Android: Netrunner: The Living Card Game

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #193 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by Oman »

I've just started playing. It's awesome. Going to play my second night of real games tonight!

Playing a standard kind of Gabe deck heavy on run events, focused on economy because as a newbie I often make bad run choices and burn cash needlessly.

Also running a HB glacier deck because I don't have the cards to make NBN fast advance work and I'm terrified of runners.

I'm at the point in the game where I feel like when I'm a runner I CANNOT figure out how to break ice, and when I'm the Corp runners just have all their tricks in hand. I'm definitely learning.

My first games were with a core Noise deck and a core NBN deck and that is fucking hard and I do not recommend it.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #195 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:41 am

Post by Oman »

I think I was definitely in that camp. Breaking ICE requires resources, always requires credits. So I started playing criminal and I love controlling the flow of the game with my large income and my ability to get to HQ through archives and the rest. It's a fun game.

Played a HB deck vs Nazir it didn't end well.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #197 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Oman »

Yeah pretty much. I was playing a game where we were both on six points, I was RnD locked with 3 interfaces and needed to score out the PSF in my hand. PSF is a 4/2. Which (when not NAPD) is the worst. Still happy that I got to where I was though.

EDIT: The problem with core set fast advance is that yes I have two astro and a san san, and two biotics I think, but with only one San San there's no consistency to the deck. Consistency is the problem with core set. They need to release a core set booster with the other two copies of all those cards :P
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #201 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:41 am

Post by Oman »

C&C is a "deluxe expansion" and has some amazing cards.

It enables a lot of decks. More expensive than Data Packs though.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #208 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:56 pm

Post by Oman »

I thought accessing cards was a "may" condition.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #210 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:18 am

Post by Oman »

Right thanks for the clarity.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #211 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 pm

Post by Oman »

Missed two games nights in a row thanks to work. Have only been on OCTGN twice. There is a tournament coming up in about ten days that I'd like to play at. If I post my deck lists do you guys mind helping me out? I haven't quite figured them out yet but I think I want to take a Kate and a Jinteki White Tree or Weyland Supermodernism deck.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #215 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by Oman »

:D I'll get this all up including what packs I have in a day or two, couldn't export it from work.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #216 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Post by Oman »

Okay, first, my runner decks. I love value. Value is a thing that I understand. So I'm playing Kate and I'm going to make her work damn it :P

Spoiler: Prepaid Recursion 1

I'm thinking I'll need more burst econ if I want to run toolbox, but I'm hoping the ability to recur my event economies are enough to keep me going.

I don't like Femme. I find her really bulky and expensive and I'd love to run a different killer, but can't think of a good one. I want to run cloak and dagger (and silencer), which has the advantage of much better econ than femme, and allows me to afford multiple runs (indexing into makers, etc), and on a single run puts ever sentry inside breaking range. However, because it's a few cards to get it out, I'll take a sharpshooter just to keep me safe.

Also will prob add Net Celebrity 1- or 2-of if I get that set as a current counter. I do not have plascrete, but am intending to float tags. Scortched Earth will be my bane, nothing really I can do. If I can get plascrete I'll add it. But otherwise I think I just need to keep four cards in my hand and try to keep corps poor. The link should help, but I'm not focused on removing tags. I guess if it's Weyland I'll try to strip them, if it's NBN I'll just wear them.

The idea behind this deck is value and recurring credits. Basically it's about making runs that count (through events) and always having options. I have never played this deck so it's off to OCTGN.

Spoiler: The House
(49 cards)

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World

Agenda (12)
2 False Lead
3 Geothermal Fracking
1 Government Contracts
3 Hostile Takeover
3 Project Atlas

Asset (3)
3 Snare!
••••• •

Operation (18)
3 Anonymous Tip
•••

3 Beanstalk Royalties
2 Closed Accounts
••

3 Hedge Fund
2 Power Shutdown
3 Scorched Earth
2 SEA Source
••••

Barrier (6)
3 Ice Wall
3 Wall of Static

Code Gate (3)
3 Enigma

Sentry (7)
3 Archer
2 Grim
2 Guard

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com/

The idea behind this is Supermodernism, but it's something I want to play. This is how I feel Weyland should be played: Threatening and speedy. Setting the pace and controlling tempo. The ice is all early game. It's either win on points early, or kill the runner mid to late. I know I need to play it to get the feel, and it's designed to make me aggressive. Because I'm new to Netrunner I never feel safe, so I'm always scared to put agendas in a remote. This deck will make me do that.

