Mini 1732 - Super Smash Bros. Project M(afia) - D7!

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Post by Davsto »

Confirm
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by Davsto »

I imagine Nana is a themed alt for this game.

VOTE: MarioManiac because I've played all the games with you.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Davsto »

Ahh, maybe someone's Popo and they can post from both their account and Nana's? Either through having both accounts, or PMing the mod so they can't just confirm themselves.

PEdit whelp that's a mystery solved.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Davsto »

That would be difficult for me since I don't consider any of you to be real people.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Davsto »

Yes
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Davsto »

Wait shit I slipped gdi rip
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 35, LicketyQuickety wrote:Wow, this game has bad form. No one talking about my "every VT should cliam" claim? For shame!

Presuming you're truthing, chances are you're the only VT, and the Role Madness game's arbitrary VT.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 38, Metal Sonic wrote:
dayvig davsto

Good bye

Ow my spleen
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 43, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 39, Davsto wrote:chances are you're the only VT,

Don't like this - only like 4 or 5 out of 14 players have posted. How can you assume there's only one VT?

Role Madness. It's decent to assume. Also other VTs please don't claim thanks it lets scum know not to target you
Metal Sonic wrote:
Arrow of Light: Davsto

oops
ow my other spleen
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by Davsto »

LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 51, Metal Sonic wrote:Mod can we know how many players in the game and how many to lynch?

Newb question. Don't like it. You've played a newbie. Don't like at all.
Presumably he was asking it because of Nana. This is a bad post.
In post 46, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 35, LicketyQuickety wrote:Wow, this game has bad form. No one talking about my "every VT should cliam" claim? For shame!

On this topic, does anyone have a triforce? This a highly important question.

*waves*
smiffle wrote:

Vote: Lickety
why should everyone do that? is there strategic value or something?
This is a terrible vote
VOTE: smiffle
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #70 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Davsto »

Dammit you spoiled OoT for me

D:

Sheik is man-Zelda
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #95 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by Davsto »

Here you go MS
I also think MS is crumbing Sonic with his username :P
smiffle wrote:if Dav is town, then why is my vote shit? riddle me this
'cause you saw an opportunity to vote and you grabbed it. It doesn't look like you genuinely found it scummy. You didn't prod or poke or ask questions about it before voting, you just voted.

Okay I'm gonna go to sleep because it's 5:30 AM why the fuck am I awake bye people don't post too much before I return please
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #102 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 97, Metal Sonic wrote:Is that manzelda???

Okay I read this as Mandela for a second and now I'm just thinking "Nelson Manzelda" and giggling like an idiot

I need sleep I'm actually going now
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #156 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 153, MarioManiac4 wrote:oh shit forgot to claim
part of my role is X-Shot Ascetic

You might want to check if a shot is used up each time you are targeted or each night you are targeted.

I have slept and still am tired because I was a stupid who woke up at stupid time
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #162 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:51 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 160, Metal Sonic wrote:Those were fake. Btoom was real. But he's ascetic. How convenient.

How does Ascetic stop it from working? It's still a kill, right? Or is that not how Ascetic works with the percentage mechanics?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #170 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 166, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'd like to have a serious conversation about this whole % thing if you guys wouldn't mind? I'd done being silly and am playing for real now so can we talk about this % thing?

If I had a guess I'd say that our abilities rack up the % and after so much if someone does a -> A they go flying off the screen or something?

Dav mentioning kill already is really bizarre to me.

I thought that MS' "BTOOM" thing was a dayvig of sorts. Was wondering how Ascetic relates to the % mechanic, since according to OP there are no standard kills.

Does Ascetic mean "nothing affects it apart from moves increasing %" or does it mean "everything" since there are no standard kills?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #179 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:24 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 172, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 170, Davsto wrote:
In post 166, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'd like to have a serious conversation about this whole % thing if you guys wouldn't mind? I'd done being silly and am playing for real now so can we talk about this % thing?

If I had a guess I'd say that our abilities rack up the % and after so much if someone does a -> A they go flying off the screen or something?

Dav mentioning kill already is really bizarre to me.

I thought that MS' "BTOOM" thing was a dayvig of sorts. Was wondering how Ascetic relates to the % mechanic, since according to OP there are no standard kills.

Does Ascetic mean "nothing affects it apart from moves increasing %" or does it mean "everything" since there are no standard kills?

Obviously you have a killing role, that much is clear. I thought when he said "everything" that he was saying anyone who targets him he learns about that person or something. Mario can you clear this up please?

Oiy, what can of worms did I open this game O.o

Um, no? I'm not a killing role. I just thought from the whole opening post regarding % that it was the main killing method in this rather than kills, and I was interested in how ascetic affected that. Testing the validity of Mario's claim, to an extent.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #196 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:56 am

Post by Davsto »

Okay so right now I'm getting the feeling from LQ that he is purposely being obtuse.

Lickety wrote:And what do you make out of marios alignment being all ascetic?
Pretty sure it means nothing.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #205 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:11 am

Post by Davsto »

Give me a good reason why Ascetic should be indicative of alignment.

As long as I believe the claim - and the specificness of the whole "3-shot" and "each person targeting" thing is making me believe it - I at least know he's not lying.

But, 9/10 times, role abilities are non-indicative of alignment. Particularly in role madness games. Mods love to put super scummy roles as town to break massclaims.

I'm decently well versed in mafia. I'm not omniscient. Ascetic can appear as both town or scum. Speculating which alignment Mario is purely because he's Ascetic is stupid. End of.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #215 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:15 am

Post by Davsto »

I wanna say that LQ is scum but honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting (sue me) and I still think there's a chance that LQ is just dim, to put it politely. He seems genuine in believing I should be able to summon more about that ascetic.

