Undertale

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games (board, card, video, we're not picky). Playing such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
IecerintHappy Birthday!
Survivor

Pronoun: He

Post Post #625  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Alphys I thought was cute and I liked her.

Hotland is a little overlong on replays, though, which makes me downrate Alphys and Metaton.

InflatablePie
Accept When He Does

Post Post #626  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:19 pm

In post 624, Iecerint wrote:Papyrus is basically my ideal boyfriend.

not a fan of his physique tbh
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

esuriospiritus
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: They

Post Post #627  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:21 pm

yeah, he's a little too bony for my tastes
umm... you do know you cant kill ghosts, right? We're sorta incorporeal and all. I was just lowering my hp because I didn't want to be rude. sorry... I just made this more awkward... pretend you beat me... oooooooo

Brandi
Awwwrtist

Pronoun: She

Post Post #628  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:33 pm

lawl

sans looks kinda chubby despite also being a skeleton

I guess he has magic air inside his hoodie/jacket thing .__.

Ythan
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #629  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:18 pm

He's just big boned.
Get to know an Ythan.

esuriospiritus
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:43 pm

I saw a comic once implying it only looked big because he was hiding so many ketchup bottles. I tried to find it, but...

... do NOT, ever, Google or search on tumblr "sans stomach." Just don't. God. Fuck. No. Why.

Shwaisjwhsbwhudjqbsjidhwgwux
umm... you do know you cant kill ghosts, right? We're sorta incorporeal and all. I was just lowering my hp because I didn't want to be rude. sorry... I just made this more awkward... pretend you beat me... oooooooo

Brandi
Awwwrtist

Post Post #631  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:46 am

x____x;;

(Hiding ketchup bottles sounds pretty accurate, I suspect that's where the "blood" comes from in the end of Geno)

Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:36 am

In post 624, Iecerint wrote:Papyrus is basically my ideal boyfriend.

nice to know someone understands :)
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?

Brandi
Awwwrtist

Post Post #633  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:27 am

You guys must really love spaghetti!

Ythan
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #634  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:02 pm

Spoiler: ahuhuhu
Get to know an Ythan.

Vi
Professor Paragon

Post Post #635  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:21 pm

Interesting use of croissants.
in every moment
our time and energy vote
for what's best for us

Brandi
Awwwrtist

Post Post #636  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:43 pm

THIS TEM is so cute.

Also Toby said he is planning ~something~ for this year :3

Ythan
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #637  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:44 pm

Don't get your hopes up! He said he'd like to start something new this year but it would take infinitely long.

I guess that's in dog years though.
Get to know an Ythan.

Brandi
Awwwrtist

Post Post #638  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:55 pm

I know, but previously I was worried he'd be happy with the money he made and might not want to start something again. Just the fact that he has something in his head makes me happy.

Ythan
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #639  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:06 pm

I do think it will be easier to find the time to make another game as a millionaire.
Get to know an Ythan.

esuriospiritus
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:41 am

http://askerrorsans.tumblr.com

So the same person who made Aftertale is a crazy sonuva who made this concept of a creepy vigilante glitch sans whose self-given purpose is to eradicate AUs and other "glitches" in the Undertale multiverse.

And it's so ridiculously far off from canon and feeds off of every other fan-made concept and I LOVE that people have gotten so off the wall creative with this fandom. It's insane but mostly awesome.

(Also it's not another emo sans so that's good)

PS: this has also been a cool thing so far: http://tratserenoyreve.tumblr.com/post/ ... inues-here

Vi
Professor Paragon

Post Post #641  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:13 pm

In post 640, esuriospiritus wrote:PS: this has also been a cool thing so far: http://tratserenoyreve.tumblr.com/post/ ... inues-here
The anthropomorphic flower got a pretty solid treatment here.

The art here is pretty amazing.
in every moment
our time and energy vote
for what's best for us

Claus
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:11 pm

Pretty cool.

Brandi
Awwwrtist

Post Post #643  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:30 pm

The error sans thing is super jarring to look at for too long (I know it's intentional) but it's an interesting concept

Other comic is ... interesting. I'm personally not a fan of the artstyle but it's good! Looking forward to see where it goes.

Thanks for giving me stuff to look at Esu ;w;

Claus
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Yeah, I couldn't read more than two or three of the error sans thing.

Claus
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:59 pm

Some undertale-related idle musings:

So I was playing Pillars of Eternity (a baldur's gate-like RPG released last year by obsidian), and it got me thinking about undertale.

The game is chock-full with subquests, and in one of them, a barbarian asks you to sacrifice a baby. There are three ways to complete the quest: 1- you sacrifice the baby, get your reward. Easy-peasy. 2- You say NO, and kill the barbarian - however, he is in a room full of enemies, so it is a very hard battle, and you get a heavy reputation penalty in the village for killing everyone. 3- you poison the barbarian. If you do that, you have to pass an EXTREMELY hard attribute test (as in, you basically have to metagame to pass it), or you are caught and it reverts back to scenario 2.

There are a lot of people on the internet complaining about that side quest, arguing that the game forces people to be baby murderers.

But, after playing Undertale, my mind goes to option 4. You just don't complete the quest, and forgo the little extra XP. In fact, Poe is full of self-contradicting side quests: if you complete every single side quest that is put in front of you, you will end up as a very unpredictable person. There is more than enough XP and items to go around, so it is perfectly valid to mold your character by only taking the side quests that you agree with. I find that cool.

(In fact, I found out that there IS a fourth option: you can take the baby, but not sacrifice it, leaving the quest uncompleted - the game will mention that choice in the end-game, when it describes what happened with your character after the adventure is done. This is never acknowledged before the end-game, though, and the "quest" marker sits there, blinking, taunting the Flowey within us)

Ythan
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #646  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:17 pm

I think that applies to any game with rampant sidequesting and morality options. Currently playing some Skyrim and that comes to mind.
Get to know an Ythan.

Claus
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Sure, but it sure puts the "I must complete every sidequest" mentality in check.

On the other hand, I kinda remember that BG I/II did not have purely evil sidequests. They had "evillish" ways of completing some sidequests, but I don't think there was any quest where the only option was either commit an evil act, or skip the quest altogether.

IecerintHappy Birthday!
Survivor

Post Post #648  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:38 pm

I loved those Undertale comics.

IecerintHappy Birthday!
Survivor

Post Post #649  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:41 pm

Would you recommend PoE to someone who liked BG/BG2/Planescape (not crazy about IWD) but would like some modernization?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Arcade