Individual-1 (Donald Trump)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #14  (isolation #0)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:53 am

Ok. So, I'm curious, what do you think about the violence surrounding his rallies? What specifically do you like about his policies besides "He tells it like it is"? Because that's all I've heard from the people supporting him.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #206  (isolation #1)  » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:28 pm

In post 98, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Trump will hire smart people that help him make good decisions for America. MAGA you nimble navigators. Canada will accept any americans that want to hop the fence when Trump is elected.

@ ABR, Shotty:

When Donald Trump says that he's going to make Mexico pay for the wall keeping them out, I don't understand how you can look at him and say "wow, that guy knows his stuff!". Do you really believe that would every work?
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #208  (isolation #2)  » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:58 pm

4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #211  (isolation #3)  » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:24 pm

A wall, yea. Not a wall that mexico pays for.

Try again. How's it gonna be funded, ABR?
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1452  (isolation #4)  » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:08 pm

In post 1451, Killthestory wrote:Image

This photo alone should end this thread.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1453  (isolation #5)  » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Like I think Justin Bieber also said that the other day too.


AND HE'S NOT A TRUE A #MURICAN, CHECK HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1495  (isolation #6)  » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:32 am

4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6319  (isolation #7)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:01 am

Good thing Donald trump is #DrainingTheSwamp by creating the most establishment cabinet we've had since Reagan

good thing our president can't take the slightest criticism of his policies from the cast of hamilton without bitching and moaning and acting like as entitled as possible because his feelings got hurt.

good thing the phrase "islamic registry" actually exists on our policy agenda.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6320  (isolation #8)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:06 am

For the few people who voted that way because you agree with his policies, whatever, you're wrong about how the government works but I guess at least you thought about it.

I understand Hillary Clinton was not an ideal candidate for those who need someone loud and booming because they can't understand nuanced politics, but seriously if you're still fooling yourself into thinking you voted trump because of hillary's emails, then you should really ask yourself when was the last time I didn't really like the new iPhone when it came out, so instead I bought a toaster
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6321  (isolation #9)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:08 am

I respect everyone's political views here, but please understand your own elected president is just as hypocritical and establishment as the candidate you hated so much
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6322  (isolation #10)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:11 am

And yes, she is super hypocritical and ingrained in the establishment, but I just don't get why any of you people thought that Donald Trump was some shining beacon of honesty and independence who would stick it to the do-nothing government because that clearly was never going to be the case.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6326  (isolation #11)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:38 am

In post 6325, Fluminator wrote:Yeah. I'm hugely anti-establishment, and Trump is probably going to ruin the movement in America :'(
He was not the person I wanted as the figurehead for it.

The issue is that an "anti-establishment" president doesn't actually do much

In post 6326, Accountant wrote:
In post 6325, Fluminator wrote:Yeah. I'm hugely anti-establishment, and Trump is probably going to ruin the movement in America :'(
He was not the person I wanted as the figurehead for it.

It really pisses me off that people voted for Trump because he was anti-establishment.

yea
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6368  (isolation #12)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:04 pm

In post 6368, Shaziro wrote:Actually, a better question. Karnos, do you mind that the Clinton foundation received a 1 million dollar check from Qatar on Bill Clinton's birthday or that Clinton Foundation Reps "met with representatives from Brazil, Peru, Malawi and Rwanda to discuss donations and philanthropic strategies for the Foundation"?

Do you mind that your president was on trial for child molestation
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6377  (isolation #13)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:19 pm

In post 6370, Shaziro wrote:
In post 6369, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 6368, Shaziro wrote:Actually, a better question. Karnos, do you mind that the Clinton foundation received a 1 million dollar check from Qatar on Bill Clinton's birthday or that Clinton Foundation Reps "met with representatives from Brazil, Peru, Malawi and Rwanda to discuss donations and philanthropic strategies for the Foundation"?

Do you mind that your president was on trial for child molestation

Well, yes, of course I do. If you haven't seen me say it, I really didn't like either major presidential candidate anyhow. That said, if he was found innocent then I mind because false accusations are a bad/people getting away with molestation is bad, and if he was found guilty I mind because a predator is head of state. This question was largely to try and understand Karnos' thoughts on two very similar situations, and to get him to understand the other side of the argument on the situations.

I actually believe it was dropped, now.

But like. In my mind, any person who is accused of something like that on multiple accounts (even if it's not children) is a disgusting individual. Hillary Clinton is unfortunately politically disgusting in her tactics, but donald trump is disgusting personally. Also, if these trump people really think that people Bush, Reagan, etc. weren't involved in the same sort of shady shit, they're fooling themselves.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6389  (isolation #14)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:36 pm

@Trump people

I know you are all obviously rock-hard emotionless badasses, but how do you feel now that your candidate has bitched and moaned on social media for two nights in a row about the cast of hamilton politely disagreeing with his political views and SNL poking fun at him which is literally their job. I thought words don't matter?

