new fire emblem fuck yeah.

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

new fire emblem fuck yeah.

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:40 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

inb4 prodded in all games and failing games and friends think I'm dead.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #45 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:09 am

I think that Radiant Dawn has by far the best music, followed by Awakening. Conquest didn't really compare to either of those IMO.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:30 am

We need to get Raskolnikov in here for his opinion on Sorrowful Prince Pelleas.
But seriously there was sooooooo much good stuff in RD. Echoes, Grasping Truth, the one for the Dheginsea fight, its version of Mist's theme which didn't make the game, the 3rd version of At Peace which also didn't make the game, Zelgius's music, the extended Oliver theme, the one from the Endgame dream sequences whose name I can't remember, the cutscene remix of creeping serpent or w/e.

I absolutely love the music surrounding what's-her-face's fall, especially the map music from the following chapter, but there's also the Id musics which were all good and especially

The only songs from PoR that truly stood out for me were Father's Back, Rally the Spirit, and the Daein/Ashnard/Black Knight themed musics.
The music in RD's Endgame chapters alone blow the rest of the series out of the water for me.

FE8's Lyon musics were all good, Determination, the Endgame music, just lots of stuff that I don't remember anymore since I haven't played it in years.
FE7 had Distant Utopia, the final boss one, Requiem accompanied by the most moving scenes in the series.

There's a version of Tiki's theme from FE3 that stands out so much for me as well.
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #62 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:12 am

In post 59, Andrius wrote:IIRC he's Voice 2.

I mean, I won't fight the dull/tedious/etc stuff because that's basically FE: Fates in a nutshell for me since the plot is weak and it feels like its here for the characters and/or dating sim/parenting sim etc.
Don't get me wrong, I love Morgan and Brady. But I feel like the series has shifted visibly and I'm definitely part of the old guard who just scratches their heads.
Heck I didn't even want to buy Fates because of the changes etc but I caved in for a 14hour airplane flight.
Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I still loved Awakening but Fates was really missing something for me. The quality of the writing has gone way, way down.

I think Radiant Dawn was the end of Fire Emblem being a truly cinematographic experience.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #65 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:26 am

I recommend starting, in the following order, Path of Radiance if you have a Gamecube, Awakening if you have a 3DS, or Blazing Sword (Fire Emblem with no subtitle) if you have a GBA and want a retro experience. Path of Radiance has the best story, Blazing Sword has the best characters and gameplay, Awakening is sort of the middle ground and also has a bunch of new mechanics that a lot of people like and is also a fantastic game in its own right.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:01 am

I'm hesitant to say that people should start blazing sword because it's incredibly depressing and I feel like it's a hard place to start the series.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #93 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:44 pm

In post 90, Vi wrote:The solution to everyone's problems is for people to come visit me. To spend 30 hours playing video games.

I guess me doing the visiting works about as well.

(Radiant Dawn was going for $120 fwiw, like come on now why did you go to such effort to make these games and then not sell them)
Where are you?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #119 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:06 am

In post 115, Vi wrote:Kana/Dwyer/Sophie/Midori/Shigure's paralogues use Revelation scaling so those are harder, but for everything else the difference between Hard and Lunatic in Birthright is like +3 HP on generic enemies and +5 HP/+3 Atk on bosses. Other than that I think Birthright throws a few more enemies in and a LOT more enemies when you trigger reinforcements. The major differences come starting in Ch. 23 when they start cramming in enemy density. Nonetheless, you should try it - I think you'll find it's not as intimidating as you're expecting. (Lunatic in Revelation is quite a bit harder because it's 100% stat inflation, and Lunatic in Conquest is MAXIMUM TROLLING.)

---

PoR Ch. 8 was one of the harder maps in the game IMO, because you don't have enough obvious defensive units to cover everything but you don't get a choice not to. If you're playing with restrictions it's pretty tough to KO the boss.
How is Conquest lunatic? never tried it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #136 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:58 am

Just a plug in if you've played and loved Fire Emblem you will almost certainly love the Paper Mario series, also by IS.

Thosuand Year Door is by far the best.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #219 (isolation #9) » Fri May 05, 2017 7:41 pm

In post 212, chamber wrote:I'm playing though it atm as well, finding it way too easy? Maybe there was a difficulty setting option that I missed.
Path of Radiance is generally very easy unfortunately. I've played JPN Maniac and that's still easy.

Try HHM FE7 or RD Hard if you're looking for more of a challenge.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #281 (isolation #10) » Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am

one helluva birthday present :]
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #284 (isolation #11) » Fri May 19, 2017 5:40 am

I haven't played it yet but I intend to go get it =]
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #363 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:52 am

i finally get to play this new fire emblem

zero spoilers wish me luck
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #365 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:56 pm

wheeeee

Spoiler: thoughts
idk I thought it was gonna be overly weebified trash by just the premise but damn. i got to enter it spoiler free and i'm so glad i did. started blue lions per GIF's recommendation
i was like enjoying it pre-timeskip but damn the tone shift was so well executed. seeing the characters as adults again. battle for gronder field contrast with eagle and lions was so well done
i don't think dimitri's character was like perfectly executed or even close to it but damn the way everyone dealt with having him around was.
claude's route was equally good but in different ways. loved maddening a lot more than freddy emblem lunatic. god. 12 lieutenants fight was amazing.

i loved these games as a kid and kind of forgot what it was supposed to be like since radiant dawn was the last one to really do it for me
the contrast between the general juvenile antics of the kids and their supports vs the cast all grown up was just beautiful.

to me this probably was the best fire emblem, and one of the best games that I've ever played.

Return to “The Arcade”