Individual-1 (Donald Trump)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Pronoun: He

Post Post #16  (isolation #0)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:11 pm

can you go the fuck away again
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

FUCK CANCER. #greenshirtthursdays

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #18  (isolation #1)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:00 pm

In post 17, Glork wrote:Shotty, I'd like to know exactly WHY you support Donald Trump. What policies of his do you agree with, and for what reasons? Because I'm perfectly willing to have a civil and productive conversation with a Trump supporter, except that I have yet to encounter one whose answer to the question "why" isn't some generic bullshit about "he speaks his mind" or "he tells it like it is." Those are deflective non-answers from people who aren't willing to admit that they don't understand his platform or policies, or people who aren't willing to straight-up admit that they're racist bigots.

this x100000000000000000000000
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #21  (isolation #2)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:21 pm

In post 17, Glork wrote:Categorizing most Mexicans as rapists
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #34  (isolation #3)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:01 pm

The fuck does "blue is blue" mean?

And if you're really espousing WW2-era Japanese internment camps as a good idea -- one of the worst mistakes in modern US history -- then you're lost.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #39  (isolation #4)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:44 pm

In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Legal Fees - He was talking to the police in the instance you are referencing, and said he would cover there court fees is the protesters tried to sue them. In my opinion that is some much needed respect for our officers in blue. You have the right to protest, but not the right to trespass or disrupt private functions. I hold the protests at fault not Trump. You don't see Trump supporters interrupting Clinton or Sanders' rallies.

try again!
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #40  (isolation #5)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:53 pm

In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Muslims - I don't have a personal anecdote for this demographic, but the same principal applies. Even if 1/10000 are terrorists we need to take some time to figure out a better process and in the mean time we need to stop all immigration. You wouldn't leave your water lines uncapped while you waited for the plumber to figure out which sink is best for you would you?

More acts of terrorism have been carried out by Christians than Muslims in the US since 9/11. Thoughts? Should we put a moratorium on Christian immigration too?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #43  (isolation #6)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:59 pm

In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Reporter - This is a non-story, he didn't know the man was disabled and he hadn't seen the man in 15 years. Try to impersonate someone who you haven't seen in 15 years, and wasn't disabled when you last saw him. Trump waved his arms around, if you take that personally, it is your fault. He could have been impersonating people who had been tasered and people with seizures or any plethora of other people. Hillary Clinton barked on stage, is she mocking bitches everywhere?

Trump called him a nice reporter, indicating familiarity with him, before doing the impression. Given the fact that Trump has insulted the appearance of others with great frequency, the logical conclusion would be that he was, in fact, mocking the reporter's appearance.

Even if he wasn't in some fantasy universe, how can you defend his personal attacks against Fiorina's attractiveness, mocked paralyzed Charles Krauthammer for being "unable to buy a pair of pants" (due to being paralyzed from the waist down), and the countless other vile, personal, physical-based attacks Trump has thrown out there?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #44  (isolation #7)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:59 pm

In post 41, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 40, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Muslims - I don't have a personal anecdote for this demographic, but the same principal applies. Even if 1/10000 are terrorists we need to take some time to figure out a better process and in the mean time we need to stop all immigration. You wouldn't leave your water lines uncapped while you waited for the plumber to figure out which sink is best for you would you?

More acts of terrorism have been carried out by Christians than Muslims in the US since 9/11. Thoughts? Should we put a moratorium on Christian immigration too?

Yes! We need to stop ALL immigration until we hit a point that we can control what is already going on here.

But you realize Trump has only advocated for stopping Muslim immigration, right? He has not proposed a plan to target ALL immigration. Only a specific minority.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #46  (isolation #8)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:01 pm

In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:the KKK is a historically liberal and Democrat group

Yes, and the Democratic party also used to be the party most popular among Southern white evangelicals. Different party, different times, and this statement is willfully ignorant of that fact.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #47  (isolation #9)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:02 pm

In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Mexicans - again acknowledging that there is a criminal element to mixed in with the non criminal is far from saying that most Mexicans are rapist. It is true. My three nieces where raped by three different husbands of my sister in law. All three were illegal immigrants one of them was one of the girls father. They have all since been deported for crimes and have all made their way back to West Chicago, Illinois. This doesn't make all Mexicans or illegal immigrants rapist, but that element does exist and the current system does not stop them from coming freely into our country and over our seemingly non-existent borders.

And I was molested by a white Christian male, but you don't see me implying all white Christian men are homosexual kid diddlers.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #84  (isolation #10)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:05 pm

In post 48, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 47, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Mexicans - again acknowledging that there is a criminal element to mixed in with the non criminal is far from saying that most Mexicans are rapist. It is true. My three nieces where raped by three different husbands of my sister in law. All three were illegal immigrants one of them was one of the girls father. They have all since been deported for crimes and have all made their way back to West Chicago, Illinois. This doesn't make all Mexicans or illegal immigrants rapist, but that element does exist and the current system does not stop them from coming freely into our country and over our seemingly non-existent borders.

And I was molested by a white Christian male, but you don't see me implying all white Christian men are homosexual kid diddlers.

No but I don't here you making a case to go get a bunch of white males with unknown backgrouds to move in with you either.

And nobody is saying that about immigrants, either? The argument is that IT'S RACIST AND XENOPHOBIC TO CHARACTERIZE ALL PEOPLE THAT WAY based on the actions of a select few.

In post 53, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 46, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:the KKK is a historically liberal and Democrat group

Yes, and the Democratic party also used to be the party most popular among Southern white evangelicals. Different party, different times, and this statement is willfully ignorant of that fact.

If you look at the states that have voted for Hillary Clinton I think that still apllies to the democrat party. Also it is the same party, and the KKK is still made up of a majority of democrats.

We're not even in the General Election yet, what the fuck are you talking about? Those are also the same states who voted for Trump, at this point. If you really want to make a point, those are the same Southern states that vote Republican in the general election:

get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #85  (isolation #11)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:07 pm

In post 83, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm tired of "white guilt".

:'( Poor baby.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #88  (isolation #12)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:13 pm

In post 86, Albert B. Rampage wrote:the people coming in should embrace their new country and leave behind the customs and values of the old

i guess we should all be living in teepees then
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #94  (isolation #13)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:22 pm

so ABR to be clear you think it's fine that Trump is inciting violence at his rallies or
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #108  (isolation #14)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:07 pm

quoting pie cuz im lazy to type it all out myself:

InflatablePie wrote:"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of 'em, wouldja, seriously... Kay, just knock the hell - I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees, I promise." - Cedar Rapids IA 2/1/16

"I love the old days, y'know what they used to do to guys like that when they were at a place like this? They'd be carried out on a stretcher, folks. Ah, it's true." "[I'd?] like to punch 'im in the face, I tell ya..." - Las Vegas NV 2/22

"In the good ol' days... they'd rip him outta that seat so fast... but today everybody's politically correct, our country's going to hell with being 'politically correct'." - Oklahoma City OK 2/26

"Alright yeah, get 'im out, try not to hurt 'im... ... If you do, I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it."
"We had four guys that jumped on him, we were swingin' and swingin'... the next day we got killed in the press! That we were 'too rough'. Give me a break. Y'know, we don't wanna be too politically correct anymore, right folks?" - Warren MI (not dated)

"We had some people, some rough guys like we have right in here, and they started punching back, it was a beautiful thing, I mean, they started punching back..."
"In the good old days, this doesn't happen, because they used to treat them very, very rough. And when they protested once, y'know, they would not do it again so easily. But today they walk in and they put their hand up and they put the wrong finger in the air at everybody, and they get away with murder, because we've become weak. We've become weak." - 3/9 Fayetteville NC

"Y'know, part of the problem and part of the reason it takes so long is nobody wants to hurt each other any more, right? And they're being politically correct the way they take them out, so it takes a little bit longer. And honestly, protesters, they realize this, they realize that there are no consequences to protesting any more. There used to be consequences, there are none any more."
"They can get up, and when they're being whisked out, they can raise their 'bad finger' up in the air, and drive people - which is very unfair - and some people get very angry at that because y'know what that represents, and then when they get a little bit overly angry, they're in trouble - the guy that raise his finger? 'No, that's no problem, that's no problem'." - 3/11 St Louis MO

and the above quote from St Louis is after a protester was assaulted at the rally in Fayetteville.

