OLD Micro Queue (Players and Moderators)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

OLD Micro Queue (Players and Moderators)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Radja »

Welcome to the Micro Queue.

INTRODUCTION
Micros
are mafia games containing 4 to 9 players (with limited exceptions for 3 player games) and are played in our Mayfair Club forum. This thread is for players to join games or ask questions, and moderators to join the Queue; please do not egosearch or make off-topic posts. If you have a question about the Queue or Micros in general, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

PLAYERS
Signing Up:
To join a game, simply type "/in for [game name or moderator name]" and you'll be placed in the corresponding game. Such specific game "/in"s take precedence over general "/in" posts not specifying a game, in which case the player will be assigned at listmod discretion. (You cannot sign up for a game not yet in signups, but you may PM its Game Moderator and ask if you can "/pre-in".)

Player Restrictions:
There is no experience requirement to play in a Micro. However, Game Moderators have the right to impose any restrictions, and may deny any sign-up at their discretion, within reason. (Additionally, if you're new to mafia, playing through a Newbie Game first is recommended.)

Game Limits:
For games numbered 608 and up, players may only be alive in three Micros they've signed up for at a time (games that players replace into do not count towards this limit). If you replace out of a game you signed up for, it will count toward this limit until your slot is dead.
This rule has been temporarily waived. Enjoy!

Activity:
If you notice a player who flakes regularly or who has poor activity in multiple games (particularly if they are in more than three games), or a Game Moderator who is inactive and not performing their duties, please report them!

Order of Players:
Players will be added to a game's sign-up list in the order in which they have signed up, first come first served:
  • If a pre-/in player fails to confirm in time, their slot will be given to the next player in line.
  • Players who have Game Moderator restrictions waived for them will be treated as having signed up when confirmed by the Game Moderator.
  • Players who sign up for a game but then decide to change their status to a hydra will take the slot of the last hydra head to sign up (if a head of the hydra has not signed up, they will be placed in line after all signups existing at the time), even if doing so would bump that player from the game. This is to prevent players from being able to jump the line in a full or nearly full game.

Moderators always have control over who is allowed to play in their game. These rules are in place for situations in which moderators have no preference, so that games can be filled orderly/fairly and in the spirit of the Queue system.

MODERATORS
Requirements:
To sign up to moderate a Micro, you must have moderated at least one other game onsite. You may mod up to two Micros at once, but you may only have one game in the Queue at a time. Upon entering the queue, Game Moderators should be prepared to go into signups, so opening posts, flavor and role PMs should already be created. (UPicks are an exception to this rule.)

Signing Up:
To sign up as a Game Moderator, please fill out and post this form in the thread:

Game Name:
[the title of your game]
Game Type:
[Open/Theme (Open or Closed)/Normal]
Game Size:
[# of players]

Bastard?:
[Yes/No - some mechanics that apply to bastard games include "cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine, but telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game"]
Hydras Allowed?:
[Yes/No]
Other Restrictions?:
[restrictions on experience, WOTC, etc., or just "None"]

Description:
[link or describe any theme and mechanics pertaining to your game - flavor, deadlines, etc. this is also where you should list any reviewers or a backup/co-mod]

Spoiler: Form Code

Code: Select all

[mech] [b]Game Name:[/b] 
       [b]Game Type:[/b] 
       [b]Game Size:[/b] 

[b]Bastard?:[/b] 
       [b]Hydras Allowed?:[/b] 
       [b]Other Restrictions?:[/b] 

[b]Description:[/b]         [/mech]

Micros can be assigned one of the following three categories:

• an /Semi-Open game of their own design* or something off the wiki,
  • a game, Open or Closed,
  • or a game. Micro Normals must be reviewed by the Normal Review Group. They will be listed in a separate queue, and will be placed in signups as reviews are completed.
* Open or Semi-Open games with significant flavor or experimental elements will usually be considered Theme games.

Oversight:
You are strongly encouraged to have a backup or co-Moderator for your game. You are also encouraged to have a reviewer look at your game prior to entering the Queue. Neither are required in this Queue, but both positions help players know what to expect when signing up, and help you run your game more smoothly. If you choose not to have a backup moderator, please grant me (Radja) access to any Private Topics pertaining to your game in case of any emergencies.

Pre-in Limits:
You may have up to 66% of your slots filled via pre-/in, and it is your responsibility to inform such players when your game goes into signups. Players who pre-/in to a game have within
2 updates (usually 4 days)
3 updates (usually 1 week) to publicly confirm their pre-/in; if they have not confirmed by then, they forfeit their reserved spot. (Also, it helps a lot if you PM me your pre-/in player list prior to entering signups!)

