Commonly Asked Questions on Mafia Theory

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

Is it true that scum meta becomes nullified once it's apparent to everyone?
I've always wondered exactly what scum traits hold true to every single player who's ever played scum, and I'm still searching for the answer. I doubt there will ever be a one-size-fits-all scum-tell, but I do think there's something about the scum-mindset that can be analyzed more closely. I believe it might have something to do with deductive and inductive reasoning, but I may be recalling it incorrectly. If anyone has any info or input on the subject, a little light shed on the matter would be much obliged.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:48 am

Post by LucianRoy »

You put into words what I was thinking, more or less. But I think I was implying the idea that due to scum being informed from the very beginning of the game, they are locked into a mindset of inductive reasoning through their attempts to frame other players and their actions. They already know the conclusion to the lynch they push, but they must first support it with reasonable evidence. The town, however, lack this information from the beginning of the game, thus they must imply deductive, (and/or abductive), reasoning to test their hypothesis of people being scum based off of evidence they collect.
I think Drixx was the one to tell me this, but I forget when and where he did so.
LucianRoy
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
LucianRoy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by LucianRoy »

"Figuring out who the scum are is only the first part of the game, the rest is convincing everyone you're right." -Someguy Onmafiascum

I butchered that quote, but I think I read it in a sig a while back...
Ankamius is right.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”