"part of the problem [...] is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore"

and yes, Trump condones physically assaulting a protester, calling that 'get[ting] a little bit overly angry', and it's fine because the protester flipped someone off. eye for an eye, right?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #109  (isolation #15)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:08 pm

Your turn, ABR. I showed you clear things where Trump has incited violence and condoned it. Show me where Bernie has incited violence!
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #134  (isolation #16)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:59 pm

hey abr about trump not inciting violence...?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #151  (isolation #17)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:49 pm

In post 142, BadGirls wrote:
In post 137, BROseidon wrote:
In post 124, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I was never going to start a thread like this, but fck it, tired of hearing about Trump supporters in college being bullied, women supporters harrassed, signs thrashed, people getting their property vandalized. I'll speak up, sure. To hell with people trying to shut down free speech.

And we all have the free speech rights to call you a fucking moron, asshole, etc.

And if you feel like that somehow censors your right of free speech welcome to what minorities go through every day. But I guess when you're used to other people getting out of the way for you, being asked to get out of the way every once and a while feels like oppression.

Some more of that white guilt, I see. mmhmmm. That shame you bear must be intolerable. I don't apologize for who I am.

the best part is when you assumed BRO was white, woo boy, i got a good laugh outta that one
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #153  (isolation #18)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:51 pm

In post 150, BadGirls wrote:I think that rioters blocking an ambulance trying to leave the riot area is outrageous. I think that people getting bullied, harrassed and threatened for showing MAGA support is horrifying. This is widespread. People are afraid to show they are supporting Trump. They stay silent until the votes are counted. Some even pay lip service to the SJW cause. But they've been faced with a lot of hatred and lies, and come November, they will have their voices heard.

okay so just to clarify: yes, you think it's okay for trump to explicitly condone violence at his rallies?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #156  (isolation #19)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:55 pm

he's saying that if someone disrupts an event like that by flicking people off they deserve to get sucker punched and that us attacking people with words is hypocritical because attacking people with fists is basically the same thing

it's as dumb as it sounds
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #157  (isolation #20)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:56 pm

In post 155, BadGirls wrote:Just to clarify I think you're saying Bernie is condoning his supporters for the violence they are incited by the media to do?

We can do this all day or we can talk about the TPP which you keep ignoring. Maybe take a break before that.

What the fuck does the TPP have to do with anything?

You said Trump doesn't incite violence.

We pointed out multiple instances where he has.

Then you're saying Bernie is somehow condoning the violence against him? What the fuck?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #158  (isolation #21)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:57 pm

Protesting isn't violent. Nonviolent protests have been happening all the time at Trump rallies, and Trump, in response, has implored his supporters to respond with physical violence.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #161  (isolation #22)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:01 pm

statement 1: "if I go disrupt an event with that big a crowd, and throw my middle fingers up in the air at everyone like he did, and I get sucker punched, I deserve it right?" -- ABR thinks this is a rhetorical question to which the answer is yes.
statement 2: "Yall are just bullies interested in personal attacks." -- People who protest Trump are the bullies who are engaging in personal attacks.
statement 3: "You're hypocrites." -- Given his previous two statement, ABR seems to think that sucker punching a protester and using words to protest something are the same thing and thus all people chastizing the sucker punch are hypocrites.

no i get it, it's just stupid as fuck
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #165  (isolation #23)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:10 pm

In post 163, BadGirls wrote:I'll fight you on your opinion but I'll defend your right to say it.

I'm not bothered by any of what you're saying.

To me, Obama, Bush, Clinton, they've committed a megaton of human suffering. Trump doesn't have that on his head. And I believe that he won't take any more stupid actions in the middle east to create a new ISIS.

I'm trying to find out what you think about the TPP and you keep talking about violence. Can we move on to some actual policy now?

So then, just to be clear: "No, I don't care that Donald Trump condones violence at his rallies."

I do not support the TPP. That policy discussion isn't relevant because, first and foremost, the person you're supporting has the media ejected from his events and encourages his supporters to enact physical violence.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #192  (isolation #24)  » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:17 am

In post 180, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Reck you seem to care more about the behavior of an individual at a rally than the actual policies. Also, who do you support and why? it's my turn to ask loaded questions filled with ad hom and straw mans, with the occasional red haring to throw you off.

I care about the behavior of a candidate for the most powerful office in the land encouraging racist shitbag supporters to assault people who disagree with him.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #460  (isolation #25)  » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:57 am

In post 410, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Obamacare would cost me and my wife $2200 a month for us and my 2 year old.

No, it wouldn't. And Obamacare isn't a plan, the plans are still offered by private insurance companies, so you can go direct your rage at them. Obamacare is just a subsidy for people who don't make enough to afford insurance

source: I actually worked in the health insurance industry during the transition and know what the fuck I'm talking about
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #461  (isolation #26)  » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:58 am

In post 427, Rob13 wrote:If you make less than around $330,000, you don't have to pay any penalty for not having insurance.

If you make less than $80,000, you're eligible for subsidies to help pay for the health insurance.

The first one isn't true. You pay a penalty for not having it regardless.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #462  (isolation #27)  » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:01 am

this thread was a journey, alright
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #470  (isolation #28)  » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:22 pm

In post 469, drmyshottyizsik wrote:After subsidies it will be 9% of my monthly income per person.

nope

gold plans don't have 4000 personal deductibles, that's ludicrous

all the ACA did was make it so PEOPLE WHO CANNOT AFFORD IT CAN NOW AFFORD IT and INSURANCE COMPANIES CANNOT BLOCK YOU FOR PREEXISTING CONDITIONS
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #472  (isolation #29)  » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:32 pm

They can be up to around the 1500 range, mine's about 500
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #642  (isolation #30)  » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:05 pm

In post 635, BROseidon wrote:The way in which Austin is gerrymandered is actually like the worst thing ever.

Try NC, the worst gerrymandered state in the country:

That is literally a stretch from CHARLOTTE to DURHAM
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #643  (isolation #31)  » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:05 pm

wait here we go

get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #644  (isolation #32)  » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:05 pm

They drew three giant mangled districts to capture as many cities/Democratic areas as possible
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #646  (isolation #33)  » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:25 pm

get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #777  (isolation #34)  » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:35 pm

In post 749, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Hillary values a 30 minute speech at a quarter of a million dollars. That's not narcissistic? Well, it may just be collusion but still.

*Critique of Donald Trump, aka the point of this thread*

"But Hillary"

~fin~
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #778  (isolation #35)  » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:36 pm

i swear to fucking god shotty if you push me so far that i am DEFENDING SHILLARY "GOLDMAN SACHS" CLINTON i will hunt you down
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #856  (isolation #36)  » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:03 pm

In post 851, zoraster wrote:The reason is that the 57% thing is based on if he had been on track the whole time. But he's fallen far short, so he would have needed to greatly exceed the 74 delegates 538 projected he needed to put him back on track. Right now he's down 120 delegates from where 538's calculation put him at needing by this point.

No, the 57% was based on % of remaining pledged delegates needed after last Tuesday or whenever it was
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #857  (isolation #37)  » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:03 pm

57% doesn't include overcoming the superdelegate deficit, as the line goes that superdels will fall in line with the voters
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #859  (isolation #38)  » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:07 pm

we're talking about math, not your conspiracy theories
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #862  (isolation #39)  » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:20 pm

In post 861, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 860, xRECKONERx wrote:we're talking about math, not your conspiracy theories

Bernie will not get the superdelegates until Hillary is determined to not be able to win the primary at all.

historically, superdelegates vote where the popular vote went. so if bernie can claim +50% of the pledged delegates, the superdelegates SHOULD fall in line -- unless they want to risk all out war like the republicans
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #864  (isolation #40)  » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:48 pm

In post 864, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I hope so, but I also hoped the republicans would back their popular candidate as well. I understand the constitution says nothing about parties having to respect popular vote in primaries but it just seems right. I hope it doesn't come to this but I can see a situation where trump gets the delegates but the republicans choose someone else anyway, and Bernie gets the popular vote and the elected deligates, but the superdelegates throw the nomination. I also could see that turning into a 4 man general election.

