Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 145, Sickofit1138 wrote:You know.
OK. Considering that and a scum game of yours, my thought was that if town you'd be overly defensive and OMGUSsy. Through 125 you read to your scum meta. 126 and 130 were more townie, but still not strong. 134 and 139 make sense.
UNVOTE:
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 141, ShadyHood wrote:All I see here is a scumteam(all of them)trying to take advantage of someone's minor mistake and making it look like a big commotion.
Look at Sick's wagon, there is certainly one scum hopping on that ride.
Is it all of them on the wagon, or just one?*
My best scumreads are everyone from that wagon, with Persivul and Saru being my strongest reads.
The wagon is driven by a reason that Sick contradicted himself. It doesn't look right when the town voted up someone for such a merely weak reason.
NSS, you have to go on weak reasons at the beginning of the game.*
Join me with this one, the rest of you all willing to get a good win,
VOTE: Persivul
* The above are rhetorical. It's doubtful 14-yo newbie scum is going to come in this aggressively. Shady is likely town.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Sickofit1138 »

I have a pitch.

We lynch persivul today: here's why:
If I am lynche today and flip town, persivul can weasel his way ou of a lynch tomorrow.
If Percy is lynche today and flips town, I won't be able to work my way out of tomorrows lynch.

I think everyone is picking a side in this argument, I think we will all agree this is not a TvT.

Lynch persivul today.

If he flips town:
If there is a jail keeper, jail me and kill me if you chose.
If there is cop, cop me.
If neither, I am a viable lynch tommorrow.

If he flips scum:
Then we get a d1 scum lynch. Youre welcome.

If you decide to lynch me today:
You Better lynch Percy tommorrow.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:55 am

Post by karnos »

In post 143, Mizzytastic wrote: Lurking is NAI unless you have meta on a person to say otherwise.?
Yes, and who wouldn't want their alignment indicated?

In general, I don't put a lot of trust in day 1 reads. Yes, I do have a couple players noted in the back of my mind as acting a bit suspicious, but I think they are already getting enough pressure and my vote isn't needed. So I'd rather get some discussion going among the less active players and see how they act and react before even thinking about who the first real lynch should be.

I tend to be a fairly active player when I'm not sleeping. Yesterday was an unusual day for me, so I was feeling a bit paranoid knowing I wouldn't be able to be actively posting. Maybe that paranoia made me come across as scummy.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 148, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 146, Mizzytastic wrote:
In post 141, ShadyHood wrote:All I see here is a scumteam(all of them)trying to take advantage of someone's minor mistake and making it look like a big commotion.
Look at Sick's wagon, there is certainly one scum hopping on that ride.
My best scumreads are everyone from that wagon, with Persivul and Saru being my strongest reads.
The wagon is driven by a reason that Sick contradicted himself. It doesn't look right when the town voted up someone for such a merely weak reason.
Join me with this one, the rest of you all willing to get a good win,
VOTE: Persivul
The logic in the second line sounds to me like you know sick is town. Why can't it be all town voting for scum?
Who wait are you insisting he is scum and knows I'm town? ;)
I think he has phrased something that sounds like he knows you are town. I think that is scummmier than what you have done. I want to prod it and see his response.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:03 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Didn't mean to send that already. Ahh well, it got the main sentiment across. Main thing I was gonna add was that while I find you to have been scummy I'm not as down on this as some people are. If I were I'd have ended up on your wagon already.

Still want to see his response before I make any judgements.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 153, karnos wrote:
In post 143, Mizzytastic wrote: Lurking is NAI unless you have meta on a person to say otherwise.?
Yes, and who wouldn't want their alignment indicated?

In general, I don't put a lot of trust in day 1 reads. Yes, I do have a couple players noted in the back of my mind as acting a bit suspicious, but I think they are already getting enough pressure and my vote isn't needed. So I'd rather get some discussion going among the less active players and see how they act and react before even thinking about who the first real lynch should be.

I tend to be a fairly active player when I'm not sleeping. Yesterday was an unusual day for me, so I was feeling a bit paranoid knowing I wouldn't be able to be actively posting. Maybe that paranoia made me come across as scummy.
You agree it is not alignment indicative, but then use it to imply that someone is scum. That does not follow.

Getting discussion going with less active people is good. I don't think voting someone who hasn't turned up yet is necessarily creating that discussion. And I think that some scum like to vote/attack lurkers cos it's an easy way to look protown without actually scumhunting.

Being paranoid about how you look does look scummy yes. That is what I've been saying all this time. Giving a reason to be paranoid is just admitting that you were.

My read has weakened a little because you seem willing to double down on stuff I'm calling scummy. Still, you haven't yet given me a convincing reason to think my complaints aren't scummy so I'm not gonna move my vote just yet.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Persivul »

Reads:

Town to some degree: Sick, Mizzy, Shady, Mecha
Null: Chumba, Snork, Saru
Scummy: Kappy, Karnos, Qubix, Species

Kappy flip would probably give the most info.
Karnos is very self conscious but that might be playstyle rather than scummy.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 140, Sickofit1138 wrote:I like where karnos is at in this game. Null-town.
Why?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Persivul »

VOTE: Kappy
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 152, Sickofit1138 wrote:I have a pitch.

If I am lynche today and flip town, persivul can weasel his way ou of a lynch tomorrow.
If Percy is lynche today and flips town, I won't be able to work my way out of tomorrows lynch.