It sounds like Donald Trump is #Triggered?
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7157  (isolation #15)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:59 am

In post 7153, Political Clout wrote:
In post 7149, Accountant wrote:
In post 7147, Political Clout wrote:Not at all. I now see your position. Wanting to create a utopia is always an excellent ideal. If you are unhappy currently I suggest you go to the utopia of North Korea. They have truly created the exact thing you have said. Silenced all oppostion to the majority and made politics truly easier to discuss. They are only limited by size and strength in converting the world. That leads to ask what qualities do the left have that are desirable to your utopia. What is this so called left wing thinking you speak of and why is this one the best for said utopia?

The problem is that North Korea has a terrible governmental system so of course it's not a utopia.

When I say left-wing thinking I mean values like trying to make it so there's no racism, sexism, transphobia and all that nonsense. Furthermore, left-wingers give people a lot of social freedom, for example to abort their children or for gay people to marry. I like that, and I think Hillary and the Democratic party becoming stronger is a good way to push that forward. Of course, there are some left wing values I disagree with, like freedom of speech, but it's a start.


Ah I see so upholding values like equality. Even though it is the left that says black people are not as smart as white people so they need a special consideration. And imposing on schools that there be fullfill their affirmative action program. It is the left the coddles women like they are some tender swan princess, and it is the left that says persons with transphobia do not need help and that they are fine. They are not fine they are committing suicide. It wasn't the left that give people a "social freedom" to abort. and it was not the left that gave gay people the right to marry that is exclusively Justice Kennedy a man who is right wing. Freedom of speech is not a left wing value are they do ones that attempt to abuse it the most and test it's limits? yes I do agree that free speech is a bit overrated.

It's the left that says that black people who aren't always afforded the same opportunities as white people definitely need special consideration. So lets clear that one up right now.

The "coddling" of women comes from the right, first off. You people who think that women can't fight in a war or that women don't know how to do anything that's not cook, clean, birth children. If by "coddling" you mean "treating women like human beings and not show dogs", then yea, you'd be right.

who in general has ever said people with "transphobia" don't need help? I mean, that's less of a mental issue and more of a closed-mindedness issue, but like... what?

And on free speech, please. Your president is the one who has said before that the media needs to be "censored" so that they can't say what the government doesn't want them to.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7158  (isolation #16)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:01 am

PC the fact you think that the 1st amendment is "a bit overrated" means you probably have no place to be mentioning "American Values"


and how is Trump the child molester fine to you over "billtherapist"
Last edited by Aeronaut on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7159  (isolation #17)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:01 am

Go back to nazi germany with that shit
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7161  (isolation #18)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:03 am

In post 7161, Political Clout wrote:
In post 7154, theplague42 wrote:Your ignorance is astounding. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the American left, and who has fought to achieve civil rights and social justice for years.


Yes how I was raised and what I learned instilled in my a different perspective on what is the left. Shame on me. Standard left tactic think as I think or you are ignorant and stupid.

Well considering that most people with a college degree and any sort of understanding of how the government actually works are democrats, it's a just correlation
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7164  (isolation #19)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:13 am

Sorry, that was an oversimplification. That's not necessarily true.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7165  (isolation #20)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:15 am

But what is true is that the correlation between people who are educated > voted clinton this cycle is exactly that. And there's no denying that.

Just because Donald Trump garnered the vote of the poorly educated doesn't mean that conservatives in general are any less informed
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7172  (isolation #21)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:30 am

i do truly think that if you voted trump, you've got to have no idea how the government works. I was correcting myself on the statistics, not on the truth.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7175  (isolation #22)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:32 am

I agree that the flag should be afforded respect; I don't agree that we should shoot people for being disrespectful.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7182  (isolation #23)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:43 am

In post 7171, Political Clout wrote:It was also the left that said blacks were genetically inferior.

Yeah. They said this while freeing the slaves, but you're acting as if the Right's alternative wasn't "let's have slavery"

I love this sort of thought that the left caused something to happen. It's complete and utter bullshit but hey you want the moral high ground. It was MLK that made it happpen it was a church based movement that caused the civil rights act.

MLK.... being the left. He was a socialist. You've proven our point

It was republicans who proposed the civil rights act in 1957.

No. It was the left. Keep in mind that the "left" and "right" are not necessarily the "democrats" and "republicans" of the 50's and 60's. There was a major party shift in the 20th century where people weren't necessarily on either side for the same reasons. In fact, most "left wingers" were often still considered republicans.

And when it was proposed by the democrats in 1964 it was the republicans that carried it through.

The right stopped filibustering it for the very first time.

Your party is mired in slavery and eugenics.