Also, I don't see what is significant about him claiming Ascetic early. It's quite a common thing, I know I did in the first game I was ascetic. It stops Docs wasting protects. I'm not gonna put MM in conftown or anything for that claim but definitely leaning town.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #228 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:22 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 226, Wanderer-nl wrote:
In post 206, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 205, Davsto wrote:Give me a good reason why Ascetic should be indicative of alignment.

As long as I believe the claim - and the specificness of the whole "3-shot" and "each person targeting" thing is making me believe it - I at least know he's not lying.

But, 9/10 times, role abilities are non-indicative of alignment. Particularly in role madness games. Mods love to put super scummy roles as town to break massclaims.

I'm decently well versed in mafia. I'm not omniscient. Ascetic can appear as both town or scum. Speculating which alignment Mario is purely because he's Ascetic is stupid. End of.

I would have not had to make all those posts asking you to give your thoughts on ascetic if you would have just said this in the first place. Did you think this was common knowledge or something so not even worth discussing or what? I do however, find it weird that you're willing to believe that MM is in fact ascetic just taking him at his word. You seem to understand some in depth things about the ascetic role, however, you once again fail at explaining thing to the degree that they should be thought about. It should be well apparent that in this game the implication of someone being ascetic, let alone claiming it
withing the first 24 hours
should be at least cause to think somewhat indepthly about the subject given that you are as you say well versed in mafia. But lets say you are 100% correct in this. Surely this would say a great deal about MM for claiming ascetic within the
first what 12 hours of the thread opening?
I am tempted to believe that you are just not trying too hard to solve this game at this point in time. IIRC, MM did not in fact give much of a reason to believe that his claim was true. Why did you believe him out of curiosity?

So this what I bolded kinda really gives me the idea that you're trying to make Davsto look as bad as you possibly can.

You're only just getting this picture?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #245 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Davsto »

But idk because usually it's "all actions hit except kills" but it's unclear if the whole % thing is classed as kills or not

anywho

let's move on
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #250 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Davsto »

well you (obviously) but Lickety is rubbing me the wrong way too and I think you're both scum but I really don't see you both being scum.
Don't currently have a third. Will have no time to stuff tomorrow morning so expect some more in a longer while.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #269 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 263, smiffle wrote:
In post 215, Davsto wrote:I wanna say that LQ is scum but honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting (sue me) and I still think there's a chance that LQ is just dim, to put it politely. He seems genuine in believing I should be able to summon more about that ascetic.

Hey, considering that All Alone pointed out the terrible reason you voted me to begin with, why are you still on my wagon?

I tend to trust myself more than I trust others whose alignments I am unaware of. Not because I think I'm "better", but because I know my reads come from a town perspective. I have no idea on All Alone's motives.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #409 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 286, GuiltyLion wrote:I agree with All Alone's point against Davsto, but I've seen him get mislynched for similar reasons before in other games. Taking a bit of a 'wait and see' on him, but he's in my suspect pool.

What games?
In post 307, GuiltyLion wrote:I have a completed game with ASP where he lurked and was mislynched for it on D1, Micro 533.
Just to clarify, I've played with lurking ASP too. Didn't get lynched for ages but generally dragged down the town. If I remember correctly, he was VLA for a while and then left VLA and his amount of posting stayed about the same.
In post 286, GuiltyLion wrote:I agree with All Alone's point against Davsto, but I've seen him get mislynched for similar reasons before in other games. Taking a bit of a 'wait and see' on him, but he's in my suspect pool.

What games?
In post 307, GuiltyLion wrote:I have a completed game with ASP where he lurked and was mislynched for it on D1, Micro 533.
Just to clarify, I've played with lurking ASP too. Didn't get lynched for ages but generally dragged down the town.
In post 342, Gendaberry wrote:VOTE: Davsto

I think this ISO is pretty bad. Apart from calling smiffle's first vote awful, he hasn't done anything to scumhunt at all despite having a decent number of posts.
He seems more preoccupied with setup/role speculation then actually catching scum.
I can be bad at scumhunting a large amount early on so I setup spec so I can actually provide help.
In post 351, smiffle wrote:(psst, ms, you're right, and I'm a dumb-ass)

But seriously, what is up with Nana? Will she only respond if we vote her?
The vote count blatantly states she has a vote, so it has to be triggered by something...
Okay, this is a bizarre thing to change a read on (although I was fairly unsure on smiffle at first), but I feel that if he were scum and thought it was this, he probably wouldn't mention it, to try and let townies get hammered. Potentially even get a quickhammer in and walk off without even being at fault. I'm thinking maybe he's just slightly off town more than scum? I don't know, I'll see.
In post 370, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 368, Tails wrote:What makes you say that?

He tried to fish for triforces earlier, and as noted
only 3 flavored
have triforces (even I know this), one is super bad villain

When I probed him, he couldn't answer, meaning he is bad

Guilty lion noted he was a ganon and even I know he is main evil
Actually, potentially up to 5 Triforce flavours, looking at Project M. Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf.
In post 387, GuiltyLion wrote:Okay, my thing with Lickety is do you really feel like scum is gonna be saying trolly stuff like , , , , etc? I get that 'so reckless that scum wouldn't do it' isn't a compelling argument for towniness, but I don't think there's much there that's significantly scum-indicative either. I thought by Tails was a particularly weak case because point 1 seems to imply he's scum for limiting his scumreads and then point 3 implies he is scum for casting suspicion on a wide number of people.

