Newbie 437 - All Done!

Ripley
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 07, 2006

Post Post #75  (ISO)  » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:23 pm

Sorry, hit Submit instead of Preview. Post continues here.

Booker wrote:
Ripley wrote:However, with so little posting I'm not willing to put anybody at lynch -1, so, for the moment: Unvote.
Not sure what you mean here, considering he was at lynch -2 at the time. And wouldn't someone putting him up to lynch -1 just add things to discuss? Always good for town.


How aren't you sure what I mean? He was at lynch -2. If I had voted him he would have been at lynch -1, which I said I wasn't willing to do.

So you think putting him at lynch -1 would have been good? Hmm - I was just about to refer you back to a post earlier on this page written by another player that explains at some length why putting someone at lynch -1 is not a good idea, and ask you what you thought of it. Then I scrolled back and found that it wasn't written by another player at all. It was written by you. Post 28. And I can't understand how you got from this:

Booker wrote:First, if it's unclear, why putting someone at lynch -1 this early is very suspicious and bad for town.


.. to this...

Booker wrote:And wouldn't someone putting him up to lynch -1 just add things to discuss? Always good for town.


.. in the course of a single page. The intervening posts didn't contain a great deal in the way of argument and contained no votes at all. Seems hard to believe you were being sincere both times.

Another thing that struck me on a reread was this:

booboodafool wrote:I like how the two people that voted with me are the ones trying to cast suspicion on me. I can only control me. 1 out of 6 and i got Ripley Apparently we all have to vote for someone different and apparently everyone else can use random.org except me and apparently being the third vote means you're mafia.

Two things about this post, actually. The first is the use of the phrase "the two people that voted with me", which just strikes me as an odd thing to say if his vote had been really random. Because in that case why would he think of the other people voting the same person as "voting with him", as if there were more than a random event connecting them with him?

The second thing is that it isn't really true. The people that "voted with him" were PlaysWithSquirrels and Mello. booboodafool says these are the people "trying to cast suspicion on him", but really toolenduso, who FOS'ed him, had been more suspicious of him than Mello at that stage.

There has been a lot of focus on the three players who voted for me, with talk of them working together in pretty much every possible combination, and now they're all voting for each other. I'm not sure what I think about all this yet. It needs to simmer a bit longer.

toolenduso
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #76  (ISO)  » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:51 pm

Well, the first part of that post was brilliant. I never would have picked that up, since it's a couple pages back, but you did. Great job. What to make of it right now, I'm not sure.

The second part of your post I have a hard time agreeing with, though.

First, I don't think the "voted with me" thing is a very big deal. The fact of the matter is, they did vote with him. And even if he were speaking about that as if it connected them, there are only two scum, and that puts three together.

Second, I think you missed his point. I was indeed casting suspicion on him, but he was, I believe, referring to his argument that they pulled out of the vote immediately after he cast his. This did cast a certain amount of suspicion on him, however, it also cast suspicion on them.

Recently, I've started to think this day definitely needs to go on longer before we lynch. There are about 4 of us that are posting most actively, and 3 that aren't. Ripley seems to be very pro-town from the posts he's made, but Booker hasn't posted too much and Nelly hasn't really posted at all (by that I mean I don't think he's posted any suspicions, arguments, or accusations).

It would be a great scum tactic to simply hide by and not post while the town turned in on itself in an effort to find out who the scum was. I fully understand now why Mello said that Nelly's lurking was the most unsettling. He could be the scum, and none of us would know because he hasn't posted enough for us to get any sort of read on him.

After checking out his voting history, it appears he's been in about 5 games other than this one. In spite of this, he has a relatively low overall post count. However, in the other games, he's still seen posting useful arguments and the like.

I do find this very unsettling. Looks like my random vote may have been right after all. Vote: Nelly632.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

MeMe
Post or Perish
 
User avatar
Joined: October 06, 2002
Location: Missouri
Pronoun: She

Post Post #77  (ISO)  » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:41 pm

Vote Count:

PlaysWithSquirrels (2): Nelly632, Booker
booboodafool (2): PlaysWithSquirrels, Mello
Mello (1): booboodafool
Nelly632 (1): toolenduso

not voting (1): Ripley

Four = lynch
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Nelly632
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #78  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:27 am

However, as you yourself requested, I have a bit of a question for you. What is your current standing opinion on everyone in the game, including myself? Please give us a short rundown to make up for your elongated absence.