Thoughts? I really like the decks, so I'm not looking for major changes, a card here or there would make me happy, but I'm more going for what interests me than the MinMax option.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #222 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Oman »

Ugh. I don't have false lead. Okay restructuring both of these with your advice.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #224 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 223, Patrick wrote:Now that you mention it, restructure isn't a bad card either :D

I was thinking about it, just not sure it was worth the space.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #226 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by Oman »

Spoiler: Another Recursion Attempt

Went for a full breaker set over Atman, leaving one for early flexibility against common early ice. Not taking desperado because I A) can get toolbox out cheap, B) Don't have the influence for it, and C) prefer two recurring icebreaker credits to the 1 desperado credits (considering the in-faction aspect).

Mimic will really only struggle with archer, personal touches and suckers exist though.

Added net celebrity as I picked up that datapack today, and I want a counter to ELP (and if not...free credits!). Note: I'm aware that ELP isn't amazing vs prepaid kate because she runs on events, but yeah worth taking. Don't have humanities shadow so I had to take out Quality time for ProCo to keep a draw engine running.

Spoiler: SuperDuperModernism

Tollboth for a little extra taxing, drops an archer to achieve that, and replaces Closed accounts with Restructure. Also Vets program for False lead. Helps to scrub the bad pub as a bonus. Also, I don't have any of the colour level clearances.
Last edited by Oman on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #227 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by Oman »

Okay I really enjoy that Weyland deck. This is how I like Netrunner to be played.

Edit: and that was off a muligan into 4 agendas in hand. No ice. He clicked for cards and creds the first turn.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #229 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:44 am

Post by Oman »

I'll look into the posted bounty thing. Might be worthwhile just to land an easy tag. I think both would work well.

So what would you take as your Killer over mimic? Turns out I'm not going to make the tournament now (work!), so I've got some time to fuck around and learn these decks.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #233 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:51 am

Post by Oman »

Oh Thaaaaat's what you meant by "don't touch mimic" I thought you meant Touch, not touch. I think we all get that. Cheers dudes.

Don't have What Lies Ahead for Zu.13. Definitely a good idea though.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #235 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:37 am

Post by Oman »

*Sigh* found another card I don't have.

Thanks myko :P haven't built these physically yet
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #237 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:11 am

Post by Oman »

Well I'm a fair way off but just bought a bunch. Waiting on postage
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #239 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Oman »

In my above Kate deck I'm thinking of trading modded out for Armitage Codebusting or Daily Casts.

Myko: I really like your deck. Not sure if Vamp is worth the splash tbh. I haven't used Vamp but account siphon will give you a bigger swing every time. I don't think the niche case in which it'd be worth tutoring up your single vamp to pay to make them lose credits would be
better
than siphon. I know they do different things (i.e. vamp can bring a corp to zero which account siphon maybe can't do) but with the tutoring and recursion, you should be letting corps get that far ahead on you. I'd drop the vamp for +1 account siphon.

I think Breach is a wasted spot considering you have Corroder in there. It's a solid card, especially for big barriers.

I think your big problem is going to be fast corps. Your economy is almost all click intensive (MO is godly amounts of good but very click heavy), and to be honest it just makes you break even with Savoir-Faire (you click for two credits, then install paying two credits instead of a click). Considering you're not running continuously through expensive ice, you might prefer some drip resources that you can let do their thing in the background of early game before you're ready to run, stuff that doesn't take clicks to activate. I think you'll be using early clicks to draw cards, and while MO is amaze-balls, I don't know if it's the only source of non-run econ you want. The problem with Criminal is that a poor criminal is useless because you often need to run to get money, which means you need money to break ice.