There's a difference, because Trump would only lose the nomination in a situation where he didn't get the majority to wrap it up -- and that's how the convention works. In a two person race, there's not much of a way for Bernie/Hillary to run into the same issue.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #868  (isolation #41)  » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:54 pm

4,765 delegates total.
714 superdelegates.
4,051 pledged delegates up for grabs.

Clinton has 1,230 pledged delegates.
Bernie has 932 pledged delegates.

There are 1,889 pledged delegates left.
Majority of pledged delegates would be 2,026.

That means Bernie has to get 1094 of the remaining 1889 delegates to win the majority of pledged delegates, or roughly 57%.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #871  (isolation #42)  » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Eh, he has several states coming up where it'll be 70-30ish blowouts like Utah & Idaho
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #976  (isolation #43)  » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:09 pm

show us a birth certificate
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1032  (isolation #44)  » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:54 pm

I took the SAT in 2006 and we did the writing section but we got "both scores". And colleges only looked at the old 1600 score
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1067  (isolation #45)  » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:43 am

shameless plug for my dem delegate tracker spreadsheet
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1142  (isolation #46)  » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:16 am

In post 1137, BROseidon wrote:The FB chatlog I have with Reck about that is pretty great tbh.

I have no knowledge of this alleged "chatlog"
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1144  (isolation #47)  » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:32 am

In post 1141, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

Trump Keeps Pledge... how? He's not even in office yet. He can't fulfill his promise to put pressure on the VA when he's not in a position to do so.

A former well-paid employee has glowing reviews for Trump... alright, yeah.

Trump was nice to a sick child! Whoa! Stop the presses!

A lot of these events are from before he ran for President. They don't somehow negate his Presidential campaign. Nobody's coming in here blasting Trump for things done twenty years ago, ten years ago. People have very specific problems with specific, cited instances that have happened on the campaign.

Some of those articles referenced are from the 1980's. I mean come on.

And giving away portions of wealth to charities/nonprofits is just part of it. Every financial mogul does that in some way. I don't see how it negates any of the critiques levied against him?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1145  (isolation #48)  » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:39 am

Now, here's something very interesting.

Former Trump Super PAC communications director comes clean. You can read her whole open letter, but there are some particularly interesting bits:

I sat in Trump Tower being told that the goal was to get The Donald to poll in double digits and come in second in delegate count. That was it.

The Trump camp would have been satisfied to see him polling at 12% and taking second place to a candidate who might hold 50%. His candidacy was a protest candidacy.

In 2015, I fell in love with the idea of the protest candidate who was not bought by corporations. A man who sat in a Manhattan high-rise he had built, making waves as a straight talker with a business background, full of successes and failures, who wanted America to return to greatness.

He certainly was never prepared or equipped to go all the way to the White House, but his ego has now taken over the driver's seat, and nothing else matters. The Donald does not fail. The Donald does not have any weakness. The Donald is his own biggest enemy.

Ignoring the fact that at the time Trump tweeted this (time-stamped 4:37 p.m.) the latest news reports had already placed the number differently at 70 dead, 300 injured, take a moment to appreciate the ridiculous, cartoonish, almost childish arrogance of saying that he alone can solve. Does Trump think that he is making a cameo on Wrestlemania (yes, one of his actual credits)?

This is not how foreign policy works. For anyone. Ever.

Superhero powers where "I alone can solve" problems are not real. They do not exist for Batman, for Superman, for Wrestlemania and definitely not for Donald Trump.

I don't dismiss any single Trump constituent, which is why I believe it's important to let you know that the candidate does.

I, too, think our country has gone off track in its values. I, too, think that we need a dramatic change of course. But I am, in my heart, a policy wonk and a believer in coming to the table with necessary knowledge for leading the free world.

The man does not know policy, nor does he have the humility to admit what he does not know — the most frightening position of all.

I consider myself a part of the silent majority that led to Trump’s rise, which is why I want you to know that I am with you — I wanted Trump to be real, too.

He is not.

He even says so himself. His misogyny? That's the character.

His presidential candidacy? That's a character, too.

The problem with characters is they are the stuff of soap operas and sitcoms and reality competitions — not political legacies.

---

TLDR: Trump's whole campaign was planned as a protest campaign, never meant to win. Trump doesn't care about winning. This whole shtick is a character he is adopting for the campaign to rile up the seedier parts of the Republican base, and in turn, he gets to gloat over a successful campaign. He's a fictional character running for President and his supporters deserve to have their concerns heard, but by a REAL person with REAL solutions who wants to accomplish REAL change.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1193  (isolation #49)  » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:34 pm

In post 1188, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 1187, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1186, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Also Drumpf doesn't incite violence or call for violence.

Dude, this has been proven false multiple times in the thread.

Are you even trying at this point?

No, opinions are not proof!

but facts are and you're just going LA LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

i sincerely hope you wise up and aren't indicative of the future of the country. you're being played for a fool by a master manipulator. bye
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1196  (isolation #50)  » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:56 pm

And I hope you enjoy continuing to live in a bizarre fantasy land where facts are opinions and flowers are Jews.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1729  (isolation #51)  » Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

aw man i missed a real homophobe :(
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2657  (isolation #52)  » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:13 am

ahahahahahah
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3084  (isolation #53)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:13 am

from doing focus groups previously, that's not abnormal

they usually have some rambling answer about their reaction, then the focus group moderator will restate it/phrase it in a more concise way

it's likely that woman had a 2 minute long response about why that statement resonated with her, and they trimmed it down to just "america's already great" and were reminding her of what to say so they didnt go over time
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3287  (isolation #54)  » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:35 am

In post 3286, DeathNote wrote:I'll fuck anyone.

Just saying.

get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3516  (isolation #55)  » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:37 pm

In post 3504, Accountant wrote:
To this day, the smell of rum reminds me of her hateful venom as it spewed from her breath

I've heard of words that are metaphorically venom, or venomous words/speech, but I have never heard of venom spewed forth directly from one's breath. If this story is true, your wife had supernatural abilities.

Nevertheless, perhaps it was just a bad turn of phrase.

what
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3903  (isolation #56)  » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:31 am

In post 3597, RadiantCowbells wrote:Bernie will run third party next election if he runs considering that Hillary's cronies at the DNC stabbed him in the back

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4088  (isolation #57)  » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:19 am

In post 4077, Garmr wrote:Hate speech laws can be used to shut down criticism of movements like black lives matter, feminism or criticism about religion. Sweden is a good example of this where ironically it's being used to oppress people opinions.

no it can't
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4261  (isolation #58)  » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:42 am

In post 4116, Zulfy wrote:Desiigner is a teen.

desiigner sucks, sorry
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4476  (isolation #59)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:22 pm

In post 4457, karnos wrote:I did not say *convicted* felon. She is a felon, it's just a matter of time for the investigation to go through.

do u know what felon means
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4478  (isolation #60)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:26 pm

In post 4471, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Trump 2016 MAGA! Fight the elites, the devil worshippers, the spirit cooks and corrupt media! WE ARE WITH YOU FBI!

I 100% support the candidate who is not funded by the people who fund ISIS. The dude who isn't under FBI investigation. The leader who isn't bankrolled by Wall Street.

https://youtu.be/9v97xH6Bof0?t=372
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4479  (isolation #61)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:31 pm

"I mean do you pick someone who's under investigation for using a private email server?

