The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #18475 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Post by davesaz »

Jetpacks and other modes of flight are one of the biggest reasons I play modded. :cool:
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18476 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:52 pm

Post by Ythan »

Is anyone in hardcore?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #18477 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:57 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 18475, davesaz wrote:Jetpacks and other modes of flight are one of the biggest reasons I play modded. :cool:

You should pop in, I never expected to enjoy vanilla after nodded but it's quite fun. Especially with everyone being an ambitious *insert word here*
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18478 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:56 am

Post by davesaz »

Oh, I'm there on vanilla too. Haven't visited the nether, and I might not on that server.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #18479 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:11 am

Post by wgeurts »

Almost flippin' there!
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18480 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:22 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

WOW!
Art is cool.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18481 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by Klazam »

40 leather, claus?

also you need 1 more powered rail on your exit ramp
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #18482 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Klazam »

a specific redstone mechanic is utterly fucked up. I need another pair of eyes on it later.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18483 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 18482, Klazam wrote:a specific redstone mechanic is utterly fucked up. I need another pair of eyes on it later.

I'm coming now if you're on.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #18484 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by Maruchan »

RE: Klaz's PM regarding him/hinduragi

Options:
1. Wait till December (can't give more specifics than that but it's not like the last day of december don't worry) for me to pull into port, find internet, and coordinate time to assist and fix the issue. Remember, I'll be 5 hours ahead of you, and these *will* be more than likely weekdays not weekends that I will be able to personally assist.
2. I OP you in console, and you work out between yourself and hinduragi ways to log in and gamemode 1 yourself to fly out of danger then get ready to gamemode 1 him as soon as he logs in, and get yourselves safely out, and then you DE-OP yourself. If you shoot me an email to the afore-mentioned email in the thread saying yo uwant this method, I should be able to hook you up with OP-powers within 24 hours of you sending me the email. If you need it again, that email is chestegb@ddg107.navy.mil
3. You give me your username for exile's multicraft panel and I *MIGHT* be able to give you console-access? IDK how user-editable their multicraft is set to be.

(if you do go with option two, and want to save me like an hour of waiting on top-speed of 3mb/sec bandwidth (we never actually achieve this top speed just like you never actually achieve that 150mb/s that your provider advertizes you have), that is divided between 250 crew, and im in the lowest-ranked group for order-of-precednece on where the bandwidth flows then INCLUDE a direct-link to exile's multicraft login page for me PLEASE

RE wgeurts' amazing pics: there is a minimap mod that works in 1.8.8? I can't find any forge for 1.8.8, just for base 1.8, how do you get mods working?
RE wgeurts' friend "HuntingVillager", will do as soon as I can. will keep you posted on when this is done. sorry for delay. next time while I am in port I will find someone to give console access to for whitelsiting and get it set up so you guys don't need to 100% rely on me for it.

this is kinda stream-of-conciousness as i read the thread because shitty-internet. Glad to see hindu made it out ok. RC has my thanks, and i'll try to reward you for being so awesome and wasting so much of your resources in that rescue endeavor.

ahhhhh noooo hindu </3 If you need anything uber-valuable replaced just hmu with a pm/email and I'll get to it as soon as i can

Officially agree with Claus, nether is a scary place. you must always travel with at LEAST 15 blocks of cobble to make perfectly safe 2-tall 1-wide safety tunnels that are ghast-proof.

RE: klaz's help request with redstone, I can check it out, again at a later date.

EVERYONE WHO PLAYS VANILLA AND WANTS ANY CHANCE OF GETTING AHOLD OF ME WHILE I HAVE INTERNET ACCESS IN PORTS, HERE ARE THE BEST BETS OF ME BEING ABLE TO NOTIFY YOU GUYS OF MY INTERNET STATUS:
1. Give me a phone number (I know not everyone feels comfortable with this but this is literally the best way). I can text you from my Google Voice number (805-GAV-IN86 iirc) letting you know i have access to internet to assist in any minecraft shenanigans for a short period of time.
2. Add me on Skype, and we start a MS-Vanilla Skype Call (try not to use this as a text-based chat room communication method. I hate logging in to skype and seeing 15,000 new messages. OCD abotu reading as much of it as i can yakno? my skype is: xGnGSuicidal
3. be active in the MS IRC, I'll try to log into it every time i get internet access in foreign ports.