Let me know how you go with it though, I'm intrigued.

Next Decks:
NBN tag punishment, a Reina Roja Econ Denial deck, and an Anarch deck to prep for Order and Chaos.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #241 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:38 am

Post by Oman »

2x Femme and 3x Faerie is a LOT of killers. I don't know if you want to sink over 10% of your card slots into killers.

W/ 3 special orders I'd go down to 1 Femme.

With the extra card, I'd look into more economy. Especially after losing Account Siphon you have very little economy. I'm a huge fan on Dirty Laundry (because if you want to run anyway, it's a free 3 credits), but you might want something else. Of course, if your plan is just to click for creds until you're rigged up, you'll want something else.

You also have no recursion, which means anything that hits the trash stays in the trash. You might prefer diesel over QT in those cases because you're less likely to overdraw and be forced to dump. Super easy to play around though, it's all your call.

I'm loathe to ever hold breakers in hand vs Jinteki because it's infinitely more likely they'll get sniped from there than while installed.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #242 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:21 am

Post by Oman »

I GET TO PLAY REAL NETRUNNER AGAIN TOMORROW!

It's been 3 weeks. Fuck. Missed the tournament too.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #243 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:25 am

Post by Oman »

So both decks have been going well. New stack of cards in the mail though so I've been building more decks. Get to put things like False Lead but into Supermodernism and just have it a little cleaner.

Anyway, next deck. At a friend's advice I've tried building a Kit deck. He says it's good just to learn how to build Min Deck size.

Spoiler: Stealthkit

This deck is one that I built totally on my own :) I know it's not perfect, but I made it without a google or a look at stimhack. Idea is to use Cloak, Lockpick, and Refractor to make any runs I'm forced to do early game, while I establish my R&D interfaces and get the cards I need. Using ProCo and Diesel as the main draw engines, with Logos there to help me if I just get back draws and need to dig for something. Because of the recurring credits hardware/programs and LARLA, I'll always have a target for it.
Things I'm unsure about: ProCo AND Diesel? Do I really want Aesops? I don't think i have enough targets for it. Personal Workshop is an alternative with all the hardware I'm carrying. Thinking of replacing it with Net Celebrity as a Current Counter but considering I'm not super keen to run EVERY turn it might not be worth it.

Went Femme over Dagger or Switchblade because I don't want to REQUIRE more than 1 or 2 stealth credits per run. It means I only get one run each turn as I'm expecting to only have 3-4 stealth credits per turn (with ghost runner as a safety). Only expecting to use it rarely anyway. I always hate the 9 credit investment for femme, but I figure it's worth it.

Basically it's a glory run plan. Get R and D interfaces up. Run cheap stealth runs into remotes if I must, but basically set up the R&D interfaces then tinkering/makers eye my way into seeing 4-5 cards. The idea is that there are enough credits for several runs just in case I need to pressure HQ and or remotes every now and then. Not looking to take indexing because I want see almost 5 cards every time anyway, so there's no need to reorder them.

Also happy to take advice on the console. I kind of want the tutoring aspect because if I don't see the cards I need I'm in SO MUCH TROUBLE. Have SMC for the same reason (bonus! it can tutor for Cloaks as well!). So I'm not sure if that's too much tutoring in a 40 card deck. I'm kind of balancing out my worst case scenario, but not helping myself get ahead. Other options are Astrolabe or Dinosaurus for my Refractor(?). If i don't need the tutoring I could always run 3xDyson Mem chip instead (and have 6 free influence!). If I do that I'll do a major restructure.

Also built a tag punishment deck because I got a lot of good results out of an early scorch and some resource trashing vs noise. I like slowing down the runner to give myself windows. I kind of want to merge some of supermodernism's early speed with the destructive power of getting up in the grill.

