Mafia 71: The Corsican Syndicate - Game over!

mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:35 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Vote:Alasdair

You know why.

jk, no hard feelings.

Unovte
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:47 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I agree. 50 has been nothing but suspicious this entire game. Spouting off scumtells left and right.
Vote:50
until he explains his behavior.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
silly vote: 50 pounds of bread..that is just too much bread.
Woah! do silly votes count? If they do I'm silly voting for the rest of the game. This is great. Maybe we could silly-lynch some silly-scum.

In all seriousness, that would be awesome to have different kinds of votes that could be put on people, and different things would happen at different thresholds. It'd sure be a pain for the mod, though.

Theo - Good job it can't happen eh :wink:
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:54 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Alasdair wrote:
You jerks, 50 is not around to defend himself at the moment because he's having another go at chemotherapy to try and get his cancer into remission...he won't be posting for a day or so.

Wow good first impression of this site
I'd never vote for anyone with cancer. That'd just be too sad.

Sorry 50 :(

Unvote
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:35 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Hey guys, I want to join the Earth crew, what do you think? WR? is my idol. I guess I better get a litte more serious.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:42 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Yeah, well, I'm new and not on IRC, so you don't have much to base off of, but I like being nice. I like WR?'s playstyle and I like earth so there.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:45 am

Post by mcpaltp »

So hey guys, who do you think we should lynch?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:16 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Calling out Peers. Peers to the thread. No lurking alowed.

Vote:Peers

I just want everybody to come to the thread and talk about who we think is scum and then come to a consensus and lynch the scummiest. I think this is a good plan.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:17 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Nevermind, there you are. Sorry.
Unvote
I'm just going to go lie down for a litte while.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:43 am

Post by mcpaltp »

LP Camp't. Who is LP and why is he camping? What the heck.

I'm sorry that you don't like new players. I'll try to be extra nice, even if you are tiny. :hugs: I hope I didn't crush you there.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:09 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Both waar and WR?'s logic make sense to me. I don't like the WIFOM "joke" of Lazy's and CKD's overraction also seems scummy to me. I'm sort of getting a busing vibe, so I think I'll put a vote on Lazy as he seems incrementally scummier to me.

##Vote:Lazy

Nobody else is really hitting my scumdar right now. C'mon lurkers, start pingin'! I'm sure all of you scummy mcscummersons have lots of good tells-- let 'em, out.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:31 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Outside comunication about game events is verboten. I'm not talking about the
game events
outside of this thread, and I'm sure the rest aren't either.

And why not call out the lurkers? I see no reason to wait until the deadline to lynch someone if they are scum. Discussion is all well and good, but so is a game not taking weeks to finish.

Just sayin'
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:37 am

Post by mcpaltp »

cicero wrote:
*snip*

And no one is lurking yet. The game hasn't gone on long enough. These day ones go on a looooong time. And clearly there's a sub-group in here of people who already know each other and may even be talking to each other on Ventrilo. Most of us were probably just waiting for the din to settle down a bit. That's what I was doing. I can't get in on in-jokes when I'm not in. Know what I'm sayin'?

But I'm encouraged by the quick turn the game has taken towards real investigation. I'm just not going to leave my random vote on someone who is under real suspicion.
waar, I was replying to this post.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:46 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Lazy wrote:
How exactly can you get a "busing vibe" from a first day jokevote?

-------------------

OK, clearly I made a mistake by playing too loose and not making sure to put huge [JOKE] tags on everything I posted.

I have become a fine scapegoat for the scum to try and get lynched from now on.
I'm cool with jokevotes, but joking by posting nothing whle jumping on a bandwagon is maybe a little scummy, yeah? It's basically a joke that can only be proven by WIFOM, which I think makes for a suspicous joke.

To clarify the busing statement, I kind of felt like both Lazy and CKD were pinging my scumdar, so I felt like busing might be a possibility with both of you seeming scummy, but with Lazy voting for CKD. a better way to put this would to just say that both of you seem scummy.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:26 am

Post by mcpaltp »

waar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: You are also indicating that I over reacted, but fail explain how I over reacted...you think BM was "joking" (with a vote) yet I was "serious" (with a non vote question post) and over reactted..
I explained:
waar wrote: You replied to an obvious joke with a very serious reply, pointing out to Battle Mage exactly why his reasoning sucked, while at the same time also explaining his joke. You were very quick to get defensive about something that was meant to be taken in jest. Thus, you are over reacting.
Seriously CKD, what are you thinking? With the new information gleaned from CKD's responses to waar, I think that he is acting scummier that Lazy. I still think that lazy has a tint of scumminess, but CKD is undoubtably overreacting and that seems scummier than a WIFOM 5th maybe-jokevote.

