Dance of the Title Fairy: Pale Moonlight Edition

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 0, SleepyKrew wrote:2. In the past, titles based on real-life events, Skype groups, and other sources that aren't the mafiascum forums have not been allowed. I am willing to lift this restriction, provided that a suitable number of scummers are familiar with the source material (this is a subjective measure).

If this is going to be a thing (and it is a good thing!) it might be a good idea to re-nom good titles for people that only didn't go through because of the restrictions on real-life, skype, etc.

Of the top of my head Pie was nommed for Except When He Does (for the first Reckoning?) and singer had something for I think Scummer of Love. I'm about to go to bed so I'm not going to dig up the old discussions on those titles right now but I figured I'd bring it up and maybe someone else will (or will remember other old titles that didn't go through and should have under this rule adjustment).
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:57 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Alphabet soup
?

I don't really get how the keymashing is unique to him though. He just does it more than the average key-masher...?

like I'm kinda feeling a double standard here
Last edited by esuriospiritus on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #70 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:42 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 68, zoraster wrote:I don't mind that it's about him mashing keys or whatever. I just wish it was a little more clever than simply asdf;lkasdfj.

Titles don't need to be totally unique to a person. It's not like SK is the only snarky person on the site

yeah I think if we were gonna look for totally unique aspects of people to title, no one would have a title at all because people are just not the special and unique snowflakes we sometimes like to think we are

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #83 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:59 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 80, SleepyKrew wrote:There's voicing an opinion, and then there's a multi-paragraph post that boils down to "it's bullshit that you're not giving me my title; give me my title".

He literally said to me while he was making the post you have such an issue with "I don't even care if I get a title, I'm just mad about the hypocrisy" which is essentially is the same thing he keeps posting in thread, you're just not listening.

And I agree with him, but mostly I'm just mind-boggled about the things people get titles or don't get titles for and it's a larger issue than just his title.

Take singersigner, for an example. She's done more for the site than most of us (newbie queue? hosting meets? game nights with other scummers such as playing League of Legends online? probably other stuff I'm not thinking of right now?) and been on the site for years but still no title. I even brought up the Scummer of Love thing again along with the Pie title with the hope that I could kickstart that discussion again amongst people who were there
and then literally no one else said anything about it
. I might as well not have even mentioned her for the response it got. It can't be because she's not deserving of a title, because by any metric I can think of she is. And it can't be because she isn't an interesting and memorable individual, because she is. So as far as I can figure, the only reason she doesn't have a title and people less deserving or unique do is because there aren't enough people in her corner who give a shit about the title thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like... why do we give some people titles and not others? Why do some people get shitty username puns for their title (GreyICE) but other people get their shitty username puns shut down (N)? Why is keyboard mashing somehow memorable when it's Antihero doing it but not Fate or Reck or UT (or whoever else Reck mentioned) do it or when Bins does it like 10 times in one micro game?

And, y'know, maybe my idea of what a title is or who we should be giving titles to just doesn't align with what the rest of the site thinks. But I can never tell if we're actually SUPER SERIOUS or SUPER CASUAL about the quality bar for titles because it seems to vary wildly by user and by title suggestion which makes me think that it's more about giving people who are in the right cliques titles regardless of the actual quality. And if that's the case, then fine, but let's at least be upfront about that and not pretend that it's something loftier than that with phrases like "gift from the community" in the OP.

Also seriously I'm sorry but the 3 months rule is just wtf no. 3 months is barely enough time for a newbie game to finish (ok, maybe two if they're both really short). How many newbies -- even the ones that manage to complete a game here -- go on to actually stay on the site long enough to make a mark on it? You're willing to give people who will probably ditch the site within the first year a title but there are still people who have been here for years who even most of the newbies know that still don't have titles? That's kinda fucked up. If anything, I think the time before someone is eligible for a title should be increased, not decreased.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #95 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:45 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 84, SleepyKrew wrote:
What hypocrisy?

Antihero's keymashing is different from other people's because it's actually a schtick for him. It's part of his persona. It was even one of his abilities in a role based off of him.

Ok, at what point does something become a schtick/persona and not just something they do a lot? Can you try to better explain how Pie's title is not unique but Anti's is? Did you even look at Bins' ISO in the game I linked?