Another totally solo deck. This deck is designed around getting in the runners face instead of just keeping them out. Primary win condition is two two-pointers and an overscored Beale for the win. Using the fact that Beale and NAPD are better for me than the runner to keep the balance in my favour. If/When I get Fear and Loathing I'll put targeted marketing into it over restructured datapool.

Tags in this are used for economy destruction. Lag time is to boost all my 4-strength ICE out of 4-atman range AND to just make every run a little bit more expensive. Boatloads of economy events and assets so I can go horizontal to draw up and more importantly just keep the econ advantage.

No Scorched, relying more on the threat of scorched than actually carrying it. Could drop some influence stuff to pick up 2x Scorched, but I'd rather not because I feel like it's a lot of eggs in an NBN deck.

But yeah, basic plan is to keep the runner too poor to build their rig, hit them with surprise traps when it works for me, and if they do get a rig up, make sure they can't afford to overwhelm me by running.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #246 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by Oman »

I disagree that I don't benefit from lag time. Most of my ice is 4 strength, so a standard atman will just ruin my day for almost nothing.

I think you're right about not having enough dealing of tags, especially because I'm looking to keep them tagged rather than just tag them once (as is a scorched plan). San San might be a good addition just to force the runner to hit my ice on my timeline, not theirs. Hopefully the 5 trash cost and my keep me poor plan work together.

Might drop two of the green levels for sweeps week and drop back to making news...hmmm.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #250 (isolation #22) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Oman »

I see how pop up window should be good (two credit swing for zero cost) but I find it hard to justify because it achieves nothing. At best it's a 1credit swing, I could only see it good with RSVP or NAPD with the idea being to make them too poor to steal anything (can red herrings be made to work?).

because I play a lot of shaper or deep dig decks I rarely worry about pop-up when I encounter it (there are few ice which are cheaper for my Kate deck to break).

Regarding blackat, most of the time it's as efficient as corroder. One of the best things about it is that it doesn't need stealth credits, but if you have them it can break huge barriers (hadrians and the like) much morer cheaply than corroder. For anything less than I think 5 strength it breaks for less or the same than corroder with normal credits. For anything greater than 7 or so it's mor expensive, unless you use stealth credits in which case it's almost HALF the cost. I really like the flexibility of blackat, and I don't understand why it wouldn't be used as the fracter of a stealth deck.

I like the flytrap deck as a helpful guide, there are a lot of great options to fit into that deck now too. I am lacking cauduses and TMI unfortunately, though should get them soon. I'll probably replace them and then slot them in when they arrive. Thanks guys I'll play with the idea later. (TGTBT seems like a really expensive way to tag a runner, and if I want to score it, it's a boatload of clicks and creds for 1 point. Considering Astro is a 3/2)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #252 (isolation #23) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 251, mykonian wrote:The 4-2 this agenda is worth one more point if the runner is tagged might work just as well,

targeted marketing. As soon as I get it!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #253 (isolation #24) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 247, mykonian wrote:3x Viper

How do you like Viper? I use enigma a lot (because of course I do). Do you find Viper a suitable replacement for it with +2 str?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #258 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by Oman »

Oh my god, Professor is fucking BUILT for the dog breakers!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #260 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by Oman »

I don't think Ice Analyzer is a really necessary econ card for you. Your call, in then end, but if you're looking to cut things that's probably a good start.

I don't think 1 parasite is amazing, but it's definitely better than leaving it out. It can help you just bring down an ice that's otherwise a nuisance.

If you're not using Levy it's probably because you're not going through your deck fast enough. Astrolabe is your big draw card and even that is only a few. Maybe a few diesels or quality times will help. I think you've got a lot of tutoring for your programs but if you can't find your economy you'll be in trouble.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #262 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Oman »

Okay I didn't know what collective consciousness did, had to give it a google. It could work as your draw engine but it's putting a lot of your deck's control in the hands of the corp, and you're not playing anything to FORCE them to rez ice (multi-access, etc).

I only said pop up window because I've been looking at nasir decks for the last week and got the ID abilities confused. Ignore me.

