Gale Wing Srock
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Gale Wing Srock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by Gale Wing Srock »

In post 672, D3f3nd3r wrote:I'd consider playing.

Maybe what you could do if you don't get 34 people is try with 17 with everyone controlling two distant SCs?

In post 674, Fluminator wrote:Awesome! 17 players might work too. We'll see. Anyone interested can PM me, and I'll see if we get enough.

Wow you mean I can play diplomacy, mafia and survivor; all in one game? Count me
in
! ^_^

I would also like 17 Players with two centers. Since, atleast a one player attack will be possible on the first day.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Lokiben »

Hello all, I'm thinking about reviving Behind the Masks for a third go. I've received some feedback related to balancing the role list and streamlining the mechanics, and here's a compilation of my planned changes in response:

- /noswitches will only apply to the plate in your possession at the time of the /noswitch. If someone swaps plates with you, you are free to switch that plate.
-Musician and Blacksmith will receive slight buffs in the form of a fourth (fifth?) switch.
-Each player may challenge a second time, during the first Challenge Phase only. If players participate in three or more challenges during the first Challenge Phase, they may only select a number of gifts equal to the number of challenges they participated in, minus one.
-A new gift, the Coupon, will be added. The Coupon costs two gifts, and is redeemable at any time for another gift of the owner's choosing.
- /nochallenges are no longer free. This is something I've been considering for a while. It'd definitely force players to act strategically during the Challenge Phase, rather than simply abstaining. There would be a new gift, the Abstain, that each player starts with one of. A player expends an Abstain to /nochallenge.
-Alternatively, /nochallenges can be taken back.
-Players may take multiple Free Guesses each Voting Phase.
-Premium Food will be replaced with Antidotes. Antidotes are not attached to the plate, and the user who purchases the Antidote is guaranteed to not die of poison even if their plate is switched.
-Entertainer will be removed?
-Wizard is not revealed as the Wizard when magically killing someone?
-Monk is buffed in one of two ways: A) It alternates between the top of one list, and fifth from the bottom of the other list, or B) The Monk can choose how close it will be to the top of one list, but it will be equally far from the bottom of the other list.
-Royal's secret vote is worth double (triple?).
-Student moves up three spots each time it participates in a challenge instead of two. This would be accompanied by a drop in its initial standings.
-Dance and duel lists will be reshuffled. To what degree, I'm not sure. Feedback would be especially helpful here.
-Another new role, and a new item, both of which I'm excited about. I'm just awaiting permission from their creator before using them.
-Flavor things. I want to give cleaner and more fitting names to gifts such as Denies and Plate Switches. I'm thinking Denies can be called Gold Coins, and the challenger is paid off when he is turned down. Abstains can be Olive Branches or White Flags. As for Plate Switches, nothing comes to mind.
-No flavor stories. I just don't have the time. If someone else is interested in taking on that responsibility, let me know because I'd love to keep the lore if possible.

I'd love to hear what previous players and prospective players alike think of these changes, as well as any other feedback you might have to offer. Question marks indicate uncertainty on my part over implementing the changes.

A question I would like to ask everyone who is interested in playing: How many players is too many players?
I think last game, with sixteen, went mostly fine, and there's plenty of new role ideas that have been suggested to me that I'm considering. However at a certain point, I think that the enjoyability of new roles and mechanics is not worth the chaos it creates.

If this is too much for the Game Queue to handle, please tell me, and I can move it to its own thread that will eventually double as the signups/game thread.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:21 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Hello Large Social Queue!

I am currently looking for a[t least one] co-mod who is GOOD WITH SETUP BALANCE. I have a few ideas in mind, but they're all fairly vague and at least one would require some pretty heavy balance work to make sure it works.

Re: Theme. I have one I want to do, but I'm open to a lot of things theme wise, just don't expect me to know much.

If you're interested, let me know! Sype is preferred, but PM and sitechat also works.

EDIT: I already have 2 people who have asked to help. Many thanks <3.
Last edited by animorpherv1 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:25 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

EBWOP: I am also up for a more twist-heavy game than standard if that so pleases you.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:11 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Hello everyone! I am here to announce:

Survivor: LoL be taking
20 players
and are not accepting pre-/ins, but you may PM Drench, BiPolarChemist, or myself if you want to be notified. We are not quite ready for queue but are moving fast.

JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by JDGA »

lol
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Lokiben »

Thanks to those who have given me feedback. Behind the Masks 3 will hopefully go up either tonight or tomorrow. Feel free to /pre-in through PM.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Just spoke with xof.

Survivor: #2016 will be hitting signups in the next couple of days.

We're going to leave signups open for
2 weeks
. We will then close them, spend about a week getting the forum ready, and start the game.
green shirt thursdays
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:20 am

Post by xofelf »

Hi everyone, so there's some changes and announcements that need to be made. First, Eon should be finishing within the next month or so. If you have a game in queue, or in planning, please update me on its status. I still want to have a schedule of games if at all possible. Also if you have a game in queue, please be trying to work on it. Less stagnant queue, more fun games! Secondly, due to actions during Battle of the Bands, Drench will not be modding any Large Social Games for the period of a game cycle. Which means, either a game has to come before he mods, or 2 months have to pass. I apologize if this means that no games will be running for a bit. Mods have lives and my only job is to make sure games can run smoothly, not that there are games to run.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by DeathNote »

DBZA is still active and nearly complete.

At this point, I just need a Mod to help me finish the forums. I still have Xof but she is currently busy. If there is someone who is an experienced mod and can help me with the cleaning up of the forum, I would gladly accept your help. Challenges are 90% done and mechanics are in place, just need to make it pretty.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Skype is tatetothetot

Go ahead and add me if you are interested.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

LOLS is ready to go with or without Drench if need be, but would gladly accept a review in either case.

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Chevre »

I don't get how Drench's actions in BotB (which are of a questionable offense anyway) as a
PLAYER
mean he cannot moderate anything for a period time.

There's like zero transparency on this issue and I'm confused.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Seems pretty random tbh
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I think it was a mutually agreed upon punishment, because otherwise yeah, it makes no sense to punish his moderation for his player stuff + doesn't jive with CC's statements in the BOTB thread.
green shirt thursdays
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:50 am

Post by xofelf »

It was mutually agreed on, yes.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:02 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 737, Chevre wrote:I don't get how Drench's actions in BotB (which are of a questionable offense anyway) as a
PLAYER
mean he cannot moderate anything for a period time.

There's like zero transparency on this issue and I'm confused.

... You do know he personally attacked people multiple times, correct? Called them devoid of redeeming qualities, etc.

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

tbf
green shirt thursdays
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:24 am

Post by Papa Zito »

lol
Kappa
Just Monika
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Chevre »

okay then. sounds good :)
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 736, animorpherv1 wrote:would gladly accept a review in either case.

I'm actually going to be doubling down on this soon, so PM me or send me a skype if you'd want to do this!

CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 739, xRECKONERx wrote:I think it was a mutually agreed upon punishment, because otherwise yeah, it makes no sense to punish his moderation for his player stuff + doesn't jive with CC's statements in the BOTB thread.

In the future, we will be making more of an effort to warn players in advance if the mods of the game don't approve of comments a player makes. Drench wasn't warned at all really, which is why I wasn't in favor of banning him based on his actions. But yes, it was mutually agreed upon. I don't want what we do to be anything less than transparent.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:18 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Shadoweh »

You know, instead of an I don't know what it means section, you could just explain what the twists would mean. :p
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Maybe that data point has value to him.
Kappa
Just Monika

Return to “Social Game Archive”