New Normal Guidelines - April 2017 update!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #52 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

The Motion Detector learns if any actions were performed by or on a player, but not what they were, or who else was involved.

Is the following a valid Motion Detector result?

(Yes, at least one or No) action was performed by bob last night
(Yes, at least one or No) action was perfomed on bob last night
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

can we have an Outgoing Motion Detector (see only if they did any) or Incoming Motion Detector (Sees only if someone else targeted them)?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm still waiting on exact clarification but I believe Motion detector sees the exitance of motion. Did this happen, Yes or No?

Voyeur and follower get to know if something happened and what that something was

Let's say bob is a vigilante and he killed Mike. And Joe Protected bob last night

-Voyeur targets Bob and sees he was protected
-Follower targets bob and sees he killed someone
-Motion detector targets bob and sees "Yes he performed action(s) last night" and "Yes action(s) were performed on him last night"

Outgoing and incoming variants would work similarly but are ultimately very weak
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #60 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 58, GreyICE wrote:Alright...

So is there design space for:
A role who learns who a person targeted at night
A role who learns what a person did at night
A role that learns if a person did something at night
A role that learns if a person can do something at night
A role that learns if a person was targeted at night
A role that learns what targeted a person at night
A role that learns if a person was targeted at night
A role that learns if a person targeted someone or was targeted by someone at night

I'd say that that is an overly complex design space that gives you virtually nothing in return.
And your proposed add ons are terrible - Outgoing motion detector could be fine as "Vanilla Cop" and do the same thing, and incoming motion detector seems like it has a 99.5% chance of giving pretty much the same info a voyeur does.

I believe the point you are making is correct, but I still want to know if it "could" be done out of curiosity

"Should" it be done given the high complexity and the low payoff... probably not
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

All of those have already been named vonflare

In post 58, GreyICE wrote:
A role who learns who a person targeted at night = Tracker
A role who learns what a person did at night = Follower
A role that learns if a person
did something
at night = Outgoing Motion Detector
can do something
at night = Vanilla Cop
was targeted
at night = Incoming Motion Detctor (The same thing is on both lines)
A role that learns what targeted a person at night = Voyeur
A role that learns if a person was targeted at night = Incoming Motion Detctor (The same thing is on both lines)
A role that learns who targeted a person at night = Watcher

A role that learns if a person targeted someone and/or was targeted by someone at night = Motion Detector
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

yep^

@mods, am I right on exactly what a motion detector is? Can you have incoming and outgoing only versions in normal games?

getting final clarification so we can conclude this talk. (Mastin did not truly clarify both)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

I support^
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #336 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

I looked at the OP, when was a miller not town aligned? When was a vigilante not town aligned?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”