1) Everyone is playing this game well and should be awarded for being so great at attacking and observing...

2) Short rundowns Sir are for me, myself & I. I unlike all of you REFUSE to clutter up these boards with useless comments and accusations... I instead choose to play this game by observing and casting my vote wisely as any good townie should do...

You can vote me all you like but the truth be told is that just because I post ever so often does not mean I am not paying attention...

toolenduso
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #79  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:29 am

...and that's an incredibly viable scum tactic. Paying attention means you can indeed learn valuable things happening in the game. But not posting means nobody can tell if you're scum or not, beyond the fact that you aren't posting.

If none of us wanted to 'clutter up the board' mafiascum probably wouldn't exist. This whole game's about talking and arguing. (Okay, and observing too...)
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

Nelly632
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #80  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:14 am

...and that's an incredibly viable scum tactic. Paying attention means you can indeed learn valuable things happening in the game. But not posting means nobody can tell if you're scum or not, beyond the fact that you aren't posting.

If none of us wanted to 'clutter up the board' mafiascum probably wouldn't exist. This whole game's about talking and arguing. (Okay, and observing too...)


I believe I already rebutted this part of your argument and yes I am well aware that the premise of the game is about talking & arguing but at this point I choose to keep my thoughts to myself... I am not stating that I will do this during the entire duration of the game but as of right now I will keep any thoughts to myself until I feel like it is time to share...

PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 22, 2006
Location: Missouri
Pronoun: He

Post Post #81  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:48 pm

Nelly632 wrote:
...and that's an incredibly viable scum tactic. Paying attention means you can indeed learn valuable things happening in the game. But not posting means nobody can tell if you're scum or not, beyond the fact that you aren't posting.

If none of us wanted to 'clutter up the board' mafiascum probably wouldn't exist. This whole game's about talking and arguing. (Okay, and observing too...)


I believe I already rebutted this part of your argument and yes I am well aware that the premise of the game is about talking & arguing but at this point I choose to keep my thoughts to myself... I am not stating that I will do this during the entire duration of the game but as of right now I will keep any thoughts to myself until I feel like it is time to share...


That might be the single most idiotic thing ever uttered in a mafia game. Let's say you're town-aligned and you die in the first day of the game (either by lynch or nightkill), how are we supposed to know what your suspicions are? You're giving away the opportunity to help the town.

Now if you're scum, you've just attempted to give yourself a free pass to day 2 without saying anything. That's just unacceptable.

If you don't recant your position, you can expect a vote from me in my next post.
Oh hai.

booboodafool
Townie
 
Joined: July 31, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #82  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:09 pm

You guys have a good point on Nelly. He could be mafia sitting back and watching us argue. Then again maybe that's just the way he wants to play

PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 22, 2006
Location: Missouri
Pronoun: He

Post Post #83  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:25 pm

booboodafool wrote:You guys have a good point on Nelly. He could be mafia sitting back and watching us argue. Then again maybe that's just the way he wants to play


Thank you for that riveting analysis :roll:
Oh hai.

Nelly632
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #84  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:27 pm

That might be the single most idiotic thing ever uttered in a mafia game. Let's say you're town-aligned and you die in the first day of the game (either by lynch or nightkill), how are we supposed to know what your suspicions are? You're giving away the opportunity to help the town.

Now if you're scum, you've just attempted to give yourself a free pass to day 2 without saying anything. That's just unacceptable.

If you don't recant your position, you can expect a vote from me in my next post.


What's idiotic is your belief that my opinion will sway your thinking in this game. Also what is Idiotic is everyones interest in how I play this game, we are all allowed one vote unless are role gives you furthur instructions, we have yet to reach 100 post on this game and everyone is hell bent on hearing from everyone... I believe that all of you should form different approaches to this game to be more versitile, I am currewtly in 4 seperate games and in each one of these games I have choosen to perform different stratgies in order to learn the reaction from people...

I believe it to be sad that some people will waste a perfectly good vote based on nothing much but lack of conversation but by all means procede...But honestly if you want information then fine I will post my notes for you all too see...

