ideas welcome!
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18062 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:41 am

AgSkies while SP5 gets put together? (About a month)

YAY OR NAY?
Art is cool.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18063 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:43 am

Post by davesaz »

Don't know what it is...
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18064 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:45 am

Art is cool.
Osota
Osota
Watcher
Osota
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #18065 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Osota »

sounds like a plan to me.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #18066 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 18062, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:

YAY OR NAY?

If that co-op version of HQM is a thing, I might give this a try.
With somebody who has more time and who I like.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18067 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Oso »

In post 18062, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:

YAY OR NAY?

Over the next month (and beyond most likely) I probably won't play much but I'll say Yes :)

An alternative you might want to consider is the Regrowth Pack if this is just to kill time. It is a good showcase of how some of the mods that have been discussed can work together and it also drops some of the more 'go-to' mods in favor of other mods. CoFH Core is in there for the RF API but Thermal Expansion is not.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18068 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:22 am

AHHHH I AM LOADING UP THE FIRST TEST INSTANCE. WISH ME LUCK YALL!
Art is cool.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18069 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:40 am

Post by davesaz »

Test instance of what?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18070 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:50 am

In post 18069, davesaz wrote:Test instance of what?

SP5 :P

IT'S ALIVE! sorta. I just always get excited when I try starting it up the first time.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18071 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:19 am

Draconic Evolution looks cool.
Art is cool.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #18072 (ISO) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Maestro »

KMP Warp is being shut down as we speak! Thanks for joining us, guys. It was a really cool premise and we had tons of fun. I'm sure people will use a lot of what they saw in the updated mods on Warp when they move to SP5 soon-ish. ( Right ETL? :P )

In addition, we've vacated the
#KMPWarp
channel on IRC and can now be found at
#KMPacks
( That's what the P stood for anyway, in case anybody was wondering... ) We'll be embarking on our own new adventure tonight - come talk to us or annoy ETL as she tests shit for SP5 on #mafiacraft with Gabe and the Osos.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18073 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:36 am

Post by Klazam »

So I'm trying to write another MC story. This time its based on the FTB modpack Hubris.
Maestro and I will be playing through it, and I'll be writing. screenshots will sometimes accompany it.
Spoiler: Prologue
The greatest fault in all those engaged with magic and wizardry is Hubris. The arrogance to believe in the superiority of oneself, elevated above all natural and magical laws. Nowhere else was this truer than the land of Myricene, where the sorcerous arts were a way of life, with a plethora of disciplines ranging from the infernal to the agrarian. Magic was viewed as the ultimate tool, the perfect resource; after all it elevated users from normal people to the absolute masters of their domains.

This is where Hubris comes in. One of those mages, a renowned Thaumaturge, who shall remain nameless, had the arrogance to delve deeper into the intricate mysteries of Thaumaturgy. Naturally, he delved too deeply, and accidentally unleashed an scourge upon the land. It was one tiny error, a backed up essentia pipe, a broken jar; that’s all it took. In his infinite Hubris, this Thaumaturge believed that he could harness the power of this scourge, called Taint, and become the ruler of the realm. Untold devastation followed, until a council of the most respected in the land met and worked together to capture the Nameless and banish him to an eldritch prison dimension, far beyond the Overworld.

It is here where we come in to the story. The council continued meeting, attempting to figure out how to heal the realm. The arguments were bitter, because of the countless disheartening reports brought in by couriers: never-before-seen Eldritch abominations razing towns, a mysterious Crimson Cult springing up all over the world who murdered in the name of their horrific gods, purple-hued mutant animals attacking innocent farmers indiscriminately, and, the most troubling of all, the land itself slowly showing signs of a mysterious corruption, with webs of sickly purple and water turned to similarly-colored slime.

Eventually, a representative from the Elvish world of Alfheim, an envoy of the goddess Gaia, got up from the table in disgust.
“You are arguing about what is already lost to you. We will not watch our beloved people fall victim to human hubris and be destroyed along with you. We shall withdraw from your world. You will never see us again!”

With that, she turned on her heel and left the chamber. Over the next few days, the Elvish magicians constructed vast portals, the only trace left of them in our world, and left the humans to their Tainted Land.

“Clearly it is too late for us to save our realm. Our knowledge and legacy could live on, but it would require untold risk and sacrifice. Nothing like it has ever been attempted before.” spoke a shrunken old witch.

Her closest friend, a vampire and a warlock with tamed demons in his thrall, wondered aloud. “What do you propose? At this rate, there will be nothing left of our land to save.”

“Send some of our number to another dimension, place them under enchanted sleep, let them sense when it is time to reawaken and try again what we have failed to do. I am a strong believer of human resilience.” She cackled. “Just look at me! Pushing 300 and still as spry as when I still was only 99! If I can survive this long dealing with you lot,” she waves at the vampire and his posse. “Something of humankind will be able to survive in this terrible world.”

The vampire frowned. “But if we remain here, in our failure, all of our knowledge of magic will die with us.” The other four present nodded and voiced agreement.

A new member of the council and the only Elf to remain behind, a woman named Aeri Spring, asked, “So you’re proposing that we five go off and abandon the world until we can come back? That doesn't seem like a very good way to help our people through this hardship.”
The old witch agreed, “Yes, that is why we’re not all going. I’m much too old for another great adventure, and I can do the people more good by staying and helping wherever I can. Besides, you will need me to stay awake to enchant you all in sleep.”

“Unfortunately, what I can do, will not work for you, dear friend.” She turned to the vampire. “Yes, I know.” He replied. “I wouldn’t agree to it either way.” He continued. “If I slept away the years, I would surely die as the blood drained from me. I can do more with my thralls fighting to protect what settlements still remain. It must be you three; Aeri Spring, the Mistress of Botany; Klazam, the Archmage of the Collegia Magica; and Maestro, the Foremost Thaumaturge of our age. Do you agree? This challenge will be fraught with perils such as you three have never braved before. Even I am fearful at the thought of the trials you three will endure. You in particular, Maestro, will have the hardest burden to bear…” His frown tightened.

“It is you who must follow the Nameless into insanity to find out how to heal the Tainted Land. You must succeed where he failed, however. Do not fall too deep into the Void or you will be lost.”

Klazam nodded somberly at this, and replied, “I agree, although I have a suggestion to make. As you say, this journey will be perilous, and we’re already going to lose two of our own number, so to prevent our collective magical knowledge from being lost forever, I recommend that our remaining friends create three copies of a special tome, with which we will enchant with the sum of our knowledge.”
The council readily agreed to this, especially after the witch pointed out that the enchantment she was planning to use had never been used before to this degree: she couldn't guarantee memories would come with them on their temporal journey intact.

Preparations were quickly made, and they were transported to a glorious glittering ice cavern dimension to lie down and sleep away the years.

A thousand years later, give or take a few dozen years, the enchantment finally broke. Waking up in a haze, Maestro and Klazam stumbled around, and horrified, they saw a skeleton where Aeri Spring laid. “So it begins, our journey of peril.” Their only possessions were a pair of tomes, and blank memories. There was a portal at one end of the cave. Given nothing else to do, Maestro and Klazam started to walk through it.
Last edited by Klazam on Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18074 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:26 am

ahh so gooood!!! I love the lore!
Art is cool.

Return to “The Arcade”