As lame as it sounds, I'm keeping my eye on you, Lazy.

##Unvote:Lazy
##Vote:curiouskarmadog

^^^^^^^^^
50lbs, simulposting is when you post at the same time as someone else. It seems to be a (fairly good) way to explain why your post doesn't include a respose to a post above yours.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:31 am

Post by mcpaltp »

waar wrote:Just so you guys know a lot of us are used to default 72 hour deadlines for the entire day and 300 new posts in a game between going to sleep and waking up. Some of you guys are going to have to put on your A game so you can keep up with the rest of us. You could say I, and some others who have joined this game, are eXtreme Mafia players. Just a fair warning.
I try to be extreme, but I can never get my face to look mean enough. :oops:
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:32 am

Post by mcpaltp »

schismatized wrote: psyche! your way of playing sucks.
Why I oughta...

Aw, I can't do it. Hugs?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:36 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Unofficial votecount on CKD: 6, -4 to lynch.

Right?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

cicero wrote:*snip* And clearly there's a sub-group in here of people who already know each other and may even be talking to each other on Ventrilo.*snip*
ChronX, I read this and thought he was saying that we (SA fieldtrip) were talking about the game (like sharing roles, mason-y stuff) on Ventrillo. I got a litte bristly and said that we weren't doing gamebreaking stuff, he clarified that that wasn't what he ment, I was cool, he was cool, we all were cool.

Let's be cool? :hugs?:

And yeah, the lurking call-out was way too soon, I just got too excited by meeting new people and seeing if they are scummy. Sorry lurkers. :wink: I'll get you boys/girls later.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

I count 5 people from SA. I was there before here, even though I'm pretty new on both forums. I have a different username on SA, :shh:. I was in Sakespeare, but not for very long.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Yup, that's me. Now the internet detectives can see my other interests as they know my other screen name. Curses!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Yeah, sorry about that, I will asap. Hey, could I just PM you here? I'm probated until 10 this evening, and I would be unable to get in contact with you until tomorrow. PM on mafiascum here if you are cool with this so we can avoid spamming this thread more.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:47 am

Post by mcpaltp »

WomensRights wrote:
Peers wrote:I enjoy the faster pace; I got started in Mafia in 48-hour-deadline games, so the speed isn't that new to me. I think it'll be much better for us once we get out of the random phase of things.
I'm pretty sure we ARE out of the random phase of things.
Jumping on the "not in random phase anymore" bandwagon.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:57 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I havn't seen waar's actions as at all scummy. A little abrasive? Yes. Scummy? No.

He could be playing me like a fiddle, but as of right now, I still see CKD's reactions as way more scummy.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:05 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I'd love to, but I got off of my lunch and I have loads of work to do. Can I do it later?

For a faster answer, see most of CKD's reponses to waar.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:51 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
waar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: You are also indicating that I over reacted, but fail explain how I over reacted...you think BM was "joking" (with a vote) yet I was "serious" (with a non vote question post) and over reactted..
I explained:
waar wrote: You replied to an obvious joke with a very serious reply, pointing out to Battle Mage exactly why his reasoning sucked, while at the same time also explaining his joke. You were very quick to get defensive about something that was meant to be taken in jest. Thus, you are over reacting.
for the love of God, how was it an over reaction?

I said..

"now that just hurts BM..." (you are telling me this was serious?)

I placed a second vote on Lazy...you place the second vote on me...you say I am bandwagoning...I say you are (fill in the blank), the circle begins a new? (you are telling me this is serious?)

are we going to start bumping heads again?(you are telling me this is serious?)

Where is the over reaction in this post? You said that I thought BM's reasoning sucked and you agreed it sucked. You see my interaction with you? This is serious...you see a difference?

My vote on him is not an OMGUS vote. I gave him plenty of time to say "hey, maybe it is a misunderstanding"..or "my joke on you was mostly random"..or even a "I am just trying to start conversation"

but he wont back down..he wants to push a vote on someone because of an over reaction that wasnt even there.

