Blitz 3: Dead of Winter Mafia - Game Over

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by pisskop »

Scum could make a player claim? Or fakeclaim? :o

I like the idea.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by The Silver Bard »

In post 920, pisskop wrote:you should have made yourselves get a PR. :v

Maybe, but the hassle of having a postrestriction is big. It is hard enough to write sensible stuff in thread, and to try to push your own agenda without having to take into consideration a postrestriction as well.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:13 pm

In post 925, pisskop wrote:Scum could make a player claim? Or fakeclaim? :o

I like the idea.

Town didn't need our help fakeclaiming ;) If we count your guilty on Makoto as a semi fakeclaim there was 3 fakeclaims from town in this game.
The Silver Bard
The Silver Bard
Goon
The Silver Bard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Anyways I am off.

Have fun reading the scum PT. The last days is pretty much like reading the diary of manic-depressive.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Titus »

I would love your feedback later. I like the mechanics here and thought it was overall balanced.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by davesaz »

We had a good chance up to the point where a gun landed in the hands of someone who always scum reads me. :shifty:
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

Good Game, everyone.

Sorry I was a dumbass and outed my secondary win condition, total brainfart there.

Titus, thanks for hosting, I'd like to /pre-in for any more Blitz games you run!
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Titus »

It takes me awhile to design a game, so we'll see.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Ranger »

Personally, I wasn't fond of secondary win conditions that the target did not know how to fulfill (see, my wincon would have been easy if I had known it was Scorpious, but without me having known, I had a 1/10 chance, 10%, of fulfilling it, at best: what if Scorpious had obvtowned himself?), so my main gripe with the game is that. I felt screwed over because I knew that there was no way I could ever actually fill my secondary wincon without blind luck, because you ALSO held the restriction (which I really, really didn't understand the point of) of not allowing us to claim (not even through paraphrase) our secondary wincon.

I played the game as straight-up town, specifically because I knew I was not winning, so if you want to design a secondary wincon, you need to make sure the person actually holds a realistic chance of fulfilling it, else they simply won't bother with it. Which means that for me, the advice I would have is either make the conditions slightly more benevolent (just telling me my target was Scorpious would have helped!), or far more easily, just drop the stupid restriction on not claiming secondary wincons. I felt that aspect added nothing to the game. Secondary wincons are a great idea, but if you're not allowed to so much as paraphrase them, then they become a hindrance.

I feel like if you wanted to stop people from claiming their secondary wincons, a better route than modkilling them would be to give them incentive not to. For instance, a great way to stop me from claiming would be to warn me that there may be someone with a wincon that conflicts with mine. (Which, strictly speaking, was true. While Scorpious and I could both fulfill our wincons, it'd be far more likely that they'd be mutually exclusive, with one of us winning at the cost of the other.) Instantly, that gives me a reason to hold back from claiming.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:49 am

Post by davesaz »

I would have approached that wincon (be the 2nd vote) by immediately 2nd voting each player as the opportunity presented itself. Though that may only be possible for a constantly active player. And you're at the mercy of someone voting each player first -- if your (unknown) lover is never voted then you're screwed.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:50 am

Post by davesaz »

One of the challenges for scum in this setup is not to let on that you know a strange action is a secondary wincon.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Titus »

Ranger, the moment you claimed Scorpious should have voted you.

Scorpious said Love several times. He should have voted you too.

@934, Yup. Still I would expect some attempts at self wagoning. I would have allowed a wagon on the dead as well.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

A Royal Saint
A Royal Saint
Goon
A Royal Saint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by A Royal Saint »

Go everyone! Sorry had RL after I died. :)

Nice game sis!

Overall great work Bard and davesaz!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:25 am