Or do you pick someone who called Mexicans rapists, thinks the President was born in Kenya, proposed banning an entire religion from entering the US, mocked a disabled reporter, said John McCain wasn't a war hero because he was captured, attacked the parents of a fallen soldier, bragged about committing sexual assault, was accused by 12 women of committing sexual assault, said some of those women weren't attractive enough for him to sexually assault, said more countries should get nukes, said he would force the military to commit war crimes, said a judge was biased because his parents are Mexicans, said women should be punished for having abortions, incited violence at his rallies, called global warming a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese, called for his opponent to be jailed, declared bankruptcy six times, bragged about not paying income taxes, stiffed his contractors and employees, lost a billion dollars in one year, scammed customers at his fake university, bought a six foot tall painting of himself with money from his fake foundation, has a trial for fraud coming up in November, insulted an opponent's looks, insulted an opponent's wife's looks, and grabbed about grabbing women by the pussy?

How do you choose?"
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4573  (isolation #62)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:22 pm

In post 4564, Albert B. Rampage wrote:He gets attacked in the media and still comes out the next day to do two rallies

omg............u mean.............................he's a presidential candidate on the campaign trail!?????????????????

#SoBrave
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4575  (isolation #63)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:23 pm

surely not
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4703  (isolation #64)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:18 pm

wake is a trump supporter and the world keeps spinning
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4704  (isolation #65)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:19 pm

In post 4675, Wake88 wrote:All of these issues in the periphery, and the one I care about most is freedom of speech here in America.

things hillary is doing to suppress freedom of speech: ???

things trump is doing to suppress freedom of speech (and the press): kicking media outlets out of his events for unfavorable coverage
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4712  (isolation #66)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:28 pm

tremendous
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4738  (isolation #67)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:37 pm

In post 4714, Wake88 wrote:
In post 4710, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Wake take your autistic medication holy shit

And if you call yourself a liberal you're not a very good one, considering your use of autism as an apparent insult.

Though I disagree with chamber and have a very different worldview I can see he is way above and better to discourse with than you and a few others here in political matters.

nobody say anything
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4740  (isolation #68)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:38 pm

reality tends to have a liberal bias tbh

i mean, MSNBC is really the Fox of the left

CNN is centrist as fuck but pretty fair. NPR/BBC have very little bias in their reporting iirc
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4741  (isolation #69)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:41 pm

so if we're looking just at audience... Yahoo News, WSJ, CBS, Google, Bloomberg, ABC, USA Today, and NBC are the least biased. CNN skews left, but not as left as MSNBC, which skews about as far left as Fox does right

NPR's listeners skew very liberal which isn't surprising, but I think their reporting is fairly balanced
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #5450  (isolation #70)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:48 am

hilarious.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #5827  (isolation #71)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:22 am

yall gettin taken to task by this troll account like what
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #5877  (isolation #72)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:11 pm

went out to a show last night, felt safe. during the show the singer told everyone this was where you could be you and be safe and it was beautiful and i cried a little bit.

then went to a bar afterwards where Grimm and I were openly mocked for being gay. I've never had my husband grab my arm and say "can we please go? I'm terrified right now" so that's cool

Donald Trump's America!!
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #5890  (isolation #73)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:03 pm

In post 5890, Shiro wrote:Is it even clear that Trump is anti-LGBTQ ? He was very pro LGBTQ in some speeches. I mean other than him vowing to sign the First amendment thing(motly done to gain the christian vote and not so much as I hate gays statemnt) and picking Mike pence(who I realise is very anti) he hasn't really shown any. Didn't he says that he wants to amend a thing to add a ban on discrimination based on sexual orientation ?

Uh, how the fuck do you hand-wave picking Pence (who supports conversion therapy) and Trump pledging to overturn the marriage decision?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #5904  (isolation #74)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:29 pm

can you stop fucking telling me how Trump isn't anti-gay? his rhetoric and divisiveness empowers people who are and he's done NOTHING to stop it or assuage anyone's fears
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6107  (isolation #75)  » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:52 am

In post 6093, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 5933, Davsto wrote:
In post 5930, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Probably the best opinion video I have watched regarding the election/results so far:

can we have a drinking game for this video being linked

Especially strange since it's not even serious..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Pie
Jonathan Pie is a satirical news reporter character created and played by British actor and comedian Tom Walker[1]. He is known for his outtake-like rants of a conflicted reporter speaking his mind about the state of UK politics.[2][3][4] He moved into international coverage after the 2016 US elections, where Pie's report video on Trump's win went viral[5] to become a YouTube trending video. Conversely, some media, including PJ Media did not recognise he was a satire character, and his report was commentated on as a professional "British lefty reporter".[6]

yes it is

just because he does it in a comical way doesn't make it any less serious

do i need to explain comedy to you KK
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6149  (isolation #76)  » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:07 am

Hey TSO, can you understand why some minorities and queers and POC and women are scared of a Trump presidency?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6192  (isolation #77)  » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:53 pm

because muslim registry & mike pence the homophobic basket case

that's why we're scared
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6286  (isolation #78)  » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:18 pm

In post 6254, karnos wrote:Lies, all lies. None of this is doctored other than highlighting.

How the hell can anyone say the mainstream media doesn't lie?

Let's break down the good and bad here. Context is very important.

WaPo Comey articles: one is from July when Comey delivered his findings after a long investigation. They were mad he didn't indict Hillary. The second article is from October when Comey delivered a nefarious-at-best letter that was purely optics. There was nothing in the letter to suggest warranting such panic, and it's not FBI protocol to do that. Comey sent that letter as a political move -- and that is what they are decrying.

Philly fashion articles: yeah, pretty much bullshit. I hate it and really though are we going to take fashion bloggers as anything to give a fuck about?

Warren tweets: the first tweet is referencing "rigged for the big guys" in terms of lobbying/Wall Street/the way you have to play politics. The second tweet is responding to Trump's claims that the election would be rigged, implying voter fraud. Completely different contexts, but when you compare them side by side, you can make it look like anything.

Maddow blogs: there's a huge different between Pat Smith / Khizir Khan's remarks. Pat Smith blamed Hillary for her son's death at Benghazi (something that she has been cleared of wrongdoing for many times) in order to whip up frenzy and discredit Hillary. Khizir Khan warned of the evils of Trump's rhetoric but did not sit there blaming him for his son's death. One was a heartfelt plea to the American people based on Trump's rhetoric; the other was a disingenuous ploy to use a grieving mother to ignore facts and whip up people's emotions.

Open borders: When Trump claims Clinton backs open borders, he means from a domestic policy sense. The leaked WikiLeaks emails show Clinton talking about her "dream society" in which there are no borders and open trade and blah blah blah. She's not trying to enact that policy. She mentions wanting it "some time in the future" and mentions a world where we've switched over to primarily green & sustainable energy (somewhere we clearly aren't yet), so equating the two is deceitful. Not to mention, even if you believe Clinton was talking about "open borders" as domestic policy -- those fact checks were done before Clinton's speeches were released via WikiLeaks, so there's no way the news organizations would've even had those documents to fact check against yet.

Assad fighting ISIS: Yeah, I won't pretend to know enough about foreign policy to try to parse this one, but I'll say that looks pretty bad. My understanding is that Assad considers any group opposing him to be ISIS. Some of those groups ARE ISIS-linked, some are just opposition groups with no links to ISIS. But again, I'm not a foreign policy expert. I think, if I had to wager, that's where AP's "untrue" remarks come from, because Trump is implying "Assad is doing a good job because it's just him versus ISIS" which isn't the case.

Politifact black unemployment: the major issue here is that Trump's campaign hasn't cited their sources, whereas Bernie's campaign was citing the Economic Policy Institute. Sanders didn't use the right term but his camp clarified their data later, which lead to Politifact's rating of mostly true. Trump's campaign declined to further clarify their source of data on the figure. It's a misuse of the term, but Politifact gives camps a chance to clarify before issuing their ruling.