Now he is saying I am being overly defensive....NO, I am being offensive

When I see something scummy, I jump on it. When someone votes me (passed the random stage) for a crappy reason and refuses to admit they might be wrong...I jump on it.
Welp, as I read this response to a response to a response, what I see is CKD responding in a highly emotionally charged way to waar's questioning. In combination with CKd's OMGUS voting, it feels like CKD is pissed at waar for questioning his answers, freaking out and trying to divert attention onto anyone else, a classic scum response.

This is not a definitive scumtell to me (he could just be really high-strung), but it makes me suspicious. It makes me suspicious enough that I'll lay a vote on him until someone else looks more suspicious
to me
or he is lynched.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:22 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Blarg. It is okay to start calling out lurkers yet? I'm not sure about the protocol for MS lurker call-outs. The quick pace has slowed down considerably recently, and I'd love to see a little spark injected into this conversation.

To contribute: I'm still suspicious of CKD for the overreaction/OMGUS but less than before for somewhat metagame reasons (it has to do with another MS mafia game I'm in, so I don't want to talk about it ITT). I voted for Lazy before, and I'm still a litte suspicious of him for the "joke" vote, but really no more than CKD, so I suppose I'll just leave my vote where it is for now.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:52 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I tried looking through the thread for lurkers, but the only one to make me take notice was Skitzer, but it's possible I just missed him. In the process of searching for lurkers, I re-read the case against CKD, and I'm starting to entertain the idea that he's just high-strung town. Meh. His responses still seem scummy, but my radar has been way off recently.

My analysis sucks right now. I'll try again later.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:52 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Saint Freak wrote:
unvote: ckd
vote: Chronx

For being stupid and a big meanie :(
:psyduck: What.

Unvote: CKD
vote: St. Freak

Until the OMGUS is explained.

P.S. I still am suspicious of CKD, but there is no way this sort of thing should go un-noticed/unquestioned
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:51 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
waar wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote: where? if I get anything from that, I was calling him a hypocrite..
Ugh why argue semantics? The quote I posted was one where you explained why you didn't agree with his argument. Hence, why you thought it sucked.
curiouskarmadog wrote:again, did you think it sucked?
If I thought it was a serious argument then yes I would agree that placing a vote on someone because they placed a 2nd vote on somebody else in a 19 player game is a shitty argument. However he was joking.
because you are putting words in my mouth that I didnt say.

You are also indicating that I over reacted, but fail explain how I over reacted...you think BM was "joking" (with a vote) yet I was "serious" (with a non vote question post) and over reactted..

unvote vote waar

you have yet to explain to me how my post was an over reaction or serious (when it was obviously a joke)...you are willingly to keep backing and aggressively pushing this vote, when you are obviously in the wrong...
Why I think you are the scummiest is due in a large part by how you got extremely defensive when the discussion about your inital comment, reproduced above, continued beyond into you OMGUSing waar.

I'll be frank here. I had a pretty hard time telling what you were trying to say in your initial comment to BM, all the way back on page 3. I struck me as a little weird, but I wasn't sure what you were trying to say. When waar first posited that it was an overreaction to BM's vote on you, it made sense, but it was in no way a slam dunk for me at all.

Your later comments and subsequent OMGUS of waar are what made me think you were scummy. You seem to be really hung up on waar's or anyone else's prodding and seem outraged that anyone could ever think that your lashing-outs seem scummy. This sort of behavior is what makes me think that you are the scummiest option right now.

TL;dr: The first post: not so over-react-y, the rest? So much.

*Preview Edit* Again, WR? said it better than I could. Putting this out there anyway.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:19 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Welp, looking it over, I see waar voting you because your comment seemed a little scummy/over-"defensive" to a joke-vote, 50 and lazy jumping on, and you getting nervous and accusational. At the time, it was enough for me to prick up my ears a bit, but lazy's "jokevote" seemed scummier to me.

Right about then was when you started to freak out a little bit over being accused of over reacting. Overreacting to an accusation of overracting, if you will.

I think waar's inital vote on you was to question your rather strange and somewhat scummy response to BR's jokevote, and to see how you responded to a little pressure. I became clear to me that how you responded was, well, by overreacting.

Your complaint about the insta-bandwagon is partially valid, however, as lazy's vote in particular was rather strange, but your reaction to the bandwagon struck me as scummier than a wagon that took you only half way to lynch.