Post 3 is a random vote by PWS and means nothing to me…
Post 4 is PWS random vote on Ripley and once again means nothing…
Post 5 Ripley Random votes Mello and not PWS who has just cast a vote on him…
Post 6 is Booker voting for BooBoo and claiming he will give details later which is obviously a joke because we are still in the random stage…
Post 7 is my random vote on PWS because I hate him lol
Post 8 is tools random vote on me because he hates me…
Post 9 is PWS making a joke toward Booker over the details comment…
Post 10 makes a joke about Booker voting for BooBoo because his name is too long…
Post 11 Booker responds to Tools hello comment earlier giving me the impression they know each other…Then gives a crazy reason why he voted for BooBoo which I hope was a joke…
Post 12 is Ripley complaining that BooBoo & Mello are not talking…
Post 13 is the MOD saying he prodded them…
Post 14 PWS makes a joke about Bookers response earlier…
Post 15 Mello comes out and votes Ripley and claims it is not so random which makes sense because Ripley voted for him…
Post 16 BooBoo comes out and places a third vote on Ripley putting him -1 away which is odd…
Post 17 Mello unvotes quickly giving me the impression that he is town, meaning that if by some chance Ripley gets lynched and turns out to be town then BooBoo & PWS are on the top of my scum list…
Post 18 Ripley makes fun of BooBoo which is well deserved…
Post 19 PWS comes out and points out that BooBoo made a big BOO BOO LOL and then unvotes and votes for him… I actually read this as scummy, kind of like he knows now that if he keeps his vote on he will look scummy to the rest of us but actually changing the vote is what looked scummy… Maybe the two are scum buddies and he is trying to distance himself by voting for him…
Post 20 Boo Boo asks why he vote is okward…
Post 21 Boo Boo tried to push some attention toward Mello…
Post 22 Tools places a FOS on Boo Boo for good causes…
Post 23 is a talk about deathnote… THIS MADE MY DAY WOOOOO…
Post 24 Tools is just like me in not knowing what Deathnote is and asks Boo Boo to explain himself which in my eyes is asking him to talk obviously which can be considered a SCUM tell because as we all know when a person begins to talk they start to bury themselves… Actually to be more clear on that, when a person begins to defend themselves to hard they bury themselves…
Post 25 Boo Boo comes out and sticks to his Random guns which are holding by a thread because even if it was random you should have kept track of who was voted for and not put someone at -1 lynch…
Post 26 is Mello pointing out to Boo that his random vote is not what the problem is but actually placing someone at -1 is the problem… Just what I was thinking…
Post 27 Tools brings up someone in a prior game who put someone at -1 and then claimed he didn’t know… It is a good tactic in a sense, if you can talk your way out of the hole…
Post 28 Booker breaks down MAFIA basics to Boo…
Post 29 Ripley asks a stupid question in my eyes because why would he say YES? If he says Yes then he looks like scum so is he is actually scum he would have to be stupid to say yes and if he is town and says YES then he is a stupid townie…
Post 30 VOTE COUNT… I live for these moments…
Post 31 He says NO… Surprise Surprise…
Post 32 Mello is going on a trip to mello out… I slay myself!
Post 33 Tools thinks it sucks that Mello is going away…
Post 34 Boo points out to Mello that his answer to the question earlier was a yes or no… So basically saying that I am not going to say shit to you to help fuel any lynch for me…
Post 35 Tools breaks down his list, He thinks Boo is scum and isn’t sure about everyone else… Didn’t really help much in my eyes but atleast he post right LOL
Post 36 Ripley tries to trip up Boo with a variation of his other question…
Post 37 Boo responds without tripping up…
Post 38 Boo asks a legit question to Tool about defending himself which I agree with, when it comes to defending yourself you will never make everyone happy… If you stay quite you are giving up if you defend everything you are getting too defensive…
Post 39 I make a joke about being accused of being a lurker… Everyone in this game loves to preach about how we should take our time and not quick lynch but GOD FORBID someone keeps there thoughts to themselves… And before someone says “If we all kept our thoughts to ourselves what would be the point of playing” I WAS THE ONLY ONE KEEPING MY THOUGHTS TO MYSELF… So obviously it wasn’t a problem in this game…
Post 40 Tools says something about base arguments…
Post 41 WE GOT BUMPED…
Post 42 Boo says he is suspicious of PWS & Mello right now making me honestly believe that there is no connection between the 3 people who voted for Ripley…
Post 43 Booker rides Boo one more time, kind of like a father beating his young child lol…
Post 44 Ripley points out that he finds it hard to believe that Boo could have placed his vote without seeing the other two votes on him and I believe that it is possible. If a person went to Random.org and got his choice he could possibly just log in scroll down type in the name and post without even reading the thread… You want to know why? Because it was the Random stage and he probably didn’t put much thought into it…
Post 45 basing his FOS on the other two votes for Ripley…
Post 46 Correction…
Post 47 Was pretty much his way of say FU lol
Post 48 Tools eases off of Boo and says he has a decent point but doesn’t give him too much breathing room…
Post 49 Nooker says he is going out of town… Votes for PWS then says something scummy by condoning placing someone at -1 because it is good for the town…
Post 50 Boo says he will change his vote tomorrow… Classic lol
Post 51 Mello says that my “lurking” COUGH “THINKING” COUGH is the most unnerving thing so far…
Post 52 Booker questions if I will ever post…
Post 53 VOTE COUNT…. YES
Post 54 PWS questions why he has the most votes…
Post 55 I really don’t understand what Mello is saying here…
Post 56 Tools responds to Mello with nothing special…
Post 57 Mello questions boo boo for not voting tomorrow like he said he would