PTSD vets: I don't really see how it can be taken any other way? Trump says that some people are strong and can handle the things you see during war, then says "but some of them can't handle it". The headlines report that Trump says veterans who have PTSD 'can't handle it' which is literally what he said, even with the context you provided?

Wikileaks vs Trump Tapes: you can always whip up statistics on media coverage to make them look bad. you can look at the statistics on Clinton's coverage, where her email scandal received 3x more airtime than policy coverage for ALL candidates. Plus, none of the damning Wikileaks emails were even from Clinton directly, while the Trump tapes were literally direct dialogue of the President-elect.

Clinton seen for first time: what is this even trying to prove? Margot Gerster ran into her in the woods near their home -- they live near each other. Then there's a Facebook post showing a picture from over a decade ago where Margot says her mother hosted a fundraiser for Hillary? What is this even proving? They're neighbors -- of course they'd run into each other.

HuffPo model: Yeah, that model is shit and Ryan Grim is shit. Nate Silver for fivethirtyeight lambasted him for his poll modeling very publicly and after the election, Grim admitted their model was wrong. This isn't some grand conspiracy.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6287  (isolation #79)  » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:19 pm

Nothing you posted is a lie. Nothing. It all requires a bit of nuance and context (which, granted, most people don't have time for) but it's not lies. The only thing that borders on a "lie" or being disingenuous is the fashion articles, because what the fuck was that?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6442  (isolation #80)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 am

It hasn't happened yet and that's like a huge point of why it's bothersome?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6450  (isolation #81)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:34 am

In post 6444, karnos wrote:
In post 6443, xRECKONERx wrote:It hasn't happened yet and that's like a huge point of why it's bothersome?

Trump hasn't been sworn in yet. It shouldn't be bothersome that someone who isn't technically the president yet.

FYI, I don't have a blind trust setup. I am also not technically the president yet. Does it concern you?

No, because you're not President-elect.

The issues seem to also come from the idea that it won't be a correctly implemented blind trust. Trump plans to have his children run it, but his children are also expected to at least partially retain regular contact and exchange of information with him.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6535  (isolation #82)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:24 am

In post 6533, karnos wrote:
In post 6527, Kublai Khan wrote:

Liberals: we hate Trump because he is a big mean bully!

Liberals: we hate Trump because when we bullly him he calls us out on it!

it's more the hypocrisy of the whole thing, but you do you
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6544  (isolation #83)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:40 am

In post 6541, karnos wrote:
In post 6536, xRECKONERx wrote:it's more the hypocrisy of the whole thing, but you do you

Yes, it it's extremely hypocritical for the left to complain about Trump being a bully, while anyone who admits to voting for or supporting Trump immediatly gets bullied by them.

It's more like this:

Left: "we don't want bullying"

Everyone else: "fuck yes bullying"

Everyone else: *votes in a bully*

Bully: "wahhh people are bullying!"
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6721  (isolation #84)  » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:55 am

In post 6695, Political Clout wrote:Trump has supported legal unions since 2000, has supported including lgbtq status in the civil rights act, and would have no problem assigning lgbt people to his cabinet. What got me the most was that in his RNC acceptance speech everybody applauded when he swore to support the rights and saety of lgbt. His VP acted to prevent legal discrimination against homosexuals. He acted to support the rights of all his consituents he was duty bound and placed that duty above everything else including a belief he held very close to his heart.

uh no

pence literally signed into law a bill that let businesses discriminate against gay people

he supported gay conversion therapy

don't you fucking dare come in here telling people that pence is some LGBT champion

and don't you dare repeat rhetoric about how "but trump said he would help the gays!" when he has Supreme Court justices lined up that wanted to criminalize and arrest gay people for having sex in their own homes
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6773  (isolation #85)  » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:58 pm

In post 6742, Kublai Khan wrote:Public service announcement: it's possible to ignore Accountant's by setting him on "Foe".

I did this weeks ago and the site quality has increased dramatically
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6774  (isolation #86)  » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:02 pm

In post 6760, Political Clout wrote:
In post 6722, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 6695, Political Clout wrote:Trump has supported legal unions since 2000, has supported including lgbtq status in the civil rights act, and would have no problem assigning lgbt people to his cabinet. What got me the most was that in his RNC acceptance speech everybody applauded when he swore to support the rights and saety of lgbt. His VP acted to prevent legal discrimination against homosexuals. He acted to support the rights of all his consituents he was duty bound and placed that duty above everything else including a belief he held very close to his heart.

uh no

pence literally signed into law a bill that let businesses discriminate against gay people

he supported gay conversion therapy

don't you fucking dare come in here telling people that pence is some LGBT champion

and don't you dare repeat rhetoric about how "but trump said he would help the gays!" when he has Supreme Court justices lined up that wanted to criminalize and arrest gay people for having sex in their own homes

Pence supports gay conversion therapy actually. And did not sign into a law a bill that lets businesses discriminate against gays. I wasn't saying anything of the sort of him being a champion of lgbt; your professional moral outrage is only outdone by total lack of proof for what you are saying.

It's not rhetoric. Gay people support trump including me. And Trump supports gay people. He grew up in New York. Don't tell me he hates gays or wants to in some way arrest gay people. You are making him guilty by association, but not Hillary? You give no consideration to the persons he wanted to appoint in his cabinet? Who is is more of a piece of shit?Trump appointing a random guy to his cabinet or everybody in the media yelling OPENLY GAY PERSON. Utter nonsense.

#1) i literally said he supported gay conversion therapy
#2) yes, he did. the religious freedom bill allowed that, then it got pushed back. tell me more about religious freedom bills. the state im living in currently has one modeled after Indiana's bill. I know the details intimately
#3) i am sorry you don't care about your fellow LGBTQ minority friends who are threatened by a Trump/Pence administration, but saying "I'm gay and support Trump therefore it's not rhetoric" has no bearing on the statement i made
#4) point to me on the doll where i said trump personally hates gays or wants to arrest gay people
#5) it's not guilt by association when Trump is the SOLE PERSON who gets to select SCOTUS justices and has fervently anti-LGBT people on his shortlist PLUS appointed Jeff Sessions, who has voted against every pro-LGBT bill that has come across his desk
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6775  (isolation #87)  » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:05 pm

just in case you meant pence didn't support the religious freedom bill, here is video of him on Stephanopoulos defending the bill: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/indiana- ... d=29985752
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6778  (isolation #88)  » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:57 pm

yeah that's why the subjects mostly just end up fucking killing themselves
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6780  (isolation #89)  » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:21 pm

i mean if you cast a vote for someone that directly harms someone else then you clearly don't care about the people it harms
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6783  (isolation #90)  » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:32 pm

In post 6782, pisskop wrote:Wow. A general who sends men off to die clearly doesnt care about those men, fuck them.
A farmer who kills his cows to make meat clearly doesnt care about them. Fuck cows.
When a stock broker buys shares of one stock that harm another its cuz he hates the other company. Fuck them.

you dropped this:
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6787  (isolation #91)  » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:39 pm

In post 6785, pisskop wrote:youre right. I guess it was when I tripped over your single-issue soapbox.

Hell, Trump woulda been a great guy if only he hadnt made pence the VP

yes, how dare i -- a gay married man -- be concerned for my livelihood and focus on the issue most important to me
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7078  (isolation #92)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:23 pm

In post 7068, Political Clout wrote:Hillary accepts money from Muslim people who chop off our heads and stone us to death. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

yes, you can

taking money to win the presidency to support gay people regardless of where the money comes from
then
supporting anti-LGBT policies in order to win the presidency

tell me which is worse
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7088  (isolation #93)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:30 pm

In post 7085, Sesq wrote:
In post 7079, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 7068, Political Clout wrote:Hillary accepts money from Muslim people who chop off our heads and stone us to death. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

yes, you can

taking money to win the presidency to support gay people regardless of where the money comes from
then
supporting anti-LGBT policies in order to win the presidency

tell me which is worse

trump never did the latter (pence perhaps), and my concern with the former is war shit not really lgbt things

*person responds to me about lgbt issues*
you: im not concerned with lgbt issues

thanks for your contribution!