Time Limits:
Any game that does not fill within 14 days will be removed from signups (Micro Normals are an exception and have no such time limit).
(this rule is not in effect right now) Game Moderators should begin the game within a reasonable amount of time - you have 7 days (from the time your game is announced as filled) to have the game thread posted and Role PMs sent out. This applies to games with a design phase as well, such as UPick and Greater Idea games.

Additional Details:
Game Moderators gain 1/3 of a game's worth of experience for running a Micro. If you have any questions about a moderation issue and are unsure how to proceed, please feel free to contact me or another active List Moderator.

Spoiler: Helpful Links for Players and Moderators

RESOURCES
for Players:

Quick Guide to Mafia(scum)
Two links, for players new to the game of Mafia (or the site). These are by no means comprehensive guides, but looking around the MafiaWiki or Mafia Discussion may help you familiarize yourself with the game and site.

Glossary
A category page on the MafiaWiki. If you find yourself confused by terminology used here or in a game, the pages listed here may be able to help you out.

for Game Moderators:

Backup Moderator Thread
A thread where moderators can request a backup or co-moderator to help out in case of V/LA or potential unforeseen inactivity.

Setup Review Thread
A thread where moderators can request reviewers to check their games for balance and playability.

Theme Test Market
A thread where moderators can check interest in a particular theme.

Upcoming Game Advertisements
A thread where moderators can post advertisements for their games.

Archive of Micros
This is the history of all previous Micros. Work in progress.

"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Radja »

IN SIGNUPS.

Have some proven maifa-playing competency

Moderator:
HolySpiritTurtle
Game Type:
Theme
in signups (0/9)

!
= unconfirmed pre-/in

IN QUEUE.

Open/Theme Queue:

Moderator:
Micc
Game Type:
Semi-Open Theme
in queue (0/9)

Normal Queue:
Last edited by singersigner on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 330 times in total.
Reason: Updated until post 2649
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Marquis »

Hey guys! In case you haven't seen the news, I have succeeded quadz08 as the new Micro Queue listmod.

I have made only minor changes so far to the queue, with the notable ones being:

• For games numbered 608 and up, players may only be alive in three Micros they've signed up for at a time (an exception being when you replace into a Micro). If you replace out of a game you signed up for, it will count toward this limit until your slot is dead. I will be keeping track of this.
  • For games numbered 608 and up, games will only be assigned game numbers upon successfully filling.
  • The signup time limit does not apply to Micro Normals.
  • Games (specifically, at least Pregame) must begin within 7 days of filling.
  • And the moderator signup form has changed, with an example below:

Game Name:
Space Invaders Mafia 5
Game Type:
Theme (Open)
Game Size:
9p

Bastard?:
No
Hydras Allowed?:
No
Other Restrictions?:
WOTC may be used at my discretion.

Description:
This is an open setup I've run before: [insert setup and more details here] 14-day Days, 48-hour Nights.

At the moment I plan on updating on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and
Sundays
once on Saturday or Sunday. A few more changes may come at a later date, but I felt it was time to move forward with this.

Due to delays, the games currently in signups will be granted slightly more time to fill. Update incoming~

Radja taking over
Hi everybody!

I am now officially taking over as the Micro Queue list mod! I hope to continue the great work Marquis has been doing, so you won't see many changes around here, other than it will be me doing the updates. Thanks for the support and if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a pm!
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Marquis »

UPDATE.

FILLED
Micro 607:
The Walking Dead: Episode 4
Mod:
Radja
Game Type:
Theme (Closed)
9/9
SirCakez
beeboy
BBTa
CatDog
Bellaphant
drmyshottyizsik
Jake from State Farm
N e s s
Javajoe24

IN SIGNUPS
Micro 606:
Experimental Mafia 2: Overtime
(4 days left)

Mod:
Aeronaut
Game Type:
Theme (Closed)
5/9
Lowell
heuristically_alone
Ircher
N e s s
Egg

(NEW!)

Moderator:
Not_Mafia
Game Type:
Open
0/9
link in bio
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Radja »

My game the first to fill! :D

Game will be up tomorrow most likely
Last edited by Radja on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Marquis »

Also, I'm taking somewhat of a stricter approach to spam because lately it's been bogging down the Queue and making it hard for newer players to figure out what's up.

<3
link in bio
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 0, Radja wrote:You are also encouraged to have a reviewer for your game. Neither are required in this Queue

Don't you still need one for Normals in this queue?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Come on vamanos, join my game
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:48 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Davsto wrote:Don't you still need one for Normals in this queue?
You don't need a reviewer
in advance
for Normals. If you /in with a Normal, the list mod will find reviewers for you, and they'll have to approve the game as Normal whether you got it reviewed separately or not. (Source: I'm one of the reviewers in question.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

/in 606
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 am

Post by N e s s »

/out 606 i don't think i ever signed up :|
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 10, callforjudgement wrote:
Davsto wrote:Don't you still need one for Normals in this queue?
You don't need a reviewer
in advance
for Normals. If you /in with a Normal, the list mod will find reviewers for you, and they'll have to approve the game as Normal whether you got it reviewed separately or not. (Source: I'm one of the reviewers in question.)

