Questions about a theme I am working on.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

It's impossible to balance because you've posed all the information publicly. With names for all good characters. Scum does not have a chance
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #55 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 46, Kamigami wrote:This post will very likely show up as a google hit for some player who wants to research the flavor. You're probably underestimating the extent to which it's spoiled by being here, especially since it's unworkable as an open due to all the uniquely named roles.

I think this can become reasonable if you accept the primary criticism: there should be only one Town. Once you have that, if you want to preserve flavor, you're going to have to rethink how the different factions (by which I mean zerg-terran-protoss) interact. A possibility mentioned above is something like having faction-specific roles. If you do that, you should expect Day 1 to start with a mass faction claim unless you give players some reason not to.

In general, I don't think it's a good idea to maintain the notion that the three factions are irreconcilably different, especially given that they have a common enemy. I didn't really follow it, but I believe Hitogorashi's signs and void had players with three different "signs" that you might draw ideas from.

I'd expect the mass faction claim to happen as it sits now anyway.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

"this won't work, give up" is all the advice you'll ever need though

Return to “Mafia Discussion”