Nope. Yours is. Again, the parties effectively switched ideologies in the early to mid 20th century, but of course fox news probably wants you to continue thinking that Abraham Lincoln was a "republican" president because they know their viewers will believe literally anything and not learn to think for themselves.

It is liberals who parade around saying they were in the march wanting the social agilation it comes with and it is liberals who constantly circle jerk about their own party patting themselves on the back with their so called achievments.

The only "achievement" conservatism usually has in the US are ones that we look back on in fifty years and say oh wow that was fucking awful

[/quote]If you think black people aren't afforded the same considerations as white people you have enourmos privilege and made should have thought critically in university instead of conforming and learning what to think.[/quote]
That doesn't even make sense? Again, maybe where you're from, black people or minorities in general have equal opportunity, but in most of the country, no. The media usually only cares about stuff when white people are involved, and that's pretty much just true of all media. That's true of america.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7185  (isolation #24)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:48 am

In post 7178, Political Clout wrote:
In post 7173, Aeronaut wrote:i do truly think that if you voted trump, you've got to have no idea how the government works. I was correcting myself on the statistics, not on the truth.


ayyyyye. wait. no wait. lmao. classic. Implying that knowing the functions of government makes you somehow more capable of knowing who would be a better president. A lot follows from your statement that you don't say which you mean to say because you think people can read your mind. I'll leave you to your hamerstering.
Um... yea, knowing the functions of government DOES make you more capable of knowing who would be a better president.

But what do I know, I'm just a dumb hippie because I wanted to know how my own government works

In post 7180, Political Clout wrote:
In post 7176, Aeronaut wrote:I agree that the flag should be afforded respect; I don't agree that we should shoot people for being disrespectful.


they are a fucking worthless brainded scumfuck bastard pile of trash mental dickface that should be gunned down in the street like the degenerates they are.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the mind of a trump supporter.

That's horrifying.

Yes you are a nice and proper liberal who thinks we all have ideas worth sharing I get it you went to a college and learned to empathize and be worldy and considerate and that makes you better than me.

I get that liberals have the annoying attribute of always being on a high horse, and I apologize for that. But that doesn't at all mean you're right.


In post 7181, Political Clout wrote:
In post 7179, Accountant wrote:
In post 7178, Political Clout wrote:
In post 7173, Aeronaut wrote:i do truly think that if you voted trump, you've got to have no idea how the government works. I was correcting myself on the statistics, not on the truth.


ayyyyye. wait. no wait. lmao. classic. Implying that knowing the functions of government makes you somehow more capable of knowing who would be a better president. A lot follows from your statement that you don't say which you mean to say because you think people can read your mind. I'll leave you to your hamerstering.

wait are you implicitly admitting you don't know the functions of government


I know absolutely nothing about it. You learn everything in fuckin 6th grade with those horrible school of rock shows. What aeronaut was intending to say was different than what he actually said. He didn't mean how the government works he meant the complexities and major responibilities of those in government and how it would be criminal to allow trump inside it.

So you're admitting you know nothing about the government.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7187  (isolation #25)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:50 am

Political Clout, don't get down on yourself just because you don't know how any part of the government works; at least you still know way more than Donald J Trump does
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7188  (isolation #26)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:51 am

I mean yeah I do get annoyed when you start saying we should fire squad every person who burns a flag
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7189  (isolation #27)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:52 am

Again, you clearly don't know what an american value is, because it certainly isn't killing people who don't agree with the government. It's actually the literal opposite
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #7783  (isolation #28)  » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:18 pm

gr8 swamp draining mr. trump
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8250  (isolation #29)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:24 am

Hahahaha the fact that trump people are now "boycotting" Star Wars.

Get denser, America.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8251  (isolation #30)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:26 am

If anything is ensuring the end of the republican party, it's these next four years.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8253  (isolation #31)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:36 am

yeah. I mean it was already a joke at the start of this train wreck and it got us this idiot, so i guess it's shit anyway
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8254  (isolation #32)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:37 am

oh my gosh my cousin is on Facebook so proud of himself for BUYING STAR WARS TICKETS AND THEN TEARING THEM UP with a MAGA caption

Spoiler:
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8258  (isolation #33)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:47 am

#TriggeredTrumpSupporter
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8266  (isolation #34)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:19 pm

In post 8264, inte wrote:
In post 8258, Accountant wrote:
In post 8256, Davsto wrote:Wait why are they boycotting the wars of the stars?

https://cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.redd ... mp_js_v=6#


honestly for a supposed party thats not racist they constantly think about black men and their cocks fucking white women a lot

It's fair to say the party is racist, but don't say that all of the people supporting the party are. Some are, but not the majority, mostly.

In post 8266, Persivul wrote:
In post 8252, Aeronaut wrote:If anything is ensuring the end of the republican party, it's these next four years.