This is what I have been doing the entire game and I personally felt no need to share it with the rest of you but if this helps then fine... I stopped at 57 because I had things to do...

Mello
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 25, 2007
Location: California
Pronoun: He

Post Post #85  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:12 pm

Well, it looks like you have followed through with my request, and it appears that you have, indeed, been taking notes. Just understand why I was suspicious.

Seeing booboo's great insight at work in post 82, I am somewhat content with keeping my vote where it is at the moment. I'm not expecting everyone to match Ripley or Tool in terms of contribution, but at least make an effort of it.
My inactivity is inadvertent. An error occurs when I attempt to post. A friend should step in to help me soon. Sorry.

toolenduso
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #86  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:58 pm

I hate to keep pressing on this...and I don't mean to sound like an #!@hole about it, but could those notes have been fake? The fact that they stopped at 57 (possibly because he was just going back and compiling them so it would seem like he was taking them and decided to post them early?) and the fact that his post 39 kind of defends a point that hasn't yet been brought up in the game (Mello's statement that his lack of posts is unnerving came later).

You can understand at least why I'm suspicious of you?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 22, 2006
Location: Missouri
Pronoun: He

Post Post #87  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:24 pm

Nelly632 wrote:
That might be the single most idiotic thing ever uttered in a mafia game. Let's say you're town-aligned and you die in the first day of the game (either by lynch or nightkill), how are we supposed to know what your suspicions are? You're giving away the opportunity to help the town.

Now if you're scum, you've just attempted to give yourself a free pass to day 2 without saying anything. That's just unacceptable.

If you don't recant your position, you can expect a vote from me in my next post.


What's idiotic is your belief that my opinion will sway your thinking in this game. Also what is Idiotic is everyones interest in how I play this game, we are all allowed one vote unless are role gives you furthur instructions, we have yet to reach 100 post on this game and everyone is hell bent on hearing from everyone... I believe that all of you should form different approaches to this game to be more versitile, I am currewtly in 4 seperate games and in each one of these games I have choosen to perform different stratgies in order to learn the reaction from people...

I believe it to be sad that some people will waste a perfectly good vote based on nothing much but lack of conversation but by all means procede...But honestly if you want information then fine I will post my notes for you all too see...

