Mini 1748: ClownTardis Mafia - GAME OVER!

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Kuroi, am I scum or is this a convenience vote?

Why is NM clear just for having blocked you N2?

You only mention that you get a towny vibe off of one of my posts, and no scummy vibes are quoted or mentioned.
What is your case on me?

I'm the one keeping the game going (with Talah) right now.
How does it appear I have given up?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:40 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I didn't vote you, did I?

I feel like with four votes, asking, "Is this a reaction test," is giving up. It seems like you've given up on arguing and more toward hoping they were bluffing.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1501, KuroiXHF wrote:I didn't vote you, did I?

I feel like with four votes, asking, "Is this a reaction test," is giving up. It seems like you've given up on arguing and more toward hoping they were bluffing.
I mean, I was hoping they were bluffing, and they were.
If they had had the hammer, I wouldn't have asked (as I would be dead).

I am curious if they had some sort of reason, other than just screwing with me, for that vote.

And my apologies, lets reword that.

Is your possible intent to vote for me because I am the current wagon, because you believe it inevitable, or because I am scummy?
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:22 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Well I feel like I'm missing the main reasons why you're the main vote, which is why I asked about the others.
Plottin Kittehs
Plottin Kittehs
Goon
Plottin Kittehs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Plottin Kittehs »

I'm considering what you said, Ari, about yourself and about notmaf. His ISO is easy to scumread but at the same time he is doing more than he did in Handwriting and I want to give him a pass for it but in The Odds I graded Aneninen on too much of a curve and it cost me the game so I'm not feeling particularly like grading people on curves at the moment.

I just...either one of the two of you is playing a stronger game than usual or Kuroi is a strongman-ninja who killed the jailkeeper so we'd think scum didn't have a strongman when he could have left the jailkeeper alive to generate more mislynches (including, eventually, the jailkeeper himself). Or a strongman ninja who didn't anticipate the implications of killing the jailkeeper and lucked into them.

I think I'm just reluctant to drop my earlier crackpot theory that the game was mountainous that we discussed with bro in the neighbourhood, even though it no longer really fits the game state given the Rob kill. I agree that Kuroi should be off the table for today given the roleblocked and likely jailkept scenario; I don't think we have time for paranoia lynching right now, not when it's almost certainly [ari or notmaf] and I'm just overthinking it.

Mala's busy with school but she checked in with me in the hydra PT last night and she says that she thinks one of ari / nm is obv scum and that the SK is a red herring.

@Notmaf
, earlier in the game you used a burden of proficiency argument against talah/mastina. Can you talk some more about your past experience with talah and why you expected more from talah than he was producing?

In post 1499, KuroiXHF wrote:So what we have here is Aristophanes who is more or less going to die. There WAS Not Mafia, but he pretty much explained N2. Then there's Plottin' Kittehs, Adaptive Heap, Aeronaut and BROseidon.

I'm not 100% sure if I'm ready to make the vote in light that there are some people that appear unchecked.
Do you have questions for any of these people that could help you make up your mind?

--P
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:20 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Not at this moment, no. I'd be much more interested in seeing how the game goes. I really don't want to put the hammer on Aristophanes, but I'd like to move the game and I don't know exactly how to do it. To be honest, I'm not on my A-Game here.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:23 am

Post by BROseidon »

I'll look at this again tonight, but there's like a 75% chance I just vote park on Ari and a 25% chance I switch to NM at this point.
Plottin Kittehs
Plottin Kittehs
Goon
Plottin Kittehs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:26 am

i'll do intent to hammer after you look at it again, I think, unless there are objections. i don't think i'll get much farther without a flip.

--P
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

May as well reveal my final part I also have an inventor ability where I can give a sonic screwdriver.
I didn't say this so I wouldn't be blocked.

I can confirm myself tonight by giving them out (double ability night tn) and I know they will go through even if I die tn (I asked Rift).

It wouldn't make sense to have scum giving out Sonics, and I can give one to Adaptive and one to another townread to confirm my motivations.

This is all I have left to offer.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

The Vanilla Cop is my other remaining ability, but I feigned it being my only remaining one in hopes I could use this final gift without interference.
- Jingle
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Why would there be a vanilla cop in a role madness game?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1510, Not_Mafia wrote:Why would there be a vanilla cop in a role madness game?

Red herring.

I already addressed this.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Why are there FBIs?
- Jingle
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Fucking magnets, how do they work?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Exactly.
- Jingle
Adaptive Heap
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Adaptive Heap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by Adaptive Heap »

I don't get the magnet reference unless you mean it was supposed to result in two mislynches.

There could still be an SK but I'd need to default back to thinking they had some kind of nerfed killing ability, or the scumteam only had Davsto's kill, or they'd return non-SK to an FBI investigation.

Your lynch comes down to PoE and risk aversion Aristo. I was more in the NM park but I'm listening to mastina's assessment (she thinks there reasons to think everyone is town) and I have to go back to trusting that Bro/Mala can read each other. Which means if the two slots are tending you that tips the balance.

Inventing at our slot is pointless since we're dead tonight. Who's the "other townread"? Did you crumb -any- of this?

Kittehs I don't remember Aristo's play from the other completed game we played. I was tied up in loftier captain crap but he seemed not much of a risk to leave alive Day 1, therefore I've got to conclude that he's somewhere between decent and excellent in awkward situations.

I have no objections to a hammer even this early. If Aristo's lynch comes back SK I'd be looking hard at Aero's slot. Otherwise, NM.

Best of luck.