In post 8254, Aeronaut wrote:yeah. I mean it was already a joke at the start of this train wreck and it got us this idiot, so i guess it's shit anyway

Go to this page and click on the 2010, 2012 etc. trifecta maps. These are states where one party controls both houses and the governor. Watch the blue shrink. Trump's riding a wave that started years ago.

https://ballotpedia.org/State_government_trifectas

A) that link doesn't lead anywhere

B) I wouldn't be surprised if that was another completely incoherent Breitbart map that gullible conservatives will eat right up and assume is real*.

C) Only 33% of the country identifies as conservative. Compare that to 42% in 2004. In addition; the "conservatives" you see today would be considered centrist to liberal 20 years ago. Conservatism (as in 1950's white christian America conservatism) is all but dead at this point.



[Not that I'm saying that liberals aren't gullible too; fake news is a problem that has enveloped both sides pretty badly]
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8267  (isolation #35)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:20 pm

And obviously, that doesn't mean that 66% identify as liberal; there are still less liberals than conservatives in America (22%), but the percentage grows each cycle by about 4%.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8268  (isolation #36)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:22 pm

A president such as Donald Trump which exemplifies the worst that the party has to offer is going to speed up that process significantly; while it's awful to have him as our president, it's certainly not going to be inspiring new generations of conservatives, but you can sure as hell bet it's going to inspire some liberalism
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8269  (isolation #37)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:24 pm

In my mine neither side is really good for all the people, but the left is definitely a lot closer. The issue is that both sides get locked into their own echo chambers and refuse to see rationals of other sides. For example, I identify as a democrat, but I have one or two personal views that would seem more conservative to those in my party.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8270  (isolation #38)  » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:26 pm

The other issue with the republicans right now is that they don't believe most of what they're saying; a lot of republicans have come out and said that climate change is a real issue and so are the lax restrictions on guns. But those people of course won't get any sort of time of day, because fuck you if you aren't a gunslinging liberal-hater.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8303  (isolation #39)  » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:50 pm

I feel like all voting laws should be voted on per referendum
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8305  (isolation #40)  » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:31 pm

In post 8281, pisskop wrote:Also, I didnt read Aero. But Aero sounds like a smart cookie.
Aw, you're an intelligent oreo too!

In post 8284, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 7433, theplague42 wrote:The deal only saved ~800 jobs total. Of the 1100 that are staying, 300 were never in danger. They're still shipping 1300 out.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/08/news/co ... index.html

Carrier is going to invest a lot of money into automation. So many of those low-wage high-turnover "save" jobs will eventually be lost.

All together, U.S. factories are actually producing more products today than they did in the post-World War II era, according to the Federal Reserve's reading on manufacturing output. Output at U.S. factories is up 150% in last 40 years. But U.S. manufacturing jobs have plunged by more than 30% in that same period. And automation is a big reason why.

I know karnos will simplify everything by blaming Obama for "losing jobs" or praising Trump for "saving jobs", but things are more complex than that. I think decades of right-wing denigrating of the concept of union has sped up the idea of automation.

I think what is more important than "saving jobs" (which arguably, Obama has done more effectively than bush 43 ever did) is the kinds of jobs that the "president saves".

For example; if we as a nation focus on creating many more low-wage factory/type jobs for everyone, then that's not a sustainable nation. Those factory jobs won't be here in twenty years. We as a nation should be trying to focus on education and creation of more high-tech/intellectual jobs.

Anybody who's played Simcity should understand that very basic fact. I feel like our president-elect was more of a game-of-war guy, though.


In post 8288, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 8286, pisskop wrote:Wait, you mean politicians play upon our emotions to get elected? :o

But the Donnie fans really believed that Clinton was corrupt and she would be investigated and put in jail.

They also believed that Trump would "Drain the Swamp", but he just hired his third Goldman Sachs exec, so...

Also, I may be feeling a little punchy at the whole "Liberals lost because they talked down to conservatives and told them they were dumb for voting Trump". Every promise that Trump is reneging on is a promise that the sign-waving fans really believe would happen and were fools to do so.

I don't think liberals lost entirely for that reason, but I will say that the talking-down, especially when some of those liberals inevitably don't know what they're talking about half the time is a lot of the reason that any sort of real conservatism still exists right now. Imagine a man who grows up without being as informed about woman as he could be; he's going to be pretty sexist. But in his mind, he doesn't know he's being a sexist when he says "Why do you throw like a girl" or makes blonde jokes, or especially when he talks down to women. When those women/people start getting frustrated (as they should) at this behavior and call him a sexist, in his mind, he's being called a sexist for no reason and feminism is just a liberal bullshit-idea. Most sexism/racism stems from ignorance more than it does from malice.

There's no good way to combat this I feel. I try being more patient with these people, trying to let them know why what they said could be construed as misogynist, instead of making them feel stupid, because nobody learns anything if they're being called stupid.