Post 3 is a random vote by PWS and means nothing to me…
Post 4 is PWS random vote on Ripley and once again means nothing…
Post 5 Ripley Random votes Mello and not PWS who has just cast a vote on him…
Post 6 is Booker voting for BooBoo and claiming he will give details later which is obviously a joke because we are still in the random stage…
Post 7 is my random vote on PWS because I hate him lol
Post 8 is tools random vote on me because he hates me…
Post 9 is PWS making a joke toward Booker over the details comment…
Post 10 makes a joke about Booker voting for BooBoo because his name is too long…
Post 11 Booker responds to Tools hello comment earlier giving me the impression they know each other…Then gives a crazy reason why he voted for BooBoo which I hope was a joke…
Post 12 is Ripley complaining that BooBoo & Mello are not talking…
Post 13 is the MOD saying he prodded them…
Post 14 PWS makes a joke about Bookers response earlier…
Post 15 Mello comes out and votes Ripley and claims it is not so random which makes sense because Ripley voted for him…
Post 16 BooBoo comes out and places a third vote on Ripley putting him -1 away which is odd…
Post 17 Mello unvotes quickly giving me the impression that he is town, meaning that if by some chance Ripley gets lynched and turns out to be town then BooBoo & PWS are on the top of my scum list…
Post 18 Ripley makes fun of BooBoo which is well deserved…
Post 19 PWS comes out and points out that BooBoo made a big BOO BOO LOL and then unvotes and votes for him… I actually read this as scummy, kind of like he knows now that if he keeps his vote on he will look scummy to the rest of us but actually changing the vote is what looked scummy… Maybe the two are scum buddies and he is trying to distance himself by voting for him…
Post 20 Boo Boo asks why he vote is okward…
Post 21 Boo Boo tried to push some attention toward Mello…
Post 22 Tools places a FOS on Boo Boo for good causes…
Post 23 is a talk about deathnote… THIS MADE MY DAY WOOOOO…
Post 24 Tools is just like me in not knowing what Deathnote is and asks Boo Boo to explain himself which in my eyes is asking him to talk obviously which can be considered a SCUM tell because as we all know when a person begins to talk they start to bury themselves… Actually to be more clear on that, when a person begins to defend themselves to hard they bury themselves…
Post 25 Boo Boo comes out and sticks to his Random guns which are holding by a thread because even if it was random you should have kept track of who was voted for and not put someone at -1 lynch…
Post 26 is Mello pointing out to Boo that his random vote is not what the problem is but actually placing someone at -1 is the problem… Just what I was thinking…
Post 27 Tools brings up someone in a prior game who put someone at -1 and then claimed he didn’t know… It is a good tactic in a sense, if you can talk your way out of the hole…
Post 28 Booker breaks down MAFIA basics to Boo…
Post 29 Ripley asks a stupid question in my eyes because why would he say YES? If he says Yes then he looks like scum so is he is actually scum he would have to be stupid to say yes and if he is town and says YES then he is a stupid townie…
Post 30 VOTE COUNT… I live for these moments…
Post 31 He says NO… Surprise Surprise…
Post 32 Mello is going on a trip to mello out… I slay myself!
Post 33 Tools thinks it sucks that Mello is going away…
Post 34 Boo points out to Mello that his answer to the question earlier was a yes or no… So basically saying that I am not going to say shit to you to help fuel any lynch for me…
Post 35 Tools breaks down his list, He thinks Boo is scum and isn’t sure about everyone else… Didn’t really help much in my eyes but atleast he post right LOL
Post 36 Ripley tries to trip up Boo with a variation of his other question…
Post 37 Boo responds without tripping up…
Post 38 Boo asks a legit question to Tool about defending himself which I agree with, when it comes to defending yourself you will never make everyone happy… If you stay quite you are giving up if you defend everything you are getting too defensive…
Post 39 I make a joke about being accused of being a lurker… Everyone in this game loves to preach about how we should take our time and not quick lynch but GOD FORBID someone keeps there thoughts to themselves… And before someone says “If we all kept our thoughts to ourselves what would be the point of playing” I WAS THE ONLY ONE KEEPING MY THOUGHTS TO MYSELF… So obviously it wasn’t a problem in this game…
Post 40 Tools says something about base arguments…
Post 41 WE GOT BUMPED…
Post 42 Boo says he is suspicious of PWS & Mello right now making me honestly believe that there is no connection between the 3 people who voted for Ripley…
Post 43 Booker rides Boo one more time, kind of like a father beating his young child lol…
Post 44 Ripley points out that he finds it hard to believe that Boo could have placed his vote without seeing the other two votes on him and I believe that it is possible. If a person went to Random.org and got his choice he could possibly just log in scroll down type in the name and post without even reading the thread… You want to know why? Because it was the Random stage and he probably didn’t put much thought into it…
Post 45 basing his FOS on the other two votes for Ripley…
Post 46 Correction…
Post 47 Was pretty much his way of say FU lol
Post 48 Tools eases off of Boo and says he has a decent point but doesn’t give him too much breathing room…
Post 49 Nooker says he is going out of town… Votes for PWS then says something scummy by condoning placing someone at -1 because it is good for the town…
Post 50 Boo says he will change his vote tomorrow… Classic lol
Post 51 Mello says that my “lurking” COUGH “THINKING” COUGH is the most unnerving thing so far…
Post 52 Booker questions if I will ever post…
Post 53 VOTE COUNT…. YES
Post 54 PWS questions why he has the most votes…
Post 55 I really don’t understand what Mello is saying here…
Post 56 Tools responds to Mello with nothing special…
Post 57 Mello questions boo boo for not voting tomorrow like he said he would


This is what I have been doing the entire game and I personally felt no need to share it with the rest of you but if this helps then fine... I stopped at 57 because I had things to do...