Anyhow, that's just how I saw it.

*preview edit*
Well, if I thought an invalid bandwagon was forming aginst me, I'd address the main issue and then grill the specific members of the BW as to why they thought the main issue was valid.

What it looked like you were doing to me was attack waar for raising a point about you in the first place-- a big difference.

As to the metagame point, I've never been in a game with you before, so I've just been judging your posts on their own merits or lack therof.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:44 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:nice...

*snip* you were coming to his defense by explaining his vote with information he has never stated, when he could have explained his own vote. *snip*
Cite please.

2nding votecount.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:18 am

Post by mcpaltp »

WomensRights wrote:Before this day is totally lost in shit flinging by Wind and CKD, I would still like Saint Freak to come back and explain why his only response to whoever voted for him (I'm too lazy to look up who it was okay? <:x> ) was a simple OMGUS vote.
2nding this too. I'd like to use my vote to put some more pressure on CKD again (as I think he is probably scum), but I really don't want to give St. Freak a free pass for what he did either.

Explain yourself, sirrah!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Living in fear of a jester is terrible, and just makes for dumb mindgames that last forever. I am sticking with my policy of voting for whoever seems the scummiest, and boy howdy has St. Freak shot to the top (only temporarily eclipsing CKD).

My exploratory vote-- confirmed.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:43 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Saint Freak wrote:I will not feel sorry for having fun. Nor will I feel sorry for enjoying a game instead of trying to win it at all costs.

I will feel sorry, however, that this forum exists. A place for cutthroats and disgruntled emo kids, who badly need a win in an online game to make them feel good about themselves. Where fun and friendship is cut at a cost of winning, and tolerance is a forbidden word.

I will feel sorry for our mod, who has to read through page after page of drivel and whining about whether a joke is serious or not, and whether post 2345 contradicted post 163.

But most of all, I'll feel sorry for the players of this game. I firmly believe each and every one of you will grow up to be that angry little old man (or woman) that everyone hates. The one who keeps children's toys when they cross into their yard. The one that drives up and down the street just to keep boys from playing football there, or perhaps girls from playing hopscotch. The one who chases kids off his sidewalk with a hose, or perhaps gardening tools. The one who has no reason to live.

My saving hope is that someday you'll be lying on a hospital bed; an EKG machine sounding out the last moments of your lives. No friends, no family,...only a collection of mafia wins to fondly recollect. And hopefully, as you reflect on your doings, you'll realize that winning a game is an ending that leads nowhere, but playing a game is a journey that can lead anywhere.

And maybe, just maybe, you'll look into your cold, crispy black heart at that final moment, and realize that the real scum...is you.

Sincerely,
Saint Freak.

P.S.
@ mcpaltp: Your mom.
No, U. :roll: :x :o

Oh, you card.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #35) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:45 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Uh, so it looks like everybody is suspicious of many different people: waar, CKD, St. Freak, Lazy, Garnasha. I can see pretty decent cases for most of them but I'm really wondering what people think about each of these cases.

Waar

-Started a bandwagon on CKD
-Hopped off unexpectedly to prevent a quick lynch
-Has been a little quiet these last few days

St. Freak

-Extremely blatant OMGUS vote with no explanation, several posts afterwards with still no explanation
-Posted strange MS "callout" letter
-Not a lot of pro-town activity

CKD

-Over-reacted to waar's accusation of overreacting
-Seems pretty quick to attack anyone who questions him
-Declared that he will lurk for a while now

Lazy

-Hopped on CKD bandwagon with no explanation, played it off as a joke
-Actually unvoted much later, when the heat was off.
-Again, not a lot of pro-town activity

Garnasha

-seems to "flip-flop" on the CKD issue.
-??? (was there anything else?)

Mcpaltp

-'cause of my mom

Am I missing anybody?

Well, I think that's basically what the primary accusations are that are floating around. In a game this big, it can be a little hard to keep things straight, so I thought this might help me to keep things in order at least. If it is wrong or misleading, please let me know.

Oh yeah, so I am personally suspicous of CKD and St. Freak the most right now. I'd be happy with a vote on either of them at the present time, but I think St. Freak's actions are a little more blatantly anti-town, so my vote is staying on him for time being. What does everyone else think?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #36) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:28 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I'd just like to point out that getting offended by the word "silly" is mindblowingly, well, silly. Seriously. :colbert: There are more important things in life to get offended by then the use of the word "silly" in an internet forums game.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:21 am

Post by mcpaltp »

WomensRights wrote:As probably the most qualified psychologist in this thread (not certified or licensed but dammit I do have a degree!) I can safely say that we will all lead unfulfilled lives.

And back to the game!
As an accountant, I know that I already fit the "unfulfilled" descriptor. But does that make me bitter?

Yes.[/spoiler]
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:37 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:*snip*

Yes, Wind, unvoting someone who might be lynched (when you dont think or are convinced they are scum) is a pro-townish move, which is eactly why scum do it. Again, note, I didnt push that because it was my opinion which I stated. I hope that answers your question..

*snip 2.0*
I'm just gonna point out that boy do I dislike this WIFOM-y stuff here. I'm not trying to pick on you in particular as I've seen it used elsewhere, but extrapolating from this statement, anybody who acts pro-town must be scum, because scum would do it to look town.

Quick! nobody do anything pro-town, it's a scumtell! Oh snap, waar wants to stop a quick lynch and promote discussion? Git'em, he's gotta be scum! I'll teach him for wanting to help the town! Graggaglelge.

I just don't like that kind of reasoning so much is all I'm sayin'.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #39) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:07 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote: again, not pushing this particular point, he asked how or why
I
thought that could be scummy, I explained why
I
thought it could be...this is my when I first stated it I said "(to me)" meaning my opinion.
That's cool, and I don't really hold it aginst you, but I still don't like the reasoning.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:11 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:again, not pushing this particular point, he asked how or why
I
thought that could be scummy, I explained why
I
thought it could be...this is my when I first stated it I said "(to me)" meaning my opinion.
That's cool, and I don't really hold it aginst you, but I still don't like the reasoning.

Darn tags.

Also: waar whut? Jester discussion = scummy? Back up your vote a little please.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:40 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Peers wrote:I forget if I've posted, but I've certainly been reading... the signal/noise ration in this thread is abnormally low, so it's kinda hard to follow along. I keep getting the feeling I must've missed something, but it turns out there just really hasn't been much worth talking about.
So, absolutely everything seems to lack any substance "worth talking about"? You have no opinion on anything that has happened?
Seriously?
Just a few pages ago I put forward a list of the current cases. What do you think about those?

I see two options if you truly have no opinion on anything whatsoever:
1. Scum trying to fly under the radar, or
2. so disinterested that you should request to be replaced.
If you continue to activly fail to contribute, I'll assume it's the first option and vote accordingly.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #42) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:59 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Great Kilgrey, now I have four people I want to vote for: St. Freak, CKD, peers, and now Tarhalindur. I'll wait a little longer for any one of these four to chime in before I start moving my vote around (again).

And is it just me, or is this game moving really slowly all of a sudden? If it wasn't categorically "bad for the town" I'd be pushing for it right now. I know it's against MS custom, but different cultures, I guess.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #43) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:00 am

Post by mcpaltp »

mcpaltp wrote:Great Kilgrey, now I have four people I want to vote for: St. Freak, CKD, peers, and now Tarhalindur. I'll wait a little longer for any one of these four to chime in before I start moving my vote around (again).

And is it just me, or is this game moving really slowly all of a sudden? If it wasn't categorically "bad for the town" I'd be pushing for
deadlines
right now. I know it's against MS custom, but different cultures, I guess.
Fixed, doh.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #44) » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:03 am

Post by mcpaltp »

gah! There was supposed to be a comma between great and Kilgrey! I think I've been staring at a computer screen for too long.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #45) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:13 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Peers, as of now I'd say that you are actively failing to contribute in any material form. I agree with what garbagetree was saying about you in a few posts above, and you have somehow managed to surpass my suspicions of CKD and St. Freak. Seriously, what the heck.

##Unvote
##Vote:Peers

Still, where the heck has St. Freak gone? CKD? Bah. Bah. Bah. Never have I had I game where I am so suspicous of so many players at the same time. I realise that I am unvoting and voting a lot, but I'm just suspicous of
so many people
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #46) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:57 am

Post by mcpaltp »

cicero wrote:Peers vs. St. Freak. Interesting.

You'd all (well a few of you) rather vote a guy complaining about all the bullshit in this thread than a guy contributing nothing but bullshit in this thread. Gotcha.
I find it worse to be saying in essence (paraphase) "I'm not going to contribute", than to be saying nothing at all, which is what St. Freak has been doing lately, as this is proof that the poster is basically lurking, as opposed to just being inactive.

Trust me, I'm suspicious of both of them, and I'd be happy with my vote on either, I just see Peers as slightly more scummy.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #47) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:48 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I suppose the problem is that I find it hard to believe that after almost twenty pages of discussion, that you can find absolutely nothing to have an opinion or point of discussion about other than that there seems to be nothing to talk about. It smacks of just trying to fly under the radar and express no opinion, then trying to justify your inactivity while still holding
absolutely no opinion
on matters that affect the town.

As for something that makes changing course (from sitting dead in the water), how about some analysis of who you think is scummy, or if you think a no-lynch is a good idea, or something that we can actually discuss, rather than just trying to act confused or disinterested or whatever it is that you think you are doing.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #48) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:16 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Holy crap, analysis!

unvote:Peers
Vote:St. Freak

Placing vote back on second choice pending review of analysis, further page analysis.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #49) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:06 am

Post by mcpaltp »

There is a drop-down menu at the bottom of the thread. You can set it to display posts only from certain users.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #50) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Still no St. Freak, I see, The comment about 50 lbs. missing is a good one as well. Peers has managed to turn himself around in my eyes, only for Tarharlindur to shoot up in my (rather depressing that it's so large) suspicion queue. CKD also seems to be mellowing a little bit, but I still have that lingering suspicion that I can't quite shake. I'll update my argument summary list sometime later, as it seems to be getting rave reviews from Peers.

Oh, and limited access this weekend for me, too.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:40 am

Post by mcpaltp »

This is nauseating. All I'm seeing are a vocal minority of MSers chasing out some pretty well-intentioned SAers. I'm expecting there to be several replacements/bannings/whatevers to happen, so I don't want to screw things up even more and ask to be replaced, but I will if the situation gets any more hostile.

I hope everyone involved is very proud of themselves. I, at least, just wanted to play some games and have some fun. I thought this community would be welcoming. I guess not.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #52) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:08 am

Post by mcpaltp »

cicero wrote:I'd post more but I'm still happy with my vote. I'd like to lynch St. Freak and then go from there.

Also: Am I the only one that has to be really careful about not mixing up people's behavior in Mafia 71 and Doctor Who Mafia? :p

(Don't worry. I am.)
I, too feel this way

Fake edit: Oops.

In all seriousness, I'd also be ok (with the information that we have right now) with a St. freak lynch. I'd much rather get him in here so he can discuss a little, though.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:54 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Aimee wrote:
unvote, vote: 50 pounds of bread

Obvious scum.
What? How? Where? When?

Jokevote? Or what?

Unvote:whoever
Vote:Aimee

Will there be a reaonable explanation? Who knows?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (isolation #54) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

I'm
voting for Aimee.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (isolation #55) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:20 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I'm funny how? I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f-ing amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
I don't know. Are you here to fing amuse me? I don't even know what a fing is. It sounds like the noise a bell makes when you flick it with your finger.

*fing!*

*fing!*

Also, where is everybody? It'd be rad if we could get a bunch of people to chime and and confirm that they are still in this darn game.

Wisdom can come from the most unlikely of places.

Am I softclaiming now, ABR? Bite me.

Sorry for the antagonistic nature of this post. I'm a little frustrated with how this whole thing is going. :angry:
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #56) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:37 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Yeah I did, what of it? <:x>

You wanna take this outside?

</3

j/k <3 :oops: <3
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #57) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:43 am

Post by mcpaltp »

How 'bout the mod goes through and lines up all of the trolls, critically bored people, and non-contributors and modkills 'em all.

Then the game would be (much) smaller, we could continue with all of the players who were still interested in playing mafia, and the mafia wouldn't get an unfair advantage by having lots of nightkills.

I think this plann is brilliant and I refuse to back down from it.

Ok, maybe I will.

Or will I?

Ok, I will.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (isolation #58) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:00 am

Post by mcpaltp »

That sounds sooooooo scummy.

Unvote:Aimee
Vote:St. Freak

See what I did there?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (isolation #59) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by mcpaltp »

Is drunk posting a bannable offense on these forums?

Just askin'.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (isolation #60) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:25 am

Post by mcpaltp »

*cough* Is this game still alive?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (isolation #61) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:32 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Vote for Trewe in Twenty-One-Two! It's the smart thing to do!

It's gotta ring to it.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (isolation #62) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:39 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Oh yeah, anybody who wants to try out a faster game or two that tend to be loaded with crazy powers, should come and check out SA. It's pretty fun if you can keep up with the crazy fast pace. Just make sure that you follow the rules, and try not to get yourself banned or probated, and you should be fine. Mafia players tend to hang out in the Discussion>Games>Tradional games>Mafia discussion thread. If you post there expressing interest in joining a game, you may just have some fun.

It does cost $10 to join, but the rest of the forum is really well moderated and has a mindblowingly wide amount of discussion. It was the best $10 I spent in a long time.

(I'm Mr. Trewe on SA)

I don't want to spam this thread up too much, so I'll stop here, and any other questions you have, please PM me.

I'll still check this thread intermittantly to see if it rises from the dead, and will be around to finish up the rest of the games that I am in here at least.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #63) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:46 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I'm in!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (isolation #64) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:55 am

Post by mcpaltp »

A votecount woud be rad right about now.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (isolation #65) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:05 am

Post by mcpaltp »

You have been posting pretty consistantly, Garnasha. You would't be the best rubric to base judgement on. Personally, I'm giving a semi-free pass untill the
mass prod
goes out.

In the mean time, I'm pretty happy with my vote that's hainging out on SF right now, so I think I'll keep it there.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (isolation #66) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:06 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Oh god. This OMGUS v. OMGUSy thing is
so silly
(that's right, I went there) Let's just say that voting or casting aspersions on somebody
for the sole reason
that they put a vote of cast an asprersion on you is OMGUS. And that it's a scumtell, but whatever.

Legitimate points /= OMGUS.

Oh My God You Suck (for voting/suspecting me, and nothing else) = OMGUS.

Can we at least agree on terms here?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (isolation #67) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:38 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Man, I'm actually glad that the deadline's coming up, as we should get things cleared up, and hopfully end up with players that want to play. What a strange game :shake:

Meh. I'm satisifed with where my vote is hanging out right now.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (isolation #68) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:54 am

Post by mcpaltp »

So folks, it looks like the day is drawing to a close with SF having (I think? The votecount and confusion surrounding it are making me confused) the most votes by a fairly slim margin. There has been some weirdness, so I want everybody to confirm that they are comfortable where their votes are, as well as reaffirm their commitment come day 2.

I'm in until I'm out, and I'm comfortable with my vote on SF. I look forward to day 2, and a relative lack of drama/craziness.

ps epic joker play in that other game, DGB. 5 stars.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (isolation #69) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:20 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Huh. Cicero seems like a pretty good guy to vote for. Windshipper's argument seems
fairly
compelling, so I think I'll go with that. It'll also let me test out a little theory of mine. Seems like fun!

Unvote, Vote:Cicero

Hooray for low standards of proof!

PS If you are reading the SA boards, cicero, you should join a game. It's super fun!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (isolation #70) » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:30 am

Post by mcpaltp »

a)I can understand that, playstyles kinda blew up on contact and a bunch of folks got huffy. Most everyone is really pretty awesome, though.
b)Even forums.somethingawful.com? Not just the main site? I'm sorry, then :(

As for game related stuff,

Blah, not really. I guess I'm still a little suspicious of CKD, but he's the only other one who is even making me a little suspicious.

I suppose the cool thing to do here would be to put in a clause about re-reading the thread, but, well, we'll see, eh? :effort:
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (isolation #71) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:13 am

Post by mcpaltp »

cicero wrote:
windshipper wrote:
cicero wrote:
windshipper wrote:<---Already in college.
More evidence.

Windshipper - why did you not push Phate for refusing to give reasons but did push me for not giving reasons? Please unravel that for me.
I didn't see it, actually.
Funny how you only have eyes for me, snuggle muffin.

Now that you've seen it, what do you think of it?
HOT.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (isolation #72) » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:36 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Will I get a chance to see it?

I'll tell you what I think of it for sure.

Cuddlekins.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (isolation #73) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:21 am

Post by mcpaltp »

'cmon people, are we going to let this die? Check in, folks! :arg:
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (isolation #74) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:34 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Uh, he hadn't really been pinging my scumdar, and upon re-read of his posts, he still isn't pinging my scumdar.