But even I fail at this; when i'm with a female coworker, and she's talked down to by a man and then that man says "I'll just go with him, he can probably figure it out better" pointing at me, I'm fucking furious. Way too furious to tell this guy his mistake in a civil manor. I can't imagine how the woman next to me feels in that scenario.


Here's a really good example of how not to be, though; I have a friend on Facebook that posts basically a page of writing every day onsite about various politcial topic. They're usually about the Alt-right, the electoral college, etc. In most of them, he'll explain simple facts such as how a bill is created or how our congress works as if they're these complexities that only he understands. Every word in these posts is dripping with condescension, with "I know these things, therefore I'll share my wealth of knowledge with you", etc. He's always talking about how proud he is that he's an Ally, and that he feels the same pain of those who are oppressed. Finally, he makes a show of blocking people who support trump/conservatism on his social media.

Why is this so awful? Well first off, no you don't feel their pain. You're allowed to understand it and support them, but don't assert that you are just as oppressed as them and make yourself a victim, because that's just silly. Second, you blocking other viewpoints, no matter how fucked they are, is you allowing yourself to be locked in your own echo chamber until you are the only person left, echoing your own opinion to yourself. Third, once you assume that you know more than everyone else you're typing to, then you've already failed. What your presumed goal is is to educate people, educators are usually taught not to be a condescending omniscient everknowing force, but instead to work as a fellow human who knows some things, but can learn just as much from you. You're not creating a conversation with these posts, you're patting yourself on the back for being "#SoInformed".

The above is a huge issue with liberalism. It's obviously a small minority of people who lean left, but it's still a lot of people. Liberalism should be about making change, and the above is doing the opposite.

In post 8298, Shaziro wrote:
In post 8297, pisskop wrote:id argue it gets used to more effect by repubs though

I can't say so for sure, but I would assume that's true. Still, to gloss over the fact that both parties do gerrymander is intellectually dishonest.

It's very true.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8306  (isolation #41)  » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Isn't it a fun fact that a republican hasn't won the popular vote for 29 years?
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8320  (isolation #42)  » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:13 am

In post 8310, Persivul wrote:
In post 8267, Aeronaut wrote:A) that link doesn't lead anywhere

Yeah that's weird. It's easy to find other sources though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governmen ... rical_List
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016 ... .html?_r=0

those sources are of who was elected to our government, not citizens of the US. conservative citizens v conservative government officials is a different story

In post 8315, SleepyKrew wrote:I'm surprised it took so long for someone to bring up 2004

Oh, i somehow thought 2004 was another electoral college v popular vote year but I was wrong
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8321  (isolation #43)  » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:16 am

In post 8312, Persivul wrote:
In post 8307, Aeronaut wrote:Isn't it a fun fact that a republican hasn't won the popular vote for 29 years?

It's an irrelevant fact. If the presidency were determined by popular vote, the campaigns would have been different. There's no way to know which side, if either, would have benefited.

Not if it was a proportional system. If 51% of the vote in one state didn't win you the whole state, but 51% of it's delegates, then candidates would both run the same campaign (because they still need not-just-california), but would be represented fairly instead of this silly spectacle of "winning states" we have now. The reason that hasn't been changed is that the people who could change it are in power because of that system.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8328  (isolation #44)  » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:05 pm

In post 8324, Persivul wrote:
In post 8322, Aeronaut wrote:Not if it was a proportional system. If 51% of the vote in one state didn't win you the whole state, but 51% of it's delegates, then candidates would both run the same campaign (because they still need not-just-california), but would be represented fairly instead of this silly spectacle of "winning states" we have now. The reason that hasn't been changed is that the people who could change it are in power because of that system.

Yes, campaigns would have been different, and voting would have been different. If it's proportional, Trump spends more time in NY and CA.

No, campaigns would be similar/the same because it's not individual people who are racked up, it's delegates. If anything it makes voters who are of different ideologies than their state (such as conservative in Massachusetts, or liberal in Texas) more enfranchised and makes a better system overall.

Also, a Republican in a blue state may not have even voted as is but would in your system, and vice versa.

So... you're saying it's a better system! The difference is that there are statistically a lot more liberals in conservative states than conservatives in liberal states.

In post 8325, Persivul wrote:
In post 8321, Aeronaut wrote:those sources are of who was elected to our government, not citizens of the US. conservative citizens v conservative government officials is a different story

Huh?

So what I was talking about is that conservative America has been steadily shrinking since the 80's. In thirty years, it's going to be a very small minority ideology, or have the "center" moved so much more far left that conservative values in thirty years will seem like what liberal values are now. America has always become more liberal steadily since it's founding, and it always will.

