Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Ranger is still alive because I told RC no.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Ranger »

No, he wanted to lynch BROseidon. Whose slot I happen to have inherited.

But when he was talking about me before I was in the game, that was his description of me.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Nahdia »

since the claim got outed anyway; that's what i was referring to when i said ranger will "have to realize im town"
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 691, hiplop wrote:EP don't sip the juice that ranger is conftown

I had BRO as pretty much hard town from lover chat.

i think hiplop is town. ranger and I are of the notion that duppin's hood is potentially all town.
I think that narrows down the lynchpool for me to Aristo, Spiffeh, and Kuroi.

duppin, can you talk about some other people other than Gamma and Ranger
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

EP why haven't you engaged me like

All game?

Especially if I'm one of your PoE lynch options
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Ranger »

Errantparabola wrote:I think that narrows down the lynchpool for me to Aristo, Spiffeh, and Kuroi.
Switch Gamma in and take Spiffeh out, and you've got mine.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

I don't think we should remove people out of the lynchpool by being inactive. If someone's non-active enough, they'll be replaced.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 691, hiplop wrote:EP don't sip the juice that ranger is conftown

In post 705, Spiffeh wrote:EP why haven't you engaged me like

All game?

Especially if I'm one of your PoE lynch options

nothing you've said has stood out to me as particularly noteworthy
and i believe that should answer both parts of your question.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Marquis »

VOTECOUNT 1.18
(0)
Aristophanes

(+1)
Ranger
Aristophanes
(0)
Clumsy

(0)
Errantparabola

(+2)
Gammagooey
Ranger, hiplop
(0)
hiplop

(+2)
KuroiXHF
Spiffeh, Clumsy
(0)
Maestro

(0)
Nahdia

(0)
Spiffeh

(0)
duppin

(+1)
TheTrollie
Gammagooey

(+6)
NOT VOTING
TheTrollie, duppin+Nahdia+Maestro+Errantparabola, KuroiXHF

With
alive
, it takes
to lynch

Deadline is in
(expired on 2016-04-18 01:00:00)
(Mon Apr 18 @ 1:00:00 AM EST)

NOTES
Clumsy
is V/LA from Fri Apr 15 to Sun Apr 17.
link in bio
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by hiplop »

VOTE: ranger

plz dont call yourself a very very very competent scumhunter

I dont like clickbait
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by hiplop »

aristophanes lurking is seriously making me wonder

hes active elsewhere
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Tbh I'm at the point where I'm pretty ok with a Ranger or Gamma lynch

What are the specifics of this Ranger/EP connection

They are lovers right?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Marquis »

NOTE
Aristophanes
has been prodded.
link in bio
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I don't get why Ranger catapults EP to the top of her town reads JUST because they're lovers

Especially since it looks like their alignments are confirmed to each other?
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Ranger »

hiplop wrote:plz dont call yourself a very very very competent scumhunter
I don't.

RC does. :P

Spiffeh wrote:I don't get why Ranger catapults EP to the top of her town reads JUST because they're lovers
If you had my role PM.
And my experience with lovers.

You'd do the same.

I'm not posting in public all the details behind our role.
But in my experience: lovers that the mod have decided pregame are lovers always share a town alignment. (Or, the few times I've seen them not be town...mutually-survivors, where their wincon was to live to the end of the game. Not as terrible as it sounds, since both had a 50% BP. My site has...very, very different mechanics in play compared to mafiascum.) I've never seen a mafia lover, except if a mafiate was chosen by a loverizer. With good reason. It's just not something you
do
to a player. Being lovers is bad enough. Having one not be the same alignment as the other? Not happening if the moderator is anywhere close to sane.

I know the details of Errant's role. I know Errant knows the details of my role. I share a topic with Errant, where we can talk. We both die if one of us dies. And given what role(s) we have, it makes perfect sense for us to both be town. I'll explain in our chat to Errant, who can relay it to the neighborhood.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by hiplop »

scumtell = the person strongly pushing that all of x is town is scum
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by hiplop »

what about lovers indicates townness
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

okay so

this is probably going to be a bit jumpy but deal with it.