The whole arsonist thing seems unlikely, and his inconistancies with regard to seeming to endorse then deny then endorse the idea seem odd to me a little bit, but other than that, not really.

Am I missing something?

It's just so dead in here I'm having trouble keeping my attention up. I should pick a fight with cicero or something. :wink:
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (isolation #75) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:00 am

Post by mcpaltp »

That's right! I forgot how over-react-y CKD was in the last day. Heck, might as well vote for him.

BEEP BEEP.

##Unvote: Cicero (or somebody like that)
##Vote: CKD

I will also go on the record as being in favor of anything interesting happening in this thread ever again.

To that aim:

What do people think about a mass-claim, followed by a no-lynch? It's a fool proof plan.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (isolation #76) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:43 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Let's vote for somebody, already. There have been a third of the posts in the first day on the second day.

Personally, I think that there is a good chance that we are screwed, as we just had two townies modkilled, but whatever. Let's at least not have a no-lynch today, folks.

Vote CKD! Why not? Scummy yesterday, absent today! Two days, people!

(I am willling to entertain voting for other people, if we get some decent cases in here. I'm unconvinced on Phate at this point, which is why I'm not going for him/her.)
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (isolation #77) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:22 am

Post by mcpaltp »

y'know, I kind of have an uterior motive for not lynching cicero here, as he is one of the very few people who actually posts anymore.

Let's lynch this other guy over here-- vote CKD in 2003!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (isolation #78) » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:57 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:really dont have much to say...lost interest in the game once the SA kids did their things, we lost our mod, and the other mod kills.

I am reading the game but dont feel that Cicero's or Wind's bandwagon really have a case presented..MC hasnt really pushed a case against me, so I really have nothing to defend against...but I am sure when he does and I break it down, he will just call me over defensive...(yawn).

MC why dont you present a case, then push for my lynch.
Can you believe how overdefensive this guy is? Lynch 'im!
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (isolation #79) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:52 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Screw it, whatever. It's a better case than CKD right now at least. The SA hate is turning me against you, too.

##Unvote: CKD
##Vote:BM
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (isolation #80) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:49 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Setael wrote:
mod: can we get a prod on CKD?
He did post, like yesterday. I would like to see more content, but it's not like he's not been around at all.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (isolation #81) » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:34 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Heck yes I'm getting all bandwagony at this point. I'd like to see a lynch today, and sitting on my hands will help nobody. I'd like to lynch CKD, but as one lurker of many, there is just not much goin' on there, blokes.

BM, cicero, whatever. I'd be happy lynching just about anyone at this point. It'll give us a shot of lynching scum and reveal a little bit about what people are thinking, which will give us a slim, slim chance of winning in the face of mutiple townie deaths with nothing to show for it.

At this point I almost expect the scum to be at least partially lurkers laughing at how much they can ignore contributing and still get away with it. It's incredibly frustrating, but it seems like nobody is willing to stick their neck out.

In summary, let's lynch somebody, darnit! I really don't want a freakin' no-lynch here.

When is the deadline again?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (isolation #82) » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:48 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Yeah, reasoning? My buddy and I are curious.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1331 (isolation #83) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:39 am

Post by mcpaltp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
unvote BM
..on a mixture of gut and meta.
Seriously, what's up with this guy? He's putting even less effort into this than I am, and that's sayin' something.

Let's go for him, eh?

##Unvote,
##Vote:CKD

BM is still okay, but I figure why not go for the guy who seems the scummiest and went from super antagonistic and defensive yesterday to hardcore lurking today?

Just watch, he'll probably overreact. :roll:
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (isolation #84) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:34 am

Post by mcpaltp »

in game terms. He's been around a little bit, but I really havn't seen anything out of him this day as opposed to day 1, 'yknow?

Nice OMGUS btw, man.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1341 (isolation #85) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:09 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Battle Mage wrote:yep, i've reread his posts in isolation, and i'm satisfied with an
Unvote, Vote: Peers

WITH ME PPL!

BM
What, wait? Peers? Why?

Call me dim, but that sort of came out of left field for me. He comes off as antagonistic, but not overtly scummy to me. Are you seeing something I'm not?
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1353 (isolation #86) » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:50 am

Post by mcpaltp »

Eh, I think you're reaching.

And sniping.

And WIFOMing.

And Canoodling.