I'm forbidden by operational security requirements from disclosing our ship's movements publicly until after we have left wherever we were headed, or privately with friends and family until I am actually there. So I can't give any heads-up advance notice of when I'll obtain internet.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18485 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 18483, Hinduragi wrote:
In post 18482, Klazam wrote:a specific redstone mechanic is utterly fucked up. I need another pair of eyes on it later.

I'm coming now if you're on.

I think I fixed whatever it was. Your uncle had to go before I could fix it. Tell me if that's what you wanted.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18486 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Claus »

In post 18481, Klazam wrote:40 leather, claus?

also you need 1 more powered rail on your exit ramp

Feel free to take the leather!

And yes, I need to redo my station and powered rails and stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #18487 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Marucham, the 1.8 forge seems to work on the server so I've got JourneyMap, InventoryTweaks and NEI setup. Only thing doesn't seem to work with it is optimise but hey.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18488 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:58 am

Post by Jackal711 »

In post 18487, wgeurts wrote:Marucham, the 1.8 forge seems to work on the server so I've got JourneyMap, InventoryTweaks and NEI setup. Only thing doesn't seem to work with it is optimise but hey.

Hmm I may look into this. those are the exact 3 mods I wish I had available.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18489 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:02 pm

I'm currently using JourneyMap unlimited, InventoryTweaks, MouseTweaks, EiraIRC and NEI for Vanilla.
Art is cool.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18490 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Claus »

Guys, these mods you mentioned are all clientside. You can install as many clientside mods as you want, no matter what is on the server :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18491 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Yes I know. That is the point.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18492 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:04 am

REGROWTH SERVER UPDATE

I have discovered a bug with the Thaumcraft golems where they do not harvest the agricraft crops correctly (breaking them instead of simply harvesting). This was fixed in the pack update on the launcher, so I will be updating the server to the most recent version of the Regrowth pack (I believe that is 0.8.4) tomorrow evening.

So if you are told you have unmatched mods, that's why. Go update the pack via the launcher by selecting the correct version before clicking 'launch'. Just make sure to check to see if the update has happened first. I'll put the version in the server announcement you see before trying to connect.
Art is cool.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18493 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:53 am

Post by davesaz »

Guess it's a good thing I haven't tried golems yet. ;)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18494 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:01 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 18475, davesaz wrote:Jetpacks and other modes of flight are one of the biggest reasons I
don't
play modded. :cool:

ftfy ;)
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18495 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by aphix »

I'd play modded but one, I hate updating modpacks that ETL wants to just change every three weeks. :)

Also, my laptop can't do it. Although vanilla does run much smoother now of days then it used to.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18496 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:19 pm

haven't updated sp5 in months.
Art is cool.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18497 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by davesaz »

I think if there was any issue with the update rate, it would be that it was too slow. Though I do understand that it impacts some more than others and agree that we should not leave players behind because of updates.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18498 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by Rhinox »

we now have a continuous river from port to at least claus' place. I probably still need to dig out a couple areas to make sure it's 2 blocks deep (otherwise you can take boat damage off the bottom if you're traveling fast enough). Here's a couple picks near the northwestern gate inside the wall. Seriouslyyes has a brand new retaining wall for his animal pen:

And here is the new channel outside the wall. The river used to end not too far from the pillar for the elevated railway there:

Notice the little friend in the water there? He can't get in, he gets stuck in the watergate and drowns. But if you get too close, he'll still go boom.

Speaking of the elevated railway - whoever is building that, please be mindful that I'm attempting to have a boatable river. Just noticed that it looks like the river is blocked by the elevated rail structure :(

I might try to widen the new section a couple more blocks because it is difficult to get the boats through without bouncing off the sides and ultimately breaking them. The new boat mechanics means that you need to provide propulsion in order to maneuver - you can't steer while coasting - so you need to be able to carry some speed, but too much speed is too hard to control in tight areas.

As a side note, I don't know if it is because maru has us with a good host or if mojang optimized something for 1.8 since the last time I played vanilla on a server, but boats and horses and minecarts have practically no lag or jumpiness at all while using them, which means they're actually usable and a ton more fun than before :)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18499 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 18498, Rhinox wrote:Speaking of the elevated railway - whoever is building that, please be mindful that I'm attempting to have a boatable river. Just noticed that it looks like the river is blocked by the elevated rail structure

Yeah this. Can we not do this? It kinda defeats the purpose of the whole project I just undertook fixing the river through town and moving the town wall and everything:

Return to “The Arcade”