Replacing In - Catching Up

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:23 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 0, St Constantine the Hermit wrote:I noticed there are two different communities in mafia. One community is tolerant of players replacing in without reading the whole game previous, and the other community is highly critical of replacing in and not reading the whole game previous.

There are good arguments for both, but I am with the community that is okay with players replacing in and not reading the whole game.

My reasoning is that

1. Most posts are fluff or distracting anyways
2. In most games, it is a highly difficult and unfair task to catch up
3. It is perfectly possible to scumhunt without reading the entire game (and usually what I do is go back and ISO someone who looks scum after I replace in)
4. It is much easier for a cooperative players to recap their cases and point out important events for replace ins
5. In communities where people are harassed for not having laser focus, there are usually less replace ins

I'd be in the second camp:
1. Not all posts are fluff and there is evidence, ignoring it is like cops saying they won't check a terrorist suspect's phone-calls because most of them won't be related to what they want. It's just lazy and is basically refusing to use effort to raise your chances of winning, you could argue that it's anti-town to a certain extent because of this. If you don't want to read, don't replace in honestly.
2. How is it unfair? Replacing in is a choice, part of that choice is doing the best you can as a replacement and that involves reading up. Once again, if you don't want to do this don't replace into a game. It's like becoming a chef but refusing to clean up because it's unfair, see what I mean?
If replacing is too much effort for you don't do it!
3. But you can use more evidence if you do, it's doing half the work and not using your fullest potential. Lazy.
4. Which a replacement would then not be able to understand as they don't know what's happened? And it's lazy, "let others do the work". Replacing in is work so once again, if you don't want to don't replace in.
5. ?
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Return to “Mafia Discussion”