The Newbie Matrix6 stats thread (complete)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Does that take into account that you're cherry-picking the set-ups that have the most extreme win-rates? The Jailkeeper set-up's win-rate specifically seems weirdly high. I also doubt Doc+Tracker is really that bad, with Town having 2 perfectly serviceable PRs.

Also, Watchers don't seem fun in Newbies (just consider an IC-newbie scum team; who do you think is going to make the kill?) and Watcher-Doctor specifically is very much undesirable.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #132 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:43 am

In post 130, Zachrulez wrote:Anyway, if I'm one of the SEs or ICs and I happen to draw town, I'm sure a compelling argument can be made toward lynching one of the more experienced players based entirely on the probability of one of them being scum alone. (I just pick the least likely to be town and invent some reason to lynch them.)

The odds of there being scum among the other non-newbies is literally the same odds as the odds of there being scum among any group of players in that game of the same size. There's no substance to this argument.

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #166 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:36 am

Townie-Roleblocker-Tracker and MafiaRB-Tracker-Jailkeeper both suffer from having two roles that become significantly more powerful when one mafia dies - that's too swingy. In addition, the latter set-up raises the question of what result a Tracker receives if the RB and JK target each other.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”