Also Trump said IN INTERVIEWS DURING HIS CAMPAIGN he wanted to overturn gay marriage and also appointed pence, Supreme Homophobe Of the US
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7095  (isolation #94)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:33 pm

In post 7094, Sesq wrote:
In post 7087, Accountant wrote:Because in mafia people lie and trick each other while politicians are trying to get people to trust them and work with them so they won't act like scumlords maybe???

The fact that you think running a nation is like a game of mafia is bad

They're more similar than you give them credit to

PEDIT: reckoner, im gay and trans. Don't strawman me and tell me I don't care about other people.

did i tell you any of that

wasnt addressing you, please fuck off now
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7096  (isolation #95)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:33 pm

it's cute that you use an alt to avoid actually interacting with people but nobody cares
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7104  (isolation #96)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:38 pm

In post 7099, Sesq wrote:Yes, you were talking to me on your previous post, and you are now. Is the alt thing addressed to me as well? I don't want to make assumptions, unlike a certain ad-hominem bearing individual.

show me on the doll where i said you don't care about other people!
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7112  (isolation #97)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:49 pm

In post 7106, theplague42 wrote:
In post 7101, karnos wrote:
In post 7089, xRECKONERx wrote:Also Trump said IN INTERVIEWS DURING HIS CAMPAIGN he wanted to overturn gay marriage and also appointed pence, Supreme Homophobe Of the US

No he didn't. He actually said it was settled, and he is fine with gay marriage.

Quit trying to spread lies.

http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2016/ ... -responds/
WALLACE: But -- but just to button this up very quickly, sir, are you saying that if you become president, you might try to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage?
TRUMP: I would strongly consider that, yes.

So he changes opinions based on the day.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/dona ... -decision/

next?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7113  (isolation #98)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:49 pm

that link sucks but it has the video link
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7117  (isolation #99)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:50 pm

"turmp only said that back in february, but let's take hillary to task over shit she did 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago!"
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7726  (isolation #100)  » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:32 pm

stop engaging with accountant
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7853  (isolation #101)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:48 pm

In post 7853, karnos wrote:They aren't "racist", but they do treat people differently based on the color of their skin.

Affirmative action, diversity quotients, BLM, immigrants getting free government services.

it's almost like years of slavery and not giving people civil rights have set certain minority groups behind by generations since they didn't get a head start
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7863  (isolation #102)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:08 pm

In post 7856, karnos wrote:
In post 7854, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 7853, karnos wrote:They aren't "racist", but they do treat people differently based on the color of their skin.

Affirmative action, diversity quotients, BLM, immigrants getting free government services.

it's almost like years of slavery and not giving people civil rights have set certain minority groups behind by generations since they didn't get a head start

They were not my slaves. By putting others ahead, I am put behind. That isn't equality.

Speaking on a societal level, your family has had the chance to get ahead because your great grandparents/etc weren't put behind by being in slavery.

Yes, anecdotally, everyone has different stories. We're not talking anecdotally.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7985  (isolation #103)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:24 am

In post 7875, karnos wrote:
In post 7864, xRECKONERx wrote:Speaking on a societal level, your family has had the chance to get ahead because your great grandparents/etc weren't put behind by being in slavery.

Yes, anecdotally, everyone has different stories. We're not talking anecdotally.

How do you know? Sure, in America black slaves were the main thing (although indentured servants were nearly as bad), but on a long enough timeline every race has had a turn.

Or are you using an arbitrary period of time to consider as relevant?

um what

"american history" isn't an arbitrary time period considering, you know, we're talking about american domestic policy and american history of slavery and american civil rights

jesus christ
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7988  (isolation #104)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:29 am

In post 7958, Persivul wrote:I was born white, male and middle class in the US in the 60s. As such, I've had more opportunity than 99%+ of the people who have ever lived. I recognize that and support affirmative action.

The problem is people who equate that position with voting Democrat. Dems have no interest in doing more than paying lip service to helping blacks.

Similarly, I agree that wealth inequality is getting out of hand, and taxing the hell out of the 1% is a good idea. The problem again is equating that position with voting Democrat. The Dems have no interest in taxing the hell out of the 1%, as those are some of their biggest contributors. Why do you think Hillary talked about the basket of deplorables during a fundraiser, rather than taxing the hell out of the wealthy? Because she was addressing a bunch of wealthy contributors. They could feel good about themselves because they weren't deplorable, thereby excusing/avoiding their income inequality.

Hey, a Persivul post I can agree with.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7989  (isolation #105)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:30 am

"For reminding America that demagoguery feeds on despair and that truth is only as powerful as the trust in those who speak it, for empowering a hidden electorate by mainstreaming its furies and live-streaming its fears, and for framing tomorrow’s political culture by demolishing yesterday’s, Donald Trump is TIME’s 2016 Person of the Year,"

winning so hard
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #7990  (isolation #106)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:32 am

Also, regarding affirmative action: I don't think it's something that will be a permanent fixture, and I sort of agree with the idea that there's a shift on the horizon where AA has done its job and we'll need a new system to ensure diversity and proper opportunity access for everyone. But that won't happen yet, because there's still too much institutionalized racism in business and education. We're not there yet. We've got more work to do.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #8012  (isolation #107)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:02 pm

In post 8004, Persivul wrote:
In post 7991, xRECKONERx wrote:Also, regarding affirmative action: I don't think it's something that will be a permanent fixture, and I sort of agree with the idea that there's a shift on the horizon where AA has done its job and we'll need a new system to ensure diversity and proper opportunity access for everyone. But that won't happen yet, because there's still too much institutionalized racism in business and education. We're not there yet. We've got more work to do.

Why?

Shouldn't we be working toward a post-racial society where we don't even think about such things?

If you institutionalize opposition to racism, you prolong racism.

I'm not talking specifically along racial lines. I'm talking more along socioeconomic lines.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #8013  (isolation #108)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:02 pm

In post 8008, karnos wrote:
In post 8006, theplague42 wrote:So if we just ignore racism, it'll go away.

"If we don't use a broken method to fix racism, there is no other way to fix it!"

Gotta call you out on the fallacy.

AA isn't really a way to fix "racism" in the way you're describing it. It's a way to ensure equal opportunity to a historically oppressed people.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #8014  (isolation #109)  » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:03 pm

AA is a way to combat racism, but it's not going to fix it. AA would be unnecessary if institutionalized racism wasn't a thing. You want AA gone, fix that problem somehow.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #8363  (isolation #110)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:16 pm

In post 8274, GreyICE wrote:If gerrymandering is ruled unconstitutional (which it should be, it's antidemocratic, and that's small "d" democracy, government reflecting the will of the people) then the Republicans are going to lose the House for the foreseeable future.

In 2016 most voters voted for a Democratic President, a Democratic senator and a Democratic congressperson. We have a Republican President, a Republican Senate and a Republican House. If you think democracy is going to be the salvation of the Republicans (rather than the electoral college and increasingly obscene redistricting) then you're a bit nuts.

NC's gerrymandered districts already got struck down in Federal court and we're forced to have special state election in 2017 for ALL STATE LEGISLATURE SEATS under a redrawn map. Problem is, it's still the House redrawing the map.s
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #8372  (isolation #111)  » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:15 pm

In post 8371, karnos wrote:
In post 8368, Aeronaut wrote:You understand that we've already seen this happening all over the world, right? Sea levels are rising. It's a fact. Just because al Gore wasn't right about the speed in which it's happening doesn't mean it's not. The Netherlands aren't going to exist in 50 years, because half their islands will be enveloped. Let that sink in

Karnos is just another example of our education system failing, unfortunately, to tell people actual science and not "climate change is an opinion" because no it is not.

So fucking what?

I can tell you that tonight, the sun is going to seemingly disappear and leave our land in darkness for some time. That doesn't mean it's caused by humans, and it also doesn't mean you should spend billions of dollars studying the problem of why the sun goes down at night.

