Newbie 1698 - The Mystery of History - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Newbie 1698 - The Mystery of History - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Drixx »

The Mystery of History

Newbie 1698 by Drixx
Backup Mod: Varsoon

Welcome to The Mystery of History, a newbie game featuring the Semi-Open Matrix6 setup, and featuring light flavor inspired by historical events.

Playerlist:

1.) JaeReed
2.) Charloux
3.) Nahdia
Bailey17 *

4.) James3 *
5.) Chilledtea
Kagesong

6.) Raskolnikov (SE)
7.) Klingoncelt (SE)
Willowmeadow (SE)

8.) Dierfire (SE)
9.) Bellaphant (IC)
Nachomamma8 (IC)

* = prods
Replacements noted with
Strikethrough

Spoiler: Still Alive (5/9)

1.) JaeReed
2.) Charloux
3.) Nahdia
4.) James3
6.) Raskolnikov (SE)[/spoiler]

Spoiler: In the Dead Thread (4/9)
7.)
Klingoncelt (SE)

8.)
Dierfire (SE)

5.)
Chilledtea

9.)
Bellaphant (IC)

Spoiler: Mod-Killed (0/9)

Let's not have any of these, okay?[/spoiler]

Vote Counts:

1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7
2.0, 2.1, 2.2
3.0, 3.1

Game Events:

Day One:

Bellaphant replaces Nachomamma8
Chilledtea replaces Kagesong
Nahdia replaces Bailey17
Klingoncelt replaces Willowmeadow
Klingoncelt was lynched (Vanilla Town)

Day Two:

Dierfire (Vanilla Townie) was found dead in the morning.
Chilledtea (Mafia Roleblocker) was lynched.

Day Three:

Bellaphant (Mafia Goon) was lynched.
Game over. Post-game Discussion starts here.

PT Links:

Dead Thread:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=66016
Mod Setup and Notes Thread:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65996
Mafia PT:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=66015

Game Setup

This game is using the standard Newbie Game setup, Matrix6. One row or one column will be randomly chosen from the table below and the remaining six roles will be filled in by Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies as appropriate to create a total of 2 Mafia-aligned players and 7 Town-aligned players.

ABC
Town Jailkeeper
Vanilla Townie
Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker
Town Cop
Town Doctor
Town 1-Shot Bulletproof
Mafia Goon
Town Tracker

Please note:
  • The Mafia must specify who is performing what Night action when the actions are submitted.
  • In applicable situations, a Roleblocker's action will resolve before a Jailkeeper's action.
  • In applicable situations, a Mafia Roleblocker has the option of submitting both roleblocks and kills, even when the Mafia Goon is still alive.

Spoiler: Sample Role PMs
Vanilla TownieYou are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities

• During the Day, you may vote for whomever you want lynched.
  • During the Night, you may sleep.

Win Condition

• You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated, whether you survive to the end or not.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

Town CopYou are a
Town Cop

Abilities

• During the Night, you may investigate one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You believe [target] to be [
    Mafia
    /
    Town
    ].
    If you did not successfully investigate someone because you were roleblocked, you will receive
    No Result

Win Condition

• You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated, whether you survive to the end or not.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Please confirm your participation in this game by responding to this PM with your role name. The game thread is here.

Town DoctorYou are a
Town Doctor

Abilities

• During the Night, you may protect one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. You may not target yourself. You will not be informed as to the result of your protection.

Win Condition

Town JailkeeperYou are a
Town Jailkeeper

Abilities

• During the Night, you may place one player in jail by sending me the name of your target via PM. They will be protected from kills and prevented from using their own ability, if they have one. You will not be informed as to the result of your ability. You may not target yourself.

Win Condition

Town TrackerYou are a
Town Tracker

Abilities

• During the Night, you may track one player by sending me the name of your target via PM. At the end of the Night, you will receive a result in the form of
    You tracked [target] to [their target]'s house
    , or
    [Target] stayed home.

Win Condition

Town 1-Shot BulletproofYou are a
Town One-Shot Bulletproof

Abilities

• You will survive the first kill attempt made on you during the Night. You will not be informed if and when this happens.