Other people's opinions can and have influenced many people to change their mind. This is part of the game. Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right.
Oh hai.

toolenduso
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #88  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:09 pm

Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right.


Wow, I really like that quote. Consider yourself sigged.[/quote]
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

toolenduso
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #89  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:11 pm

Damn, it got too long. :x

Consider yourself nearly, but not quite sigged.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

Nelly632
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #90  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:54 pm

First they are not fake... Secondly they were adjusted before posting so instead of looking like I am talking to myself I made it so I was talking to all of you...

I stopped at that post because some time comsuming buissness came up and I didnt keep up with it like I wanted to...

toolenduso
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #91  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Alright, I'm starting to think it might have been not such a big deal.

There's always going to be some suspicion in the back of my mind, and it may just grow again.

But for now, unvote.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

Mello
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 25, 2007
Location: California
Pronoun: He

Post Post #92  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:34 pm

I'm in the same boat as Tool concerning you, Nelly. You're cleared for the moment, but there will always be this lingering suspicion that may never go away.

Before you clam up again, though, I have two related question that many people are probably wondering (or else will wonder about later on). Who do you suspect the most and why? Who do you suspect the least and why?

Answer these and I'll allow you to watch in silence for a while longer.
My inactivity is inadvertent. An error occurs when I attempt to post. A friend should step in to help me soon. Sorry.

toolenduso
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #93  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:12 pm

I honestly have no idea who to vote for.

If I vote for booboo, I'm voting with two people who I'm suspicious of and could be bandwagoning scum.

If I vote for PWS, I'm voting with two people who haven't said very much and could be lurking scum.

If I vote for Mello, I'm voting with somebody who put a guy at -1 on page 1.

Suddenly I feel pessimistic about the town winning this game.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

toolenduso
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #94  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:21 pm

Vote: booboodafool

It seems unlikely to me that PWS and Mello could have been setting him up in the way described. It also seems unlikely that booboo could have made such a mistake on the first page without scumtastic intent. Right now, he's the only clear choice, and the water's been muddy for a while now.

Hobey ho, mate.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

Nelly632
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #95  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:43 pm

Answer these and I'll allow you to watch in silence for a while longer.


I am assuming this was a joke?

Mello
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 25, 2007
Location: California
Pronoun: He

Post Post #96  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:15 am

Nelly632 wrote:
Answer these and I'll allow you to watch in silence for a while longer.


I am assuming this was a joke?
Yeah, it was. -_-

Ripley
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 07, 2006

Post Post #97  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:17 am

I'm still more suspicious of boobodafool than anybody else. The uselessness of his post 82, which basically says "Nelly could be mafia, or he could not be mafia" has already been noted by others. And I'm getting a sense of deliberate unhelpfulness, which taken in combination with his earlier behavior doesn't sound good. When eventually he made his decision to vote Mello rather than PWS, he gave no reason, though I suspect he knew full well he would be asked to. Then, when asked, he just quotes an earlier comment he made, which in no way explains why he picked one over the other.

toolenduso, in post 66 where you voted PWS you said you "legitimately believe he's mafia". Yet now (post 94) you're voting booboodafool, saying he's the "only clear choice right now" . Can you explain the change of mind? Do you think they're scum together, and if not what has changed your opinion of PWS?

I'd like to get Booker's response to the points I raised in Post 75 (he should be back today). And also Nelly's response to Mello's questions in Post 92.

toolenduso
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 10, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #98  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:56 pm

Well, Ripley, it was a very eventful 28 posts.

Since then we began confronting Nelly, who I was almost sure was scum. That feeling has simmered down a ways. In its wake, I relooked my views (see post 93) and found that I had never been all that suspicious of Mello and PWS in the first place. The only really hard evidence I can think of that we have at the moment is on booboo. Thus, the vote.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

booboodafool
Townie
 
Joined: July 31, 2007
Pronoun: He

Post Post #99  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:04 pm

Go ahead and vote for me. If you guys really want to lynch a townie

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games