I feel like diesel is just a great card. It never gives you more cards than you can handle, never gives you 3 cards you can't do anything with. Amazing card. I think if it's not in a shaper deck (especially with levy where you don't mind going through 2/3rds of your deck and having your big programs in the heaps cause clone chip) you need to have a really good reason.

ESPECIALLY when you can sell something to aesop, then levy it, then reinstall it later. OMG.

Scavenging ANYTHING with a cost of less than 3 is suboptimal, because aesops. It's kind of another clone chip at that point which you don't need because dude you have 9 clone chips (2 LARLAs). So scavenging consciousness isn't a great idea.

I will forever rate armitage above kati until slow games become the meta. In glacier where you can afford to spend a click every turn on generating cash, it's okay, but considering the ability to burst armitage, I'm all about it.

I'm kinda sleepy, but good luck. I want to say more on this deck because I find it super interesting.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #264 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:31 am

Post by Oman »

You have like 15 breakers. Clone chips are a safety net.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #267 (isolation #29) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Oman »

Whoop whoop!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #276 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:12 am

Post by Oman »

When we broke up and she "cleaned up" my girlfriend threw out half my cards.

I no longer play. :(
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #281 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:53 am

Post by Oman »

Holy shit nbn's new agendas are BALLSACKS!

I miss netrunner.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #290 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Post by Oman »

Octgn's interface is legit not worth tackling in order to play this game. I'm hugely not a fan
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #293 (isolation #33) » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Oman »

In my experience netrunner isn't abou5 obliterating people to make them respect you. It's a dope community. They'll respect you.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #295 (isolation #34) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Oman »

So I got gifted the starter set for Christmas from a good friend. I'm super keen to start playing again.

What do you reckon is the best way to get a few (like maybe two of each) decks going without spending a ton?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #300 (isolation #35) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:36 am

Post by Oman »

I forgot how much I love this game. If anyone is around to give me a walkthrough on Jinteki.net's interface, and maybe on meta in the last six months, I'd love to spend about half an hour with ya. We'll find time :)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #302 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Oman »

I'm watching championships and it looks like Criminal Account Siphon, Anarchy Datasucker or tagme Dataleak, and Shaper Full rig are all really popular. I at least understand all those decks, even if i can't play it.

On the corp side it looks really differnet. Haven't seen a lot of Jinteki shellgame, still a lot of NBN fast advanced with some new interesting stuff (WHAT THE FUCK IS 15 MINUTES!?!?). I always liked HB Glacier/Ice focused decks. Are they a thing yet?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #304 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Oman »

I never actually played Blue Sun. I really like the consistency of core HB.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #305 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Oman »

Oh man I just remembered how much fun Deep Dig Shaper is. THat needs to exist still. That Maker's Eye shit.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #307 (isolation #39) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:02 am

Post by Oman »

In post 306, Patrick wrote:technical writers

Well fuck that looks made for toolbox-y shapers.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #310 (isolation #40) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:59 am

Post by Oman »

Andysucker still exists :P
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #315 (isolation #41) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Oman »

Myko, is the crim answer to psi games "the can't bet any credits if they don't have any credits?"
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #317 (isolation #42) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:04 pm

Post by Oman »

Just looked up political operative and councilman.

I'd happily ADD those to existing andysucker and run a slightly heavy deck. I mean, fuck, they are phenomenal cards and she's so consistent anyway. Maybe run three or four cards over the min, but holy shit they are SO FUCKING GOOD for her.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #318 (isolation #43) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Oman »

I have decks now if anyone wants to play me on Jinteki.net.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #320 (isolation #44) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by Oman »

sid_icarus
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #321 (isolation #45) » Tue May 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by Oman »

In 5 or so hours I'll be keen to play some netrunner decks. It's been forever, I've played an nbn fa and a prepaid Kate. I'm kind of keen to get my head back in to playing some weird stuff so Im spending some free time building Exile and Val and Maxx decks and stuff like that. Just want to stretch the brain on some non-op meta stuff. If anyone wants to play hit me up because I kind of don't want to take my unfamiliar janky arse into jinteki.net's tournament decks.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #322 (isolation #46) » Wed May 04, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Oman »

On now playing with dudes and girls
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #324 (isolation #47) » Thu May 05, 2016 3:00 am

Post by Oman »

I've seen so many foodcoats and NBN Fadvance :D I've been playing with a professor dogs and a stealth Jes. Of course, the one game I actually won tonight was a White Tree game and the guy just left half way through it when it was clear he was fucked.

