Blitz 25: Super Mario uPick! (Koopa Troop victory!)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Super Mario Mafia:
Votecount #2.23:

BlueTrin (1): Amihan
Ranger (0):
Frozen Angel (0):
Xtoxm (0):
Amihan (0):
Heat (0):
Fire Starter (0):
Firebringer (0):
Aristophanes (0):
Flubbernugget (0):

Not voting: Ranger, Heat, BlueTrin, Xtoxm, Firebringer, Aristophanes, Frozen Angel, Flubbernugget, Fire Starter

With 10 alive it's 6 to lynch.

Night falls in (expired on 2016-02-16 19:00:00).

Picture:
Rosalina Sportswear

Notes:
Rest in peace, Rosalina.
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

zzz.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 546, Aristophanes wrote:In fact, I'd say the chances of the neighbourizer being scum are quite likely.

this comment gives me hives
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 552, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 546, Aristophanes wrote:In fact, I'd say the chances of the neighbourizer being scum are quite likely.

this comment gives me hives
Care to explain why?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Fire Starter »

@Mod V/LA til Monday

I may be able to chime in occasionally with recent things guys but I won't be able to catch up or make big posts.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

you're trying to push that i'm scum based on my role

on top of that it's a role that's pretty much only ever given to town
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 555, Xtoxm wrote:you're trying to push that i'm scum based on my role

I'm like 99% certain I have been in a game with a scum neighbourizer before.

And I'm using it as a jump off point, not pushing you as scum based on it solely.
In fact, I have yet to make a scum case on you.

And I'm looking at it from a balance standpoint as well.

It, to me, makes sense as a somewhat mason counter. As in, Scum gets their own group of people who they can chat with in private, like the masons.
So they can push their agenda a little easier and maybe garner a townread and towncred from it.

This is all theory, but I don't think it's unlikely by any means.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Pretty sure I have seen a scum neighborizer, but its like 10:1 ratio on that I feel.
I have seen like a dozen and vast majority were town.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I think that final vote would have magically materialised from somewhere had Ranger been town, so i'm going with this.

VOTE: Ranger
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 558, Xtoxm wrote:I think that final vote would have magically materialised from somewhere had Ranger been town, so i'm going with this.

VOTE: Ranger
not necessarily.
Though I'm not against this.
- Jingle
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I don't like aristos fence sitting.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 560, Firebringer wrote:I don't like aristos fence sitting.
I'm just tired. Probably won't be at this much longer tonight and I have to do more researching before I can make any hard stances after the mess that was the end of last phase.
- Jingle
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by BlueTrin »

I am catching up now and sorry for my part about the mess, I had too many beers. If you believe that I should take the blame I am ready to take it and will try to be helpful with my last day then.

I got grilled on my read list and want to improve using your feedback, let me know if this is better. I want to be better at this game, so any feedback is useful for a new player.

Frozen Angel leaning town

Claimed to be Peach and cannot be lynched. She is either town or trying to not be the center of attention.
It would make only sense to me to do the second only if you are really threatened.
So I believe that she has more chances to be town than scum.

What I didn't like is the fact that you were encouraging us to consider Amihan's mod claim:

then you dismissed him as causing troubles in 190

FA, also, I believe that you were trying to get a reaction out of me, but maybe next time you can spend a bit more time reading my posts when the answer to your question is just two posts below.

FA, even though I believe that you are town, you tend to post alot. And alot of it is not really content, you often post two times in row or more link.
Don't know about others, but this makes the information harder to read, if you collated everything in a single post that you previewed before to send, I would find it alot easier to read.

Just my own opinion: feel free to disregard.

I note that you believe that Amihan didn't push the vote against the mod by accident 385): you believe that he has an ulterior motive and possibly backed down when he was about to be lynched. But didn't RC said that nothing will happen by lynching him link. So can we drop it and stop wasting any more time now ?

Aristophanes town

Ari tried to stop the Ami thing on D1 70
In general I believe Ari tries to sort out the game: he asks people to explain themselves and decide only afterwards.
For example he did this for Ranger

FB sees this as fence sitting
In post 560, Firebringer wrote:I don't like aristos fence sitting.
. I disagree, he puts the vote when needed.

Ranger leaning scum

I read Jackal's ISO as leaning scum. I already said that I read this post 45 as an indication that he does not want a no lynch rather than interpreting it as face value. However what I didn't like, is the fact that he didn't reply to people who mentioned this post as being scummy. It could be that he really didn't have time as he left afterwards but that could be seen as scummy as well.

I read Ranger's ISO as leaning townish. She caught up and she is posting content now 547. I want to see more content before to be sure about this slot. I didn't like the fact that she didn't participate at the end of the day although I did the same ...
For example in 85, he says that he wanted to try to lynch RC because the worst could be a no lynch. In my opinion, he obviously did not want a no lynch, it was his way to say, I know something ... follow me. That's at least how I read it.
Flubbernugget leaning townish

I like the fact that he posts mostly about the game and tries to bring information to the table rather than fluff.
I didn't like the vote against FA without a reason 406

Amihan leaning scum

I really believe that he made his mistake genuinely: this post does not seem to me to be a lie 102.
Also, he looks like he is trying to sort the game in the second half of D1. link.