Plus it's not like the things LQ is actually doing have anti-town motivation to them, and there's several posts in his ISO where he makes insightful pushes or asks useful directed questions.

Regardless, he's chosen to introduce the WIFOM of "is this guy actually town or not?" at a few points in his play, which is why I wouldn't shed a tear if he got vigged. Eventually town will have to deal with him, but I don't think he's gonna make a useful D1 lynch and I think pushing him is basically the easiest thing one can do at the moment.

I like these recent posts from Metal Sonic.

VOTE: Davsto
*series of text completely unrelated to me*
*vote on me*
???
In post 408, GuiltyLion wrote:Reasoning for my davsto vote is simply that he's voting for a townread and that another townread is voting him.
[/quote]Oh lovely, the best kind of read. Like seriously, this is just yeh.
UNVOTE: smiffle, I'm feeling less sure on him. Not sure about another candidate though.
VOTE: Guilty because his defense on LQ looks white knight-y, his vote on me is chainsaw-y and weak.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #412 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 411, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 409, Davsto wrote:*series of text completely unrelated to me*
*vote on me*
???

[snip]

Oh lovely, the best kind of read. Like seriously, this is just yeh.

I'm becoming rather fond of naked votes, they make people react in informative ways. Do you think people will seriously lynch you just because of my vote?
One game I got quicklynched in about fifteen minutes from one super-scummy vote. I get worried.

In post 409, Davsto wrote:
because his defense on LQ looks white knight-y, his vote on me is chainsaw-y and weak.

You're better than this, this isn't giving me a reason to suddenly think you're town. You said earlier you don't really have a strong candidate... did you consider that I am in the same boat?

I see that you requested to know which games that I remember seeing you mislynched, I'm at work so I can't exactly meta dive but I promise I'll pull up the games I was thinking of later tonight or tomorrow. I remember a newbie game with pirate mollie and vedith? and a micro, possibly that one where everyone gets multiple votes.
Former is ongoing so shh, and the latter I was scum. I'm kinda tetchy when people get a meta read on me that isn't right.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #480 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 453, All Alone wrote:
In post 215, Davsto wrote:honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting

confirm vote

In post 205, Davsto wrote:Speculating which alignment Mario is purely because he's Ascetic is stupid. End of.

In post 215, Davsto wrote:I'm not gonna put MM in conftown or anything for that claim but definitely leaning town.

confirm vote

In post 269, Davsto wrote:
In post 215, Davsto wrote:I wanna say that LQ is scum but honestly I still prefer whatsisname I'm voting (sue me) and I still think there's a chance that LQ is just dim, to put it politely. He seems genuine in believing I should be able to summon more about that ascetic.

Hey, considering that All Alone pointed out the terrible reason you voted me to begin with, why are you still on my wagon?

I tend to trust myself more than I trust others whose alignments I am unaware of. Not because I think I'm "better", but because I know my reads come from a town perspective. I have no idea on All Alone's motives.

confirm vote

In post 412, Davsto wrote:
*vote on me*
???

[snip]

I'm becoming rather fond of naked votes, they make people react in informative ways. Do you think people will seriously lynch you just because of my vote?
One game I got quicklynched in about fifteen minutes from one super-scummy vote. I get worried.

confirm vote

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #481 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Davsto »

But seriously, posts like that are bad. They don't even have to state reasons, they judt quote things and let the reader fill in the blank. Rather than risking inconsistency, they just quotes a bunch of things and let people interpret it their own way.

All Alone, explain every damn one of those "reasons" to me with some detail.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #507 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Davsto »

godammit Firebringer

following me at every turn

D:
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #514 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:09 am

Post by Davsto »

Yeh, I think the general consensus was:

Who the fuck are you? What are you? Why are you here? Why did she leave me?

maybe not that last one
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #517 (isolation #30) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Davsto »

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #565 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 557, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 483, Gendaberry wrote:
In post 359, Tails wrote:
In post 342, Gendaberry wrote:
I think this ISO is pretty bad. Apart from calling smiffle's first vote awful, he hasn't done anything to scumhunt at all despite having a decent number of posts. He seems more preoccupied with setup/role speculation then actually catching scum.

How is this worse than what Lickity has done?

It isn't, you're right

VOTE: Lickity

@Lickity - Now that you're townreading pretty much the only player you've pressured this game, do you plan on actually looking for scum or is that not something we should look forward to? You've interacted with almost everyone by now, do something with it.

I don't like the accusatory tone of this question like you already have a lock on me that I am Scum. I don't see how what I did changing a read is any means for scum motivation. I don't like that you are telling me I have to hurry up and produce stuff. I've contributed plenty and it takes a while for stuff to ferment to the point where stuff can actually be solved. I'm not good as solving stuff logically, but I do try to set up psychological tell that I am working on trying to interpret and that takes time. I'm currently newb status at doing this I'll admit, but my reasoning is sometimes pretty good, but it takes time and a lot of the time it helps to have a real vet to get stuff out of what I do, since I don't actually understand some of the stuff I do. I also don't like the complete agreeableness when, lets face it, Tails ISO doesn't look too good FMPOV. Tails ISO consist of saying "You Scum. I'm not going to explain anything, but I still think there is no reason for me to be wrong."

In post 528, Gendaberry wrote:
In post 484, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'll deal with this later. I have another game that is about to start and I have to read like 26 pages (25ppp).

So are you planning on addressing this or are you just going to ignore it? Scumreading me won't make the fact that you've done very little recently any less true.

Again with the smug question like that's any indication of my alignment. It almost sounds like you are doing a "Ha! I caught you Scum and there's nothing you can do about it!" when there's really not much there.

