Chaos Diplomacy FINISHED! Who were the survivors?

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 19, Axxle wrote:Russia/Scandinavia alliance?

Nah, you really want a British/Scandinavia alliance.

(I'm just assuming we in Britain are working together)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by AcRv »

(Holland is in Scandinavia as far as I'm concerned, too)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by AcRv »

Hang on, I suck at Geography, ignore me. But I'm not against having support from random nations so the offer does stand.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by AcRv »

... I may or may not be hurriedly changing my build to one as I type this.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by AcRv »

On the Banette-Zubat scale I'm leaning more to Zubat end this game.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:41 pm

Post by AcRv »

Spoiler: fluffposting that makes the page unnecessarily long - gonna be doing this on all fluff posts
In post 124, DeathNote wrote:Prop 5: We must lay down arms and surrender when Britannia attacks. Yelling the British are coming is
optional
Mandatory

Thought I needed to fix that.

In post 156, DeathNote wrote:
In post 154, Snakes wrote:This Mediterranean alliance looks fun! Can I join?

Unless anyone has any objections, I'm thinking of moving into the nao for now.

No objections but you are pretty far away from the action there. I don't care if you get a little closer to London in case we end up needing support somewhere.

Just my two cents.

Well if we're friends with Scandinavia too then I'm seeing one direction for me to go. I'm not fussed where you guys go so long as it's not an unannounced visit to my home centre.

@TheBreeze:
I think that discussions only need be formal if the situation demands it - like for example before we move somewhere make sure neighbouring allies are okay with it. I don't want to be scrolling through people constantly requoting multi-paragraph posts to come to the conclusion that they like each other. We get it, we're at friendship. I can't believe I'm the one saying that.

If it is Northerners as a fierce crew, then Baltic Sea ideally should be ours - they can't even do anything about that because it's only armies along the coast. Gives us good support there. Just my thoughts, that's your area.

@
DeathNote
Gale Wing Srock
, and
Klick
: I think that North Sea is my only decent move - if we all support that it guarantees we gain that position which will help us push down. Maybe Sweden could move there instead but I have the feeling Snakes wants me as far away from his home centre as possible.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 230, DeathNote wrote:Not sure how nervous you are klick but i don't see Denmark being in any danger from Britannia. We are going to want to establish a presence on northern Europe so already having you on our side just encourages us to protect you as the alliance's hold.

Britannia has no business going into Denmark - it's a Scandinavian territory. We will support where we can, but us actively entering your territory is just off.

In post 219, Cybele wrote:Also, moving your warships into the North Sea is a damn good way to put yourself at the top of my list. You've been warned, fellas.

We're going to the mainland. I think we can be open about that, it's not like we have anywhere else to go. Also, you built a navy. We were always on your list. Or Scandinavia. But they're our friends too.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:31 am

Post by AcRv »

In post 244, Klick wrote:4.
@Great Britain/Low Countries (DeathNote, AcRv, Cybele, Jelly):
What's in it for me? :P

Well, we aren't going to do any unrealistic promises like getting "the first centre". We can promise you a fair share in centres as we obtain more, but let's be honest, we can't make predictions as to whose ship will be where when the fighting actually happens.

Though, practically speaking, it's 3v2 at the moment on that North Sea dispute. If you join us, 4v2. You are immediately on the side in the better position which will guarantee a longer lifespan. If you take their side, it's now a 3v3 on that first turn. This gives nobody any guarantees.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:08 am

Post by AcRv »

I'm cool with Portugal.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 577, Snakes wrote:
In post 408, Klick wrote:
Alright. I honestly think allying with both Great Britain and Russia will spell our doom in a few years. We need to commit to an attack somewhere. I propose that somewhere be GB. I think we can trust the Low Countries/Germany right now, especially Germany, since they're primarily land-based and obviously not focused on us right now.

Have you reconsidered this? I'm not crazy about you being in the North Sea if you're hostile to Britain.

Specifically he didn't want to be in an alliance given he was positioned between Russia and Britain and middle allies apparently get stabbed more.

So if we were to, just hypothetically for the moment, drop Russia from Britain's list of allegiances, would you take our side in this conflict?

Even if we do drop them from our allegiance list, the friendship list is big enough for 32 people <3
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:05 am

Post by AcRv »

Post 711 is cool with me DeathNote.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by AcRv »

My point with "But they're our friends too" was "building a fleet clearly means you want to attack me or an ally so I see no reason not to attack you."
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:14 pm

Post by AcRv »

I missed a whole heap because yay uni but we working with Scandinavia again? I'm cool with that. Reading everything through but count me as confirmed on moving back to Edinburgh unless I say otherwise.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by AcRv »

Gonna move North Sea then.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by AcRv »

Assuming Klick advances somewhere
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by AcRv »

Any trip to Snake's home centre we'll have time to react to, especially if DN stays in London.

If the fleet moves to MAO, then DN will have to move to Clyde to offer it a defense.

I'll go again for North Sea.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1935 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by AcRv »

I WAS GOOD THIS GAME! I DIDN'T HURT SNAKES!

That being said, I don't really know what to do now. I can't have my regular "try to push Klick's fleet out of the North Sea" routine now he's not there to try and push out of the way.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:42 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 1936, DeathNote wrote:Do you want to be in the North Sea? Either you can support me into it or I can support you into it.

I am 90% sure you're going to do to me exactly what you did to Snakes last round, I'll just put that out here now.

That being said, there's nothing I can do about it, and I'll be in a better position should I not be in Britain. So I'm gonna move to North Sea, if you support me then yay, we're in a good spot. If you move toward me, then it doesn't matter anyway. If you do intend on backstabbing my home base, you could at least do me the favour of giving me a better chance off-shore?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2028 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 1984, DeathNote wrote:I won't pretend like i don't want all of Britain at this point but i also can't be wasting time moving both fleets up when i know pressure from France will hit soon. No, I'll support you and move Liverpool out.

A'ight, if you say so.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by AcRv »

Also, I'm in the North Sea because I'm literally useless in Edinburgh - North Sea I am in a position to support people. I've lost track of whose allied with who, but I'll look through it all and see what I should be doing from the North Sea. But at least I'll be able to do something.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2232 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by AcRv »

Sorry, had stuff come up.

I was thinking of moving to Hel anyway.

Light Blue, who are you again? Are we allied? Are you at war with Dark Blue? Am I allied with Dark Blue? Do either need support in attacking the other?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2233 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by AcRv »

Oh, hang on, OGML IS dark blue.

That would explain why he doesn't want me in Hel.

Randommidget, want my support?
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:10 am

Post by AcRv »

I'm the yellow guy thinking of moving into Hel to give you better support.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2267 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by AcRv »

In post 2243, Randomnamechange wrote:I don't really need it ACRV. Thanks for the offer though

If you don't know what to do, you can move Sweden to Baltic Sea (or whatever that sea is next to Denmark, I can go Hel, and then we can try for Kiel.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by AcRv »

I know exactly what DeathNote was doing. I was counting on RandomMidget not ignoring you and asking for his support when raiding Kiel so I would take the centre there.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2298 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by AcRv »

I would rather take a risk and get involved then just spent the whole game sitting at home doing jack all.

Especially as holing up would've lead to DeathNote just overpowering me anyway - staying home was going to be both boring AND lead me to lose the game.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2300 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by AcRv »

But you both know you really wanna see the other lose ;)
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2329 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by AcRv »

I'll support English Channel into North Sea so you don't lose a turn killing me. I completely understand the convenience of controlling everyone.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”