Not even a word. Not even a "mate this isn't going well for me, bye". Just "do 1 net damage" fucking GONE.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #326 (isolation #48) » Thu May 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Oman »

Alas. Asset spam is a fucking mess on shapers. No wonder they're having such a time. Trying to get any big rig deck together is just impossible, cause by the time I've got it together there's 16 assets on the table and everything is fast advance. I honestly feel like I have to use my first SMC for clot almost every game.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #328 (isolation #49) » Thu May 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by Oman »

I had this fun game against asset spam HB. Brain taping into whatever that one is that allows chain rezing. Fuck that combo. Ended up with Janus and Heimdals across the board. Real fun though. The next HB game I played I ran aggressively to counter it and just murdered myself on sentries. I forgot how much of this game is skilled decision making.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #330 (isolation #50) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by Oman »

Faust is annoying enough without it being an ID too :(
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #332 (isolation #51) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Post by Oman »

He would be pretty great with like mimic and shit.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #334 (isolation #52) » Tue May 10, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Oman »

Whizzard is a reaction to Corp play. Just that assets are becoming such a key part of their design. Even when I'm not trying to run asset spam decks, I still end up with fifty remotes. Assets are just...where it's at in the games design right now.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #335 (isolation #53) » Thu May 19, 2016 12:52 am

Post by Oman »

I've been struggling to make a Hayley deck work, and I just couldn't. It was just too inconsistent. I'd either find everything I needed or find NOTHING.

Two big changes I made were tagging in Kati Jones for extra econ, and swapping toolbox for Logos (the Hayley deck started as "how do I make toolbox work" so that's funny).

Oh the other thing that made it more consistent: Kati replaced a cool Pawnshop and programs econ package (cache, harbringer, etc) so all of a sudden my deck was smaller. Chaos Theory has taken up the mantle and I love her so much.

I do wish there was a way to build link into this deck, but I'm happy with it so far. Logos as an emergency tutor is kind of fun, a lot more interesting than the Astrolabe, and just perfect for those games where I'm running so late because I can't find something that isn't a progam (ProCo or something).

Spoiler: ChaosBadger
ChaosBadger

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind
40 cards
Influence: 12/12 ●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​○​○​○​
Tournament legal
Event (9)
+-3 Dirty Laundry
+-2 Employee Strike ●​●​
+-1 Levy AR Lab Access
+-3 Sure Gamble
Hardware (8)
+-3 Clone Chip ○​○​○​
+-1 Logos ●​●​
+-2 Plascrete Carapace
+-2 R&D Interface
Program (10)
+-1 Atman
+-1 Clot ●​●​
+-1 Corroder ●​●​
+-1 GS Shrike M2 ●​●​
+-2 Multithreader ●​●​
+-1 Net Shield
+-2 Self-modifying Code
+-1 Study Guide
Resource (13)
+-3 Daily Casts
+-3 Kati Jones
+-3 Professional Contacts
+-2 Same Old Thing
+-2 Technical Writer
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #337 (isolation #54) » Thu May 19, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Oman »

I just love consoles so much, and I think that astrolabe is one of the most boring consoles around. I mean, if you're a runner, your console is your main tool. It's where your shit is hosted, it's how you interface. It's everything. Astrolabe is like "yep draw a card". It feels uninspired to say the least. There's something really interesting in it being nasir's console, and the allusion the name makes. But it's unrealised. The fact that it's good against asset spam is even worse because I see it in most shaper decks.