Of course if you were some posts at face value, you would deduce that he is scum, but I don't think you should read every post at face value ...

I am leaning scum on him now because he is defending himself by wanting to limit the focus to a group where he is not.
In post 536, Amihan wrote:I think we should limit our focuses today to people who were voting the Mason up to L-1. Not because that's scummy, but because it'll result in a lower chance of wagoning another Mason in case scum can't tell already who they are.

I see this as an attempt to deflect.

---

I didn't finish to go again through every ISO, but because there is so much content maybe it is better that I go with the flow ?
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by BlueTrin »

In post 557, Firebringer wrote:

Pretty sure I have seen a scum neighborizer, but its like 10:1 ratio on that I feel.
I have seen like a dozen and vast majority were town.

I don't have statistics about this, but in your 1 out of 10 game, was the scum neighbouriser also in a game where there were masons ?
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by BlueTrin »

In post 547, Ranger wrote:
Firebringer wrote:We were really thinking Lilith might have been scum for claiming late in the day like that.
Yeah, no kidding. I was convinced going into N1 that lilith was scum with [REDACTED - probably the second mason], pulling the same gambit from Blitz 1: she claimed with
out
her mason buddy also claiming, with no actual indication that she was a mason.

I guess I can submit that as evidence for why I'm not scum? Because I (1) know her partner, and (2) wouldn't have nightkilled her when I'm scumreading her.

Firebringer wrote:Also thought Ranger was scum since we couldn't get that lynch at the end of the day.
I couldn't get pignash lynched in Youtube Mafia D2, either, and I thought the same thing, but no. pignash was town there, I am town here.

Aristophanes wrote:I don't know about a Neighbourhood and a Mason group both being town.
In fact, I'd say the chances of the neighbourizer being scum are quite likely.
When it's a targeted action, the only thing to question is the alignment of the targeter: Firebringer is still town, FA still town, so the only question is whether Xtoxm is town or not.

I think you misunderstood Ari, he meant to say that the Neighbouriser was possibly put on a scum player to counter the masons for balance.

Also it does not mean that the targets of the neighbourhood have to be town: link to Wiki. Unlike masons we are not guaranteed that the members of a neighbourhood are town, but the Wiki says that most of the time the neighbouriser is town, so it says Xtorm is town unless it was put as a counter against the masons by RC.

I thought that Lilith was scum as well.

Now that I went through Thursday's posts, people say that you shouldn't vote someone who claims mason on day 1. Is that because the drawbacks outweigh the benefits of catching a liar ?
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Someone asked what would have happened if you brought me to L0 last day ... I would get lynched.

I won't say anything about today unless I feel its necessary. I have the loved modifier with me though.

and about my posting style : sorry if its frustrating but thats how I post. That's a bit hard for me to change my posting style. But anyway I will try :]
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Heat
Heat
Mafia Scum
Heat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by Heat »

You said you were unlynchable
Heat
Heat
Mafia Scum
Heat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Heat »

Wait disregard that

It's late at night
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by BlueTrin »

In post 565, Frozen Angel wrote:Someone asked what would have happened if you brought me to L0 last day ... I would get lynched.

I won't say anything about today unless I feel its necessary. I have the loved modifier with me though.

and about my posting style : sorry if its frustrating but thats how I post. That's a bit hard for me to change my posting style. But anyway I will try :]

I realised that you must be posting by phone now, isn't it ? That's why you cannot collate everything into one post, isn't it ?

Just disregard me if that's the case.

I also thought that you claimed to be unlynchable on day 1, am I misinterpreting ?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 562, BlueTrin wrote:I disagree, he puts the vote when needed.

He admitted it was fence sitting.
Fence sitting doesn't equate to scum, town can be indecisive too.
Show

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 568, BlueTrin wrote:
In post 565, Frozen Angel wrote:Someone asked what would have happened if you brought me to L0 last day ... I would get lynched.

I realised that you must be posting by phone now, isn't it ? That's why you cannot collate everything into one post, isn't it ?

I also thought that you claimed to be unlynchable on day 1, am I misinterpreting ?

Yep I phone post a lot

and I explained my lynchproof and explained that it has modifiers - read the last pages of last day.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I liked the Blue Trins new post

I want an insta-lynch on Ranger becuase that last minute survival was so damn scummy

BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by BlueTrin »

In post 570, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 568, BlueTrin wrote:

Got it, if you are not lying then you are almost surely town for obvious reasons.

Yep I phone post a lot

and I explained my lynchproof and explained that it has modifiers - read the last pages of last day.
BlueTrin
BlueTrin
Goon
BlueTrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Post by BlueTrin »

Sorry posting from a phone ...
I meant to say: I got your post where you explain it. Also if you are not lying this means that you are almost surely town for obvious reasons: don't think RC would make an unlynchable scum ? That seems a bit too much even in this theme game :)
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I'm sure I saw scum lynchproof before. in a game with vig of course.

but thats pure wifom! lets read me based on my actions in game! shall we? :D

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”