Regarding the last paragraph: is he honestly calling Genda thinking he's scum a scumtell?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #574 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:46 am

Post by Davsto »

Thanks!
In post 573, All Alone wrote:

I don't think a townie would go out of their way to make it vague who they're voting like this. Townies almost always want more attention on the players they're voting. But if you're scum and you're just trying to vote park, a cutesy nickname doesn't get in your way at all. And both your smiffle and GuiltyLion votes read like vote parks, so.
I genuinely forgot his name, and didn't have the effort to look it up.

In post 205, Davsto wrote:Speculating which alignment Mario is purely because he's Ascetic is stupid. End of.

In post 215, Davsto wrote:I'm not gonna put MM in conftown or anything for that claim but definitely leaning town.

I really don't see a good reason why you would adamantly insist that it's stupid to speculate about Mario's alignment based on his ascetic claim, and then ten posts later speculate about Mario's alignment based on his ascetic claim. Seeing how Mario called you town in the time between those posts, it reads like you just decided to call him town just to stay buddies with him.
I didn't townread him because of the Ascetic, it was more on the way he claimed it. Scum would keep it a secret to waste the actions of power roles. Speculating purely on the role, that was what I disagreed with. Speculating because of him claiming the role, is fine.

This is a complete non-answer. You managed to answer the question "why are you still voting smiffle" without even mentioning smiffle. Not even off-handedly. If you legitimately felt you had a good reason to vote smiffle, I'm pretty sure you would have brought it up here.
He was asking me to remove the vote because you said so. I said why doing that because you said so was bad. If he'd asked why I was keeping my vote on him point-wise, I'd have answered that. He talked about you, so I talked about you.

*vote on me*
???

[snip]

One-game self-meta is how scum try to prove they're town, because once you have enough games, you can use it to prove just about anything is your towngame. This is a pretty transparent example of that: being that the most popular wagon has always been Lickety, I seriously doubt you would be worried about getting quicklynched here. As a result, this doesn't read like you're genuinely explaining your behavior, it reads like you're just scrounging the bottom of the meta barrel to make a towncase for yourself.
I never brought my alignment into this. My one-game-experience thing has nothing to do with my alignment, it was purely to do with me being quicklynched. Stop projecting.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #584 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:53 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 581, GuiltyLion wrote:Davsto can you stop defending yourself and start telling us about your reads on other players? Everything you've posted since is solely intended to tell us you aren't scum (other than , which is just throwing shade on LQ). Am I still your top scumread? Are you still scumreading smiffle? What do you think of LQ? What do you think of literally any other player?

Spoiler: look at all the commenting on stuff I'm not doing!
In post 409, Davsto wrote:

What games?
Just to clarify, I've played with lurking ASP too. Didn't get lynched for ages but generally dragged down the town. If I remember correctly, he was VLA for a while and then left VLA and his amount of posting stayed about the same.

What games?
Just to clarify, I've played with lurking ASP too. Didn't get lynched for ages but generally dragged down the town.
In post 342, Gendaberry wrote:VOTE: Davsto

I think this ISO is pretty bad. Apart from calling smiffle's first vote awful, he hasn't done anything to scumhunt at all despite having a decent number of posts.
He seems more preoccupied with setup/role speculation then actually catching scum.
I can be bad at scumhunting a large amount early on so I setup spec so I can actually provide help.
In post 351, smiffle wrote:(psst, ms, you're right, and I'm a dumb-ass)

But seriously, what is up with Nana? Will she only respond if we vote her?
The vote count blatantly states she has a vote, so it has to be triggered by something...
Okay, this is a bizarre thing to change a read on (although I was fairly unsure on smiffle at first), but I feel that if he were scum and thought it was this, he probably wouldn't mention it, to try and let townies get hammered. Potentially even get a quickhammer in and walk off without even being at fault. I'm thinking maybe he's just slightly off town more than scum? I don't know, I'll see.

In post 370, Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 368, Tails wrote:What makes you say that?

He tried to fish for triforces earlier, and as noted
only 3 flavored
have triforces (even I know this), one is super bad villain

When I probed him, he couldn't answer, meaning he is bad

Guilty lion noted he was a ganon and even I know he is main evil
Actually, potentially up to 5 Triforce flavours, looking at Project M. Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf.
In post 387, GuiltyLion wrote:Okay, my thing with Lickety is do you really feel like scum is gonna be saying trolly stuff like , , , , etc? I get that 'so reckless that scum wouldn't do it' isn't a compelling argument for towniness, but I don't think there's much there that's significantly scum-indicative either. I thought by Tails was a particularly weak case because point 1 seems to imply he's scum for limiting his scumreads and then point 3 implies he is scum for casting suspicion on a wide number of people.

Plus it's not like the things LQ is actually doing have anti-town motivation to them, and there's several posts in his ISO where he makes insightful pushes or asks useful directed questions.

Regardless, he's chosen to introduce the WIFOM of "is this guy actually town or not?" at a few points in his play, which is why I wouldn't shed a tear if he got vigged. Eventually town will have to deal with him, but I don't think he's gonna make a useful D1 lynch and I think pushing him is basically the easiest thing one can do at the moment.

I like these recent posts from Metal Sonic.

VOTE: Davsto
*series of text completely unrelated to me*
*vote on me*
???

In post 408, GuiltyLion wrote:Reasoning for my davsto vote is simply that he's voting for a townread and that another townread is voting him.
UNVOTE: smiffle, I'm feeling less sure on him. Not sure about another candidate though.
VOTE: Guilty because his defense on LQ looks white knight-y, his vote on me is chainsaw-y and weak.
[/quote]
In post 480, Davsto wrote:
In post 453, All Alone wrote:

confirm vote

confirm vote

confirm vote

*vote on me*
???