-t
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:18 am

Post by BROseidon »

Yeah I'm sticking with the Ari lynch at this point. Ari->NM is my preferred order.
Plottin Kittehs
Plottin Kittehs
Goon
Plottin Kittehs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:35 am

VOTE: Aristophanes L-0

--P
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

Aristophanes
(4): BROseidon, Adaptive Heap, Not_Mafia, Plottin Kittehs
Not_Mafia
(1): Aristophanes

Not Voting
(2): Aeronaut, KuroiXHF

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Apologies! The flip will be delayed until I'm at my laptop in a couple hours
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

There has been an overabundance of ranting and pacing and gesticulating, today, and as it finally winds down with Aristophanes backing away, shaking his head. Behind him there's a popping sound as a new rift opens. The other side of the rift doesn't look that different from this side: orange-y purple twilight sky, rusty looking desert and a bunch of big four-armed green guys loping across the landscape.

Four arms? Wait a minute.

A spear reaches through the hole and snags Arisphanes by the collar. He's gaffed like a fish and pulled back through to the other side of the rift. You watch, fascinated, as he's thrown onto the rock-strewn orange sand. Just then, the green guys look back in the direction they came from, panic-stricken. With yells and waving arms (lots of waving arms), they hightail it onward, out of your field of vision.

Aristophanes stands up and dusts himself off, just in time to meet the onslaught of a huge herd of big, ugly eight legged creatures.

They pass, apparently chasing the green guys. When they're gone, there's no sign at all of Aristophanes.

"Mars???" one Doctor asks.

"Of course not. Barsoom" another Doctor answers.

The rift snaps shut.

Aristophanes was The Second Doctor,
Cosmic Hobo (Jack of All Trades)

Spoiler:
Welcome!

You are:

The Second Doctor
Cosmic Hobo (Jack of All Trades)

Your Abilities:

-
The Doctor's Weapon
: Your voice and your vote
-
Wield the TARDIS
: The TARDIS is a wonderful, nearly magical creation with a will of its own. However, it was meant to be piloted by not one but six, and as such you cannot control its abilities so well as you would like. Each night, you may select two players. Those players will become the target of one of the following abilities:
-
Scan for Skill
: Determine if one player's role is vanilla or not.
-
Scan for DNA
: Targets two players. Determines if both players share an alignment or not.
-
Scan for History
: you can target a dead player and learn the names of every player who targeted that player during the game while they were alive. The list of players will be in random order.
-
Foresee the Future
: During the Night phase you will be given information about the night kill(s) if any. You will be given four hours after the conclusion of the night phase to devise a headliner regarding what transpired which will be posted inside the moderator's Daybreak post.
-
Formulate Technology
: Your TARDIS will create a new and improved sonic screwdriver which you will then give to one player.

If the ability selected targets only one player, the first player you select will be chosen. If the Scan for History ability is selected you will be asked for one dead player's name. Each ability will only occur once. Once all abilities have been used you may use any ability freely.

Your Win Condition:

You win when all threats to the Space-Time Continuum have been eliminated.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Rift Adrift »

Night 4 begins now and will end on January 31 at Midnight US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2016-01-31 21:00:00)

If you would like for the night phase to end after all night actions have been received, let me know via PM. No PM will be taken as a "No, let the night end as usual" answer. If there's a unanimous "end it early" response, we'll do so.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Dawn has hardly arrived when you leave the Tardis this morning. The air is chill and dry, though the sun will soon beat down mercilessly. You almost step on a small figure lying in the sand, but lurch sideways to avoid crushing it.

You lift the doll-like figure carefully, and brush the sand from his waistcoat. An indescribable melange of sadness and dread washes over you.

Adaptive Heap was The Eighth Doctor
Essential Treasure

Spoiler:
Welcome!

You are:

The Eighth Doctor
Essential Treasure

Your Abilities:

-
The Doctor's Weapon
-
Unmistakable Presence
: You are the Doctor. All know you. Your role is known to exist at the start of the game.
-
Gaping Hole in the Universe
: You have saved millions, if not billions over your years. Planets were saved, genocides prevented, influences altered all thanks to you. Your loss would be the single greatest tragedy in the history of the universe. If you die, the following day phase will be skipped, resulting in 2 consecutive night phases.

Your Win Condition:

This loss is too devastating to contemplate. You have no stomach for arguments and interrogations today.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Night 5 begins now and will end on February 4 at Midnight US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2016-02-03 21:00:00)

As before -- If you would like for the night phase to end after all night actions have been received, let me know via PM. No PM will be taken as a "No, let the night end as usual" answer. If there's a unanimous "end it early" response, we'll do so.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

You awaken with a deep desire for Doctor-free quiet time. You've grown quite tired of your selves. When you leave the Tardis, you get a face full of windblown sand. In fact you get a full-body sandblast.

Despite the grit in your eyes...teeth...hair...you must admit that this morning dawns strangely beautiful.

There's a small, dark patch in the sand just ahead. You amble over, not surprised at all to find that it's another miniature Doctor. You reach down and pick the doll-like figure up.

It occurs to you that you're down to an almost manageable number of doctors.

Aeronaut was The Eighth Doctor
UNIT Mentalist

Spoiler:
Welcome!

You are:

The Twelfth Doctor
UNIT Mentalist

Your Abilities:

-
The Doctor's Weapon
-
Piercing Gaze
: You've been around for over 1300 years. In that time you've gained an almost psychic ability to understand another's motivations. You have decided to wield this power for the good of the inhabitants of Earth via the organization UNIT. Each night you can target a player. If the player is a serial killer you will receive a "Guilty" result. Otherwise an "Innocent" result will be returned.

Your Win Condition:

You head back to the Tardis, ready to do battle.

Babel-17
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

VC 6.1
Day 6 Begins!

Not Voting
(4): Plottin Kittehs, BROseidon, KuroiXFH, Not_Mafia

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline: February 18, Noon US Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-02-18 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

:]

Babel-17

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”