What those links are showing is not the conservative population of America, but the conservative leaders that America has. A lot of these leaders are in office due to things like gerrymandering, fake news, etc. These are issues of both parties, but again, quite a bit more with the republicans. That's not true of every election obviously, but you've also got to remember that when you say that more of the United States has republican leaders, sure that makes sense if you're talking land-wise. There are plenty of wide open, rural, and underpopulated states that lean very conservative, but you've got to remember that those states also have a tenth the population of places like New York, California, New England, etc. Those places have a quarter of the population of our country, but they're going to have 14 members total in the senate

In post 8326, Persivul wrote:
In post 8306, Aeronaut wrote:I think what is more important than "saving jobs" (which arguably, Obama has done more effectively than bush 43 ever did) is the kinds of jobs that the "president saves".

For example; if we as a nation focus on creating many more low-wage factory/type jobs for everyone, then that's not a sustainable nation. Those factory jobs won't be here in twenty years. We as a nation should be trying to focus on education and creation of more high-tech/intellectual jobs.

This would be fine if people were only limited by their education. Fact is that people are also limited by their innate intelligence. Those people need jobs too. We need something in between McDonalds and high-tech.
Innate inelegance is overrated. What isn't overrated is hard work and equal opportunity. A 'dumb' person, given a proper education and with a will to learn, can be a CEO. A 'smart' person, either not given the education they deserve, or that doesn't want to make use of it, can end up at an undesirable job.

I was given those oppertunites because I live in a state that values it's education; some people, especially in more "conservative" states, end up being less informed and having less opportunities to further their education because of their governors, who get elected for promising "tax cuts!" and who don't give a shit about their populous or their education.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8331  (isolation #45)  » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:44 pm

In post 8330, Garmr wrote:I think it would be better to abolish the Republican Party and start a center party.

I think what you perceive as the center is very far from what is the center

Then again with a center why would any sane person vote Democrats.

Why would any sane person vote for a party that openly denies the existence of climate change and thinks our education system should rely on the bible and not actual science

who knows the answer to these questions
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8332  (isolation #46)  » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:47 pm

I also don't know that there's any such thing as a centrist policy; like most policies fall under being a move to the left or the right. A "centrist" policy would probably be something like "murder should be illegal" which is agreed apon by like almost everyone
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8334  (isolation #47)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:36 am

like what?
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8336  (isolation #48)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:01 am

yeah welcome to giant echo chamber, otherwise known as The Internet
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8338  (isolation #49)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:13 am

And when you tell them "no that doesnt make any sense" it's all like "THERE'S A WAR ON CHRISTMAS!"
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8340  (isolation #50)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:51 am

you are accountant
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8367  (isolation #51)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:35 pm

In post 8357, karnos wrote:
In post 8356, inte wrote:climate change denial is objectively not correct and no in the middle negotiation will resolve the issue


“Many scientists are now warning that we are moving closer to several tipping points that could — within as little as 10 years — make it impossible for us to avoid irretrievable damage to the planet’s habitability for human civilization,” Gore said in a speech at NYU Law School in 2006.

Gore told a German audience in 2008 that “the entire North polarized cap will disappear in five years.” It’s still there, and some scientists reported the Arctic ice cap getting larger a few years later.

Proven wrong. Over and over.

The response, of course, is to move the goal posts "oh, well we might not be exactly right, but the climate is changing, see!"

Which means absolutely nothing.

You understand that we've already seen this happening all over the world, right? Sea levels are rising. It's a fact. Just because al Gore wasn't right about the speed in which it's happening doesn't mean it's not. The Netherlands aren't going to exist in 50 years, because half their islands will be enveloped. Let that sink in

Karnos is just another example of our education system failing, unfortunately, to tell people actual science and not "climate change is an opinion" because no it is not.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8368  (isolation #52)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Karnos are you one of those trump supporters who cry and complain about feeling "disenfranchised" when people disagree with their views?
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8415  (isolation #53)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:15 pm

In post 8371, karnos wrote:
In post 8368, Aeronaut wrote:You understand that we've already seen this happening all over the world, right? Sea levels are rising. It's a fact. Just because al Gore wasn't right about the speed in which it's happening doesn't mean it's not. The Netherlands aren't going to exist in 50 years, because half their islands will be enveloped. Let that sink in

Karnos is just another example of our education system failing, unfortunately, to tell people actual science and not "climate change is an opinion" because no it is not.


So fucking what?

I can tell you that tonight, the sun is going to seemingly disappear and leave our land in darkness for some time. That doesn't mean it's caused by humans, and it also doesn't mean you should spend billions of dollars studying the problem of why the sun goes down at night.

We know why the sun goes down at night... Earth rotates.

Things Karnos wasn't taught:

1. Climate Change is real
2. Earth Rotates

Climate change is real. Sure.

Oh never mind, strike that!

Things Karnos wasn't taught:

2. Earth Rotates

Climate change is caused by humans. Provably false, as we have had multiple ice ages in the past.

