New Normal Guidelines - April 2017 update!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 27, Psyche wrote:add a rule where passive aggression is punishable by the ms contributor username color

He advocated murdering someone in broad daylight. That's not passive aggressive. Just aggressive.

And I approve of dayvigging for no reason.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #130 (isolation #1) » Thu May 21, 2015 2:43 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 120, BROseidon wrote:Also we should really denormalize godfather and ninja because those should eventually be classified as bastard.

I've never understood this argument and always felt that calling godfathers and ninjas "bastard" is to extend the bastard description so far as to render it completely meaningless.

Same with cop sanities.

Without these counters, cops are so powerful that no half-decent mod would ever include a cop of any manner. It's basically an "I Win" button for town.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #135 (isolation #2) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 132, StrangerCoug wrote:I agree with the argument that calling godfathers and ninjas bastard waters down the term "bastard," but to the point that it's meaningless, I'm not 100% sure I agree. I do think it's an attempt to shift the meaning to "roles that screw up other roles", in which case you can probably argue that EVERY power role would be bastard in some way.

When I think "bastard," I don't think of things that can be foreseen such as "oh, I may have an innocent on a Godfather," or "Oh, I may not be a Sane Cop."

I think of Space Monkey Mafia when I think of "bastard." To me, that was the quintessential example of a bastard game.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #136 (isolation #3) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by kuribo »

*awaits the inevitable veteran that will come in and comment on the PTSD that Space Monkey Mafia caused them*

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #328 (isolation #4) » Sat May 07, 2016 9:26 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 327, Davsto wrote:Really? I can't talk from experience because I've never been a Cop in a non-open setup, but my first thought would be to take any results with a pinch of salt because godfathers/millers exist and many Normal mods would put one in when there is a Cop.

People on this site have stretched the word "bastard" to such a ridiculous length that they complain about millers, godfathers, and cop sanities. Unless you're explicitly told that your results are 100% certain, you should assume there's a possibility you're not sane / Miller / godfather.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”