[snip]

confirm vote

this thing

In post 481, Davsto wrote:
But seriously, posts like that are bad. They don't even have to state reasons, they judt quote things and let the reader fill in the blank. Rather than risking inconsistency, they just quotes a bunch of things and let people interpret it their own way.

All Alone, explain every damn one of those "reasons" to me with some detail.

In post 565, Davsto wrote:
In post 557, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 483, Gendaberry wrote:
In post 359, Tails wrote:
In post 342, Gendaberry wrote:
I think this ISO is pretty bad. Apart from calling smiffle's first vote awful, he hasn't done anything to scumhunt at all despite having a decent number of posts. He seems more preoccupied with setup/role speculation then actually catching scum.

How is this worse than what Lickity has done?

It isn't, you're right

VOTE: Lickity

@Lickity - Now that you're townreading pretty much the only player you've pressured this game, do you plan on actually looking for scum or is that not something we should look forward to? You've interacted with almost everyone by now, do something with it.

I don't like the accusatory tone of this question like you already have a lock on me that I am Scum. I don't see how what I did changing a read is any means for scum motivation. I don't like that you are telling me I have to hurry up and produce stuff. I've contributed plenty and it takes a while for stuff to ferment to the point where stuff can actually be solved. I'm not good as solving stuff logically, but I do try to set up psychological tell that I am working on trying to interpret and that takes time. I'm currently newb status at doing this I'll admit, but my reasoning is sometimes pretty good, but it takes time and a lot of the time it helps to have a real vet to get stuff out of what I do, since I don't actually understand some of the stuff I do. I also don't like the complete agreeableness when, lets face it, Tails ISO doesn't look too good FMPOV. Tails ISO consist of saying "You Scum. I'm not going to explain anything, but I still think there is no reason for me to be wrong."

In post 528, Gendaberry wrote:
In post 484, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'll deal with this later. I have another game that is about to start and I have to read like 26 pages (25ppp).

So are you planning on addressing this or are you just going to ignore it? Scumreading me won't make the fact that you've done very little recently any less true.

Again with the smug question like that's any indication of my alignment. It almost sounds like you are doing a "Ha! I caught you Scum and there's nothing you can do about it!" when there's really not much there.

Regarding the last paragraph: is he honestly calling Genda thinking he's scum a scumtell?
At least act like you're reading my posts before making comments like that.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #586 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:09 am

Post by Davsto »

One of them is literally my read on smiffle

jfc, pay attention.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #591 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 590, smiffle wrote:Dav, what is that even a picture of? An underground tunnel?
Tunneling, or confirmation bias. Basically, a term meaning that All Alone seems more concerned in reading everything I do in a way that supports his hypothesis than actually analysing it.
To stop you from defending everything anyone asks you, what's your read on Firebringer's entry to the thread?
Oh jeez, someone asking me to read Firebringer? When will people learn that I can't read the sneaky bastard. I'll have a go.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #592 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Davsto »

Yeh, Fire's posts are standard Fire. Nothing readable for me there.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #665 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:16 pm

Post by Davsto »

To be fair though, Nana is being a lurker.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #691 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:50 pm

Post by Davsto »

Smooth, Fire.

Nana is probably town. Meat shield for whoever's flavour role is Popo, second account allowing a double vote, I don't know. But I don't see it being anything other than a distraction.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #701 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:06 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 698, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 695, Firebringer wrote:What the 'right' amount of theory crafting?

One step of setup assumption: OK

3 Three or more setup assumptions: Red flag galore.

Setup speculation/assumption is very common for me.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #705 (isolation #40) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 702, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 701, Davsto wrote:
In post 698, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 695, Firebringer wrote:What the 'right' amount of theory crafting?

One step of setup assumption: OK

3 Three or more setup assumptions: Red flag galore.

Setup speculation/assumption is very common for me.

Then you need to stop doing it cuz I will be scum reading you for it until proven otherwise.

I'm not going to stop doing things that I find helpful just because you tell me not to, broski.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #711 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Post by Davsto »

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #743 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:18 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 740, LicketyQuickety wrote:If Mario flips scum we have 3 confirmed Town. Nana, Dav and Myself.

How would I be confirmed town if Mario flipped scum?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #775 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:34 am

Post by Davsto »

I'm not Link?

Neutral modified post-trapper serial killer 3-shot reflexive roleblocker
Bro wtf does this even mean
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #776 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:35 am

Post by Davsto »

I've got most of it but "modified post-trapper" wut even
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #778 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:42 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 409, Davsto wrote:Actually, potentially up to 5 Triforce flavours, looking at Project M. Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #781 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:45 am

Post by Davsto »

Neutral modified post-trapper serial killer 3-shot reflexive roleblocker

@mod Bro wtf does this even mean
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #793 (isolation #47) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:44 am

Post by Davsto »

On one hand this whole "I know two non-towns for certain" thing from Metal seems all-too convenient.

On the other hand I can see Xtoxm as scum.

I'm conflicted.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #801 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:49 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 795, Xtoxm wrote:i am a neutral survivor. ive approached the game in a town way and have every intention of continuing to do so.

lynch me if you want

/shrug

my ability is real and still means something, presumably.

bastard game yeah but. making someone a survivor and then telling someone else they are not town. what is the point. at least give me a safeclaim if ur gonna do that shit :roll:

survivor is not town, to be fair.
Metal Sonic wrote:
In post 793, Davsto wrote:On one hand this whole "I know two non-towns for certain" thing from Metal seems all-too convenient.

