Micro 566: WORD SNEAK MAFIA! (Game OvER!!!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by vandergeist »

In post 10, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:VOTE: TMWSTW Let's get this wagon going!
I love it

VOTE: Frozen Angel for admitting she shouldn't be trusted, crazy or not.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:32 am

Post by vandergeist »

TMWSTW's play was strange but fine for now. This deliberation doesn't really get us anywhere with what we have so far, all this diddle-dallying leaves a bad celery taste in my mouth.

lilac wrote:For all we know he may be trying to take the spotlight off himself by spilling the beans on his self-voting shenanigans.

What spotlight? He was subject to a crazy flash wagon during rvs, not intense scrutiny. The self-voting is the only thing that put an actual spotlight on him.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:35 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 47, lilac wrote:Or we could continue focusing on word sneak, and just wait for this to go bonkers.

I agree with this, as long as we can keep it from becoming too anti-town.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:36 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 64, Wednesday_ wrote:Didn't you say you loved it? You realize only several people said they didnt understand the logic. Whats with hoppig on the popular opinion bandwagon?

"Several people" were a vocal minority and me saying I "loved it" happened before TMWSTW's logic was explained. I chuckled at the RVS self-voting, so sue me. Anti-town is fine during RVS I say, it's all tomfoolery. I'm reading him as town right now only because of his apparent honesty, we'll see where that goes. UNVOTE:
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:41 am

Post by vandergeist »

I got prodded too, sorry I've been spending way too much time recently playing Fallout 7.

So all we need is Postie to start pressuring on a bizzare issue and we get all this support from weak side arguments (Lilith, Frozen Angel). Postie’s more town in my mind than Lilith and FA by far, Wednesday as well at least had better justification for joining the lilac wagon.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:41 am

Post by vandergeist »

*Fallout 4 I mean whoops
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:48 am

Post by vandergeist »

Since msgV asked for these:

Townish - Postie, Wednesday, TMWSTW
Meh - GuiltyLion, Davsto, Lilac
Scumish - Lilith, FA

In post 102, Frozen Angel wrote:In my opinion your still trying to stay in RVS. seems fairly scummy in my opinion.

What gave you this impression?
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:18 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 114, Frozen Angel wrote:you wanna interact with your scum read anytime soon ?

Is this meant for me? In which case, what?
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:24 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 122, lilith2013 wrote:Which bizarre issue was Postie pressuring about? Are you talking about lilac?

The self-voting and then lilac.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:28 am

Post by vandergeist »

*why lilac was bizzare:

Lilac not being offensive enough -> why does she stand out from the other quieter players?
Lilac's Davsto vote -> it was RVS who gives a damn
Lilac's WIFOM -> I'm glad they felt the need to ask, I hadn't even thought about it. The possible WIFOM is a rabbit hole.

This misguided pressuring is a mess
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:57 am

Post by vandergeist »

Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 121, vandergeist wrote:
In post 114, Frozen Angel wrote:you wanna interact with your scum read anytime soon ?

Is this meant for me? In which case, what?

yes about your parked vote on me....

can you help me understand why are you scum reading me?

I unvoted you in ?

You're pressure on Lilac has been unfounded, you've been misinterpreting/misrepresenting statements such as:
In post 81, Frozen Angel wrote:and if you think Davasto is scummy why your Not pushing him yourself?
That's just false and misconstrues lilac's question. It's you jumping the gun.
In post 84, Frozen Angel wrote:lilac! why your not doing anything contributive to girl and wondered (scumreading?) someone who said the same thing to you.
More attention/tunnelling on a player early in the game, made stranger considering the fact that she isn't the only player guilty of this. Why all the lilac attention?
In post 102, Frozen Angel wrote:In my opinion your still trying to stay in RVS. seems fairly scummy in my opinion.
This odd suffix to your vote on lilac that I don't understand. I asked you about this in but still don't have an answer.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:02 am

Post by vandergeist »

@lilith2013

my suspicion about you comes from the whole self-voting debacle, I'm aware that you weren't apart of the lilac wagon.

Postie isn't being cautious and is the first one to vote on players, that's indicative of town. I don't agree with her points, but I can't say she isn't trying to scumhunt. The logical gaps of her own pressure-votes are less of an issue as the people who jump on after
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by vandergeist »

In post 126, lilith2013 wrote:Can you explain why Wednesday's reason for jumping on the wagon was better than FA's?

