Title Fairy: Killer App Edition (Swipe Right!)

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 490, Kappy wrote:
In post 480, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 474, Bins wrote:
In post 471, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 470, Not_Mafia wrote:As someone who has never attended a meet or met a user in real life, which I think is still the majority or at least a large slice of the community, TSQ is definitely the only user who I associate with their actual name. And it also feels like part of his idenity and personality on site. I can understand the reasoning if you're better acquainted with users on a personal level but from a purely forum perspective I think the title makes a lot of sense
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Nahdia »

stop.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by beeboy »

Yeah this thread is getting pretty bad...
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Because people don't respect the Title Fairy or the thread but if a title they like gets rejected then suddenly they'll be up in arms preaching how important titles are.
To be clear: quack
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 503, SleepyKrew wrote:Because people don't respect the Title Fairy or the thread but if a title they like gets rejected then suddenly they'll be up in arms preaching how important titles are.
essentially
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I don't think anyone arguing in favor of a title they like is outside the purview of the tf thread, especially because no one has even come close to saying something rude. What the actual fuck.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Actually the only ones who have been rude have been the ones trying to shout people down. But whatever.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by beeboy »

I think quoting the same thing without adding anything to the discussion isn't needed, is rude and is disrespectful to Chevre.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Killthestory »

I actually liked your title, but that's not what I care so much about. I just think that getting passionate over a title is silly, but I'm not going to take up arms, as Sleepy said, just so I can get the Title Fairy to change his opinion. Of course, I didn't see you do that, and I think that civilly arguing over it is fine. However, the whole "quote pyramid" is frankly, just annoying, and the fact that people are genuinely "passionate" over a title is ridiculous, as I've stated. I'd be more than happy to argue for you to have your title as long as it was an intellectual debate and not a popularity contest.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

To me, to have people in this site, and especially people who i am not even particularly close to recognize and appreciate what I've been trying to do on this site with regards to personalizing and shrinking the chasm of the internet is deeply touching to me and actually almost brought me to tears at work tonight. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart and it made me feel like my time here has meant something to people. So you can understand how I might have a different perspective to you.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Well, naturally that's a given because you're the person it would normally go to, and I would totally feel the same. However, as an outside perspective, the quote pyramid type thing and the passion over the title seems rather childish. It's not the actual civil debating, but the people that don't help contribute to the discussion at all.

Again, I would totally argue in favor of the title for you, but adding nothing to the discussion and getting worked up over a title is something I cannot commit myself to.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

To me it wasn't so much arguing as it was a group of people reaching out and hugging me. You can pretend that the internet doesn't matter but these connections are real and these people are real and these things produce real emotions. I don't know how anyone could see that outpouring and think 'this is meant to attack Chevre' I think Chevre is amazing. I'm pretty sure those people do too for the most part, but I don't think those had anything to do with him really.

Anyway, I'll leave the thread now.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

ftr I think Chevre is doing a great job, I just thought he had a perspective that missed the reason for the title
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Honestly why not just find a title that is more fitting to what the title fairy wants from a title but also contains Shea's name, like a pun? That way everyone is happy and there is less arguing?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

It's really up to the backers of a title to explain why it's deserved, not the title fairy to pull it out of them.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Because that is the opposite of the whole point of the title and I would not accept it. Titles don't have be funny, and sometimes trying to make them so misses the entire point.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 511, Thestatusquo wrote:To me it wasn't so much arguing as it was a group of people reaching out and hugging me. You can pretend that the internet doesn't matter but these connections are real and these people are real and these things produce real emotions. I don't know how anyone could see that outpouring and think 'this is meant to attack Chevre' I think Chevre is amazing. I'm pretty sure those people do too for the most part, but I don't think those had anything to do with him really.

Anyway, I'll leave the thread now.
I understand your perspective and respect it, then.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 509, Thestatusquo wrote:To me, to have people in this site, and especially people who i am not even particularly close to recognize and appreciate what I've been trying to do on this site with regards to personalizing and shrinking the chasm of the internet is deeply touching to me and actually almost brought me to tears at work tonight. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart and it made me feel like my time here has meant something to people. So you can understand how I might have a different perspective to you.
heheheheheheheheheh
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by Psyche »

i could write up a longer thing for shea's title if it's still, like, in play
chevy seemed to like the short version

if it were just, "he keeps telling us to call him that" i would just make snarky jibes at it
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 510, Killthestory wrote:Well, naturally that's a given because you're the person it would normally go to, and I would totally feel the same. However, as an outside perspective, the quote pyramid type thing and the passion over the title seems rather childish. It's not the actual civil debating, but the people that don't help contribute to the discussion at all.

Again, I would totally argue in favor of the title for you, but adding nothing to the discussion and getting worked up over a title is something I cannot commit myself to.
What I wanna know is: why the hell can't you articulate a thought like this in an actual GAME?
permanently retired

see here for more info
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 476, Papa Zito wrote:lolk esurio
...oh, right

cross out the part about not having met scummers irl and the rest holds true

hell, I live in the commune and I still call most of the people here by their scummer names all or most of the time. Even Pie is Pie more than he is his actual name.

but if anything that just furthers the point. I -have- met people from here IRL and I -haven't- met Shea and he's still the only (or one of the only) people I'd consistently use his IRL name for over his scummer name.

so I vehemently disagree with the title decision but /shrug, I guess chev's made up his mind
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Killthestory »

In post 519, zakk wrote:
In post 510, Killthestory wrote:Well, naturally that's a given because you're the person it would normally go to, and I would totally feel the same. However, as an outside perspective, the quote pyramid type thing and the passion over the title seems rather childish. It's not the actual civil debating, but the people that don't help contribute to the discussion at all.

What I wanna know is: why the hell can't you articulate a thought like this in an actual GAME?
I depict my laid back self, but I have played like this before in a game as well. Playstyles for me are rather interchangeable, but so far on this site, my current playstyle sits well with me and does well as it stands. If I need to revert to this sense of playing, then I shall. However, once again, there's no need to.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by zakk »

I wish you would, tbh. You'd be much more palatable and useful. But I digress. This is not the place.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 520, esuriospiritus wrote:
In post 476, Papa Zito wrote:lolk esurio
...oh, right

cross out the part about not having met scummers irl and the rest holds true
hell,
I live in the commune and I still call most of the people here by their scummer names all or most of the time. Even Pie is Pie more than he is his actual name.

but if anything that just furthers the point. I -have- met people from here IRL and I -haven't- met Shea and he's still the only (or one of the only) people I'd consistently use his IRL name for over his scummer name.

so I vehemently disagree with the title decision but /shrug, I guess chev's made up his mind
I find this interesting. Now I wonder what I'd call you people if I knew you in real life.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by hiplop »

I love Shea but I don't think Shea is a good title
third best scummer of all time

Return to “Player Titles”