I would feel a lot better if I actually understood where and how you're drawing the line because right now it just seems completely arbitrary to me -- and if you're resisting explaining when I say that I have an issue, what else am I supposed to think but that you have a double standard and are annoyed that I'm calling you on it? I don't want things to be arbitrary and subjective along some hidden parameters I don't know or understand, I want titling to be fair and have a predictable quality baseline so we can focus more on the fun parts of it. But right now I am just not getting that vibe which really doesn't bode well for a brand new title fairy. It just looks like lackadaisical whim to me right now.

The bit about Singer and Mina and all that is mostly separate but I brought it up because it's part of my problem with titling at large -- and what better time to address that than when a new title fairy has arrived and isn't set in their titling ways yet? I wish we as a community prioritized making titles for people who've done things that make the community better (game modding, queue or forum modding, active in GD/SE/MD, hosting meets or skype mafia or other things outside of the site, wiki upkeep, replacing in to games). I would like to see it used as a way to reward people who make positive contributions more than people who merely exist within it and I would like to see titles as a way to encourage people to make more of those contributions. Maybe you could still get a title for keyboard flailing, but a surer path to getting a title could be to be that person that helps organize LoL games every week or that person who makes those really thought-provoking posts in MD or something. And I would like to see us brainstorm until we find a good title for those people even if it takes a while rather than relying on someone coming up with a sudden stroke of inspiration on a random user and then we tweak it until it is acceptable. I guess scummies somewhat fill that kind of function I'm thinking of but in a temporary (one year) way.

------

Anyway.

If profanity is part of the allure for the Tammy title, why not
Effing Sweetheart
?
Sassy Sweetheart
is good too, and I like the alliteration.

When I think of singer's presence on the site, I think of her work with the newbie queue, and also the way she never seems shy about her emotions. Singer pours her heart out onto the site on a regular basis whether those feelings are happy or sad or angry or anything in between. She makes the site feel more human. I also, admittedly, think of her drunkposting in and out of the actual drunkposting thread. Scummer of Love people would need to come in to brainstorm titles for that meet but here's where the old discussion for that starts AFAIK. I'm not really witty enough to come up with titles but I would nth anything that expressed all or some of those things or stuff from Scummer of Love. A reference to wearing her heart on her sleeve, maybe?

Past Mina title noms from the last thread include (small) Mafia Scum, (large) Mafia Scum, Firebug, Evil Laugh, Trojan Butterfly, and stuff about Waffles and waffling. I don't actually know Mina very well so I can't really comment on her personality past that but hopefully that's enough to kickstart some ideas for her with people who know her better than I do.

There are others who don't have titles that I think should but those are two big ones where I think it's just a ~COSMIC WRONG~ that they don't already have one.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #113 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

why did I think FakeGod already had a title? .-. I think the reasons for the title are mostly good but the stuff for "seven-colored" seems like kind of a stretch. I mean, good formatting = rainbow...? :s maybe if he was one of the obviously LGBT people on the site, but just for formatting/touhou reference is very meh...

Can I just like... nth the puppeteer half of it? He could even be
Popular Puppeteer
if you wanted to showcase the fact that his games fill fast and are well-liked. Alliteration is always nice.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:02 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

nth Prismatic Puppeteer

best one so far.

Tierce, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying special circumstances never happen, but I think the average player who's been here for only three months isn't really part of the community yet.

But I also think the community is defined more by what happens outside the mafia games subforums than inside them sooo yep

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #130 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:36 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 129, SleepyKrew wrote:Not giving someone a title when they go "it's bullshit that you're not giving me my title; give me my title" didn't start with me, and I'm not going to change it.

yeahhhh but this is not and was never what was being said, and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop acting like it was

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #133 (isolation #8) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:04 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

UT ilu but your interpretation of the situation is really wrong

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #170 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

happy scumday zito!

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #172 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I know the feeling <_<

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #201 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 200, InflatablePie wrote:I'm secretly aiming for seven.

preemptively nomming Pie in 2021 ->
A Song of Faes and Titles

(and it will still be sooner than GRRM will get out his 7th book)

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #204 (isolation #12) » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

nominate caled for
fun

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #223 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:51 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

who do I pm if I have a problem with the mere fact that the universe exists?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #236 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:13 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

high school could be abbreviated to HS maybe...?

SLEEPYKREW: An easy question for you that
is
inflammatory:
Do you prefer matchsticks or lighters?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #283 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 281, Vampirate wrote:Honestly, this one's been stuck in my head.