I don't like Wednesday's posting style, but I could follow her logic.

lilith2013 wrote:And I'm not sure why vandergeist is calling me out for my vote on TMWSTW because my vote was based on his delayed vote on me, not the self-voting itself.

I apologize for this, I'd misread/misremembered the game. That voting exchange wasn't great either but it wasn't what I accused you of.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:54 am

Post by vandergeist »

Wednesday_ wrote:@lillith. It was very self aware. Town don't worry about how they are perceived as scum hunting will show that you are town

^ This.

In post 147, Wednesday_ wrote:@vander what is your read on lilac and explain please.

I have nothing new to add that others haven't said in their most recent posts about . It made me wince, but TMWSTW's made me furrow my brow. Newbtown vs Newbscum is what's to be considered here. I think lilac has enough questions to answer right now from other players, I might ask her some after she's answered them. I'm not against a lilac lynch today if we get choked for time, but I'm looking more closely at her wagon right now, who's voting for whatever reason and who might be distancing.

In post 147, Wednesday_ wrote:Vander reminds me of franklin from the peanuts unless I am misremembering.

Peanuts wasn't a part of my childhood :P what does this mean?

In post 148, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:The Lilac has so many touches of scum activity, that I do hope many people follow me with a vote.

Asking for more votes when someone is at L-2 is strange, as your case should speak for itself and you're communicating your intent for them to be lynched. Just to be clear, after reading that one post you're confident in lilac being scum and want her lynched today?

In post 134, Postie wrote:Yeah, I'm uncomfortable with pretty much every single person who has gotten on the lilac wagon's reasons for getting on the lilac wagon. Not a good sign.
UNVOTE:

I'm sad this wasn't elaborated on.

@Frozen, does your brand of pressure involve minimal interaction with who you're pressuring? You haven't been asking lilac any questions, you just parked your vote there.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:01 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 157, Davsto wrote:Between who? If you're saying lilac then what they have a joindate of 2011

Oh wow sweet jesus you're right :eek: I keep mixing up Lilith and Lilac and who's on their second game. This changes things a little, let me reread for a second.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:36 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 155, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:I'm going to highlight this as a statement I don't like, the rest of the post is good but this gets me. From my experience, these kind of statements are made much more often by scum than town, and all they do is seed distrust in both players, with little effort on the part of the excuser. Also scum would know if we're both town and could easily set up a double mislynch with things like this.
I phrased what I meant very poorly. I wasn't referring to two separate players, but the two possible alignments of Lilac as a counter to the hard stance you took against her .

Postie wrote: I was the one who said this was lilac's second game, but I just checked again and it appears I messed up somewhere because she actually has 3 completed games. Either way, her join date is irrelevant.
Lilac's experience can still be called into question, considering she only has 100 posts from those 3 games.

Spoiler: Fluff about Peanuts, Continued
In post 155, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:
Peanuts wasn't a part of my childhood. What does this mean?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04
But that's Peppermint Patty... or so google tells me. According to the Peanuts wiki, Franklin is the smart one of african-american descent that caused a ruckus because of his introduction to the comics during a more testy time in race relations in American history. (late 60s) How that relates to this mafia game, I'm not sure.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:32 am

Post by vandergeist »

I'm back, catching up now.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by vandergeist »

Call me a frightening, orange washbasin, but here's a lazy, "comment as I read" post to catch up on the last two days:

In post 167, Postie wrote:Davsto usually obvtowns himself pretty quickly and I'm not feeling it this game so I'm a bit concerned on that front. I'll go into more detail tomorrow but right now my lynchpool consists of lilith, Wednesday, and Davsto.
Ew meta accusations

In post 176, lilac wrote:In the case that she's scum it explains why she's got the strongest town read on me at this point. She's been referring to my position as a newbie quite a lot recently. The only other person really using that to defend me is Vander.
Is our logic flawed or reaching? Call me a green-elbowed orangutan, but has any player denounced or even commented on the logic that you're a relatively new player?