^This, thanks! I'll update the post to make it clearer.
link in bio
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Legends of the Micro Temple has ended in a
Scum Victory
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

/in to mod

Killer in the Penthouse

Game Type: Open Game

Flavor/Mechanics:
Based on Assassin in the Palace, Nine players: 7 Bodyguards, 1 Billionaire, 1 Killer. The Billionaire is known to all bodyguards. The Killer gets two nightkills and one free shot - this can be used anytime up until they are lynched, and cannot be blocked. If the Billionaire is killed, the Killer wins. If the Killer is killed, or misses his free shot, everyone else wins.

Restrictions:
Wisdom of the crowd (requiring 2 requests) is in effect.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 15, SnarkySnowman wrote:/in to mod

Killer in the Penthouse

Game Type: Open Game

Flavor/Mechanics:
Based on Assassin in the Palace, Nine players: 7 Bodyguards, 1 Billionaire, 1 Killer. The Billionaire is known to all bodyguards. The Killer gets two nightkills and one free shot - this can be used anytime up until they are lynched, and cannot be blocked. If the Billionaire is killed, the Killer wins. If the Killer is killed, or misses his free shot, everyone else wins.

Restrictions:
Wisdom of the crowd (requiring 2 requests) is in effect.

/pre-in
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:29 pm

Post by Jeanne11 »

/confirm 606
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:57 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Do I have to re /in to mod?
#freeShotty
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:10 am

Post by Marquis »

In post 16, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Do I have to re /in to mod?

Not necessary, but if you want to do so to highlight any restrictions you may have for your game, I'll keep you in the same Queue position.
link in bio
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:07 am

/in again to still mod
1980s UPick Horror Mafia

Game Name: 1980s UPick Horror Mafia
Game Type: Theme/UPick
Game Size: 9 Players

Ever wanted to be your favorite horror character from the 80s? Well /pre-in now for Shotty's 1980s UPick Horror Mafia! There will be death and maybe resurrection! Come claim your spot in the depths of hell today. This game will have some strange mechanics and roles that will be fairly specific to your character. You can pick a good guy or a bad guy, but depending on the choices I'm given this may be a villains(town) vs campers(mafia), or villains(mafia) vs campers(town), or villains(town) vs villains(mafia). Also I can't rule out a third party(there are a lot of serial killers in these movies), so /pre-in now for good time that will be sure to scare the scum out of you!

Spoiler: Restriction/Qualifications
  • Must have complete one non-newbie game or be dead in said game
  • Hydras are allowed, but must be known

Spoiler: List of Movies to Pick From Show
After you in please PM me your top three choices in order of preference.

Carefully look at the years in the list below to ensure your choice is eligible, as most of these movies had many sequels, or where remade.
You can pick any major character from the following movies:
  • Evil Dead(1981)
  • Friday the 13th(1980 or any sequel in the 80s)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street(1984 or any sequel in the 80s)
  • Re-Animator(1985)
  • The Shinning(1980)
  • The Thing(1982)
  • The Fly(1986)
  • The Howling(1981)
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1986)
  • Halloween 3:Season of the Witch(1982)
  • Maniac(1980)
  • Creepshow(1982)
  • Child's play(1988)
  • American Werewolf in London(1981)
  • Evil Dead 2(1987)
  • Hellraiser(1987)
  • Halloween 2(1981)
  • My Bloody Valentine(1981)
  • Sleepaway Camp(1983)
  • New Years Evil(1980)
  • Pet Sematary(1989)
  • Silent Night Deadly Night(1984)
  • Day of the Dead(1985)
  • Prom Night(1980)

If there is a character from a movie you would like to play as but isn't on the list you may still submit it, but I can't guarantee I will pick it.
#freeShotty
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Marquis »

UPDATE.

IN SIGNUPS
Micro 606:
Experimental Mafia 2: Overtime
(3 days left)

Mod:
Aeronaut
Game Type:
Theme (Closed)
6/9
Lowell
heuristically_alone
Ircher
N e s s
Egg
Jeanne11

(7 days left)

Moderator:
Not_Mafia
Game Type:
Open
0/9
link in bio
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:02 am

/in micro 606
#freeShotty
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Marquis »

Also, the mod signup form has changed again to make things more streamlined and adopt practices we're testing out; sample given in the third post as well. Check it out. (Snarky and shotty's /ins to mod from earlier have been counted.)
link in bio
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Ranger »