I nominate Parama for the title of: Title "
REJECTED!
"

According to him he's turned down every single title nominated for him, it's only natural that he has a title to display this. Feel free to shoot this down though, the idea has just been stuck in my head.

You really are new, aren't you

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #301 (isolation #16) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:48 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 299, zoraster wrote:antinom. Snark Attack way better.

^ I don't think we'll ever top snark attack.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #311 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:19 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

still want to see singer and mina titles happen; still horribly lacking in witty ideas. there's gotta be someone here more creative than me (and ideas better than putting mafia scum in tiny font)?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #340 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

happy scumday SK!

but yeah, I'm confused too. what's the reasoning behind it?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #352 (isolation #19) » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:01 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 340, esuriospiritus wrote:what's the reasoning behind it?

sk pls

the curiosity is killing me

I MUST KNOW

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #396 (isolation #20) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:35 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

I propose anarchy with everyone able to change everyone else's title at will

there hasn't been enough drama lately and my popcorn is getting stale

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #443 (isolation #21) » Fri May 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 440, Jordan_Downey wrote:
In post 437, DeathRowKitty wrote:blatant fairy bias

Sure, man. But that's not really a problem.

If two people are roughly equally deserving of a title and they're roughly equally good titles (by whatever metrics we're using to determine that; not the point) and skrew can approve one and reject another based on what clique they're in, yes, that's a problem.

If someone gets nommed for a shitty title and it gets approved anyway because they're in the right clique, yes, that's a problem.

The title fairy role has a lot of room for personal opinion based on how it's usually run, yes. But the role is supposed to be here for the entire community, not just the Members of the Community that SleepyKrew Likes Clique. I think people are arguing about the kayak title because that's their perception of what's happening. And it's not wrong to speak up about that.

If you don't think that's a problem... I just want to point out that past title fairies have usually kept the position for a number of years. That's a long time to not get considered for a good title just because you aren't friends with the right people (and a lot of time for shitty titles for friends of the right people to get pushed through).

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #446 (isolation #22) » Sat May 02, 2015 1:51 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

/shrug

I don't actually care enough one way or the other right now to get into it
(and even if I did care no one would listen to me anyway)
and I've had enough arguing for one year. I was just giving my interpretation of other people's arguments in an effort to clarify the apparent issue for people who weren't getting it.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #480 (isolation #23) » Sat May 02, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 477, Nexus wrote:Pls don't take my title I was so happy when I got it bcos I'm not popular ty

...nexus, I think you would be a happier person if you weren't frequently making negative and/or snarky comments like this. The brain strengthens the neural pathways you use the most.

Serious suggestion based on some of your posts here and elsewhere on the site.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #488 (isolation #24) » Sun May 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

2nd Admiral Gaylord

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #542 (isolation #25) » Fri May 08, 2015 6:11 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 118, kanyeknowsbest wrote:keep up the godo job sleepycrew

In post 217, kanyeknowsbest wrote:keep up thje good work sleepyfrew

In post 239, kanyeknowsbest wrote:keep iup the good work sleepycrew.

In post 326, kanyeknowsbest wrote:keep up the good work, sleep crew

In post 364, kanyeknowsbest wrote:keep up thje good work

sleepykrew

In post 423, kanyeknowsbest wrote:keep up the goodwork sleepykrew.

In post 539, kanyeknowsbest wrote:keep up the good jobsleepykrew

Kanye is an SK alt, confirmed

also I wonder if there is a secret message hidden in all those typos

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #573 (isolation #26) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 572, Psyche wrote:we can trust kanye to not choose something terrible

Nominate Psyche for Something Terrible

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #577 (isolation #27) » Sat May 09, 2015 9:52 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

should've gone with actually blaming us for not being him; it would have been funnier.

as for why we can't pick our own title, I imagine it started because there's more fun things to argue about this way! we are, after all, on a site where we come together to argue with (and imaginary-kill) each other for months at a time. :P

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #595 (isolation #28) » Mon May 11, 2015 7:47 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

did you finally realize you were a shark all along?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #634 (isolation #29) » Fri May 15, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #658 (isolation #30) » Mon May 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

no

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #678 (isolation #31) » Tue May 19, 2015 7:57 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 677, zoraster wrote:Mediocrity overall is okay because in general the people who get their titles (and those involved with whatever it's based on) think they're more than that.

