Chaos Diplomacy FINISHED! Who were the survivors?

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Lokiben »

Leggo. Before I say anything, are we allowed to talk right now? The rules say press is disabled during the build phase.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Lokiben »

In post 11, Fluminator wrote:
Lokiben wrote:Leggo. Before I say anything, are we allowed to talk right now? The rules say press is disabled during the build phase.

In public press, press is allowed during builds and retreats.
Thanks for asking.

Cool beans. ani, I'm building a fleet that I'm going to take either North or South. If we both leave each other be, neither of us should have to worry about fighting a war on two fronts for a good chunk of time.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Lokiben »

...France?
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Lokiben »

In post 64, Cybele wrote:I'm open for an alliance with France.

France and the Spanish peninsula, si?
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Lokiben »

@STD and ani- I'm going to take mao if neither of you object. It's literally my only option, unless I hold.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:55 am

Post by Lokiben »

In post 343, Zulfy wrote:Tunis and Spain could also tag-team portugal.

Or maybe Spain could honor the unspoken but heavily implied terms of the SpanFran Alliance in which we don't cross attack. :shifty:
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Lokiben »

In post 427, Snakes wrote:
@Lokiben:
Since we're both western countries with fleets, what do you say to a non-aggression pact?

If we're ever to cross paths then sure. :D
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Lokiben »

Ani, can you reassure me that we're allies? Because although we're both part of the SpanFran alliance, I've got a maritime neutrality agreement in place with GB, and you've got something in the Mediterranean. I'm putting a lot of trust in you by taking my fleet out to sea.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Lokiben »

In post 635, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 625, Zulfy wrote:Then take Portugal!

No he's not. If him taking Portugal is going to be a thing I will bump him - no one gets Portugal until I say otherwise.

In post 636, animorpherv1 wrote:EBWOP: And if anyone gets Portugal its going to be me.

Well, I guess my trust was misplaced, then. Looks like I'm being tagteamed by Tunis and Spain. I can defend my on SC for now, since that's all I really need, but does STD, D3f, or Mist think they can send some support my way next year? After all, it's their alliance ani is ditching too. This plea also extends to GB, since I'm all that stands between them and the Mediterranean powerhouse in the water.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:16 am

Post by Lokiben »

In post 688, Zulfy wrote:
Gaining Portugal directly affects our ability to defend Greece and anatolia.

Wat. From whom? The Brits? Yeah, I'm sure Turkey is number one on their hit list.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:54 am

Post by Lokiben »

@ My apologies, ani. I really would like to trust you, but seeing where our respective alliances are pulling us, I have a hard time putting you out of mind.

I haven't forgotten this:

In post 367, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 364, Aronis wrote:
In post 363, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 362, Aronis wrote:
@anybody in my alliance:
what should I be doing? Is conquering north africa an okay move?

Basically, you have these options:

1) Be Boring and take North Africa
2) Force Me to take Portugal
3) Start a (rather unadvised) war against Italy.

Do you want to conquer portugal and need my help?
And I won't be attacking italy.

Not necessarily, no - But if you get withing Portugal attack range I'm going to have to take it.

Looking at the map, there's only one logical destination for Aronis' fleet next turn.

SpanFran is pretty dead, so I'm torn between France and GB, and the Medagree right now. I've mulled over remaining neutral for the time being, but Aronis and ani and Mist can overwhelm me pretty quickly if I don't cooperate, and other then ani having previously given his word, they have no incentive to leave me be.

If I were to take you up on your offer, Dan, I don't see much of a future for Portugal. The only way I could take Spain would be if Spain's army vacates Spain, and captures Portugal. Then ani and I will just have swapped locations and that wouldn't be very productive. Plus, I'd then be caught between a hammer and an anvil, with Marseilles to the East. I think we're just to geographically separate for an alliance to work.

Medagree, I'd like to join your ranks, if you'll accept me. I'll offer up the mao to Tunis's fleet in this event, and bring my fleet back to land so I can arrange a convoy for next year.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Lokiben »

In post 902, DeathNote wrote:Regardless of what you choose Loki, i don't see any reason for us to not remain friends. Just throwing that out there.

Oops, I called you Dan. And my mind is open.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Lokiben »

@ani

I hope you don't think I'm upset with you. No need to be sorry; the rule book literally comes from an interface for this game called 'Backstabbr', so what I (mis)interpreted never would have offended me. Plus, if I'm part of the Mediterranean agreement now, we have no reason to be at odds objectively either.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Lokiben »

In post 934, Save The Dragons wrote:Hey Loki are you and I cool?