Climate change is real. Sure.

Climate change is caused by humans. Provably false, as we have had multiple ice ages in the past.

Okay, than this specific case of climate change is caused by humans. Probably, maybe, but what does that mean?

This case of climate change is going to leave the earth doomed in a few years. Proven false the last few times it was predicted, but this time is for real?

Haven't you heard the story of the boy who cries wolf?

Besides, some would argue that a little warming would be a good thing, maybe in a post-warming world Canada will be able to support life, as an example.

We need strict pollution laws to fight climate change in the USA, while China, Russia, India, Mexico keep on building more factories! I thought the change was global? Do you really think anything is going to be solved merely by pushing it outside of our national boarders?

In post 8369, Aeronaut wrote:Karnos are you one of those trump supporters who cry and complain about feeling "disenfranchised" when people disagree with their views?

Not at all, I have just never been wrong, so it's hard to take people seriously when they disagree with things that are plainly obviously true. I'm sure one day one of the insane predictions of a climate change fanatic will actually come true (because even a broken clock is right twice a day), but until that day happens why should I change?

oh my fucking god
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #8732  (isolation #112)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:47 pm

mute accountant
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #9299  (isolation #113)  » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:53 am

#foeaccountant
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #10392  (isolation #114)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:22 pm

tillerson would've had a fine hearing

and then he was like "idk what are human rights"
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #12865  (isolation #115)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:31 am

yeah the context def didnt make it sounds like he meant 17 year old legal relationships
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #12868  (isolation #116)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:50 am

yeah let's not pretend like Milo wasn't defending pedophilia because he literally said "if it weren't for [priest's name who was a pedophile] i wouldn't give such good head"
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #12881  (isolation #117)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:57 pm

In post 12878, James3 wrote:Regarding Milo, this recent stuff freaks out the mainstream media because he's a living reminder of a connection that they don't want to explore yet.

They (the MSM) have forced people to accept a historically aberrant form of homosexuality (namely, between consenting adults). Around a decade and a half ago, the Boston Globe decided to use pederasty (which is the historically most common form of homosexuality) as a cudgel against the biggest enemy of the left's depraved social agenda. Since the media is still using that as a weapon, they aren't yet ready to normalize pederasty. I estimate they'll probably go ahead with that some time in the 30's-50's.

you just need a good cock sucking by a dude, you'll come flaming outta that closet
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #12897  (isolation #118)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:27 pm

hey James3 send pics
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #12909  (isolation #119)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:56 pm

In post 12905, James3 wrote:A leftist is someone who will insist that he simply stands for basic decency and simultaneously question whether those who disagree with him are human beings.

A leftist is someone that would ask someone with a U-Haul in their driveway and a house full of boxes if they were moving

Like, nope! We just pack our stuff up once or twice a week to see how many boxes it takes!

Here's your sign
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #12927  (isolation #120)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:17 pm

In post 12915, James3 wrote:People are tired of being required to continually prostrate themselves before designated victim groups for the crime of being distantly related to designated bad guys.

P.S. Anyone who honestly believes that Trump holds forbidden opinions about Jews is literally delusional.

oh this guy is a great troll account

i cant wait for him to slip up and match IPs with a banned account though
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13010  (isolation #121)  » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:46 pm

In post 12981, Not_Mafia wrote:I'd recommend unfoeing, this most recent post is a doozy

In post 12978, Accountant wrote:I'm sorry for my harsh language, but such actions are revolting. I can empathize better with someone like Hitler than I can with people who protest. At least Hitler made the effort to advance his agenda in an orderly, understandable and human way. At least Hitler was an evil person, rather than a kind of foul, squeamish cockraoch.

holy shit
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13029  (isolation #122)  » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:50 pm

In post 13027, Kublai Khan wrote:http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/321049-white-house-hand-picks-select-media-for-briefing

Weak administration dodges questions and the people that ask them. CNN, The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News not invited to attend a Q&A with Spicer

Sad!
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13031  (isolation #123)  » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:59 pm

i think it's trump being whiny as fuck

i think maybe bannon is like "Hey um we should ban these people" because Bannon has plans

this article in my local paper sums up my thoughts on it pretty well

most GOP know bannon is batshit and has to go at some point
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13035  (isolation #124)  » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:12 pm

In post 13033, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 12989, Shaziro wrote:So, in Trump news. Some guy made a contributor post on HuffPo claiming that Trump is "Absolutely Right About Sweden". Specifically, the article is

http://archive.is/pJQoy

HuffPo has pulled the article but still has the guy's author page at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/author/kulturdrops-775.

While HuffPo obviously has the right to take down any story they don't want to run, I don't believe they've actually said -why- they pulled it. Does anyone know anything more on this?

In post 12990, theplague42 wrote:If they agree to work with a contributor, they should let that contributor run his pieces. Now in this case, reading the article, it's a pretty awful article. There's no citations, no links. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed it for being bad, but then again it's HuffPo. They don't have much integrity.

Guess what, the "free press" has an agenda and lies constantly to guys like reckoner who eat it right up lol

oh no i believe news outlets that run sourced stories on trump's ties to russia then he bans them i guess i am a sheeple omg
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13039  (isolation #125)  » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:28 pm

he just hates me because i wouldnt have a hot 3way with him while i was in montreal :(
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13102  (isolation #126)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:52 pm

In post 13099, ɀefiend wrote:The media and press are part of the public.

The media and the press aren't "banned" or "censored.". Some of the organizations who purport themselves as "news" are simply not welcome at the White House. Tough luck for them. Maybe if they hadn't lost the trust and credibility with the public, the WH might have let them come in.

your a moran
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13170  (isolation #127)  » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:06 am

T S O not understanding Buzzfeed being an actual journalistic source is pretty much a microcosm of this whole thread
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13224  (isolation #128)  » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:35 am

hey James3 do you think more people would read your posts if you didn't hate gay people
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13244  (isolation #129)  » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:35 pm

In post 13242, Shaziro wrote:I believe that depends on if he was under oath or not.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/ ... ssia-trump
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13246  (isolation #130)  » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:55 pm

Vox leans slightly left but as far as objectivity goes they're pretty good about providing context, sources, and facts.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13324  (isolation #131)  » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:13 am

uh no

people were up in arms about hillary's emails because they were on a private server and were unsecured

it's what lead to this giant fucking congressional hearing
it's what lead to the FBI investigation
it's what lead to them asking her to turn over her emails to prove there was nothing there

so at the very least, Pence should be asked to turn over all his email records there to a third party investigation to determine there was no breach of confidentiality or anything

the "corrupt shit" people got so angry about came from wikileaks hacking the DNC, not the clinton emails
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13338  (isolation #132)  » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:12 pm

wikileaks didnt hack the dnc, they dont hack anyone, they recieve submissions

this is irrelevant to my point
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13377  (isolation #133)  » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:47 am

get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13584  (isolation #134)  » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:20 pm

In post 13581, Fluminator wrote:Fuck you.

You don't even look at the specific case I mentioned and instead go for some bullshit generalized straw man that has nothing to do with anything because you're so concerned with mental masturbating because you're a loser who has nothing better to do.
Clinton was just doing her job pushing for the narrative that the child rape victim likes fantasizing.
I dare you to say that to Kathy Shelton's face.