I disagree. I, for one, am nothing more than a Mafia Scum.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #688 (isolation #32) » Tue May 19, 2015 8:41 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 685, xRECKONERx wrote:except titles were introduced and have been used to recognize things that make a user special, not just "oh youve reached X join date, heres your title"

we have titles for those: "Goon" and "Mafia Scum"

Okay, so I nominate that we have a 3rd title for people who have been on the site 5 years plus.

I recommend "Oldy McOldpants."

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #690 (isolation #33) » Tue May 19, 2015 8:42 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

or "All this time and still too boring to have a real title"

Pie suggests "noob."

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #695 (isolation #34) » Tue May 19, 2015 9:31 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Hmmmmm.

If we were gonna do that as a serious thing it would probably need to keep to the mafia theme and have a connotation of having been around for a while/higher up in the mafia hierarchy. Couldn't be godfather though because IIRC that's mith's title. Mafia Veteran, maybe? I confess to not having watched any of those movies about the mafia so I don't know what would fit.

And this is even assuming it would actually become a thing and I kind of feel like it would be too much work for the TF to add the title to all the users it would apply to (unless there's some easy coding way to do it).

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #703 (isolation #35) » Tue May 19, 2015 9:48 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

alternatively we can just go back to I LOVE YOU SLEEPYKREW or whatever the temporary title was like a month ago

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #712 (isolation #36) » Wed May 20, 2015 11:35 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

"GD is my Wingman" was easily a 10/10 title given the story behind it and the fact that it's not a username or avatar pun or etc. On its own, I think "GD is my Best Man" isn't quite as good, but you can't take it on its own -- you have to look at the history behind it. Because it inherits and builds on the "GD is my Wingman" story, I think it's still a super good title.

...why are we talking about this?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #722 (isolation #37) » Wed May 20, 2015 11:57 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

I could swear that someone already has
get off my lawn

Maybe not, though.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #724 (isolation #38) » Wed May 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

what was it again? I vaguely remember this

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #808 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I correctly used "throwing shade" in a sentence yesterday and it made me feel like one of the youngins again :')

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #813 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:56 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

google is a wonderful thing

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #836 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:40 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 831, Flameaxe wrote:If we are going to restrict all nominations to positive aspects of people can we update goon to sunshine and mafiascum to rainbows?

If it fits him it fits him, and its one of the better noms the thread has seen? But what do I know, I'm not here to get a hard-on from nitpicking something as stupid as a member title.

I am so totally on board for rainbow related titles

Half the site is LGBTQ anyway

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #856 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:41 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

I think you picked the wrong username for asking people to stop swooping in and shitting on everything :P

also
nth shade title
cuz fuck it

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #920 (isolation #43) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

wait what

so was that not you?

~MOD DRAMA~

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #924 (isolation #44) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Well, geez. If you'
r
e going to st
a
rt t
i
tling people i
n
your sleep, I'd
b
etter start sending s
o
me subtle nominations to the lo
w
er depth
s
of your sub
c
onscio
u
s
m
ind.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #926 (isolation #45) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

shhhhh don't think about it too hard

just let the hypnotic images wash over you

like the world's calmest, most soothing barrage of
RAINBOWS
*ahem*, ocean waves

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #932 (isolation #46) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

...lol whoops

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1038 (isolation #47) » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

belated nth for Pie

@dildo title: I think prior precedence has been no vulgarity in titles, but I could be wrong/that could change? I don't get the reference though so I'm not gonna comment further one way or another for now

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1051 (isolation #48) » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:01 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I'll explain (sort of)

it stems from Except When He Does, which is a title that Pie has been nommed for and had rejected by ...3? different fairies now for various reasons.

if you search EWHD you'll probably find more.