On the other hand I can see Xtoxm as scum.

I'm conflicted.

if you are link you should stop this waffling
I'm not Link.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #837 (isolation #49) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Davsto »

VOTE: Xtoxm

It's always tough to be given survivor. Sorry, bro.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #853 (isolation #50) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:58 am

Post by Davsto »

Well safe claim usually just means that no-one else has that role but man, that's harsh :/
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #858 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Davsto »

Oh I remember some of you were asking for a nameclaim.

Well here it is. Sort of.

Spoiler: For those of you who can't figure
Nelson Manzelda
Manzelda
Sheik
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #866 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Davsto »

guys did y'all see my claim

watch the video

it's educational
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #876 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Davsto »

Generally speaking, "safeclaim" = "you won't be counterclaimed". I'm guessing that's what von meant. Not technically lying. But still kinda bastardy anyway.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #958 (isolation #54) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by Davsto »

Okay, so with Xtoxm.

He's claimed survivor. Quite simply, we'll have to lynch him sometime.

It doesn't matter when we lynch Xtoxm, we'll always have the same info, and that is he is survivor.
If we lynch Xtoxm, say, tomorrow, we have less info for today's lynch, reducing the chances of it hitting scum.
If we lynch Xtoxm today, we'll have more info for our first time we attempt to lynch scum.

Got it?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1032 (isolation #55) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:44 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 961, Tails wrote:
In post 958, Davsto wrote:
He's claimed survivor. Quite simply, we'll have to lynch him sometime.

No we don't.

If we lynch Xtoxm, say, tomorrow, we have less info for today's lynch, reducing the chances of it hitting scum.

I see you're going with the appeal to fear.

If we lynch Xtoxm today, we'll have more info for our first time we attempt to lynch scum.

No. We'll just have more dead townies and WIFOM.

Look, if you're really sure on another lynch target, go ahead.

But letting Xtoxm live to lylo is a terrible idea. He's a survivor; he couldn't give a shit about who wins, he'll just vote with whoever votes first.

Or maybe he's potentially even scum (sk?) hoping to skate by on a survivor claim and hope the WIFOM of it all leaves him alive. I mean, scum won't kill him.

The fact is, leaving alive someone who we know 100% isn't town is not a good idea. Ever.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1035 (isolation #56) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:08 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1033, Xtoxm wrote:I am a triforce daycop so I can help find Link.

Okay now you're talking.

UNVOTE:
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1040 (isolation #57) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Post by Davsto »

If you don't mind, I'll check the number of votes first.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1041 (isolation #58) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:50 pm

Post by Davsto »

Just checked, if my maths is correct (and I see no reason to believe otherwise) this is the sixth vote.

VOTE: Wanderer-nl
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1043 (isolation #59) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:56 pm

Post by Davsto »

That's L-1, LQ.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1046 (isolation #60) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:59 pm

Post by Davsto »

Oh yeh, forgot Mario died, I thought mine was L-2 because 14 players :/

fuq
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1071 (isolation #61) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:06 am

Post by Davsto »

Believe me, A Simple Plan does basically nothing in every game I've seen him in. It's not really alignment indicative.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1143 (isolation #62) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Post by Davsto »

But Firebringer is being clearly scum, imo. He's playing up his usual stubborness and anger to ridiculous levels to avoid contributing or even answering questions.

VOTE: Firebringer
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1145 (isolation #63) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:16 pm

Post by Davsto »

I thought ika used to be Metal Sonic who "knew" that Ganon was scum?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1146 (isolation #64) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:16 pm

Post by Davsto »

Like, consistency ffs.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1148 (isolation #65) » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:42 pm

Post by Davsto »

So you think he's a role that knows for sure that knows for sure that two people's flavours are non-town
and
has an inspect?

I'd buy into the Lyncher theory for the pure ridiculousness of his push on Xtoxm, but then why would he have claimed he knew that Link was non-town too?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1154 (isolation #66) » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:06 am

Post by Davsto »

I mean, if ika claimed Lyncher, I'd honestly just go along with it because that means we get two third parties out of the way by lynching Xtoxm, or potentially a scum and a lyncher.

But until then, I'm happy with a Firebringer vote.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1234 (isolation #67) » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by Davsto »

Is ika lyncher? If so, it means we've almost certainly got all of the self-aligned players out of the game, which is good. But unless Xtoxm is lying about being survivor, we really need to start killing actual groupscum asap.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1247 (isolation #68) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1245, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1244, Grib wrote:I explained my reads yesterDay.

You should be voting Ika cuz they lied... blatantly.

I'm sorry, I must have missed something, what did ika lie about?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1249 (isolation #69) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:39 am

Post by Davsto »

o no

we lynched 3p over Mafia, and it's all ika's fault!!!!

You say that like it's a
bad
thing.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1253 (isolation #70) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:50 am

Post by Davsto »

Gonna be honest, Lickety's whole going along with ika at first and then suddenly turning on him once he's got the third parties lynched is hella suspicious.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1255 (isolation #71) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:08 am

Post by Davsto »

Okay. So ika lied. So what?

Tell me, what would scum!ika gain from lying? You're saying that town!ika has no reason to, but I don't think scum!ika has a reason to either, thus it is null.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1257 (isolation #72) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Davsto »

Because I don't see why he would bother lying about that if he were scum.

Kindly tell me why scum!ika would lie, and stop ignoring my questions.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1260 (isolation #73) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:22 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1259, GuiltyLion wrote:Lying about a result on Xtoxm was the easiest way to get everyone on board with lynching a survivor, it was pretty clever

Hey, Lickety, we've found your town-motivation for ika to lie. Now give me one good goddamn reason that scum!ika would lie. Here's some incentive to answer the question this time.