Win Condition

Mafia GoonYou are a
Mafia Goon
with your partner PLAYER (
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker
.)

Abilities

• You may talk to your partner during the Night, so long as you are both alive, in this thread.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting in the Mafia thread or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.

Win Condition

• You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Mafia RoleblockerYou are a
Mafia Roleblocker
with your partner PLAYER (
Mafia Goon
.)

Abilities

• Individually, you may roleblock one player by sending me the name of your target via the Mafia thread or by PM. You may both roleblock and kill during the same Night.
  • You may talk to your partner during the Night, so long as you are both alive, in this thread.
  • As a team, the Mafia may kill one player per Night by posting in the Mafia thread or sending me a PM with your target and which one of you will be performing the kill.

Win Condition

• You win when the Town is eliminated and at least one Mafia-aligned player is still alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

Last edited by Drixx on Mon May 02, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Drixx »

Game Rules

(Adapted from various game mods: no sense re-inventing the wheel)

Adhere to the site-wide rules as well as the following rules.
If you are ever unsure if something is against the rules, please ask beforehand.

General Gameplay Rules
  1. You may not quote Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  2. The only places outside of this thread you are permitted to talk about this game are in Mod-provided private topics and private messages to the Mod. Note that the mafia team may privately communicate with one another during only the Night phases.
  3. Once your death scene has been posted by the Mod you may no longer post. The dead in this game are silent.
  4. Do not make posts that look like mod communication.
    Burnt Orange
    is reserved for the Mod.
  5. Do not use encrypted or hard-to-see text (including "invisible" text, text below the 50% text size option, or text hidden via BBCode. Spoiler tags are fine.
  6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
  7. If you have a question, you may PM the mod, or you can use a bolded @Mod followed by your question. If doing the latter, please put it starting on its own line so that I do not overlook it.
  8. The Scum PT will be unlocked and a link provided at the end of the game. Scum should post in their PT accordingly.

Game Timeline & Activity Rules
  1. Game Days will last at most two weeks. An extension may be granted if a replacement is required within the last 72 hours of a game day.
  2. Game Nights will last 48 hours.
  3. If a player doesn't post in-game after a period of 48 hours, other players may request a prod of that player.
  4. If a player is prodded, that player has 24 hours to make an in-game post or risks replacement.
  5. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
  6. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a V/LA notice in the thread in advance.

Lynching & Voting Rules
  1. Please submit votes as:
    Vote: PlayerName
    or VOTE: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
  2. You may Copy and Paste from the Code box if you need:
  3. Code: Select all

[b]Vote: Playername[/b] OR [vote]Playername[/vote] -- [unvote]Playername[/unvote] and [b]Unvote: Playername[/b] and [b]Unvote[/b] are all acceptable ways to unvote.

4. Unvotes are
    not mandatory
    before changing votes.
  5. Vote Counts will be posted at least every 24 hours, and more often if necessary. You may request a vote count at any time by sending a PM to the mod.
  6. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur.
  7. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  8. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch. No Lynch will also occur if no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline.

Etiquette Guidelines
  1. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  2. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  3. Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.
  4. Always play to your win condition.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Drixx »

Vote Count 1.0
Vote Count 1.0

JaeReed (0) -
Charloux (0) -
Bailey17 (0) -
James3 (0) -
Kagesong (0) -
Raskolnikov (0) -
Willowmeadow (0) -
Dierfire (0) -
Nachomamma8 (0) -

Not Voting (9):
Bailey17, Charloux, Dierfire, JaeReed, James3, kagesong, Nachomamm8, Raskolnikov, Willowmeadow

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Saturday, April 23nd, at 3:30 PM EDT, which is in (expired on 2016-04-23 15:30:00).[/countdown].

Role PMs are out. The game will begin once all players have confirmed. Failure to confirm within 48 hours will result in being replaced

Confirmed Count:
9/9
Last edited by Drixx on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Drixx »

Everyone has confirmed. The game begins now.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Bailey17
Bailey17
Townie
Bailey17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Bailey17 »

Hi everyone! Thought I nearly missed this starting, oops.

