BTRAF - Team Tekken Wins!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:05 pm

Post by Andycyca »

PokerFace wrote:One of your rules says discussion is prohibited outside the thread, in the future will this always be in effect or can the players have a vote on that or something in the next game? I am not sure if it is a good idea or a bad one.

(Side question: In the regular 'Non-Blind' RAF is discussion ever done outside the thread, cause I don't think its done?)
Excellent question!
I figured out this version of RAF for one reason.

"Regular" RAF is little more than luck. Maybe discussion outside the thread isn't done, maybe it is, but any discussion is like "I'm gonna shoot myself" or something like that. Result? WIFOM and luck.

Here I thought of getting a little mafia into this. I imagined someone would claim:
"Hey ASDF, I'm your buddy; please don't shoot me and I won't shoot you"
while quoting my PM. Someone could blame him of falseclaiming because he's trying to convince ASDF to kill someone else. This could end in mass/chain claiming, more discussion or something like that.

That's why, if you notice, I have no rule for quoting my PMs. You may quote me, or fake my PM. Doesn't make difference at all, does it?

Also the team thing was made for encouraging people to cooperate with each other in a common goal instead of a "last man standing" game. It gives you some probability (WIFOM) by saying "Hey, there are only 3 people left in my team, maybe it's a better strategy to shoot myself."

The result?
WIFOM
is a valid strategy here, also you could have
discussion
based on previous days (as you know who shooted who)... and a little bit of
luck.
A funnier version of RAF!

About the discussion... Well, I can see either way with some pros:

1. Discussion outside allowed. I think this gets a little bit more paranoid (YEAH! :twisted: ) but it sacrifices some strategy, as not all the info is available to all the players.

2. Discussion outside forbidden: This gives the people some more strategy, as you might say something like
"Look! QWERT said he was a teammate with ASDF and it turned out right! Maybe the other things that he said were also true..."
It gives you a little bit more strategy, sacrificing some crazyness and paranoia.

Both can be possible, so maybe for the next one you will vote whether you prefer to discuss inside and outside or only inside. But if I see little people /in (10-) discussion will most surely be inside-only.
--------------------------------
And yes, I've seen "normal" RAF games with discussion outside the thread in another forum that I prefer to not mention. But it's highly unusual.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by Andycyca »

good news: I have all your actions
Bad news, I'm in a bit of hurry now, so results will be published tomorrow.

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:36 pm

Post by Andycyca »

After yesterday's
slaughter
accident. Everyone in Kranksville were pretty angry. Oh yeah, blood would run in the streets.

Firs one to fall was
Aegor
who decided to stare into the bright sky. But he missed
Kinetic
coming from behind. One word and all the were-gophers started eating Aegor's testes. That was a painful evening in the hospital.

Later,
PokerFace
finished developing his new FlameSphere. Incidentally, he spilled some gasoline on his whole body. BUM! PokerFace was on Fire! He ran in front of the Water-Elemental Café, where
Roach
and
TrouserDemon
were cleaning their weapons. when they saw PF running, they made up a stupid contest about counting how many Desert Eagle or Baller bullets would be enough for finishing him off. They both shot and that's where PokerFace's brain saved him. The FlameSphere rejected both bullets. TrouserDemon got a clean shot through the nose, Roach had one through his lung.

Roach looked for help while dying. first thing he found was
edion0
's Flying Pumpkin (FPTSLOOIA) but it was scared of roaches and simply stomped on Roach's head. Almost dead, Roach looks for more help, only to find
the silent speaker
training the whole MLB. TSS hated anyone who interrupted those training sessions, so he simply ordered <insert your favorite HomeRunner> to HR Roach's head. And he did.

Roach's head fell in front of
JordanA24
. He hated that stench, so he simply wrote in his
DeathNote
ModNote one name: The silent speaker. He simply mod-died.

CKILLOR
saw that. He wanted to modkill so bad, he sent Papa Smurf for it. He walked, he broke into Jordan's house and he left. In the morning Jordan's corpse was found with a misterious blue goo blocking his airway.

--------------------
Round 3 people.
With 4 alive it's 1 to lynch!

Deadline: Tue Oct 23th @ 11.59 GMT-0600

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:57 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Hmmmmmmm

I think I know what team I'm on... But I'm not sure...

Nor do I know what team others are on...

Is it 2v2 or 3v1 right now?

Hmmmmm
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kinetic wrote:Hmmmmmmm

I think I know what team I'm on... But I'm not sure...

Nor do I know what team others are on...

Is it 2v2 or 3v1 right now?

Hmmmmm
QFT

My guess was off since roach was tekken and aegor was katamari so i can't honestly say I know what side or howmany buddies I currently have.

Anybody that got pms of two buddies that are currently alive over all rounds has a huge advantage and is lucky out the wazoo. Anyone with friends still alive might want to come forward to prevent team killing (its not like the 1 can teamkill). I don't know whether its 2v2 or 3v1 for certain, but I'm willing to surmise it's 3v1 for if things were even Andy 'may' have said something about evens like when the last round ended.