VOTE: LicketyQuickety
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1265 (isolation #74) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Davsto »

So, ika is scum, and he decided to lie just for the hell of it, in a way that doesn't actually help him at all? It doesn't actually help him win as scum, whilst we've found a townie motivation for it, but you're still sure him lying is alignment indicative?

Hey, look at this guy going after easy shit. Vote staying here. Meep.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1282 (isolation #75) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:07 pm

Post by Davsto »

All these people voting me are ehhhh. This is a role madness bastard game, and assuming something to be the cause of there being no kill is a stupid idea.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1284 (isolation #76) » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:25 am

Post by Davsto »

You hear that everyone? Don't trust Davsto, because he has a very, very, very questionable "guilty" result on him that confirms my tunneling!!!
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1313 (isolation #77) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:07 am

Post by Davsto »

Basically I have a day commute. I didn't want to be a distraction, so what I did was ~~disappear~~ during the day so I could sit back and scumhunt without having to get super interactive.. I have some notes on my laptop (which I'll shove on when I have the opportunity) which I made during the day.

I was also told that I would be commuted at night too. Considering I was affected by something, I assume that's a lie.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1315 (isolation #78) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Davsto »

Here we go.

Once again, All Alone's play has been lacklustre. After an atrocious, borderline reasonless push on me for all of the last two days, he has to go and hammer Firebringer with a naked vote. Need to keep an eye on this guy.
Okay, what the fuck is it with Nana/Fire? I feel like it's not Masons, but Fire controls them both. In fact, I've thought this from the start basically, since Nana was "lurking" until Firebringer replaced in, at which point she coincidentally became active. Unsure as to what happens with them after one dies though.
Fire's doing his traditional "yada yada it was all your fault woe is me" thing he does when he's hammered. Dude really needs to learn how to actually explain reads and shit.
Now, here's a thought. Why is it that if Nana dies Fire becomes Mafia, but if Fire dies Nana becomes Survivor? Is it possible that, actually, she's lying to save face and actually she becomes Mafia? If so, are the Mafia aware of this? Because there's a chance they are and thus those on the Fire wagon should be scrutinised.
Wait a second, upon Fire's flip, he has two colours, green and purple. The former has been shown to be town colour, and the latter third-party? In fact, it seems to say he would go from Survivor -> Town. Is it in fact possible that they switched the alignments around; that Fire is Survivor -> Town whereas Nana is Town -> Mafia? Either way, Nana is a prime target.

VOTE: Nana
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1318 (isolation #79) » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Davsto »

Because all that happens is I get lynched and everyone spends too much time focusing on me that I am too busy defending myself to actually read people, and you get a day where you lynch town and get very little info.

What I did by commuting is allowed people to focus on scum whilst getting reads for myself to post the following day.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1335 (isolation #80) » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Davsto »

X-shot.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1370 (isolation #81) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by Davsto »

My number of commutes, if x is the number,

1 < x < 4

I'm against Guilty's plan because it basically involves the wasting of my commutes. I always have been against letting others dictate when I use my role powers, and I always will.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1373 (isolation #82) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:52 pm

Post by Davsto »

If you people are gonna get distracted by me again rather than finding actual scum I'm just gonna commute again, you realise that? The longer I stay in the game, the longer I can help find scum, and if that requires day-commuting then I'm sorry but it'll just have to do.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1376 (isolation #83) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:00 pm

Post by Davsto »

Pro-Town purpose: it keeps me (town) alive longer.

I can only use my commute during the day.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1378 (isolation #84) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Post by Davsto »

Look, people who want to lynch me, there are two options:

1) We work together to find scum.
2) You continue to tunnel me, so I commute and you have to find scum without any of my help because I can't post, and can only give help by watching from the sidelines and then writing a short post summing up my thoughts on what happened while I was gone.

I'm not sure about you, but I prefer the first option.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1383 (isolation #85) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Davsto »

I mean, if you consider non-town as scum I'd say I did a pretty good job of it.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1385 (isolation #86) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Davsto »

I'd argue that Fire and Nana could be classed as scum, considering they were both not-town when they died.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1386 (isolation #87) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:30 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1379, ika wrote:
In post 1378, Davsto wrote:Look, people who want to lynch me, there are two options:

1) We work together to find scum.
2) You continue to tunnel me, so I commute and you have to find scum without any of my help because I can't post, and can only give help by watching from the sidelines and then writing a short post summing up my thoughts on what happened while I was gone.

I'm not sure about you, but I prefer the first option.

you have enough time to post this you should have neough times to make clifnotes in a PT or a QT or even a notepad adn then paste it the next day whe you come back

does not chance my opinion one bit

Being able to interact with people as the day unfolds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> making notes then posting the next day.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1388 (isolation #88) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Davsto »

Well if you're basically gonna argue that I should be lynched because I'm not super-crazy-awesome pushing every scum then I'm just gonna facepalm really.

It's quite interesting to see the people who keep pushing for and voting me even though they know it's impossible to actually lynch me. Gives quite an interesting insight. Pushing me even though I'm impossible to lynch is a great way to look like you're doing something while in reality nothing you do will forward the gamestate. All it'll do is waste my commute shots.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1390 (isolation #89) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Davsto »

Why would I know? Ask the mod, he's the one who made my role.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1392 (isolation #90) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Davsto »

I'm not commuting until I'm at risk of being lynched. I'd like to stay here and be as useful as possible before I have to warp out due to mislead people.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1401 (isolation #91) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Post by Davsto »

In post 1395, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1392, Davsto wrote:I'm not commuting until I'm at risk of being lynched. I'd like to stay here and be as useful as possible before I have to warp out due to mislead people.