VOTE: Dierfire

Fire is typically a bad thing.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:33 am

Post by Dierfire »

Hello everyone!
It's nice to see some familiar names, and some new friends as well. I'm not the IC for this game, but I did just complete my first IC game and I enjoyed it, so please feel free to ask me any questions!
I'll let Nachomamma8 give a more complete picture, but for those who are new, the game usually begins with the "Random Vote Stage" (RVS), in which we cast votes for arbitrary reasons.

I'm going to vote for Raskolnikov, whom I've never seen draw Town.

VOTE: Raskolnikov
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Charloux »

I am not a fan of RVS, so i hope you won't mind me not participating.
So much time passed since i got my role PM, have to check it again just in case :]
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Charloux »

@Dierfire: I feel bad for Rasko, since all his games i saw ended up with him dead before the second day.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Dierfire »

Ha ha, then maybe the solution is not to draw Mafia so much!
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Dierfire »

Upon further investigation, I have seen Raskolnikov as Town (Newbie 1670). I'm still leaving my vote, though.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Charloux »

Then let's do this:
If he isn't dead by tommorow, that means he is mafia and we lynch him!
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:08 am

Post by kagesong »

LOL, that ended RVS prematurely :P. Hey folks, second game of Mafia EVER, super excited. If I'm miscommunicating or not being clear, PLEASE tell me.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

open thread and this is the first thing I see
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

VOTE: Charloux
deranged and incoherent
?
Bailey17
Bailey17
Townie
Bailey17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Bailey17 »

In post 11, kagesong wrote:LOL, that ended RVS prematurely :P. Hey folks, second game of Mafia EVER, super excited. If I'm miscommunicating or not being clear, PLEASE tell me.

Wait, is RVS over? I thought RVS ending would be, like, when there felt like there were some solid leads to follow and pursue and thus far it's mostly just joking around. (Or at least I thought so lmao)

It's my first forum mafia game but I've played epicmafia styled stuff before.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Charloux »

It's good to lighten up the mood and i just couldn't resist making fun of Rask.
Guess i'll play along: VOTE: James3; I REALLY dislike number 3
Bailey17
Bailey17
Townie
Bailey17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Bailey17 »

In post 15, Charloux wrote:It's good to lighten up the mood and i just couldn't resist making fun of Rask.
Guess i'll play along: VOTE: James3; I REALLY dislike number 3

What made you change your mind on doing the RVS so quickly?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Charloux »

It would be a problem (for town) if nothing is done. I am against RVS because a 2nd page lynch can happen if there are enough idiots, and i don't see any so if my vote can help, then why not?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:27 am

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: Nacho

Are we still in RVS? I hope so. I'm Australian so will have time differences to most of you, at a guess.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by kagesong »

In post 14, Bailey17 wrote:
In post 11, kagesong wrote:LOL, that ended RVS prematurely :P. Hey folks, second game of Mafia EVER, super excited. If I'm miscommunicating or not being clear, PLEASE tell me.

Wait, is RVS over? I thought RVS ending would be, like, when there felt like there were some solid leads to follow and pursue and thus far it's mostly just joking around. (Or at least I thought so lmao)

It's my first forum mafia game but I've played epicmafia styled stuff before.

LOL No, sweetheart, RVS is not REALLY over. I was referencing post 10 where Charloux gave a "logical" lynch target as humor.
James3
James3
Goon
James3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by James3 »

If it makes you feel better Charloux, my normal username is James2, but that was taken here.

I play at the ToS forums, but I decided to give MS a shot. I consider myself experienced at FM, but I figured I should join a newbie game first to get a sense of the MS meta.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by kagesong »

VOTE: James3

Because James3 is nowhere NEAR as original as James2. COME ON MAN. You should have gone with peanutbutter.
Willowmeadow
Willowmeadow
Goon
Willowmeadow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:26 am

Post by Willowmeadow »

Hi!

VOTE: Bailey17 because your name is surely related to some alcohol thing and we don't tolerate drunkards in our town.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Drixx »

Well...
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx