Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sun May 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

What's up bitches. This is my first game back after like 2 years, so I'm pretty rusty on my mafia. Got inspired to play again because I miss the bullshitty, argumentative circlejerking and wifom shitting that is this game.

This setup looks fun. I am going to go ahead and claim
ha u scumfuck rolefisher
, cause obviously playing as claimed is easier for town to win.

With that I am going to start this game and:

VOTE: innocentvillager

He just rubs me the wrong way.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Sun May 29, 2016 7:00 pm

In post 3, Quaroath wrote:

With 7 eligible to vote, it's 4 to lynch.
@mod This is minor, but you might want to fix this :)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Mon May 30, 2016 4:22 am

VOTE: drmyshotty

Because L-1 is fun
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Mon May 30, 2016 4:22 am

(Btw don't actually hammer or you're scum)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:16 am

Aww Kap you were supposed to keep your vote there and see how he reacts
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #6) » Mon May 30, 2016 8:54 am

VOTE: drmyshotty

Hammering scum now.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (isolation #7) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:17 pm

In post 16, BTD6_maker wrote:If anyone does put him at L-1, please make it very obvious.
Was this (the following) not obvious enough for you...?
In post 12, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: drmyshotty

Because L-1 is fun
In post 13, innocentvillager wrote:(Btw don't actually hammer or you're scum)
I've never been in a game where someone actually got hammered during RVS. Honestly, a part of me really wants someone to hammer, regardless of how anti-town it is to do so :mrgreen:
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #8) » Tue May 31, 2016 7:56 am

In post 33, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 31, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 16, BTD6_maker wrote:If anyone does put him at L-1, please make it very obvious.
Was this (the following) not obvious enough for you...?
In post 12, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: drmyshotty

Because L-1 is fun
In post 13, innocentvillager wrote:(Btw don't actually hammer or you're scum)
I've never been in a game where someone actually got hammered during RVS. Honestly, a part of me really wants someone to hammer, regardless of how anti-town it is to do so :mrgreen:
Right, no one has the balls though
Someone prove him wrong plz
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (isolation #9) » Tue May 31, 2016 2:46 pm

drmyshottyizsik wrote:So tempted to self hammer :p
That's not as fun as someone else hammering
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #10) » Tue May 31, 2016 7:05 pm

Have games gotten slower over the past two years or...?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (isolation #11) » Tue May 31, 2016 7:07 pm

If anyone wants some incentive to hammer myshotty, if he flips town we'll still give you a chance to flail a bit D2 before we lynch you

If he flips scum, we'll autoconfirm you as town and if you're maf that's great incentive to bus
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:00 pm

In post 47, Kappy wrote:
In post 44, innocentvillager wrote:If anyone wants some incentive to hammer myshotty, if he flips town we'll still give you a chance to flail a bit D2 before we lynch you

If he flips scum, we'll autoconfirm you as town and if you're maf that's great incentive to bus
This makes no sense! If he flips scum, you're conftown? No, why would town know he was scum? It would be a coin flip, and no townie wants to take that chance. If he flips scum, the hammerer would be scum.
VOTE: innocentvillager until I understand this logic.
There is strategically ZERO incentive to quickhammer your partner if are at L-1 from an RVS wagon since obviously they're not actually going to get lynched unless some asinine townie hammers. Therefore, the person who does so would get a shitton of towncred. Autoconfirm as town was a bit of an exaggerated joke to get mafia to bus their own. True, most townies also would never baselessly quickhammer, but some might just yolo it and take the chance that they might be scum (just for the lolz, to make it more interesting, or something else; idk). The point is neither side should quickhammer since it strategically is bad for their own side, but for mafia, hammering your own partner on an RVS wagon is so harmful to your own alignment that you would have to be basically autoconfirmed town.

**Also, I would like everyone to carefully think about Kappy's post and give your thoughts, since I think this is a pretty alignment-indicative post from him. My gut strongly tells me this is from a genuine confused townie, and I'll explain why. I highly doubt Kappy would be this confused if he had thought about this from a scum point of view. If he had considered that, as scum, hammering your own would be a ridiculously pro-town, he would see that scum could do this to get towncred. But he goes headstrong for the completely opposite viewpoint, noting that it would be asinine for a townie to hammer, regardless of the flip, and therefore just use the logic "if a townie has no strategic incentive to hammer, then only scum would do it" without realizing "if scum hammered, that would be significantly WORSE for them".

Therefore, Kappy is town if we accept that he was genuinely confused, and not fabricating this post for towncred, which I believe to be highly unlikely especially at this stage of the game.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Wow I realized there were a lot of redundancies in that post, but I hope the meaning extra comes across and you guys can agree with me that Kappy is basically a clear (or provide a good reason why not). Hurray for some progress.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:50 am

In post 52, BTD6_maker wrote:Now that you've said that, if scum do actually bus, they are taking a huge disadvantage now but are much less likely to face a lynch in the future because everyone thinks scum would never hammer. Hammering scum may still give towncred but you should always consider a lynch on them if necessary in the future.
Well, sure, but it would regardless be hella nice if scum hammered their scumbuddy right now. I'd rather get a scum down on D1 and have the remaining scum be slightly cleared versus having to take down two scum independently.
KickAssAndGiggle wrote:
In post 51, innocentvillager wrote:Wow I realized there were a lot of redundancies in that post, but I hope the meaning extra comes across and you guys can agree with me that Kappy is basically a clear (or provide a good reason why not). Hurray for some progress.
I read it as Kappy making up a reason to move his vote to you. It neither clears him nor condemns him.

I mean your logic would work, IF someone took your post seriously. As I don't and will never believe he, or anyone, did, or that you intended anyone to, it breaks your logic.
@Everyone

if you had to pick one person as scum from the last two pages who would it be?
One of innocentvillager/BTD6_maker. But not together
I'm not sure I understand where you're going with this post. If you're referring to my , yeah it obviously wasn't "serious" per se, but it still had some actual strategic basis behind it, as I explained in . I think one can still disagree with the logic behind a post about strategy, even if the tone is obviously joking. So, please elaborate on how it somehow "breaks my logic". Regardless of the tone of my post 44, you would still agree with me if Kappy's confusion was genuine, since it is entirely town POV focused without even the slightest consideration for scum POV. But it seems like you're convinced it was fake, because my post was obviously a joke and had zero strategic meaning behind it, so therefore the confusion was fake.

But what I don't get is how if you read that as "Kappy making up a reason to vote me" that you can still say it doesn't clear nor condemn him. If you really think he's making up a bullshit reason, how doesn't that condemn him?

VOTE: KickAssAndGiggle until I understand this discrepancy ;)

BTD6, I haven't seen you give any reads yet or true thoughts on the game despite the fact that you have the second highest number of posts (granted, we are kind of barely out of RVS). I think we're at the point where we can talk about more than just occasionally butting in about hypothetical theory stuff. Who is scum, what do you think of the discussion on Kappy's post, etc.?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:13 am

In post 55, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:
But what I don't get is how if you read that as "Kappy making up a reason to vote me" that you can still say it doesn't clear nor condemn him. If you really think he's making up a bullshit reason, how doesn't that condemn him?
Because it's RVS?
Are you saying Kappy's vote was completely nonserious and RVS?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:29 am

What's the point of pressure voting me when you're telling everyone it's just a pressure vote?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:41 am

In post 57, BTD6_maker wrote:Nulltown: Kappy, InnocentVillager
Null: Alexcellent, Smv, KickAssAndGiggle, Shotty, Alpaca
Nullscum: Music And Mail

These are incredibly weak.

VOTE: InnocentVillager

All my reads are practically null. You are a miniscule townread but I believe pressure is the key to escaping RVS. The read is too weak to matter much.
In post 59, BTD6_maker wrote:Mainly to escape from RVS.

However, if someone else genuinely scumreads and votes you, their vote is much more dangerous for you and you will be under a lot of extra pressure because you would be at L-1 instead of L-2. If someone then gives intent to hammer, the pressure rises again.
Lol okay sure I guess I sorta buy that.

Anyway since you're basically the only semi active player on here besides Kap atm, again, what do you think of my analysis on Kap's post?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:28 am

In post 71, drmyshottyizsik wrote:why are you only concerned with people that are active? Are you scum just trying to look busy?
I don't know, am I scum trying to look busy? What do you want me to say, yes? I don't understand why you would ask me something like that lel.

I am not only concerned with people that are active: note that I specifically asked everyone to give me thoughts on my analysis of Kap town, including you. I would still be interested in your thoughts. I requested him again just because it seemed like that was the most immediate way I could get feedback on this, since he was so active.

Speaking of which, BTD, I'm glad that it made some sense but I am mostly curious as to whether or not Kappy gets lots of townpoints for the reasons I stated, or if not, why.

Phone posting atm since I am going on vacation, but will get a more substantive post up soon hopefully.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:28 pm

In post 69, Alexcellent wrote:In post 50, innocentvillager wrote:
**Also, I would like everyone to carefully think about Kappy's post and give your thoughts, since I think this is a pretty alignment-indicative post from him. My gut strongly tells me this is from a genuine confused townie, and I'll explain why. I highly doubt Kappy would be this confused if he had thought about this from a scum point of view. If he had considered that, as scum, hammering your own would be a ridiculously pro-town, he would see that scum could do this to get towncred. But he goes headstrong for the completely opposite viewpoint, noting that it would be asinine for a townie to hammer, regardless of the flip, and therefore just use the logic "if a townie has no strategic incentive to hammer, then only scum would do it" without realizing "if scum hammered, that would be significantly WORSE for them".

Therefore, Kappy is town if we accept that he was genuinely confused, and not fabricating this post for towncred, which I believe to be highly unlikely especially at this stage of the game.

I don't think it clears him as you say, it's not as if scum can't fabricate that sort of thing. But I do follow your thinking and I'm inclined to give him some townie points for it. UNVOTE: Kappy
This post gives me a null scum vibe, I can't really explain it.

Responding to your point on scum fabricating a post like this: I honestly feel like this is way too subtle to be a scum fabricating town pov post. It's clearly not transparently a towntell especially if I'm the only one who noticed, it took me a while to notice, and most people for some reason (the reason for which I still fail to understand) don't agree with me that it's a towntell.

@Everyone I still want a reason on why my analysis of Kap being very town is correct, or incorrect.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:34 pm

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 77, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 71, drmyshottyizsik wrote:why are you only concerned with people that are active? Are you scum just trying to look busy?
I don't know, am I scum trying to look busy? What do you want me to say, yes? I don't understand why you would ask me something like that lel.

I am not only concerned with people that are active: note that I specifically asked everyone to give me thoughts on my analysis of Kap town, including you. I would still be interested in your thoughts. I requested him again just because it seemed like that was the most immediate way I could get feedback on this, since he was so active.

Speaking of which, BTD, I'm glad that it made some sense but I am mostly curious as to whether or not Kappy gets lots of townpoints for the reasons I stated, or if not, why.

Phone posting atm since I am going on vacation, but will get a more substantive post up soon hopefully.
See man this is why you are scum, we are 5 pages in and most of it is useless and you are asking for reads rather than trying to make some of your own. This is absolutely nothing but bull shit. You laugh at the question given to you and then proceed to try and well poison. Die please
vote on IV, I mean obvscum, wait no IV was right.
What? This post is nonsensical:
See man this is why you are scum, we are 5 pages in and most of it is useless
And yours are so substantive. At least I'm trying to move the game along. I gave a very clear read that Kappy was strong town.
you are asking for reads rather than trying to make some of your own.
I made a very strong townread with a lot of analysis and am asking for people to give their a refutation or support of it, which you haven't. So I'm at least being more productive than you. I would rather try to convince/get input from others on the analysis of my read before moving onto others, since nothing else at the moment sticks out very much.

And what are you doing? Even you are admitting that your shit is completely forced:
drmyshottyizsik wrote: Of course it is forced! Look at how slow this game is
Don't accuse other people of stuff you yourself are not capable of.
You laugh at the question given to you
I laughed at the second part of your question (basically "are you scum?"), which was ridiculous. I answered the first part of your question seriously. I don't see why you have a problem with this.

You may have ticked me off but I am going to return to this at a later time so I can resist the urge to vote you on impulse. If I still scumread you when I am feeling a bit calmer, then I will not hesitate to vote you.

BTW I am on vacation for the next week and a half, but I will still make an effort to post at least every 2 days.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Lol I don't care that you pissed me off—I'm not oblivious to the fact that mafia is a game of argument and people get butthurt. I'm just not in an optimal, impartial state of being to think clearly about your alignment.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:41 pm

In post 82, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I may have pissed you off :( awe poor baby.
Seriously just read the above post and you'll see the definition of flailing scum
Instead of just throwing accusations, I would appreciate it if you actually made an effort to respond to things. Your behavior is very anti-town right now which is one reason why I'm tempted to vote you.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 pm

In post 80, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:To respond to your Kap post IV I see it as a complete null. I honestly think that it is more likely for a scum to quickhammer his buddy in RVS than it is for a townie to take the risk on hitting scum. If somebody quickhammered in RVS no matter what the other person flipped I would consider them scummy and at the very least anti-town, I just generally wouldn't' want them to stay super long in a game since they are either ridiculously impulsive, scum, or just make generally bad moves. That said I don't scum read him for it since I think that post could have come from either scum or town.
So you are saying that Kap didn't fake his confusion, but regardless, he could still be scum. Let's ask Kap himself and see what he has to say about this, since he hasn't commented ever since that post I found so interesting.

@Kap Do you understand the logic now, or not? What was your thinking when you wrote the post where you voted me?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:44 pm

In post 84, drmyshottyizsik wrote:You don't care that I pissed you off... that contradicts itself. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be pissed off
Fine, I worded that poorly. I mean it as it I won't take it personally even if you ticked me off a little, since I realize mafia is all about arguing. I instinctively get annoyed when accusations that are nonsensical are thrown my way—don't most people?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:45 pm

I won't have internet for another 12 hours or so, so that's the end of my scumflailing for now. Sorry to let you down, shotty.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:34 pm

In post 89, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 87, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 84, drmyshottyizsik wrote:You don't care that I pissed you off... that contradicts itself. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be pissed off
Fine, I worded that poorly. I mean it as it I won't take it personally even if you ticked me off a little, since I realize mafia is all about arguing. I instinctively get annoyed when accusations that are nonsensical are thrown my way—don't most people?
You are just making excuses for why you reacted so poorly
Explain why I reacted so poorly please?

According to you I was scum flailing. The mafiascum wiki says: "It's basically when a person who is in trouble starts posting things that don't make sense, trying to say anything to muddy the waters or get them out of trouble, starts making serious errors in logic and reasoning, ect, basically a last-chance "baffle with bullshit" attempt."

Unless this definition is wrong, I don't see how my response could be considered as flailing, since it was very clear (and if it wasn't you haven't made any effort to show otherwise), while you were just being anti-town by not explaining your accusations at all.

I said I would reread you, and honestly while you might be a bit anti-town, it didn't look like your initial accusation was that serious, and was just intended to put pressure on me as a reaction test or something. Whatever, you're not voteworthy atm.

I'm disappointed none of you agree really agree with my Kappy read. Oh well, I guess we all have different tells. I'm still going to stick with my gut and call him town.

Why is everyone sheeping Ranger? (especially @KAAG, who commented purely as a joke)

I am not sure what to think about the Ranger vs M&M. Honestly both of you look a little scummy, but Ranger more so than M&M. I would be surprised if neither of you were scum.
In post 106, Ranger wrote:Alpaca instantly became a townread for .
Is this a joke? How can you possibly get a read from this? Is there some strong meta you're factoring in?
In post 108, Music and Mail wrote:
In post 106, Ranger wrote:innocentvillager and KickAssAndGiggle are ambivalent. I believe that's the appropriate word for "one moment looks like a dirty scumbag, the next looks as pure as can be". They waver, significantly, between the two, each post. Reading the same post twice will give two different impressions. Reading it ten times would give at least five or six different impressions. I can't pin them down, at all.

BTD6 started in that category, and frankly, is only barely above them. What bumped him up is that, frankly, I got a mild gut townread from and . That's literally it though. Everything else is that same, waving, back-and-forth, can't-pin-down I have for IV and KAAG.

Alpaca instantly became a townread for . Of all the RVS posting, that was actually the only one I could get a definitive read on. Everyone else's was null, but Alpaca's entrance stood out as strongly town. Nothing in diminished this. I did like a little as well.

As for Alexcellent, I
almost
got a read on him for , but it lacked the 'BUSSED SO HARD' tagline that would have made it definitely town. was a solid town post, as I liked the pressure on Kappy. did not diminish my read, either.

...So basically, this is a rare game where my top tier is barely above null. My top tier is weak town, followed by just-barely-above-null, to null, to just-barely-below-null, to scum.
This reads exactly like the kind of thought process I have when I'm scum and don't know if I'm townreading stuff because it actually sounds town or because I already know the player is town.

VOTE: Ranger

-- Mail
As I was reading Ranger's , I have to say that I had a very similar thought as M&M. I don't like Ranger's 106 for this reason, and it also just seems too forced. Some of the reads don't make any sense, and all of the reads are exactly the same as they were the previous page. Here's why I don't like that all of the reads are exactly the same: I'm trying to picture a town making an initial readlist with no explanation, just skimming through the posts with an initial impression. Then she gets questioned about her readlist, to provide reasons for more than half of them. She would have to go through all of the posts again, and analyse each post in-depth to be able to refer to each post in the readlist.

True reads are fickle, in my opinion. Ranger even admits something along the lines of "one could get multiple impressions from certain posts". I can't picture a town having the exact some read rankings to the precision of ties after almost a day and an extra post-by-post in-depth analysis of each character. Well, I mean I guess I can if the readlist was initially made with a similar level of detail as in the post analysis, but I still think it's unlikely. 106 just looks like the explanations were shoved in to fit the read, which only makes sense if you're fabricating them. And, as M&M mentioned, it looks like me as scum not knowing whether something is actually townie or if it's because of hindsight bias knowing they're town .
In post 103, Music and Mail wrote:Ranger always errs towards errantly townreading me rather than mistakenly scumreading me and I think my play has been very towny this game.
The only reason I can come up with for her doing what she's doing is that she's scared of my scumhunting and wants to douse and ignite me on night 2 while having low chance of firefighter protection.
I refuse to lose my vote if it's not understood that firefighter is on me and if I don't have everyone's words that Ranger is instadead tomorrow.
Why tf would scum prime you after you get lynched (and therefore why should firefighter save you)? I'm confused.

VOTE: Ranger

Bc top scumread atm.

Now that I look at it again, M&M's later reaction posts just look like annoyed confibiasing townie omgusing on Ranger. But I'll look at this again tomorrow, since maybe I'm the one confbiasing my stance on the Ranger vs. M&M debate. More on this later.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:23 pm

lmfao Everyone's scumreading my 110

At least you guys attempted to give actual reasons for your scumreads unlike shotty.

Give me a sec to read the thread again and post, though idk how much time I have to spend on this
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:55 pm

In post 124, Alexcellent wrote:Why do you want everyone to agree with you and town read Kappy so badly?
Because it's a very strong read for me. Someone who completely disregards the scum pov can't really be scum. I wish more of you saw this, but it's like beating a dead horse at this point so whatever. Kappy is basically 95% town for me because of this post. His later play seems to be consistent with his previous play as well.
In post 129, Ranger wrote:Innocentvillager does not have that same leeway. 110 was a pure scum post, as you yourself noted.
You seem to have a lot of confidence in your reads, which means you're either extremely egotistical or scum. From this, if you're town, you're basically 100% sure that I'm scum (and if not 100%, apparently a LOT more than 95%, since even 95% isn't too much for you given the likelihood of one of us being scum is 25% fypov if you're town). If you're serious about the percentages (which it seems like you are), how can you be 100% sure that someone is scum? How many times have you been wrong when you're 100% sure they're scum? I just don't understand how you can come in with this huge "I'm the shit" attitude, go off of so little, be so sure, and be so wrong.
In post 128, Ranger wrote:This is something that, frankly, I thought I wouldn't have to explain anymore aside from the occasional newbie-in-an-open. But to be as explicit as possible: I am Ranger. I come from a site which specializes in reading the RVS. It's what we do. I maintain this habit on here. So, yes. Your little content? Is plenty for me.
This is ridiculous. Just explain your reads, oh wise Ranger. Get off your high horse and give people a reason to follow you, instead of just trying to solve the game yourself or bullshit reads yourself. I don't care how good you think you are or how wrong you are with your read on me, but withholding information from the town is antitown attitude at its finest.
In post 130, Ranger wrote:Just checked. I think according to the PMs on the front page scum don't have daychat, so it couldn't be coordinated, it couldn't be planned.
This looks like an extremely forced attempt to townslip. It's like you're posting this for us to see, not for yourself. If you were town you most likely would've just checked before you posted.

I have a lot more thoughts, but I am out of time for now.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:56 pm

In post 136, Ranger wrote:There's no chance involved in 100%, but otherwise, yes.
You cannot have a 100% scumread on someone. That is physically not possible, even if they are scum. I don't even know how to deal with you anymore.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:58 pm

In post 139, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 136, Ranger wrote:There's no chance involved in 100%, but otherwise, yes.
You cannot have a 100% scumread on someone. That is physically not possible, even if they are scum. I don't even know how to deal with you anymore.
Like you have literally lost all credibility the moment you say that. I'm not even just saying this because I know I'm town, if you said that about anyone in this game it shows that your head's too far up your ass in confbias land to make sense of anything.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:58 pm

In post 136, Ranger wrote:Not feeling like answering it, as far as I'm concerned, is reason enough to not answer it. I have a townread on Alpaca. Unless Alpaca's life is in danger, I don't see reason to go into detail right now, when my time is better spent, oh, you know, actually lynching scum. It's wasted effort otherwise. It takes me 30 seconds to point to posts that generate a read. It takes me 30 minutes to explain those posts.
No
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:00 pm

If you're 100% scum, would you agree to get lynched tomorrow when you're wrong about me?

Of course you would. After all, there is no chance involved in 100% scum, right?

Please lynch Ranger immediately on D2 if I happen to get lynched kthxbai
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:02 pm

innocentvillager wrote:If you're 100% scum,
Typo: If you're 100% sure that I'm scum.

SOrry, I promise last post for a while. I'm going to bed.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (isolation #34) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:17 am

In post 146, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 142, innocentvillager wrote:If you're 100% scum, would you agree to get lynched tomorrow when you're wrong about me?

Of course you would. After all, there is no chance involved in 100% scum, right?

Please lynch Ranger immediately on D2 if I happen to get lynched kthxbai

You realise if you're lynched as town, you're not actually out of the game, you just lose your vote, right? This doesn't feel like it's coming from a tree's perspective.
Yeah, maybe I've taken that into consideration ;)

Lol was just saying this now so that we would agree to get Ranger on D2 beforehand. I would have no voting power as a stump.

So I get that a lot of people don't like my 110 because it looks like I'm backtracking when I say both M&M and Ranger are scummy. I get why, and objectively, if I read that from another POV it might ring alarm bells. But honestly, I'm just giving my thoughts. Even if scum could have motivation to do that, town can most obviously have these thoughts too. Alex scumreading me for this is understandable I guess, but Ranger 100% scumreading me for that is rather ridiculous.

I'm not excluding the possibility of TvT. I was just saying they're both scummy. I clearly mentioned at the end of the post that I had a much stronger scumread on Ranger. However, it seems like that have both played with each other a lot, and both claimed that the other is strongly aligning with their scum meta. The scenario where one of them is right and the other is bullshitting is much more likely than the one where both are completely wrong, given how well they know each other. That's why I thought TvT was unlikely.

I have been slightly torn ever since I read Ranger's willingness to get herself lynched when I flip town. Why would a scum knowingly agree to that, knowing that I will flip town if lynched? Maybe she was forced into it, given her 100% scumread on me. But then what is the scum motivation for doing this? Why even make that read in the first place?

On the other hand, her recent play has no town motivation at all. She's basically using appeal to authority to support her reads and arguments, and only gives explanations for reads when heavily pressed, and they're always the same as before unless new substantive posts have been made. It just looks survivalistic and declarative, with no actual intention of trying to persuade others to join her on her reads.

@Alex I just remembered that you scumread me for doing this exact thing. I personally think it's townie when someone tries to get people to agree with their reads since it is actively protown, why was that scummy for you? (I'm talking about the Kappy thing).

Back to Ranger, I am starting to think that maybe she is just egotistical town. I'm guessing her scumgame and her towngame are fairly similar, so it could be a null-indicator playstyle thing. If I have some time maybe I'll try to meta her, but it looks like some people know her well enough on here. The thing is, if she's town by some chance, town would probably autolose as she would try to get me lynched the next day and that would basically just give us two mislynches.

For now, UNVOTE: Ranger, since I am not ready to put her at L-1 yet.

We need to get some pressure on Alpaca, Shotty, and KAAG to do SOMETHING. They have literally done NOTHING this entire game, save for a couple of assorted comments.

VOTE: Shotty

They're all doing basically nothing, but Shotty in particular has been active lurking, given zero reason for any of his reads, and scumreads me for my reaction posts but STILL refuses to explain why. If you think I'm scum, fucking try and tell everyone to vote me and why. That is town behavior, not what you're doing.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:42 am

I also didn't like the fast wagon on Ranger, all of the reason which were basically the same thing.

I thought about it some more, and I really just cannot see ANY scum motivation for making a 100% scumread on me, trying to switch the wagon over to me from M&M, and agreeing to get lynched after I flip. I can only conclude that Ranger is egotistical town.

I would bet that one scum is in Alpaca, shotty, and KAAG (the three who are doing nothing), and that one scum was on the bandwagon of Ranger. More analysis on this when I have time.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:06 am

In post 172, drmyshottyizsik wrote:sorry I got in a car accident last night, hospital post, will be out later today sorry.
Holy shit dude, sorry about that. Get better soon.

Phone posting, but for now I am confused on why Ranger has spent all of her time bickering with M&M, while I am somehow "100% scum". Townie play would be to focus on trying to get me lynched.

@Ranger why aren't you doing more to get me lynched?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:38 pm

Ranger wrote:Oh, forgot to do this earlier.
{Alexcellent, Alpaca, shotty}
{BTD6, KickAssAndGiggle}
{Kappy}
{Music and Mail}
{innocentvillager}
This is literally my readlist, in the exact opposite order (would switch M&M with Kappy and would put you before Kappy).
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:41 pm

BTD6_maker wrote: He started off distancing Ranger whilst backing out of the wagon when it looked dangerous. Now he is defending Ranger and criticising the wagon that he was on himself. IV and Ranger seem a likely scumteam.
Protip: You will be wrong 95% of the time when you think you have the scumteam down, I promise it's never worth it to vote based on a scumteam hypothetical unless it's super obvious

This is rather unfortunate that I am probably going to get lynched today, but I guess it's necessary since there is no way I will be able to convince everyone I am town, and I will be a prime lynch target in later days if not lynched today. My claim was stated in my very 2nd post (it's a bit hidden, you might have to play with the words a bit).

I don't like how quickly the wagon formed on me either, but I guess people are starting to compromise towards me. It seems like I have maybe one or two scumtells about myself that people just latched onto and decided "meh this is good enough for d1" and/or sheeped Ranger, who for some reason thinks I'm conf scum.

@Ranger Prepare for me to flip town. I might have bought into your appeal to authority read style if it weren't for your "100% scum on a confirmed town".
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:50 pm

In post 182, BTD6_maker wrote:Are you trying to suggest that you actively want Ranger to vote you?
She already was. Like I said, a lot of the things Ranger is doing are pretty antitown. But the one thing I can't shake my mind off is the fact that she is willing to 100% scumread me. If she knew I would just flip town, I can't imagine her doing that and agreeing to get lynched. She would have to bank on the fact that I would realize this and back off on her, which is an unnecessary gambit for scum.

So, she's pretty antitown but does one very towny thing. I'm obviously still not certain about her as town, since it could always be some weird switch and bait gambit, so I was just putting pressure on her for doing another thing that's not towny: not pushing a case on your top scumread. I wish shotty would've done that too, instead of just shitting on the sides doing nothing and being unfoundedly accusatory (before his car accident thing, aka before I had any sympathy for him).

@Alex I'm still waiting for a response with regards to your scumread on me when you have time, look through my recent posts.

I am extremely puzzled on how ANYONE can have even a remote townread on Alpaca. This dude has done nothing this entire game, and his posts read activelurking/null at best. Can someone please explain why this guy is getting a free pass?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Shotty can you please post something substantive when you get back because I actually want to hear your thoughts on this game.

@Alpaca and KAAG That goes for you two as well.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Ranger wrote:
BTD6 wrote:So what do you claim?
innocentvillager's 2nd post wrote:I am going to go ahead and claim
ha u scumfuck rolefisher
c
ause
o
bviously
p
laying
a
s
c
laimed is easier for town to win. With that I am going to start this game and: VOTE: innocentvillager
He just rubs me the wrong way.
^So basically, he claimed scum.
copac is tree in Romanian
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:51 pm

You have to admit, that was a fairly good crumb--would any of you have guessed that? :P

Now that the cat's out I can express my mild indifference towards me getting lynched. It'll be interesting being the only clear tomorrow.

Of course, optimally town chooses another target, but I won't be terribly disappointed if I get stumped.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (isolation #43) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:06 pm

Damn, I thought my scumshitting would've worked. How'd you know Ranger

Oh well, this was a good game, was unfortunate I got discovered so early. I thought posting a lot of BS would've been enough to keep you guys away from my lynch.
@PARTNER
I recommend priming the person we talked about in post 3 of QT.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (isolation #44) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Welp this is going to be tough to win. Ranger's early peg on me as scum was enough to fuck us over fast. How do you do it Ranger? (not spoiling your other reads for you) I don't even see the confscum in my posts at all.

Anyway, good luck partner. I guess this is my last post in my first game back, shame the fun had to end so early. Thanks for a good game guys
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:56 am

In post 219, Kappy wrote:
In post 212, innocentvillager wrote:I recommend priming the person we talked about in post 3 of QT.
Trying to figure out who this is so firefighter knows who to protect. I don't think scum have daytalk, so it's someone they discussed pre game. which means they won't prime based on performance, just on meta and stuff like that. Who's someone IV has a history with?
LOL I promise you won't figure it out ;)

I guess twilight is going on for a bit longer, so meantime I'll make snide comments and laugh at your cluelessness
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (isolation #46) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:57 am

Quote pyramids only go up to 10 I'm so sad
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:03 am

In post 231, drmyshottyizsik wrote:laugh away. you are dead. This set up is super easy now that you are gone day one.
I have a strong feeling that my scumpartner will go unnoticed for at least a couple of days, don't underestimate arsonists ;)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #48) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:14 am

In post 236, Kappy wrote:OMG this topic is going so fast!
Lol now it is why not before?

@Everyone if you'll indulge me, why was I Scum?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (isolation #49) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:07 am

Lmao. I'm just curious as to how I could've done a better job as scum and where I went wrong. I'm probably not going to remember my mind sets when this over, so I'm just asking now as if it were postGame. Thanks to all who tell me.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #50) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:36 am

In post 241, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 79, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 77, innocentvillager wrote:

See man this is why you are scum, we are 5 pages in and most of it is useless and you are asking for reads rather than trying to make some of your own. This is absolutely nothing but bull shit. You laugh at the question given to you and then proceed to try and well poison. Die please
vote on IV, I mean obvscum, wait no IV was right.
Lol that's it?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #51) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:39 am

In post 243, drmyshottyizsik wrote:I didn't need anything else. That post alone is why I death tunneled you. You gave your self away man.
What did you mean by well poisoning?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (isolation #52) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:58 am

In post 247, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 204, innocentvillager wrote:
BTD6_maker wrote: He started off distancing Ranger whilst backing out of the wagon when it looked dangerous. Now he is defending Ranger and criticising the wagon that he was on himself. IV and Ranger seem a likely scumteam.
Protip: You will be wrong 95% of the time when you think you have the scumteam down, I promise it's never worth it to vote based on a scumteam hypothetical unless it's super obvious
I'm not sure how I missed this. He may be intentionally saying that to try to make Town think IV and Ranger is more unlikely than it really is. Back then I may have been 20% confident of this (very confident, given that a random pair has under 3% probability). Now I consider Ranger to be the most likely suspect for scum with IV.
That's an interesting theory you've got there ;)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #53) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:39 pm

My new town reads are BTD, Shotty.

Old ones that are still current for me are Kap and Ranger.

That leaves Alpaca, M&M, KAAG/sick, Alexcellent for my scum pile

Complete null read on KAAG and Alpaca, slight scumread on Alexcellent, not sure on M&M
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (isolation #54) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:39 pm

@Ranger what do you think of BTD's responses after I scumclaimed? They looked pretty genuine to me, especially since they were done so quickly. Shotty's responses also reeked town, I couldn't read anyone else's post-scumclaim posts unfortunately
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (isolation #55) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:58 pm

Tbh I'm not sure I TR Ranger that much anymore. Rereading her post 217 made me reevaluate the possibility that this was a scum gambit. If she's willing to take a gambit like that as town, I guess she could maybe take a gambit more intense as scum. Still a light town read I guess, especially since she actually upheld that she would be willing to get lynched today, but of course that could just be wifom. Plus, I still can't see any scum motivation for this gambit, since she would know that it would just look scummy and every

I still see zero reason to TR Alpaca or Alexcellent, I think these two need to get some serious examination the day.

BTD I scum claimed to get reactions more for townreads than for scum reads. It worked, didn't it? Lots of people reacted accordingly. I got you as town and Shotty as town from those posts. Did anyone not buy my claim? (Besides scum :P)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (isolation #56) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:16 am

In post 327, Music and Mail wrote:Half of Touka's stuff is just quoting things and saying they're "interesting". I hate the slot already.

-- Mail
I lmfao'd, one reason I'm not a fan of pure PbPA sometimes

Looks like a weird attempt to appear like you're helping town, without actually helping town (quoting Ranger).

My suspicion has certainly not lifted from Alexcellent's slot.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (isolation #57) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:02 am

In post 342, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 336, Touka wrote:I think the Fire Fighters should claim today by the way.
Bad idea. If the Firefighter claims, scum will prime them and kill them. A Firefighter (as far as I know) cannot protect themselves. This is definitely rolefishing.

Quaroath, can a Firefighter self-protect?
They cannot, I am 100% positive.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (isolation #58) » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Um can we not hammer M&M

At least until we get our new replacement in and he/she gives thoughts

Thx
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (isolation #59) » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:21 pm

In post 394, innocentvillager wrote:Um can we not hammer M&M

At least until we get our new replacement in and he/she gives thoughts

Thx
Or even put them at L-1 like what Kappy was going to do kinda
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (isolation #60) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Still like Kap and Shotty for town. I almost buy RC's agro dumb town comment on the vote switch to Shotty, but metaing him I guess it's not necessarily out of his scum character to do that.

I don't know, but touka is not giving me a good feeling. I think we need to wait a little longer before we get M&M, although an eventual M/M flip would definitely give us some information.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (isolation #61) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:54 pm

In post 420, BTD6_maker wrote:Right now a Ranger lynch looks more viable than a M&M lynch. I don't scumread Ranger as strongly but I do think that a Ranger lynch is beneficial to Town. If Ranger is Town, she can still give all her reads tomorrow and help Town.
Yep her magical reads got 100% scum lynched I agree what a smart idea!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #62) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:12 am

BTD towntold after my scumshitting but everything else just reeks scum

Fuck
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (isolation #63) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:19 am

In post 428, Touka wrote:
In post 420, BTD6_maker wrote:VOTE: Ranger

Right now a Ranger lynch looks more viable than a M&M lynch. I don't scumread Ranger as strongly but I do think that a Ranger lynch is beneficial to Town. If Ranger is Town, she can still give all her reads tomorrow and help Town. If she is scum, then perfect.
Oh god
I had the same thought, this is a terrible post in more ways than one

I know Ranger could be wifoming but I really don't care at this point can we please get some pressure on this alpaca guy who is literally doingt NOTHING this entire game and getting zero attention for god knows what reason. Touka and Alex are still both scummy as shit but at least that slots playing.

I'm getting annoying at people bitching about how dead this game is. It's not even that dead (it's not great, but far from dead). What does bitching about it do other than reinforce a scum win? Let's put pressure on the people who aren't contributing and force them to weigh in, or get them to replace out. I feel like scum are just going to go unnoticed if we don't put a collective effort into this.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (isolation #64) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:24 am

Kap and Shotty can we please stop with the spamming

I get that this game is rather apathetic but you're only exacerbating the problem
Touka wrote:We aren't lynching Alpaca.
I never said we should or that I want to, it's just that the amount of content and reasoning he posts is so little that we should, at least tomorrow, start putting serious pressure on him to contribute.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (isolation #65) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:43 pm

Post post post guys scum are going to autowin srs.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (isolation #66) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:21 pm

I like the new guy

Can't tell what my read on him is yet though.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (isolation #67) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Can we like brainstorm ways to get rid of this apathy? I'm sure there are ways.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (isolation #68) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Okay, if Ranger flips town there is almost NO way both scum are off that wagon. Ranger is the easy lynch right now in a state of apathy, regardless of what alignment she is.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (isolation #69) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:34 pm

In post 623, drmyshottyizsik wrote:when the mod only has to less posts than you something is wrong pacca
Roasted!

Not sure what my thoughts are on this.

Shotty is still definitely town
Kappy and Ranger likely town
mhsmith looking townie but maybe he's really good at being scum (never played w/before)
BTD is at null again for me
Music and Mail at null
Touka is looking scummish
Alpaca is still null
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (isolation #70) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:31 pm

touka replacing out sounds like boredom. Scum wouldn't replace out if town is so bored that they just autolose. This actually might make it likelier that Touka's slot is town. Alexcellent also lurked a lot, despite still playing in other games on this site.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (isolation #71) » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:25 pm

In post 662, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 661, Ranger wrote:
mhsmith wrote:Can you talk about your BTD6 town read?
Already did. I don't feel he's scum (gut), and his end of D1 antics suggest town. It is not, however, something I'd bet the game on.
Beyond the EOD1 antics, do you think they've been game-solving in any meaningful way? I find it odd how devoid of menaingful content their ISO is, especially given their bandwagoning.

Actually, bandwagoning seems to be a bit of a tell from them (although it's a very limited sample size). In open 638, skimming mod posts ( http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p7909566 ) it seems like they bandwagoned a fair amount D1 (before getting lynched); in their two town newbie games

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p7845419
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7911269
not so much

since you're the one here with meta on them, does that line up with your impression of them from your open game w them?
Sorry if you've mentioned this already, but how did you feel about BTD6's end of day antics? I e gotten a scum one from BTD in almost every other way, except his end of D1 reactions.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (isolation #72) » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Yeah, I guess looking at it again it looks fakeable.

I'd be down for a BTD lynch too I guess. I'm getting constant scumvibes from that slot.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (isolation #73) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:20 am

In post 668, Kappy wrote:
In post 660, mhsmith0 wrote:"If you are really a Tree, Town hasn't lost much. You can still be an active scumhunter after death."
Thinking about it, this really bothers me. If we lynch a Tree, we're not lynching an Arsonist. Just because they can still talk doesn't justifying lynching trees. Each tree we lunch brings us one step closer to a scum win. I don't know how I missed this Day 1.
VOTE: BTD6
Yeah, this is flimsy logic. Smith's argument was better, but still not great.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (isolation #74) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:04 pm

BTD are you saying you literally could not understand town!innocentvillager motivation for my flip read on Ranger from scum to town? Sorry if I'm misrepping here.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (isolation #75) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:45 pm

In post 693, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 691, innocentvillager wrote:BTD are you saying you literally could not understand town!innocentvillager motivation for my flip read on Ranger from scum to town? Sorry if I'm misrepping here.
I just said I found it scummy. I thought it maybe possible (but unlikely) if you were just Town, and if so you may be playing badly. That was at the time. Now, of course, my perspective is skewed by the fact that everyone knows you have flipped Town.

I think Mhsmith's confusion and bias possibly arises from the fact that he was never playing at a time when your alignment was uncertain.
Meh

I give it a 5/7
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (isolation #76) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:21 am

I meta'd BTD and he gives a semi scummish vibe in his town games too.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (isolation #77) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:22 am

top lel
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (isolation #78) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:07 am

Titus make some sense of this game please
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (isolation #79) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:52 pm

In post 740, Titus wrote:VOTE: BTDMaker

A bit paranoid of Ranger+Music but BTD voting a townread...yuck
Would scum do that intentionally?? I don't see it as a scumtell at all. He gave reasoning too. What I personally don't like about this post is that he's just voting but literally saying it's just a pressure vote.
Titus wrote:
In post 430, innocentvillager wrote:BTD towntold after my scumshitting but everything else just reeks scum

Fuck
Where did this happen?
I thought he was towntelling a bit after I claimed scum at the end of D1, if that's what you're asking.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (isolation #80) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:56 pm

I am further convinced that the Alexcellent slot is probably scum.

Calling me noobtown hurts. Right here in the soul.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (isolation #81) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:06 pm

In post 797, mhsmith0 wrote:Do you mean TM or Titus? TM took over m&m slot, Titus took over Alex/touka slot.
Then TM/M&M is probably town, Titus is scum. Alexcellent just feels like pure scumplay at this point (although maybe this is confbias), and Touka wasn't much townier. Titus hasn't really done anything yet.

I don't think Shotty should ever get lynched.

Kap/Ranger are pretty town leaning.

So I really think scumteam is either Alex/BTD, Alex/Alpaca, or Alex/Smith in decreasing probability.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (isolation #82) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:11 pm

TM I know this isn't game-related but what was noobtown/scum about my play.

I don't claim to be terribly great at this game but I have been playing it for a while and I don't think my play warrants being called nooby play. Maybe it's because I was rusty? My townhunting tends to be pretty good, my scumhunting generally not quite so much unless I'm really set on someone.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (isolation #83) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:34 am

I don't particularly like the fact that smith has continually been telling BTD to get better and post more reasoning if he's town, it almost looks like coaching or smith trying to get towncred for BTD's almost inevitable mis/lynch.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (isolation #84) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:36 am

Instead of goading him to "stop being scummy and be more genuine", just tell everyone why he's scum. I don't see how this is a town mindset. If smith is town and BTD was really scum, all BTD needs to do is follow smith's coaching suggestions to be appear townie again.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (isolation #85) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:21 pm

Alpaca, explain your leaning townread on me? You tried to refute some of my posts, yet you call me town, why?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (isolation #86) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:30 pm

i think I'm inclined to lean town on Alpaca's rxn test and explanation of that
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (isolation #87) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:44 pm

prodge lol
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (isolation #88) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:07 am

Props to BTD and mhsmith for keeping activity going.

I'll try and contribute some too. Mhsmith, BTD, do either of you want my thoughts on anything in particular?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (isolation #89) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:17 am

In post 919, mhsmith0 wrote:Fwiw, and I know I could be conf!biased since I subbed in knowing iv's flip, but I HATE that people scum read . That's like the epitome of putting your thoughts, warts and all, into the thread. That's like the epitome if what you're supposed to be doing as town... and your getting wagoned for it makes me think it was scum driven, which puts me back at ranger.

I suppose it's possible a wolf intentionally stayed off your wagon BECAUSE it was so bad (which I guess would point to m&m if that was actually the case), but I think it's likelier there were two wolves on you or that one was hard pushing you. Because if that was a town driven wagon, that's disgusting.
Yeah looking back I also feel like should've been townread. I guess people really hated me for fencesitting on the Ranger v M&M debate, but honestly I feel like that would've been way too blatant for me to post as scum, and that alone is kind of a dumb reason to go from town!IV to scum!IV since town could reasonably think that way too.
mhsmith0 wrote:I think current ranger thoughts would be useful. I think your d1 wagon was pretty garbage and I feel like ranger in particular would/should know better as town, and I keep thinking all the rest has been damage control.

Ps feel free to weigh in on her meta read of me as well. I think that was weirdly over specific for a game where I subbed in at mylo and then watched as the wolves quick-hammered. Do you, or would you, meta read someone to that find level of detail on such a short exposure?
BTD6_maker wrote: IV, can you please give your thoughts on why Ranger self-voted, and whether it was scummy or not?
@smith But why create that "damage" in the first place? That is what I don't get. scum!Ranger comes in with a super aggressive scumhunting playstyle (maybe to emulate town meta, fine), pushes a lynch on me with 100% certainty when there are plenty of other options, almost mockingly claims she'll lynch herself if I flip town (which scum!Ranger would know), and sulks/selfvotes on D2 to avoid suspicion. The only reason I can think of scum!Ranger doing something like this is if she's not actually trying to optimally fulfill her wincon—rather, she would want to see, maybe for purely entertainment purposes, if she could win a game by basically just fucking with the town and AtE shitting all over the place. In response to: "Ranger in particular would/should know better as town" I mean maybe, maybe not? Even if you think she's a really good scumhunter normally, you can't expect her to get every lynch right. I get that maybe it's a scumtell if you thought I was so town that townies should've noticed, but honestly I got lynched by 4 other people anyway so clearly I wasn't nearly that town at all. So based off of recent actions, I believe that Ranger is most likely town, unless she's just fucking around or being psychotic. I might look into the her meta read of you when I have more time but I wanted to give this out at least.

tl;dr I just don't see optimal scum motivation to play the way she did.

@BTD a lot of my ranger comments are above with respects to smith's comment. I find it null/maybe slightly leaning scum to selfvote, tbh. If she's scum, she kinda has to selfvote since she claimed to go for my wagon on D1 and agreed to get lynched if she was wrong. If she's town, I can kinda understand that she's gotten a bit sulky/hesitant on her reads and selfvotes to uphold her promise. She thinks she is being protown by doing this. The only reason I say it could be slightly leaning scum is that there is more scummotivation to selfvote than town motivation, tbh. I can see town being like "oh fuck, I'm really sorry guys, I'm going to really refocus my reads and try to hit actual scum this time" instead of selfvoting, but I can't really see scum acting like that in conjunction with pushing a 100% scumread on me d1 knowing I would flip town.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (isolation #90) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:02 pm

Dripping, any thoughts on what you've read so far?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (isolation #91) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:07 pm

In post 927, mhsmith0 wrote:Another one...
Use the meta-data you have on your suspects to help. If you have played in a game with someone before you will have a sense if their voting is beneath their usual quality control threshold as a townie.
Or compare it to other times they have or have not voted within this game for remarkably similar behaviour.
If this game day they consider something vote-worthy but on a previous game day did not (or vice versa) then something could be up. Use their own established standard for voting as the benchmark for their current voting choices.
Iv's "ranger v m&m is t/w" (inside a large post putting his thoughts into thread) gets a 100% scum read from ranger. Btd6's much lazier "ranger v smith is t/w" doesn't seem to register as notable (unless I missed it). The reason for this is ____?
mhsmith0 wrote:Shamelessly quoting someone smarter than me...
thewysecat wrote:If a scum does try some fake scumhunting it will lack righteousness. It will smell feeble. You will struggle to see how or why this vapour is vote-worthy relative to alternative issues present in the thread. Knowing this some scum players might try and fake passion for their vote to disguise the deficit in intellectual integrity underpinning it.
Then you are looking for a disproportionate level of zeal and/or confidence
. A scum in this mode is not necessarily harder to spot, but can be harder to lynch since they can impress weaker-minded townies. They can shamelessly segue from one terrible vote underpinned by garbage to another and not miss a beat. Scum also tend to gravitate to this mode the closer they are to the win.
"Disproportionate confidence" - sound familiar? Confidence completely out of whack with the quality of the case and cited evidence?

Ps full quote at http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 10#p759434, is great reading
These are good points, but I still don't see implicit scum motivation for Ranger to do what she did given my reasons.

For the guy you are quoting, there is an implicit assumption that the scum are trying to hide that their reads are disproportionate to their reasoning. Ranger, imo, is different. There's clearly something in the back of her mind about me D1 that she wasn't telling us about (which she explains after I scumclaim), and the fact that her read is a 100% scumread on me is still completely unnecessary and extremely obviously disproportionate. So I think this is a different case, since Ranger wasn't trying to hide such.

I think you are taking what this guy says too literally, even if it is solid advice. Thanks for that, btw.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (isolation #92) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:57 pm

YAY this game is alive again

With an almost completely different playerlist...
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (isolation #93) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:21 am

I think we should lynch in {Titus, Alpaca, Xkfyu, Smith}
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (isolation #94) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:44 pm

In post 1064, Titus wrote:
In post 1061, innocentvillager wrote:I think we should lynch in {Titus, Alpaca, Xkfyu, Smith}
That lynch pool is terrible.
Lmao

I only say this because Shotty and Kappy looked super town for me, Ranger is also probably town, and BTD has more or less redeemed himself.

Also, to clarify, I think we should lynch specifically in that descending order. Titus, nothing really against you, but I really disliked your predecessor's play.
mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1061, innocentvillager wrote:I think we should lynch in {Titus, Alpaca, Xkfyu, Smith}
So this is everyone OFF the d1 lynch wagon, plus Titus. The implication here is that you think your wagon was righteous /primarily town driven. Why do you think this is the case?
To be fair, my top scumread is Alexcellent. It would take me some time to explain truly why, but based on gut Alexcellent just felt like pure scumplay. So I think him as scum on my wagon is pretty likely.

I don't think it was forced to the point where everyone was against it, I feel like the only one really against my lynch D1 was M&M. So I think one scum could've easily stayed off it.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (isolation #95) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:47 pm

In post 1068, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1067, mhsmith0 wrote:
So this is everyone OFF the d1 lynch wagon, plus Titus. The implication here is that you think your wagon was righteous /primarily town driven. Why do you think this is the case?
I would expect scum on a d1 lynch wagon - especially if the lynch was on scum LOL
Lmfao what??? Townslip??? Did DGB think I was scum?
mhsmith0 wrote:
mhsmith0 wrote:IMO that wagon was sufficiently bad
I mean just because you and I think it was bad doesn't mean town thought it was bad. KAAG(your slot) was lurking hardcore, so was Alpaca, and M/M adamantly defended me. So no real resistance to my wagon.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (isolation #96) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:52 pm

V/LA until Friday
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (isolation #97) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:47 pm

Can we just lynch and call it a day? I'm serious, I really don't care who at this point as long as it's not Panther or DGB.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (isolation #98) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:48 pm

In post 289, Kappy wrote:
In post 288, Ranger wrote:
Music and Mail wrote:Put your money where your mouth is then. Self-vote.
What, for the town cred?

Sorry, no.

I'll self-vote. It'll happen today, especially since I have literally no defenders; every single player is suspicious of me and that means I make a good lynch.
It does not need to happen instantly.
True. Even if we do end up lynching Ranger for pushing that IV lynch, we don't need to do it immediately. We have 2 weeks, peoples. We can drag it out to get as much information about the other scum as possible.
I lmfao'd reading back on this
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (isolation #99) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:51 pm

^ That gem was Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:30 am, site time people, 2 days after the Day 2 start. It is now almost 6 weeks since then.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1151 (isolation #100) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:51 am

I'm fine with getting Ranger as that is way better than a no lynch. I'm stated my case on why I think Ranger is town (mostly just I honestly don't see scum motivation for her weird push on me, just made this game way harder for her than it needed to be if she's scum, and other stuff you can see in my ISO) but with so much suspicion on Ranger I doubt it's going to go away so we might as well just sort Ranger now.

Honorary "vote": VOTE: Ranger
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1173 (isolation #101) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:15 pm

My lynch pool hasn't changed. No lynch after 6 weeks is honestly embarrassing lol.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (isolation #102) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Also if we NL again we will be at mylo. We have one mislynch (maaaaaaybe more if we are lucky) so let's use it today. I don't like the idea of getting Ranger, but if that's what you all want to do, obviously I have no real power to stop you from doing so.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1179 (isolation #103) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:49 pm

In post 1177, Titus wrote:We're going to have problems. I found that post scummy as shit.
Why?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (isolation #104) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:49 pm

In post 1175, DrippingGoofball wrote:No death?

Someone knows something. Please leave hints.

I have surgery tomorrow so I won't be active the next couple of days but don't worry I am not forgetting about you all.
Also this is townslip or mafia attempt at townslip (latter is unlikely since DGB is already widely townread)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (isolation #105) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:27 pm

yeah let's get alpaca or smith if you don't want titus

I'm okay with either of those two
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (isolation #106) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi friends I'm here lol

Reading up some stuff.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (isolation #107) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:28 am

nooo panther nd dgb you're both town
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1364 (isolation #108) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:45 am

Apologies, but I will be V/LA until Monday afternoon. I've been ignoring RL duties/exam week but I'll try to still post maybe once or twice at least.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (isolation #109) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:48 pm

VOTE: Titus :D
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1569 (isolation #110) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:49 pm

oh nvm ranger got hammered

fack

i think shes town
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (isolation #111) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:13 pm

holy shit I was completely off on Panther/Kappy. Nice job
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (isolation #112) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Can we see the QTs?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1595 (isolation #113) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:22 pm

In post 319, Touka wrote:{BTD6, Kappy, Sickofit}

Let's lynch in here.
Wow beeboy's first readslist was spot fucking on (scumteam and a completely null no-posting slot)

Second readslist was worse :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”