FIRST
Ranger wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:I kept hearing before you replaced in about how intelligent you were, I'm pretty sure you can do better than that.
Can, yes. Prefer to, no. I'm a minimalist. I put in as little effort as I see required. I think I can get you lynched, even while I continue being lazy. So I have no incentive to waste extra time. I think you are scum. There is interest in lynching you. So I don't need to do anything extra.

Kuroi wrote:THANK YOU. It's fucking annoying how emotional he gets about being replaced, then he dries the tears well enough to want to play. Then as soon as someone wets his face a little bit more, he wants to leave again.

It's like playing with my ex girlfriend, except he won't suck my-
Wait. it's exactly like my ex girlfriend.
If this isn't scum.
I'm reporting it.

Dead serious
It's borderline even if Kuroi is scum, but if Kuroi for some ungodly reason flips town (I REALLY don't think he will,
especially
not after
this
post), I'm reporting this post.

is classic scum posting as well.

I fucking despise this post. And it's not even for the reason you're probably expecting, because in regards to actually reading her alignment, it doesn't matter. The stupid pushy arrogance of calling yourself a 'really, really competent scumhunter' while pushing for my lynch and saying that you're not going to bother going into detail on why you think I'm actually scum, ignoring any possibility that you could be wrong and ignoring that given that in addition to a few people that think I'm scum, there's also been a few that have said they think I'm town and there's only 3 days left in the game, and that I'm basically not going to get lynched unless either you put the damn effort in or RC/duppin votes me.

And if you go back and look at my posts past super early game, I think you'll at least see why people are town reading me even if you don't agree with it. I don't and won't have the most posts or the most solid reads, but I do put the most effort into explaining the things I think here and why I think them out of anyone in this game. So if you really think I'm scum and want me lynched today instead of probably some sort of lurker, then put the effort in to fucking do it.

While I'm ranting a bit, if it's worth reporting (and I'd say that it's not, because oh no it's some slight stereotyping and sexual crudeness who gives a shit), report it instead of holding onto some stupid belief that being scum makes it more okay to say repellent shit because they're the 'bad guys' of the game. Yeah it's a social game and scum can try to provoke people by being irritating shits, but if someone's is being a shitbag about non-game related stuff it doesn't matter if they're town or scum.

------------------------------------------------------oh hey look i can be done ranting at ranger now--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My vote on Trollie is for two reasons.
The first is that out of everyone in the game, he looks the most like someone intentionally trying to coast through the game. I don't hold his posts before getting home from his flight against him on that, but this isn't a long game, and popping in with only town reads feels like he's trying to look active and kind-of-sort-of appeal to the people he's townreading and the people that have similar town reads on them, but doesn't show any effort into actually scumhunting in the game and doesn't form an arguable opinion for anyone to challenge him on.

The second is that Clumsy's recent posts are a lottt better than his early game ones? I was initially a general dickhead to him in my post calling out his missing the answer to the question he asked in the post he quoted himself, because I thought if he was scum who made a dumb mistake in attacking me as soon as he saw the opportunity instead of really reading the post, he'd be more likely to react weirdly knowing that he messed up but interacting with someone that was being an ass in regards to his mistake. Starting from his #624, it starts to feel like he's actually scumhunting and trying to argue for what he believes and ultimately get scum lynched when it didn't feel that way to me before.

----------------------------probably the last thing, though it's theoretically possible that i have a couple more read elaborations tomorrow----------------------
i will give ranger a concession that kurio's one of the people I'd be least surprised to flip scum at this point. Him and trollie are pretty much the only people left that I don't think have really done anything slightly town yet, as I think Maestro has a kind of confidence in his posting that's more likely to be coming from town than scum, errant's got his claim with ranger and his QT joining, and everyone else has at least a post or two that looks like they're legitimately hunting for scum. This does assume that both lovers are town, but if I had to try to call the scumteam now I'd probably go with trollie, kurio, and duppin (as dumb as it may be to say this given how many votes duppin has, RC projected a lot of indications he was doing shit but not really any desire to hunt through other people's opinions or challenge his own to find scum that he's not sure about himself) in that order.