I'll look into making those changes. I can definitely see the kati/tech writer swap being good. Dropping SoT seems fine, I just worry about losing my access to my Levy in such a small deck.

Plascretes I've always run two by habit, in damn near every deck I build. Swapping it for Film Critic might well be a worthwhile trade.

Shorthand changes: Swap logos and the Employee Strike for Hacktivist Meeting. Swapped a clone chip for a multithreader. Swapped a kati for a tech writers. Swapped a Placrete and the gap left by the first swap for a film critic and artists colony.

Enough 1-ofs to worry me, but taht's what Chaos does, right? Can't wait to test it out.

Spoiler: ChaosBadger again
ChaosBadger

40 cards
Influence: 13/13 ●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​○​○​
Tournament legal
Event (9)
+-3 Dirty Laundry
+-2 Hacktivist Meeting ●​●​●​●​
+-1 Levy AR Lab Access
+-3 Sure Gamble
Hardware (5)
+-2 Clone Chip ○​○​
+-1 Plascrete Carapace
+-2 R&D Interface
Program (11)
+-1 Atman
+-1 Clot ●​●​
+-1 Corroder ●​●​
+-1 GS Shrike M2 ●​●​
+-3 Multithreader ●​●​●​
+-1 Net Shield
+-2 Self-modifying Code
+-1 Study Guide
Resource (15)
+-1 Artist Colony
+-3 Daily Casts
+-1 Film Critic
+-2 Kati Jones
+-3 Professional Contacts
+-2 Same Old Thing
+-3 Technical Writer

Keen to try out Hacktivist. Employee strike pulled a lot of weight and I want to see if this is any better. If it isn't I'll just return to it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #339 (isolation #55) » Sun May 22, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Oman »

I decided to speed my deck up a little bit. Basically realised people were either playing a FA or glacier single scoring server, or they were stalling. I've removed study guide (and the multithreaders that were there to power it) and swapped it out for CYBER CYPHER! Yes, this does mean I can only really crack a single server at a time (reference code gates) but I have 3 clone chips and that's enough to trash it and get it back when I need to swap tactics.

Also did put levy in, with one SoT, mostly for *fast economy looping* (and currents). Basically, I'm resource focused so I'm really vulnerable to tags. When my daily casts and sure gambles are played out, if I lose my momentum, it's gone. It's come from diving through a scoring server to hit a trap, or from being tagged and all-seeing I attacked. With levy, if I can get 5 credits (or more accurately 10 credits) I can get back in the game at full pace. This kind of whole-deck recursion is just phenomenal. It's also good with ProCo because sometimes I just want to dig for an SMC/Breaker, and get lots of money while doing it (if the corp is just clicking for credits, for example).

So yeah, this is a much faster deck (even had space to try modded again), focused on pressuring the scoring server with really efficient breakers, then switching to 4-card R&D digs in the lategame. Hacktavist meeting is SO GREAT! Feels really impactful. Logos has had an MVP game. Like, tutoring for ANY card! Did they just spend all their credits and are now poor as fuck, aww but so are you? Tutor for sure gamble! Can't find that 1-of, tutor it up! The game changes so much when an agenda is scored, having logos just....I love it. Not to mention a six card hand in a proco deck is dreamy. Fuck you, astrolabe.

Weak cards: Net shield, plascrete - totally binary cards. Artist Colony - Not worth the deck space. I've got logos, I don't need another tutor. Technical writer - Just so hard to see them early. Not worth mulliganing for, not worth tutoring for. They're phenomenal if I do get one early, but giving up a possible sure gamble, daily casts, SMC, or a thousand other cards to see one in my opening hand isn't worth the hit to tempo. But, if i draw one up, I'm not unhappy. Considering swapping them out for rabbit holes, as I don't really need their money in this deck, and I'm really weak to Sync decks, and it'll burn me through my deck quicker. But then I want to add underworld contacts :P

