Song Contest - BOTB 5! (Results are in!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by Bins »

Decided to listen to some stuff while studying for finals. Might vote, I don't know. I sort of just held my paste button down for the ♥s and rough guessed for each one. Not even sure what the scale is even "out of.

Mew - Comforting Sounds
(Iceland)
— Slow at first, but I digged what it became. I think I was extra patient with it because I was studying and I really liked it in the end. I'm usually a bitch with slow music, but this had a really nice vibe. I guess you could say the sounds were
comforting.
Okay, I'm done. Bye. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Patent Pending - Let Go
(USA)
—  Giving me 8th grade Bins vibes with his voice, holy crap. Bulge is always like "You like guys with whiny voices", and I can hear that in this like crazy. But hm, I really like the upbeat-ness and the whole catchiness of it and at parts I can forget the voice. There's was one part of it I really liked and they had a lot of mesh-y stuff going on that worked well. ♥♥♥♥

Venetian Snares - Abomination Street
(Fiji)
— I can dig mash-ups and sound like this. Sometimes. Eh. They would never be something I would listen to. I wouldn't even put them on a "While Driving" playlist. This... just sounded like a lot of snares. Okay, that's the point, but I'm getting to the point where I have a hard time listening to this as "music" but rather just "sounds that sometimes sound okay together." And there are things like this that are nice, but this was just everywhere. I heard elements but they were lost half the time. End was cool but I think I was happy the noise stopped. ♥

San Cisco - Fred Astaire
(Wales)
— I love this. This deserves a better comment, just, see above and take all the good things I said about the other ones and put that together. Good beat, I would definitely listen to this, and it's just nice. Okay? Okay. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

The National - Fake Empire
(Italy)
— This is good. Yes. ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Woodkid - The Golden Age
(Uruguay)
— As someone who has never done Song Contest before, but has heard that some people are sick of Woodkid, I liked it. But it didn't strike me as that special. I feel like it could be. To someone. One of those songs. But personally for me, I wasn't moved by it. Musically, however, I feel that it was beautiful in many places, the violin (I HAVE NO IDEA IF IT IS A VIOLIN) was perfect. I didn't watch the video, I think that was slightly my problem, because it does seem to have a visual story that important as well. I really liked the end when it picked up again, though. ♥♥♥♥♥

Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus
(Madagascar)
— Another song that isn't bad, and I can appreciate it, but it just isn't moving me any way. Was waiting for something. Didn't come. ♥♥♥

Esti Kornél - Akkor hagylak el
(Hungary)
— I don't understand it but I like it enough. The voice is nice regardless. Musically I wish there was more elements, but it wasn't bad, so decent. I'm too reliant on lyrics, sigh me. ♥♥♥♥♥

Biffy Clyro - Know Your Quarry
(Ecuador)
— Hmm, I can dig this. His voice bugged me, but overall it's pretty average. I like the chorus with the element there in the beat. ♥♥♥

The Vincent Black Shadow - This Road Is Going Nowhere
(Cote d'Ivoire)
— Hmmmm? Started strong, but I got kind of bored with it. Which surprised me, but I don't know. ♥♥♥

XYLO - America
(Qatar)
— Yeah, I like this. Dropped off at a point, but overall not bad. ♥♥♥♥♥

Arthur Beatrice - Who Returned
(Mali)
— I liked this, especially after it picked up. Wanted a little more, but was happy. ♥♥♥♥♥♥

I'm excited to get through this, see a lot of names I recognize after this point. And I realize I skipped Spain, oops.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by Bins »

Christina Grimmie tho?

I suppose her success really doesn't have a lot to do with the Voice.

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by Bins »

Man, half the times I watch the show the contestants are off key and are flat. They also aren't the best performers - which is, yeah, part of the point of the show. It shows that it really isn't just about having the voice. Being famous sadly has a lot to do with image. And I don't just mean like "be pretty", more like, "be interesting."

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Post by Bins »

And "be able to carry yourself in the spotlight."