If you're wondering why trollie over kurio, I just feel like I can see kurio flipping town and everyone being super shocked because he never really gave a shit when 2/3rds of the game has been borderline impossible to read garbage and of course he didn't bother because he just didn't really have any solid reads and didn't feel a need to fake any. And yeah that's become less and less likely as the game's actually finally gotten some real content and he continues to have little flippant votes based on nothing and isn't even bothering enough to find scum to have a vote down on anyone atm.

WORDS DONE
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by hiplop »

w/ gamma on first

idk if im gonna make it through the second
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by Ranger »

hiplop wrote:what about lovers indicates townness
Because even off-site I've never seen lovers be scum.
Third party, sure, scum, no.
Yet alone, on-site.

Lovers are an inherently town role. Just as a tree stump is a weakened version of an innocent child (or strengthened, depending on who you ask), lovers who know each other's roles and have a chat are a weakened version of a mason. I've seen lovers have a chat dozens of times, never seen one be scum. I've seen lovers know the roles of each other (heck, I recently finished a game on my home site where I WAS said lover, or in that case, "twin" by the flavor, but it was still the lover role). I've not seen scum lovers because scum being a lover is a ridiculously stupid idea.

Gammagooey wrote:The stupid pushy arrogance of calling yourself a 'really, really competent scumhunter' while pushing for my lynch and saying that you're not going to bother going into detail on why you think I'm actually scum, ignoring any possibility that you could be wrong and ignoring that given that in addition to a few people that think I'm scum, there's also been a few that have said they think I'm town and there's only 3 days left in the game, and that I'm basically not going to get lynched unless either you put the damn effort in or RC/duppin votes me.
Well I always expect to be wrong. That's a given. I'm a competent enough scumhunter, sure (how competent is up for debate, yet I'm right more often than I'm wrong at least), but I'm not a perfect scumhunter. However, I'd get nowhere if I
assumed
I was wrong. And I see nothing wrong with assuming duppin will vote you. You're a scumread of his. You said it yourself, deadline is near. duppin holds a lot of sway by his role. So my statement stands.

If I am wrong, I will move on. I will apologize for being wrong post-game, but I won't be sorry about being wrong. I engage in conversation with scumreads, like I am doing now, when they post content I find worth responding to. But I will still choose what content I do or do not give. And given that I'd be spending extra time showing why I think you're scum, when you're going to get lynched anyway, I choose not to waste that time on something unnecessary.

While I'm ranting a bit, if it's worth reporting (and I'd say that it's not, because oh no it's some slight stereotyping and sexual crudeness who gives a shit), report it instead of holding onto some stupid belief that being scum makes it more okay to say repellent shit because they're the 'bad guys' of the game.
The reason why it would
potentially
be considered tolerable is that RC was attacking Kuroi, and Kuroi as scum would be happy to see RC go, and by posting that, be firm about it, discrediting RC after he can no longer defend himself, degrading him as both a person and a player, and then rub it in his face by backing the mod up.

Even then, as you can tell by my word choice, it would be bad. But at least it would be done with a wincon loosely in mind.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Sorry, I'm here!
It's been a busy week!

Not looking forward to reading whatever happened with RC
I'll have a full post asap. Timing depends on if I get called into work tomorrow or not (it's likely)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 711, hiplop wrote:aristophanes lurking is seriously making me wonder

hes active elsewhere
Because I was catching up elsewhere too.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by hiplop »

that ok then
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I just realized that deadline is very close to when I'll be back in town. I'll try my best to make it back before deadline, but I can't promise. Situations out of my control and all.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”