I'm running off the assumption that "accept" is a pun made based on the fact that the original title has been shot down so many times

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1063 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 1055, InflatablePie wrote:temp title pretty great

still enjoying my previous Reck title nom

Spoiler: rip glorious temp titles ;_;
Image Image

and also all the "I Love You, SleepyKrews" which I didn't actually take a screencap of and now I'm sad that I didn't

but seriously Accept When He Does is A++ and thank you to Bulge for being awesome at puns

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1067 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I was gonna make a joke about seeking the holy grail of titles but I'm not even really sure what that would look like

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1069 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

maybe the holy grail is finally finding a title other than Mafia Scum that Parama would accept?

or finding a title for mina that isn't a short joke :(

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1079 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:58 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

I feel like we should nominate psyche for something related to his deadpan style of posting where it's hard to tell how serious he is, but I'm still not any wittier than last time I tried to come up with titles for people

thoughts?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1094 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I love
sheepherder
and
kittenherder!
:3

also seriously, mina isn't even that short wtf

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1095 (isolation #54) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

y'all played it up so much I thought she'd be like 4'0"

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1169 (isolation #55) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:17 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 1155, Mina wrote:Team Mafia involved close to a hundred people when you take into account the mods and replacements. And it's publicly available information. It's definitely funniest if you read from the beginning, though, because it's a culmination of an experience.

As for the me suggestions, am I particularly nurturing? I'm not sure the title works on a level beyond the newbie list mod, and never having played Mafia before doesn't make newbies cute fluffy baby kittens. Actually, they're scary! I lost one of my limbs to a hungry swarm of them once.

being able to read this post knowing your voice and inflections only increases its amazingness.

On that note,
nth singer
because I can totally hear singer saying that title with feeling and I think it really captures singer's spark.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1170 (isolation #56) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:19 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 1168, SleepyKrew wrote:I thought Orange in Sharp Contrast was awful when it happened, and I still do. So yay.

maybe if we keep throwing terrible titles at him one will eventually not be terrible by sheer luck

nominate parama for titled by force

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1200 (isolation #57) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I love Let's Get Shitty, too.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1222 (isolation #58) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:03 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Unnecessary
nth

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1292 (isolation #59) » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:36 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

You're expected to write a speech where you thank all of the important people of your life and give lip service to religion

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1512 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:07 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

there's also an argument to be made about not giving people titles for breaking rules (i.e. title fairy is the only one who titles) but I can't be arsed right now to formulate a more lengthy post on the matter

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1561 (isolation #61) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:29 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 1558, Klazam wrote:
In post 1557, Zachrulez wrote:They're just titles.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1565 (isolation #62) » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:36 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

it's okay zoraster, we can not like titles together

still don't like anti's title cuz alskdjakgjslkgdj

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1808 (isolation #63) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

No point in posting title noms when I wasn't around to complain about them?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1853 (isolation #64) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:03 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

the worst

nominate SK for Literally Hitler

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1901 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

RIP Klazam

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1945 (isolation #66) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 1943, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 1942, Ythan wrote:Yeah she's just like mith.

For real though I think Godmother is bad because of mith's title.

Fairy Godmother would be an amazing title if it actually suited anyone, though. Still has the mafia connection but not as strong.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1947 (isolation #67) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:15 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

That's even worse, sorry :/

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1997 (isolation #68) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

This thread is one of the less mean ones actually

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #1999 (isolation #69) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

runs away sobbing

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2066 (isolation #70) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:00 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2074 (isolation #71) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:55 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

I would definitely take a sleepykrew endorsement for a title

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2080 (isolation #72) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Ok firebringer, we're revoking your title nom privileges :P

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2106 (isolation #73) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:58 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

what is it he's supposed to be a social experiment of?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2110 (isolation #74) » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

boooo.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2155 (isolation #75) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

goddammit skrew, hahaha.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2157 (isolation #76) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

BPC's title is great

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2166 (isolation #77) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I think so, or something similar.

Happy birthday SK. :)

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2174 (isolation #78) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:20 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Is the science a catapult that uses human beings for ammo?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2222 (isolation #79) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:34 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

wait... what?

It's never occurred to me before that you would still get a 'nomination' vote as the title fairy. :P

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2224 (isolation #80) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:49 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

oh, are we letting fairies be people now? this is exactly the kind of slippery slope we need to avoid before dogs and cats start claiming to be people and demanding equal representation. c'mon, SK, don't be ridiculous. it's just common sense that you're not a people.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2346 (isolation #81) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

oh dear god, I have 80-something posts.

and if I'm ever top 3 in post count in any thread, it means something somewhere has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2422 (isolation #82) » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:55 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 2421, Kublai Khan wrote:AniX >
11/11/11 11:11

+1

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #2533 (isolation #83) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

spoilers: it's me

I'm changing all of your titles back to Mafia Scum

Return to “Player Titles”