In post 176, lilac wrote:Vander said my 144 made him cringe but was more upset with TMWSTW's 149; Postie had no comment.
No it wasn't that I liked your 144 more, it's that I'm not a fan of beating dead horses. Call me a pink-hooded cobra, but TMWSTW's 149 was of more interest for me to comment on at the time, considering anything I'd of wanted to say about 144 had already been said.

In post 176, lilac wrote:For my points listed above, namely the fact that she out was the only person to completely ignore my outrageous 144.
:facepalm: So 144 was an elaborate ruse to catch scum? Call me a friendly blue weinerdog, but are you not addressing anything you've said prior to 176 and dismissing all of your prior suspicions/posts/reads just because you have a "super duper gut feeling" about a possible scum team?

In post 180, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:The buddying by town reading and complimenting the people voting them, and also not even trying to defend post 144 just giving up and saying it's bad. On the other hand I actually really like Lilac's ideas against Vander and Postie, I think it's a very solid argument, and the vote is good.
You honestly believe that's a "very solid argument"? I like the direction it's headed, the use of logic is more in line with what we've come to expect from these games, but the vote was the only thing that I think was solid in about that post. Call me a raging purple orthodontist, but the point against the meta accusation could have been explored and discussed more than the fact that Postie defended her.

In post 183, lilac wrote:Just to clarify, all of my townreads are based on the assumption that I've correctly identified the scum team.
Argh, you can have more than one suspect or scumteam in mind. You can have a whole slew of suspects. Call me a tanned angry winchester, but why would you discredit everything you said beforehand about FA or any other player without even addressing it?

I'm fine with Lilith's , I don't see her as scum right now. Her thought process is good, her questions are good. Null.

I like Postie's . I thought her pushes in the beginning of the game on TMWSTW and Lilac were reaching and that they opened up an opportunity for possible scum to jump on early, but I'm liking her recent content a lot, save for the meta-stuff. I just avoid that stuff. Town.

In post 209, TheManWhoSoldTheWorld wrote:Especially Vander and Postie, if you guys don't want Lilac to fry shouldn't you be here defending him not sitting idly by while it happens?
I appreciate that you're trying to get discussion going, but if you're seriously asking me to defend Lilac, I can only offer this Postie quote:
In post 204, Postie wrote:I'm conflicted about lilac. I really didn't like the tone of the last paragraph of 144. A lot of her posts come across as really bad play, which I don't like, but bad play doesn't make her scum. GL also made some good points for town!lilac. Something that I think looks off about the lilac wagon is that it seems the playerbase is pretty split, with everyone except me either defending or attacking her, rather than anyone being kinda null or unsure on her. I'm not really sure what conclusions to draw from that though. I'm still unsure what to make of lilac so I wouldn't be happy with her being hammered right now.
It's not even a real defence, because you can't defend Lilac's plays. All I've been calling for is a consideration into Lilac's actual experience with the game. A lot of energy has been put towards pressuring her in this first day, so it's unlikely we're going to get another lynch, I can concede that. Call me a aqua marine Fallout 7 raider, but I believe lilac's going to flip town, and I'm looking at her wagon right now.

If we're nearing the end of the day, I have everyone except Lilac pegged right now at:
Town - TMWSTW, Postie
Leaning Town - GuiltyLion, Lilith
Null - Davsto
Leaning Scum - Wednesday, FA
Right now people I'd be fine with lynching are Wednesday, Davsto or FA. Call me a cheese-flavoured severed arm, but their plays confuse me and I don't think they've supplied enough evidence or reasonable thought process for their positions.
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:20 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 330, Expedience wrote:And that's L-1, Intent To Hammer, Wednesday please claim.

Aren't both the wagons at L-2?

I prefer the wednesday over the lilac-exp one, but dav's call for a claim makes sense
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:21 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 342, Wednesday_ wrote:
In post 339, Davsto wrote:Basically what I'm saying is Wednesday please claim thanks

I'm not claiming. I'm taking it with me.

:?
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:23 am

Post by vandergeist »

In post 342, Wednesday_ wrote:
In post 339, Davsto wrote:Basically what I'm saying is Wednesday please claim thanks

I'm not claiming. I'm taking it with me.
So wednesday's either scum or anti-town at this point :?
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon
vandergeist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:35 am

Post by vandergeist »

gg, you had me fooled postie >.>
vandergeist
vandergeist
Goon