Those things aren't correlated?

Okay, than this specific case of climate change is caused by humans. Probably, maybe, but what does that mean?

You're getting there!

This case of climate change is going to leave the earth doomed in a few years. Proven false the last few times it was predicted, but this time is for real?

If by a few years you mean about 100-500 years, then yes. If by three, then no.

And have you yet stopped to realize that the efforts that we are going to are what is slowing the process?

Besides, some would argue that a little warming would be a good thing, maybe in a post-warming world Canada will be able to support life, as an example.


Things Karnos wasn't taught:

1. Earth Rotates
2. Melting Arctic zones store about 75 percent of the world's fresh water. That's a lot of water
3. Canada is already a sustainable country of over 35 million people


We need strict pollution laws to fight climate change in the USA, while China, Russia, India, Mexico keep on building more factories! I thought the change was global? Do you really think anything is going to be solved merely by pushing it outside of our national boarders?

The United States is the most powerful nation in the world, and so are also leaders in the world. What we do / say to do matters in the rest of the world. We also put off a lot of emissions ourselves, about 15.1 trillion pounds each year.

In post 8369, Aeronaut wrote:Karnos are you one of those trump supporters who cry and complain about feeling "disenfranchised" when people disagree with their views?


Not at all, I have just never been wrong, so it's hard to take people seriously when they disagree with things that are plainly obviously true. I'm sure one day one of the insane predictions of a climate change fanatic will actually come true (because even a broken clock is right twice a day), but until that day happens why should I change?

So, lets imagine you're driving a bus.

You're on the highway. There is an accident just ahead of you, but you keep driving. "Hey, slow down, there's an accident ahead of us!" yells some passenger. And then you reply "No, No, I won't believe that there is an accident until I see us get into an accident"

and then you crash and catch on fire.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8416  (isolation #54)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:18 pm

In post 8381, karnos wrote:
In post 8380, Not_Mafia wrote:Accountant and Karnos are two sides of the same coin


You mean I am always right and Accountant is always wrong?

You have almost exactly the same narcissistic tendencies
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8421  (isolation #55)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:25 pm

In post 8418, pisskop wrote:first it was melting ice caps destabilizing the gulf stream, then it was global heating making everything KrazyWhether and shifting winter, then all the animinerals were dying because of it, and its just goes on-and on-and on-and ...

Just because something has more than one consequence doesn't make it untrue.

In post 8419, pisskop wrote:I saw an advert for a site that promised to invest my monies into solar energy, and I laughed out loud. Because they promised that I would feel good about 'doing something for the future'. And thats the problem with CC. Its not about the future. Its about wanking your wiener around now, to feel good right now.

I would say that's a really fair point about most liberals right now, unfortunately
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8422  (isolation #56)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:25 pm

In post 8421, Accountant wrote:karnos, your game that there are no studies or experiments supporting global warming is provably incorrect.

Accountant is right ?

I feel queasy
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8498  (isolation #57)  » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:56 am

In post 8489, karnos wrote:
In post 8480, Ranmaru wrote:Karnos answer me.


Why are you so needy?

You said "That doesn't mean anything."

I was showing why it does mean something.

You personally might not have said Russians hacked the election, but a lot of crazy liberals have said it, so that is why it means something. Not everything in this thread is about you.
they literally did influence the election
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9431  (isolation #58)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:41 pm

i should not have read this thread.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9435  (isolation #59)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:50 pm

In post 9423, Psyche wrote:right now, the black-on-white brutality is getting more coverage than the white-on-black brutality did
yes or no?

I mean the fact is that depending on which network you're watching, they're getting the same.

The real issue is that neither side cares about the black-on-black brutality that happens in certain districts that Donald Trump would call "thug communities" and Hillary Clinton would call "perfectly thriving communities"

both sides are incredibly incorrect in that matter
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9440  (isolation #60)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:57 pm

it's definitely easier being white in most parts of the US, but that doesn't mean that our attempts to equalize necessarily are working correctly
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9445  (isolation #61)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:02 pm

Am i reading youtube comments or
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9446  (isolation #62)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Psyche I'm sorry but I don't feel like your point is going to get across while calling the person reading dumb.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9447  (isolation #63)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:05 pm

same goes for the other side but honestly I'm kind of more used to that side getting all "YOU FILTHY COMMIE LIBTARD" on people instead of giving rational thoughts
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9453  (isolation #64)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:17 pm

In post 9451, Psyche wrote:
In post 9436, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 9423, Psyche wrote:right now, the black-on-white brutality is getting more coverage than the white-on-black brutality did
yes or no?

I mean the fact is that depending on which network you're watching, they're getting the same.

