New Normal Guidelines - April 2017 update!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:10 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 9, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:You can still do the "do it or get modkilled"-version of Compulsive!

dem loopholes doe
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:05 am

Post by vonflare »

Add a rule where vanilla townies can dayvig people who penta-post.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #61 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:25 am

Post by vonflare »

I call thinking up the names of the roles.

In post 58, GreyICE wrote:
A role who learns who a person targeted at night
A role who learns what a person did at night
A role that learns if a person did something at night
A role that learns if a person can do something at night
A role that learns if a person was targeted at night
A role that learns what targeted a person at night
A role that learns if a person was targeted at night
A role that learns if a person targeted someone or was targeted by someone at night

Tracker
Follower
Interrogator (WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT?)
Asker (what are you doing tonight?)
Watcher
Voyeur
Confessor (be honest. Has anyone visited you recently?)
Detector
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:56 am

Post by vonflare »

My names r better.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:10 am

Post by vonflare »

why the heck did you take hider off the whitelist I mean come on

Seriously, what was the reason?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #97 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:17 am

Post by vonflare »

Need more desperado.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #177 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 176, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 175, N wrote:Neapolitan is considered a Normal role

omg

But hider isn't.

I've never even
heard
of that role. :shifty:
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #186 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:32 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 181, mastin2 wrote:
In post 178, Ether wrote:Yeah, we should really bring hiders back. They were pretty unambiguous when I was around? A bit complicated, but the exact same mechanics every time. The weird "every role that targets the person you're hiding with also targets you" thing came later.
Yeah, the problem with hiders became that no matter what standard used to exist, it had long-since been lost. It wasn't one or two common iterations; basically every hider was different from the last since there are like (I think) at least four if not five or six common ways for the role to be interpreted by current site usage and none of them were agreed on as being "right". That, plus the "weird" interactions = why they were removed, but I'm in favor of bringing back a standardized version.

My/mykonian's proposal was as such:
If they hide behind someone, it counts as a commute, unless the person they're hiding behind is nightkilled, in which case, they die.

This loses the most interesting part of the role, the weak modifier, but the weak modifier is currently considered Normal (at least I'm pretty sure we voted it Normal), so if someone wants
that
version of the Hider (AKA, the actually cool version that most people generally think of), inside a Normal, all they have to do is tack on the 'Weak' modifier, and bam, you've got it.

I'm behind this suggestion 100%
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #199 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 198, mastin2 wrote:
In post 196, pisskop wrote:Is it standard to not inform BPs of the use of their vest/kill attempt upon them?
Unlimited-BP, definitely.

X-shot, there's some debate there.

I'm not sure if there's an official Normal standard recognized, but personally in my games I will always, always, ALWAYS, 100% of the time, inform an X-shot BP how many vests they have left. (Which by proxy lets them know if they've been attacked.)

but if those two interpretations were normalized, the mod could get around the rule by giving an unlimited-shot BP a rediculous number of x-shot vests (e.g. You are a 999999-shot bulletproof townie)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #202 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 201, Cheery Dog wrote:I personally wouldn't even tell an unlimited-shot.

You aren't supposed to.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #308 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:27 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 305, BNL wrote:Millers don't have the problem that Godfathers have. In the worst case scenario, a Cop investigating a Miller will result in a mislynch on the miller and the Cop getting NKed. This is nothing compared to a Cop investigating a Godfather, which is almost autoloss for town, especially if the Cop claims his results.

I didn't like the decision to remove GF but put this way it makes sense
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #309 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:31 am

Post by vonflare »

Maybe if any cop-messing roles are included the cop (and only the cop) is aware that they exist?

For example,

You are a COP.
you know that there is a lawyer in this setup.

or something like that

URGENT EDIT: APPARENTLY RADIANTCOWBELLS HAD THIS IDEA TOO! I WOULD NOT WANT TO TAKE CREDIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEA SO I JUST HAD TO LET YOU KNOW!
Last edited by vonflare on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”