MafiaWiki Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #271  (isolation #0)  » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:30 am

Hi :)

I first off want to thank wgeuts for updating the wiki. It looks great!

It is to my knowledge that the wiki for MafiaScum is not used by people from this forum, but also by a lot of different sites were mafia is played. I understand this because there were links to the wiki forum from where I originally played my first games at. That said, I think that while the wiki stores a crazy amount of information, I believe I have found a category that has yet to be documented on the wiki.

I don't know if it is standard prcedure to use a reads list in games, but I know that a lot of people use them. Reads lists are a great source of info where people can find where people stand on everyone in the game all in one post. Great for going back and doing POE sometimes, much like a VCA. Thing is, there is nothing in or on the wiki on reads lists. I was a little shocked when I typed "read lists" and "reads list" into the wiki and noticed there was not in fact a page devoted to them. So all I ask is if people think that this is a category that needs to be talked about in the wiki that one be done. I have really no idea who would be qualified and knowledgeable enough to write and article or description of this, but I'm sure there has to be someone out there who can do it. If its going to be an article it can talk about what, when, where, how and why to do a reads list as well as cover the different ways to do them.

Well that's really all I wanted to say. I think someone should do a page on the wiki for reads lists because I see them all the time in games and its pretty much just left up to people to figure out how to do them on their own rather than having a page devoted to it.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #275  (isolation #1)  » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:03 am

In post 273, Wisdom wrote:I don't think there is a "case" wiki page or a "votecount analysis" wiki page, is there? How to share your reads, to what amount, and if you want to do it at all or not is and should be a personal thing, not something that you should follow a wiki's instuctions in order to do.


I disagree. There is a lot of confusion in games when people are providing reads lists. I think there should be a few formal ways to do a reads list. For example: making a reads list that is in categories of town to scum. Even in this there is a few ways that you can do it. I just think there should be some kind of standards for what is an appropriate way to share reads. I know I have in games made reads list based off the order of the player roster and not into categories of most town to most scum. Its little things like that that I think people should have knowledge of. If there is no standard on how to do a reads list then it remains completely up in the air and people are going to make them in ways that don't make sense.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #278  (isolation #2)  » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:15 am

In post 276, wgeurts wrote:Make an article yourself on how you think a readslist should be, I can always sort it if needed. It's your own view and a formal-standard would require a lot of people to support it and even then people could deviate. A reads list is a way of doing something, people do it differently.


I'd be willing to do that even though I am probably far from the best person to do the job just so we have something about it on the wiki. I will need a little help with knowing how to format the article, but I suppose I could copy from another article to get enough info so it doesn't look like complete crap.

PEdit: Yes I agree with that and I think it would be good to include that sort of thing in the article
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #279  (isolation #3)  » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Wisdom, I know you're not in favor of a wiki being done on reads lists, but do you or wgeuts know of anyone who gives them frequently who is a vet here with a decent amount of experience? I don't want my first wiki I do be complete garbage so I would like to either hand it over to someone else or do a collaboration with someone.

[Edit] I really don't think I am the right person for the job. I do however think something is better that nothing for this topic.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #285  (isolation #4)  » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:43 pm

In post 282, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 275, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 273, Wisdom wrote:I don't think there is a "case" wiki page or a "votecount analysis" wiki page, is there? How to share your reads, to what amount, and if you want to do it at all or not is and should be a personal thing, not something that you should follow a wiki's instuctions in order to do.


I disagree. There is a lot of confusion in games when people are providing reads lists. I think there should be a few formal ways to do a reads list. For example: making a reads list that is in categories of town to scum. Even in this there is a few ways that you can do it. I just think there should be some kind of standards for what is an appropriate way to share reads. I know I have in games made reads list based off the order of the player roster and not into categories of most town to most scum. Its little things like that that I think people should have knowledge of. If there is no standard on how to do a reads list then it remains completely up in the air and people are going to make them in ways that don't make sense.

holy shit no


Formal and correct were bad ways of saying it. I rethought it and I agree that there should not be a standard way to do reads list. I did provide some thoughts on how do one in a wiki. Is prolly crap and will prolly largely be rejected from the community, but what can I do? I already made it. Just read it and tell me how bad it is. You can find it Here. I can try and see if I can take it down if people don't like what I have written.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #286  (isolation #5)  » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:44 pm

Feel free to abuse me on this wiki in this thread. Its prolly terrible and should never have been done.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #337  (isolation #6)  » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:47 am

What kinds of sites are blocked for links on the wiki?
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #339  (isolation #7)  » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:08 am

In post 338, wgeurts wrote:I don't know, but I can't change it either I think.


I ask because I wanted to link every game I had recollection of playing and I couldn't for some reason.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #341  (isolation #8)  » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:43 am

How about adding AI and NAI to the terms and abbreviations?
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #350  (isolation #9)  » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:26 am

In post 349, zoraster wrote:so i mean to return to this soon, but one big thing we need to do is more heavily brand the wiki. Every page should make it obvious that it's a mafiascum thing and contain a linkback to the forum.


I totally agree. Its been kinda annoying considering if you go to the wiki from the site it doesn't take you to a new tab.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #353  (isolation #10)  » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:35 am

In post 352, zoraster wrote:I think the name "MafiaWiki" should probably be "Mafiascum Wiki" or some such.


I like the idea of calling it "MafiaScum Wiki" a lot. Other sites do it, we might as well do it as well. It will bring people to the site from other sites who don't have their own wiki and use this one a lot.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #358  (isolation #11)  » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:13 am

Was hoping that the message at the top would be... bigger? Its whatever.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #359  (isolation #12)  » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:14 am

Also, it hasn't changed yet???
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #379  (isolation #13)  » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:05 pm

In post 360, Kison wrote:Made it a little larger & applied both changes so you can take a look now.


Ahhh, much better... hard to miss now, just like it should be. *nods head with satisfaction*
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #407  (isolation #14)  » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:48 pm

In post 405, mastina wrote:[*]Readslist: A form of a player revealing their reads on other players.


I already did this and got shit on for doing it:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... erspective
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #410  (isolation #15)  » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:58 am

As long as we are making requests for articles, I think it would be good to have an advanced article on Timing per Content. So much can be said based on when it is said and what is said. Out of the few players I know, players like Transcend and Firebringer seem to be good at this. Their minimalist approach lends it self to good timing sometimes even more that what is even said. I'm sure there are plenty of people who could do this article.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #432  (isolation #16)  » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:58 am

SR=Scum Read
TR=Town Read

These should be added to the abbreviations page.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #436  (isolation #17)  » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:55 pm

I don't agree with taking abbreviations off the wiki?
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #438  (isolation #18)  » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:03 pm

In post 437, Mathdino wrote:I did a search for the abbreviations I was removing just in case. If you can google or Wiktionary an abbreviation, it probably doesn't belong on the Mafia Wiki.

The most basic argument I have is that abbreviations are to facilitate communication, and making the page unnecessarily long and filled with abbreviations that people don't actually use, hampers that.


You are assuming that the present state of abbreviations doesn't change/revert.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...

LicketyQuickety
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: May 14, 2015
Location: No man's land.
Pronoun: He

Post Post #483  (isolation #19)  » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:53 pm

Most of the IC's do a shit job of teaching newbies the ropes.

I don't IC because I don't want to fuck up on theory. The thing is, it's quite ambiguous what even is "standard theory" anymore. smh.
"...(I also think that meta-diving LQ proves that he's a "non-traditional" player (whatever that means) more than his words do)." ~Nachomamma8
Galatians 2:4 Yet because of false brothers secretly brought in—who slipped in to spy out sour freedom that we have in Christ Jesus, so that they might bring us into slavery— 5a to them we did not yield in submission even for a moment...


[ + ]

Return to Mafia Discussion