I can't speak for just myself anymore. Probably not, but it's nothing personal.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #959 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Lokiben »

Oof, you guys are making this tough.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Lokiben »

Aronis, I cleared the Mid-Atlantic for you. :( I would have held if I had known.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (isolation #16) » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Lokiben »

Returning to Portugal for Tunis really set me back. I just realized I can't spawn a new unit now since I'm occupying my original spot. I guess it's mostly my fault since Aronis wasn't online between when I declared my intention to clear the mao for him and the deadline. I don't know what plans Tunis has in store now, but they don't seem interesting in moving north anymore, so I think I'll take the mao back.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:48 am

Post by Lokiben »

Preemptive warning that I will be needing a replacement next week when I go V/LA.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Lokiben »

I'm taking the mao, again.

In post 1174, Fluminator wrote:
In post 1172, Lokiben wrote:Preemptive warning that I will be needing a replacement next week when I go V/LA.

I should have someone available in a week to replace if you need it. If it's not long you can just give me orders for the next few turns and you'll be fine.

That works too. I'm assuming I can set conditionals for the moves I'd be taking. How far can I go with that? Could I, say, leave all my moves in the hands of the Medagree? I can set more specific terms later.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1333 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Lokiben »

In post 1323, Mist7676 wrote:
In post 1316, OhGodMyLife wrote:
In post 1301, DeathNote wrote:Crap Defender didn't move into GAS... now we have no way to pressure Medagree for being so aggressive. Whats worse, Mist still managed to get into Bul without support.

Check the moves - D3f supported mist's army from Mar. Which might turn out to have been actual suicide.

Yeah, I don't understand why he did that? But he did!

So Ani, what do you want to do this round? You could support me into Paris and we can both gain a supply center. Plus, there's nothing that anybody can really do to stop us.

If you two go through with this, I can move into Brest and bounce out Liverpool if they try anything.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Lokiben »

Either ani and D3f swap locations, or they stay put along with Mist and Snakes, regardless of whether or not I intervene. My lone fleet is going to be pretty ineffective by itself if I move North.

For Mist and ani, how does this sound?

1. I move my fleet into Gascony. This way, I can support the two of you regardless if ani ends this year in Paris or Brest.

2. Next year, the two of you support me next year to move into wherever D3f ends up. I nominate myself for moving into this territory, partly for selfish reasons, and also because if I leave my fleet in Gascony, I'll cut ani's newly spawned unit off (ani could spawn a fleet to take the mao, but then my latest fleet would be cut off).

3. Mist decides if we're going to continue north or turn east by moving her old army somewhere. Her new army slides into Burgundy as the old one moves out.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (isolation #21) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Lokiben »

There's literally no way that my lone fleet can be anything but a nuisance up North. The best I can do is force Snakes to hold his newly spawned fleet in place, and I run a fair risk of being forced back or dissolved if anyone else in GB gets involved.

There's no way for this year will end with either side in control of both territories. Our best move is to move my fleet into a position where it can play kingmaker next year.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (isolation #22) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Lokiben »

In post 1376, Snakes wrote:

In post 1372, Lokiben wrote:There's literally no way that my lone fleet can be anything but a nuisance up North. The best I can do is force Snakes to hold his newly spawned fleet in place, and I run a fair risk of being forced back or dissolved if anyone else in GB gets involved.

There's no way for this year will end with either side in control of both territories. Our best move is to move my fleet into a position where it can play kingmaker next year.

What position is that? I still want to work with you. I don't even have a quarrel with Ani, as long as he stops telling people to attack me.

Gascony. I don't have beef with you either, but I'm for sure getting involved in Northern France and if you are too, then we're on collision course.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Lokiben »

Yeah, I fucked up. My fleet can't move into Paris. ani probably wants Gascony to get to Northern France, so I'll build a new fleet and have all my might head north, I guess.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Lokiben »

The clock says I still have 2 hours and 38 minutes to build that fleet I wanted. :(
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1705 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Lokiben »

F-mao -> English Channel is what I've got.

Also, I'm currently waiting on a reply from Fluminator over whether I can let the Medagree decide my moves while I'm V/LA, if a replacement can't be found. Otherwise I'll do my best to arrange a complicated series of conditionals to decide my moves.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Lokiben »

In my leave, all my actions will be in the hands of the Medagree members (Spain, Marseilles, Rome, Naples, and Greece). They can cast votes each phase for the movement and building of my units, and can also move to grant votes to other countries, in case I missed someone. Spain's vote counts double. Au revoir.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Lokiben »

I was going by post 136, sorry Shadoweh.
Ankara has a vote too.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”