Last edited by xRECKONERx on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13775  (isolation #135)  » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:42 pm

yall havent figured out james3's alt yet?
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13865  (isolation #136)  » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:25 pm

In post 13854, T S O wrote:Let's be honest, no-one here has any intention of accrediting this tax return, because it doesn't fit your agenda. The line is presumably "just because he paid it one year!" and if all of the returns ever do come out, you'll immediately move to something else likely involving the word Russia.

this is halfway correct

if DJT released his tax returns and there was nothing there, we'd move on

that's correct

that's like, the whole point of releasing tax returns
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #13990  (isolation #137)  » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:38 pm

get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #18436  (isolation #138)  » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:27 am

*sees NS discussion happening*

*starts to post giant wall*

*realizes he's a mod now*

*backs away and just links IceGuy to this thread*
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #24437  (isolation #139)  » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:01 pm

In post 3903, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 3597, RadiantCowbells wrote:Bernie will run third party next election if he runs considering that Hillary's cronies at the DNC stabbed him in the back

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i wanna bring back this gem, anyway bye again
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #24948  (isolation #140)  » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:17 pm

In post 24945, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 24934, arachnidsGrip wrote:
In post 24933, Psyche wrote:so uh
what's with your gimmick

Not a gimmick, literally do this everywhere. Topic doesn't matter, and I won't 8e harassed into stoping it, people have tried. Hope it's not too challenging for you.

You put all the extra effort into having the stupid gimmicky thing despite knowing that nobody appreciates it and you have to start every conversation as a disadvantage because your attention-seeking behavior immediately drowns out anything you have to say?

Oooooh.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #24961  (isolation #141)  » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:16 pm

wew
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #24965  (isolation #142)  » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:24 pm

jesus god
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25000  (isolation #143)  » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:50 pm

grip

youre conflating people getting upset about your gender identity with people getting annoyed by your self-imposed posting restriction

and that's neat, but you moving the goalposts to call people vaguely transphobic -- esp when u dont know this site, or the people on it, and have only been here for two weeks -- is rather fucked
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25006  (isolation #144)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:02 am

In post 25002, arachnidsGrip wrote:
In post 25000, xRECKONERx wrote:grip

youre conflating people getting upset about your gender identity with people getting annoyed by your self-imposed posting restriction

and that's neat, but you moving the goalposts to call people vaguely transphobic -- esp when u dont know this site, or the people on it, and have only been here for two weeks -- is rather fucked

No, he was 8eing transpho8ic when he was misgendering me only. I am not saying he is transpho8ic in h8ing that I am Vriska, there is certainly a pho8ia a8out that, 8ut it's not transpho8ia. Sorry that wasn't clear. Though I have to say, while we can treat the way I express myself as Vriska, and my gender identity as two seper8 things for this instance, they are intrinsically linked. I will 8e charita8le and say it's not that I identify as a girl so much as it's just, everything else.

for people who aren't constantly exposed to trans people, a default tool for them can be to default to "they/them" pronouns so as to remain gender neutral. dont assume the worst about everyone off of one interaction.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25013  (isolation #145)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:09 am

shitting on someone for a stupid gimmick is not the same as shitting on someone for being trans. kk's prior history has really no relevance here tbh, and i dont know enough ab it to qualify any of the claims.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25017  (isolation #146)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:10 am

i have no interest in kk vs grip right here
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25022  (isolation #147)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:14 am

i am very much not defending kk as much as i am taking issue with the idea that attacking a very stupid gimmick is not the same thing as attacking someone's trans-ness and that's how i read the posts
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25030  (isolation #148)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:24 am

if kk is transphobic, great, roast him all yall want. idgaf. transphobes dont deserve a place here. i havent seen enough either way to make a judgment call on that, and it wasn't my intention to do so -- my posts may have been mistimed and given the illusion of defending the misgendering, which is not the case. i have trans friends ive known for like a decade, both pre-and-post transition, who i still accidentally misgender sometimes when i get to catch up with them because it's not something i'm around, so i certainly cannot throw stones in a glass house. i'm working on improving in that regard. and that's really neither here nor there to my actual point, not sure when the goalposts moved.

@sesq: i can certainly argue that forcing a posting quirk bc you identify as a webcomic character is not something im going to take seriously or treat with the grave nature as someone who is struggling with gender dysphoria or identifies as trans. that's insulting to trans people.

and congrats, arachnids. you came to the forum and posted in a manner that was annoying, and people called you out for it. you've made waves.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25033  (isolation #149)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:30 am

pants i am not arguing with you about transphobia, i am commenting on the homestuck shtick. that's it.

i am absolutely not going to support anyone misgendering someone on purpose.

p.edit: that's great, i'm happy for you, sesq. i will and have protested and fought for trans people and inclusivity. i have not and will not protest and march for someone to identify as a fictional character and attack people who don't respect that.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25036  (isolation #150)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:31 am

In post 25034, arachnidsGrip wrote:Yes I have, thank you for the congratul8tions! Also, that is a piss poor argument 8ecause it assumes that this isn't as important for me as other people's expression. You have no idea if that is true, and no it's not. I've spent years of my life living this identity, I even have dysphoric symptoms 8eyond the normal dysphoria of 8eing trans, so fuck off with that.

Also Trump 8ad fascist, you know, topic.

ok
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25038  (isolation #151)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:33 am

In post 25035, Ythan wrote:"I heard donald trump got covid I better check the individual-1 thread wow it sure is hopping."

not just trump but a billion other people too

also pence was surrounded by 4 people at the barrett hearing and 3 of them have tested positive OOPS
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25040  (isolation #152)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:34 am

In post 25037, Sesq wrote:
In post 25033, xRECKONERx wrote:pants i am not arguing with you about transphobia, i am commenting on the homestuck shtick. that's it.

i am absolutely not going to support anyone misgendering someone on purpose.

p.edit: that's great, i'm happy for you, sesq. i will and have protested and fought for trans people and inclusivity. i have not and will not protest and march for someone to identify as a fictional character and attack people who don't respect that.

You should, not necessarily for webcomic kins, but for anyone to be able to identify however the hell they want because all existing psychological models are bullshit created to support capital.

ok
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25049  (isolation #153)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:39 am

In post 25042, panthaleon wrote:
In post 25033, xRECKONERx wrote:pants i am not arguing with you about transphobia, i am commenting on the homestuck shtick. that's it.

Ok but the stuff kk was being criticized on when you interceded was removed from the typing quirk. You can think it's annoying out whatever that's fine, but you came in perceiving the situation as kk being transphobic by disliking the quirk and that's not the situation

my first two posts were remarking on the "webcomic kin" thing
grip made some potshot posts, maybe directed at kk, but i took as directed towards anyone at large that was daring to question their webcomic identity.
i tried to clarify the difference between gender identity & the post restriction or newly coined "webcomickin"

that's where i started with this. then it went a direction where i was somehow justifying KK's postings, which wasnt my intention, and may be a result of communication errors in the flurry of posts coming through.

and, even now, grips has stated that the attack on the comic persona is more offensive/personal/important/whatever than the misgendering, which is the lane im trying to drive in.

but clearly things are too murky right now so ill step away so as not to antagonize things even further.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25056  (isolation #154)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:50 am

get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25063  (isolation #155)  » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:28 am

In post 25062, arachnidsGrip wrote: Yea, physical sex is a 8ig spook. Gender is too, xenogenders are 8ased 8ecause they accept the reality of it all 8eing performative. I would never get in the way of anyone identifying as anything, I'll even 8ack you up if you get hassled for identifying as an attack helicopter. Making "real or fake" distinctions a8out identity is just harmful, and necessarily reactionary and exclusionary, which is just, fucked up you know? Why do we need to invalid8 anyone? The only argument is one of "well we have to 8elittle this identity 8ecause cishet people are not even ready to accept normal trans people!" I am not going to play 8y cishet rules. That is dum8.

and here you go again using the banner of transphobia to defend your posting quirk!

have a wonderful night, ladies, gentlemen, nonbinary folks, webcomic kin, otherkin, attack helicopters, otakukin, and everything else out there.
this is very much beyond my limited understanding so i wish you all a wonderful life that is lived to the fullest.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25166  (isolation #156)  » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:00 am

In post 25160, Ginngie wrote:Idk man, saying you’re not human is one hell of an identity claim

:oops:
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25192  (isolation #157)  » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:09 am

https://gfycat.com/snoopyglossyantlion

trump struggling to breathe at the WH
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25197  (isolation #158)  » Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:51 am

In post 25196, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Let's just vote 3rd party and upset practically everyone.

or don't
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

[ + ]

Return to General Discussion