The real issue is that neither side cares about the black-on-black brutality that happens in certain districts that Donald Trump would call "thug communities" and Hillary Clinton would call "perfectly thriving communities"

both sides are incredibly incorrect in that matter

I think this misrepresents both Donald Trump's and Hillary's views of the matter, but idk. I'm not from the inner city; I don't pretend to know what it's like. I'm sure the problem has a lot to do with poverty, a lack of two-parent homes (which itself contributes to poverty and is itself worsened by the war on drugs), and poor funding for public facilities like schools.

Well they both said those quotes and I hated both of those quotes equally. Trump referring to black people as "thugs" on multiple occasions is pretty out of touch, but so is acting like all black communities are thriving amazing places because that's like the opposite of what the BLM movement actually is trying to do (And I'm talking about actual BLM, not the other groups who claim to be BLM and aren't who ransack cities. The official Black Lives Matter movement is 100% a peaceful protest organization. )
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9566  (isolation #65)  » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:43 am

Pisskop do you think that being not white in America gives you an inherent disadvantage?
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9582  (isolation #66)  » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:57 am

In post 9568, pisskop wrote:better question: why is money being spent on finding this inherit advantage, should it exist, instead of curing AIDs or Cancer or helping the poor.

Pisskop do you understand that in most places in the US, people who aren't white are purposefully denied housing over those who are? Do you understand that?

Also, your reasoning is literally this; there are four kids who get food for dinner and the fifth kid doesn't get any because there's not enough. Instead of rationing the food better so that everybody gets some, you say "you know why aren't we fixing the roof instead?"

Classic conservative deflection of the problem instead of solving; When people say that one group needs help, you folks say "well, EVERYONE needs help" and then proceed to help nobody.


In post 9569, pisskop wrote:Its a political movement, and it seems youve been suckered into it aero

No, it seems that I'm getting my masters in sociology and political science and actually understand how some of these systems work.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9597  (isolation #67)  » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:27 am

Pisskop you blatantly not answering my question and just containing the usual conservative dismissal bullshit just shows me you've figured out that you really don't know what you're talking about. You'll continue arguing though because god forbid anybody in a political discussion gives any sort of conceit

Look up what redlining is and then come back and tell me that institutional racism does not exist.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9604  (isolation #68)  » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:13 pm

In post 9601, pisskop wrote:I think weve been over it before.

I voted for Trump because he promised to serve my own interests, I dont really care where you want to rub your genitalia, and I dont particularly care if you have dark skin because you spend 8 hours a day in the sun or were born with it.

I will not say that I think it is a factor to my own success in life nor do i think it a worthwhile issue to personally pursue. I dont. Because, amoung other things, it hurts my own interests as well.

Which things did he say that you believe serve your own interests?
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9605  (isolation #69)  » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:15 pm

In post 9599, pisskop wrote:Even other liberal minded people freely admit that 'white privilege' only really works or can be applied to the upper classes of society.

And you know what Id be more apt to call that? Plain old fashioned privilege. monies.


you keep on with the memes about how unfair it is to be black. And Ill keep on ignoring that.

Redlining.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10866  (isolation #70)  » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Hey, at least more than half of our security council hasn't been picked yet.

Hasn't been picked yet.

We have one day

but we don't need that security council

for anything

go trump
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10867  (isolation #71)  » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:20 pm

In post 10834, karnos wrote:
In post 10833, Sesq wrote:Mexico doesn't have to pay for it. They won't pay for it.



One way, or another.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... to-mexico/

"The Bank of Mexico tracks how much the country receives in remittances on a monthly basis. In 2015, Mexico took in nearly $25 billion in total, including from countries besides the United States. But most of it was from the United States. (According to Pew Research, 98 percent of the remittances received in 2012 were from the U.S.)"

If Mexico doesn't play ball, Trump is going to slap on a hefty tax to money sent overseas in such fashions. If they don't pay directly, they will pay through lost income. But seriously, the Mexican government isn't stupid, they will happily build the wall to keep the cash flowing into their country.
Trump asked congress for the money to build it. /lol
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10871  (isolation #72)  » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:49 pm

karnos was just told that your entire life has to revolve around your job instead of your job revolving your life. Welcome to conservative america, where we do all their work for them.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #16063  (isolation #73)  » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:03 pm

#RussiaFirst
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #16077  (isolation #74)  » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 am

i guess we're just gonna have a lame duck president for the next three years
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #17027  (isolation #75)  » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Thinking they need to move the political sport to ESPN, because the 2020 preseason is really ramping up. Think Oprah could make the playoffs.
4-8-15-16-23-42

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #17176  (isolation #76)  » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 pm

because everyone inevitably will be disappointed by whoever the president currently is, because it's a position with figurehead power and the power to stop change from happening, instead of one that can actually do really any of the changes the person promises.

I mean, SOME presidents are more disappointing than others, but we'll never not be disappointed.
4-8-15-16-23-42


[ + ]

Return to General Discussion