I think everyone is picking a side in this argument, I think we will all agree this is not a TvT.
I have a pitch: get over yourself. You're not helping town by forcing yourself to be the center of attention. You should know that.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Persivul »

Mizzy, who are your votables rn? We need a wagon.
Chumba
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:52 am

Post by Chumba »

In post 160, Persivul wrote:You're not helping town by forcing yourself to be the center of attention. You should know that.
he's not hurting town either though. If anyone is hurting town atm it's the people who is making a mountain out of a molehill.

did you address your own contradiction yet? I haven't seen it if you did.
FYI: Activity on weekends are usually minimal

Alt of Robbnva and Jake From State Farm among others.
Chumba
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Chumba »

I am also confused how you did a 180 on sick, your reasoning doesn't really make sense to me and using meta and what i assume is an ongoing game are both kind of meh.

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:09 am

Post by karnos »

Sickofit1138 wrote:I have a pitch.

Lynch persivul today.

If he flips town:
If there is a jail keeper, jail me and kill me if you chose.
If there is cop, cop me.
If neither, I am a viable lynch tommorrow.

If he flips scum:
Then we get a d1 scum lynch. Youre welcome.

If you decide to lynch me today:
You Better lynch Percy tommorrow.
The above sounds like madness. It's way too soon to narrow down the lynch to two names.
In post 156, Mizzytastic wrote: You agree it is not alignment indicative, but then use it to imply that someone is scum. That does not follow.
I don't think a singular vote means "hey, this player is scum!". I think it's more like a prod that players can use. Of course, discussing it in the open like this makes it lose value as a pressuring tool.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 162, Chumba wrote: he's not hurting town either though.
Yes, trying to force a 1v1 early on D1 hurts town.
If anyone is hurting town atm it's the people who is making a mountain out of a molehill.

did you address your own contradiction yet? I haven't seen it if you did.
People push to sort. For me, the issue wasn't his contradiction, it was how he would react to it. But, I couldn't say that at the time, as it would affect his reaction.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Dierfire »

Mobile post: sorry, connectivity issues, back within 24 hours!
Chumba
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:16 am

Post by Chumba »

1. I disagree
2. not sure I believe you

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 163, Chumba wrote:I am also confused how you did a 180 on sick, your reasoning doesn't really make sense to me and using meta and what i assume is an ongoing game are both kind of meh.
As you note, it's a meta read based on my experience with him and a review of a completed scum game of his. It probably is meh to you. Unless you begin to push him, I don't have need to support it further.
Chumba
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Chumba »

post 150 actually kind of supports my non belief actually. The fact that you say his posts up until post 125 match his scum meta means that up until that post you were honestly scum reading him.

still not changing my vote off kappy but I fully support a persivul lynch atm

Chumba
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Chumba »

In post 168, Persivul wrote:
In post 163, Chumba wrote:I am also confused how you did a 180 on sick, your reasoning doesn't really make sense to me and using meta and what i assume is an ongoing game are both kind of meh.
As you note, it's a meta read based on my experience with him and a review of a completed scum game of his. It probably is meh to you. Unless you begin to push him, I don't have need to support it further.
not planning on pushing him and didn't ask you to support it. i find it weird that you felt the need to defend yourself there.

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:21 am

Post by karnos »

In post 166, Dierfire wrote:Mobile post: sorry, connectivity issues, back within 24 hours!
That is about exactly what I didn't want to see. Nothing useful. Luckily for you, Mizzytastic is defending this style of play.

Yes, of course it's NAI. Am I supposed to accept that some players can hide their alignment by not posting or posting insignificant notes like the above and just give them a free pass?

Since my vote isn't doing anything as far as pressure thanks to Mizzy, and I don't expect to see another post from dierfire for awhile, I'll just try this.

VOTE: Kappy

We are past the RVS silliness, what are your serious reads now? Based on your read list, you rate sickofit and chumba as scummier, yet you are still voting persivul, any reason why?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 169, Chumba wrote:post 150 actually kind of supports my non belief actually. The fact that you say his posts up until post 125 match his scum meta means that up until that post you were honestly scum reading him.
Incorrect. A handful of posts matching meta from a single scum game is enough to create suspicion, but not a full scum read.
still not changing my vote off kappy
Your RVS vote.
but I fully support a persivul lynch atm
Does it concern you that I'm voting Kappy now?
Chumba
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Chumba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Chumba »

In post 172, Persivul wrote:
In post 169, Chumba wrote:post 150 actually kind of supports my non belief actually. The fact that you say his posts up until post 125 match his scum meta means that up until that post you were honestly scum reading him.
Incorrect. A handful of posts matching meta from a single scum game is enough to create suspicion, but not a full scum read.
still not changing my vote off kappy
Your RVS vote.
but I fully support a persivul lynch atm
Does it concern you that I'm voting Kappy now?
1. no that post plus your push on him clearly implies to me you were scum reading. You want to deny it fine, but I don't believe you
2. I am not sure why you think my vote on kappy was an RVS vote but it most certainly was not and I even stated that i wasn't going to change my vote off him for the remainder of the day phase which should have been a huge clue that it was serious. That makes the second person in this game who seems to have reading comprehension issues.
3. Not really because bussing happens. if you want to buss your buddy for an attempt at town cred I'm ok with that. Scum getting lynched is good no matter how it gets done.

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 173, Chumba wrote:no that post plus your push on him clearly implies to me you were scum reading.
Are you denying that people push null reads in order to sort them? If not, do you have meta on me to support your inference?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”