Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3575 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 3572, Sudo_Nym wrote:I'm pretty happy to see Knife Juggler and Leper Gnome get nerfed, since aggro has been too strong for a bit now; control has basically managed to survive by taking advantage of tools like Sludge Belcher that are rotating out, and this should help keep the playing field level.

lol

Aggro has not been too strong.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 3574, Sudo_Nym wrote:Azure Drake isn't getting changed. It's just the comparison card for the effect. Azure Drake is a 4/4 draw 1 spellpower 1 for 5, while Ancient is a 5/5 draw 1 for 7. You're basically paying 2 mana for +1/+1 stats and the option to trade draw 1 for heal 5 and losing spellpower. Not a great tradeoff, especially since Drake is a neutral and Ancient's a class card.

Yeah, ancient should go down to 5. That way it also fights with DotC instead of... the nothing that exists on 7.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Also, the Leper Gnome nerf should have been to its death rattle instead of its attack :/
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 3575, BROseidon wrote:
In post 3572, Sudo_Nym wrote:I'm pretty happy to see Knife Juggler and Leper Gnome get nerfed, since aggro has been too strong for a bit now; control has basically managed to survive by taking advantage of tools like Sludge Belcher that are rotating out, and this should help keep the playing field level.

lol

Aggro has not been too strong.

Yeah, alright. Best meta decks are control and midrange. But still, fuck face decks yo.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I hate how much Hearthstone players hate aggro. Aggro is the only playstyle that I actually like.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I actually don't really mind aggro that much. I hate playing as aggro, but "fair" aggro decks like face hunter I don't mind, and it's probably good for the meta game that decks like that exist. It's the ridiculous fart-out-a-win decks like Secret Paladin or Face Shammy that I really hate and want to see gone.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by PJ. »

with reno being so pervasive, I think aggro is fine? Idk I'm not great but It just feels the aggro nerfs are not great. And I think Face is good to have in the meta because they are mega cheap for new players. Midrange and control cost 7k+ dust, but those face decks cost less than 3k. Face cost 1k or less. Idk i just feel they are pricing out new players by nerfing good fast cards like juggler and leper gnome

I've never seen master of disguise in anything so idk why they touched it.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 3580, Sudo_Nym wrote:I actually don't really mind aggro that much. I hate playing as aggro, but "fair" aggro decks like face hunter I don't mind, and it's probably good for the meta game that decks like that exist. It's the ridiculous fart-out-a-win decks like Secret Paladin or Face Shammy that I really hate and want to see gone.

Face Shammy actually requires a decent amount of skill to manage overload and when to contest board vs. GO FACE.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 3581, PJ. wrote:with reno being so pervasive, I think aggro is fine? Idk I'm not great but It just feels the aggro nerfs are not great. And I think Face is good to have in the meta because they are mega cheap for new players. Midrange and control cost 7k+ dust, but those face decks cost less than 3k. Face cost 1k or less. Idk i just feel they are pricing out new players by nerfing good fast cards like juggler and leper gnome

I've never seen master of disguise in anything so idk why they touched it.

Also a lack of Aggro means that control decks can get super, super fucking greedy.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Venmar »

I'm not a fan of the nerfs they're rolling out. They might as well call them "making these cards garbage" rather than "nerfs".

Like, why call it a nerf when you completely change how the card works or make it completely not worth putting in ANY deck? FFs
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:26 am

Post by BROseidon »

Leper gnome is still playable.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:26 am

Post by BROseidon »

As is force tbh
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:26 am

Post by BROseidon »

And Bgh is still really good.

Remove a 5+ mana minion for 5 that gives you a 4/2 body is still really good
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:27 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

I didn't think leper gnome was ever overpowered, no clue why it got nerfed.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:22 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 3588, 3dicerolling wrote:I didn't think leper gnome was ever overpowered, no clue why it got nerfed.

I assume because it was an auto-include in every single aggro deck and they want to see whether they can get some cards that are less automatic in every deck. At least, that's my thinking.

I'm mostly upset about Blade Flurry. I like playing Rogue and now the card feels way too clunky.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I think they either should change blade flurry to not hit face, or cost more, but not both.

I don't think leper gnome or knife juggler were overpowered, but they were basically top end. They were as strong as neutrals could be for the price, so there was no reason to run anything else in those slots. And since they're classic cards which will never rotate out, they had to be toned down for anything else to see play. Though I'm not sure if leper gnome or abusive sergeant was more problematic at 1.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:13 am

Post by PJ. »

Rogue already kinda sucked. Hitting the best card so hard is really a kick in the dick.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yeah, I do wish that one of the cards yet to be revealed for rogue will be a board wipe to make up for nerfing Blade Flurry. They seem to be trying to push Control Rogue as a thing, so it makes sense that they should; I just wonder if they actually will.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Bins »

I'm like Reynad levels of salty about Knife Juggler nerf. How is that even close to good enough? Nerfing the attack doesn't do anything.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It means that 2/3s become more valuable, since they can trade into it efficiently.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 3588, 3dicerolling wrote:I didn't think leper gnome was ever overpowered, no clue why it got nerfed.

The problem isn't that Leper Gnome was OP, it was that, for aggro decks, it made no sense to ever not run it. Now there's actual tradeoff (do you go for the 1/1 with a guaranteed 2 damage to face attached for it, or do you go for a slightly larger minion that may get removed, traded, etc)
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Also Kibler's point on Blade Flury makes a lot of sense.

It's not that Blade Flurry is OP. It's that it prevents Blizzard from doing a ton of shit with the Rogue class because of the potential for it to be OP.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Basically it's not a balance issue - it's a design space issue.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Also Kibler predicts that Abusive Sergeant will also get changed a la Leper Gnome eventually.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:42 am

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 3596, BROseidon wrote:
It's not that Blade Flurry is OP. It's that it prevents Blizzard from doing a ton of shit with the Rogue class because of the potential for it to be OP.

I'd believe that if Rogues got a good weapon in Old Gods... or any weapon...
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius

Return to “The Arcade”