Spoiler: ChaosBadger
ChaosBadger

40 cards
Tournament legal
Event (12)
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Hacktivist Meeting ●​●​●​●​
1 Levy AR Lab Access
3 Modded
3 Sure Gamble
Hardware (8)
3 Clone Chip ○​○​○​
1 Logos ●​●​
1 Plascrete Carapace
3 R&D Interface
Program (7)
1 Clot ●​●​
1 Corroder ●​●​
1 Cyber-Cypher
1 GS Shrike M2 ●​●​
1 Net Shield
2 Self-modifying Code
Resource (13)
3 Daily Casts
1 Film Critic
2 Kati Jones
3 Professional Contacts
1 Same Old Thing
3 Technical Writer
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #340 (isolation #56) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:19 pm

Post by Oman »

OH MY FUCKING GOD

Want to know why I never got FUCKING HAYLEY TO WORK!?! I misread the card and misplayed her the whole time!

It's of the same TYPE. TYPE! THE CLICK COMPRESSION! I've been playing the same NAME. I'm so retarded. Don't get wrong, I love CT so much, but for real.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #342 (isolation #57) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:48 am

Post by Oman »

I've been playing this deck now. Heimdall and Eliza's toybox absolute MVPs. Bad pub blackmail decks and DDOS fail against it, even smashed an au reviour/snitch deck with the same card. I'm actually considering swinging some of the small Ice back to big ice. At the moment the big weaknesses are Stealth decks (cause they just break so efficently). I've been thinking of adding Jeeves in, I think that'd be a good plan. I would also really like to sneak a cerebral overwriter into there, or something like that, some sort of trap. I need to punish stealth runs is what I'm saying.

Spoiler: I'm Rezzing this Shit
Haas-Bioroid: Stronger Together
49 cards
Agenda points: 21
Tournament legal
Agenda (8)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
3 Global Food Initiative ●​●​●​
2 Project Wotan
Asset (11)
3 Adonis Campaign
2 Eliza's Toybox
3 Jackson Howard ●​●​●​
3 PAD Campaign
ICE (20)
3 Eli 1.0 ○​○​○​
3 Heimdall 2.0
2 Ichi 1.0
2 Janus 1.0
2 Ravana 1.0
3 Turing
2 Vanilla
3 Viktor 1.0
Operation (5)
2 Enhanced Login Protocol
3 Hedge Fund
Upgrade (5)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY
3 Surat City Grid ●​●​●​●​●​●​
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #343 (isolation #58) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Oman »

My toolbox/jeeves deck just induced its first ragequit. I'm pretty stoked about that.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #348 (isolation #59) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Oman »

I am having SO MUCH FUN with this noise deck. I have been running a gabe deck to learn how to run aggressively, so now I'm running a dumb noise deck that runs like once or twice at perfect times.

Spoiler: FLAMING TIGER TIGHTROPE!
NOISE

Event (12)
+-2 Day Job
+-2 Demolition Run
+-2 Déjà Vu
+-3 I've Had Worse
+-3 Sure Gamble
Hardware (4)
+-2 Grimoire
+-2 Muresh Bodysuit ●​●​
Program (19)
+-3 Cache ●​●​●​
+-3 Chakana ●​●​●​●​●​●​
+-1 Darwin
+-3 Djinn
+-1 Gorman Drip v1 ●​
+-1 Hivemind
+-1 Imp
+-2 Incubator
+-1 Medium
+-1 Nerve Agent
+-2 Progenitor
Resource (10)
+-1 Aesop's Pawnshop ●​●​
+-3 Daily Casts
+-3 Earthrise Hotel
+-1 Hades Shard ●​
+-2 Virus Breeding Ground
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #354 (isolation #60) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:47 pm

Post by Oman »

RotomAppliance mentioned on Slumscast that they got into the game via Mafia forum.

Was this someone here? If so, WELL DONE on your exceptional victory.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #356 (isolation #61) » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:18 am

Post by Oman »

Omg it's Patrick Goddamn Gower.

Rantbuddy himself.
Goddamn. Good on him.