Do you agree with my point about how you should commute once we decide to lynch someone else to prove that you're not scum lying about having more commutes?

I disagree. I have limited shots. Using them when I don't need to is an awful idea.

As for my reads.... ugh, I'm really not sure. It's quite hard to get associatives when none of a groupscum faction have flipped. At this point, I'm starting to wonder if all scum are 3p, which is great fun.

I'll read through tomorrow and see if I can get anything.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1405 (isolation #92) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:04 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1403, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1401, Davsto wrote:Using them when I don't need to is an awful idea.

But there only use is to prove that you're town. Why would you not want to do that? When would be a better time to day-commute?

You have an X-Shot Day Cop. You are told to use it because it will prove you're town in some setup-related way, even though you'll get no result due to circumstances and, thus, it will have no actual use for this Shot.

Would you use it? I wouldn't.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1407 (isolation #93) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Davsto »

No, fuck that shit. I'm not using a limited use thing just because you say I should. I'll use it when it actually does something, thank you very much.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1409 (isolation #94) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Davsto »

That's L-1?

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1410 (isolation #95) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:18 am

Post by Davsto »

Congratulations, you've given town one less person to help them find who the scum is throughout the day.

Real, proper pro-town motivations there, right?

Lynch Guilty. Bye.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1495 (isolation #96) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:10 am

Post by Davsto »

Yo, wrote some stuff over last day. Didn't do much but here ya go. This is all sorta live reaction stuff shoved in a text file.

Seriously? Me leaving with snark is a scumtell? I'm always snarky. That is possibly the weakest excuse to scumread someone I've ever seen in Mafia. Like, seriously, ever. That is pathetic.
There's a good chance GuiltyLion is scum. I've shown suspicions of him at points in the game; he was just raring for a chance to get me out of the game, a lot less pressure on him.
Seriously smiffle? Creep up and try and get me lynched before I notice? You know when you're having to actively conspire to get me lynched that you're doing something wrong. You're lucky I have no commutes left after this. If I did, I would just ask vonny to auto-commute me at L-1, like I did today, so it would be fruitless anyway.
In post 1462, Gendaberry wrote:For Davsto, he pretty much doesn't do anything at all apart from talk about theory? He's had a few non-theory posts but not many, and despite claiming that he's gathering reads while he was off on his commuting adventure, he came back to say that he actually doesn't have any then commuted again.
Theorycrafting is my thing, don't diss it.
Also, I did come back with some reads after commuting, don't flat out lie just to capitalise on the wagon on me.
In post 1462, Gendaberry wrote:Well that and when I roleblocked him a few nights back, no kill happened. There's a flipped doctor so it's not 100% accurate, but it certainly makes scum Dav a lot more likely.
:facepalm:
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1497 (isolation #97) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 1496, GuiltyLion wrote:Why are you defending yourself against someone who we lynched?

Because they hadn't been lynched at the time I was writing those sentences.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1510 (isolation #98) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by Davsto »

I literally said I don't have any more commutes ika you buffoon.

And, like I said, the mod was fine with me setting up an auto-commute once I hit L-1.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1513 (isolation #99) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Davsto »

Piss
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1514 (isolation #100) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Davsto »

Should I go on lamenting how you've potentially lost town the game by lynching me in mylo because I'm town or should I tell the truth?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1515 (isolation #101) » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Davsto »

Oh btw partners you were wrong about the role of the person you think is Fox, I was targeted by them last night so you can probably figure out from that what their role is.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1566 (isolation #102) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Davsto »

Whee! Well played everybody (especially ika) and of course a special thanks to smiffle for putting up with the incompetent me as a scum partner and doing well despite it.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1567 (isolation #103) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Davsto »

Role PM incoming.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1568 (isolation #104) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Davsto »

Welcome, Davsto! You are
Sheik

(Mafia ninja 2-shot day-commuter-night-communter-self-watcher)

You may only use one ability per phase.

You are a member of the
Mafia
with your partner, Smiffle, who is
Zelda
. You do not have a factional kill.

Day abilities:
Vanish
: (2-shot). During the day you may PM me saying you wish to vanish. You are removed from the game for the rest of that day phase and the following night phase. You will be informed who, if anyone, tries to target you during that night phase.

Night abilities:
Needles
: You may select a player to inflict % on. If someone with % gains % they die.

Passives:
Zelda's Disguise
: Any abilities that specifically affect Zelda affect you in the same way. You are considered to have a Triforce. This passive cannot be deactivated.
Sneaky
: You are a ninja. To investigative roles, you will appear to target no one, even if you target someone.

Kill flavor:
Sliced

You win with the
mafia

Game thread is here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p7320679
You may communicate with your scumbuddy at night here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=63784
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1570 (isolation #105) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Davsto »

Setup-wise, my only issue was the whole % thing; since it required both members of the scumteam to hit the same player, it made if extremely difficult to consistently pull off kills, what with all of the roleblockers in the setup, my commute lasting through the night meaning I can't take action then, there being a revivor or two, and meaning that once I died my partner could only make one kill every other night if he was lucky.

However, that's my only issue, as the rest of the setup was nicely designed with some interesting roles.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1574 (isolation #106) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Davsto »

What do you mean a reveal from Nana? Look at the role list in the dead/mod PT. I was right - both were controlled by Firebringer's slot.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1575 (isolation #107) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by Davsto »

EBWOP: what I meant to say is that Firebringer controlled both his slot and Nana.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”