(I shot myself last time cause i had enough reason to believe I am tekken and I still do. And showing that reason gave the katamari reason enough to shoot me. I acted pretty arrogant with my guesses in order to encourage more to shoot me. Roach deserved that for attempting to Team Kill, even if he did not know he was teamkilling. I thought my actions were obvious)
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:13 am

Post by ckillor »

i know that one team has at least 2 members including my self and the team mate i got in a PM from andy not sure about the other two people though
My bandwagon can beat up your bandwagon.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:42 am

Post by Andycyca »

Yay for discussion! I just wanted to say 2 things:

1. There will be no more PMs this round, seeing how little players we have left.
2. I have some network problems, so I won't be able to log in here til Tue. Deadline may be pushed back one or two days if you want to.

Go Team Nightmare!

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:35 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Bah! Go Team Katamari!
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:25 pm

Post by Kinetic »

PF: Are you sure you're on Tekken?

CKiller: Can you claim your teammate?
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:10 am

Post by ckillor »

i can, but im not sure if i should.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Mod Cancel that action i already sent I will resend action before the deadline. There is more to discuss. If someone wants to move the deadline feel free to bring it up for discussion

Kinetic wrote:PF: Are you sure you're on Tekken?

CKiller: Can you claim your teammate?
Aside from proof I said before, my PM I got last round said who one of my oponents 'was'. Since that guy is dead and was katamari, I am tekken. Round 1 i got no pm as i said originally.

If kinetic or edion0 knows one of their teamates perhaps that can be combined with Ckillor's info and we will know who is who. One person knowing two teamates at this moment, i find difficult to believe since they would be mad lucky, but nothing wrong with hope-ing.

Now Ckillor say's he knows only one and that person is still alive. The odds of this is 'roughly' 3/16 from ckillor's point of view. (17 players and ckillor knows he is on his side so you only consider the other 16 in the odds. Only three others besides him our alive. This is of course if you don't factor in the odds or chance each player has had to die in the previous rounds, and i am not about to factor that in because I don't want my head to ache.) I am not sure for what purpose he is withholding this info but there must be somebody you don't want to shoot you.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Kinetic »

CKiller, we're in LYLO, I think you should.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kinetic wrote:CKiller,
we're in LYLO
, I think you should.
lol but seriously I agree Ckillor should come forward otherwise he is lying about having any and thus trying to trick everyone

@ Edion0: What the heck you doing? Got anything to share?

@ Kinetic: Since you have not come forward with anything yet, am i correct in assuming you don't have any useful PM info to share?
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:41 pm

Post by edion0 »

roach was not on my team
so a robot, a cyborg, and a midget walk into a bar...
[url]http://www.geocities.com/the.commons[/url]
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by ckillor »

mkay. well i got a PM saying pokerface is on my team
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:39 pm

Post by edion0 »

>.>
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok so if edion is not on roachs team, Edion0 = katamari

As I stated earlier I am Tekken.

And Ckillor says he is with me on Tekken.

Kinetic is the oddball and should come forward with info on his stance. As long as everyone speaks the truth we should know where things are.

its either
edion0 vs Me, Ckillor, Kinetic
or
edion0 & Kinetic vs Me & Ckillor

BTW @ everyone out of curiosity which pm did you get each round? I got nothing round 1 and learned that jordan was not on my team round 2.

@ Mod please extend the deadline til wednesday or thursday. My internet has been on and off today I'm not sure what my ISP is doing but my internet was off half of saturday and half of today so please extend a little just in case my ISP keeps screwing up
ckillor
ckillor
Goon
ckillor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:00 pm

Post by ckillor »

i got my teammate round 2
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Deadline pushed back til wed

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Interesting. I'll say this much: My PM told me someone who was on my team. And what I did with that information is how I figured out what team I'm on. o.O
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

:twisted: "Time to have some fun" :twisted:
Kinetic wrote:Interesting. I'll say this much: My PM told me
someone who was on my team
. And
what I did with that information
is how I figured out what team I'm on. o.O
I see. I think I got you figured out. Obviously you did something to the information. Now what could you do? Did you team kill Aegor? Killing your teamate would suffice in telling you your team since you couldn't gaurantee what side you are on and their death tells you their alignment and yours. And even if this is not the case, why would you talk in broad terms that did not give a definate solution?

Also
edion0 wrote:roach was not on my team
Funny, I seem to remember you, edion0, voting Roach at the end of day 1. This happened before Monday. Round 2 PMs were sent monday. Andy said send 'opponents' names would not come til later so they weren't sent the first round. I smell a fake claim. I think I know exactly what you are trying to get across and how to handle it. You obviously want people to shoot you and I realize this sounds odd, but if you shoot yourself and your teamate shoots you that gaurantees someone surviving to the next round doesn't it.

I think I can handle both of you two. Ckillor shoot whichever one of the two you want. It won't make any difference....

Sending action now, btw this is the first time I have been able to get online from home today. My ISP is having trouble in my area at the moment, I am not the only one to enjoy yelling at them today.
edion0
edion0
Goon
edion0
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:06 pm

Post by edion0 »

To: edion0
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:24 pm
Subject: BTRAF

i got my message on monday, btw
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:54 am

Post by Andycyca »

All right! Processing results...

Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Andycyca »

Kranksville was at peace... almost.

Kinetic was in a lazy mood and ordered his Were-gophers to kill the sky. It was funny seeing them building a babelgopher tower.
Meanwhile, PokerFace and ckillor began a fight for the fastest suicidal ever. BANG! and they both shot themselves. Pokerface won, because he died. If edion0 hadn't shoot ckillor it would've been a draw. Poor edion0 received a pumpkin's fart in his face while ckillor tried to die for papa smurf's attack.

GAME OVER!

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:04 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Oh shoot!
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”