(2): Mizzytastic, qubixes

Not Voting
(0):
None.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-06-22 15:59:49)

Chumba is being replaced

Sorry for the lack of vote counts, work has been kicking my ass. Hopefully fixed.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Saru »

In post 322, MechaGoomba wrote:
In post 316, Saru wrote:I don't agree with that analysis though as stated in my previous posts.
Most of your previous posts were complaining because you didn't see an explanation, and also because you believed Persy was dodging the question. But the gap between where the question was raised and where the answer was provided is not actually that large. There's a much bigger gap between the start of the game and where Sick explained his contradiction, yet you're not pushing him.
I guess we know who doesn't read in this game. First off, my disagreement with Sick's analysis has nothing to do with Persivul dodging the question. I don't know why you're bringing that up as some kind of counter to my disagreement with Sick. If it wasn't a counter, then there was no reason for you to quote that part. Go reread what I wrote, then come back with a coherent argument. Secondly, as to your point about Persivul answering the question, no. It shows you probably just skimmed the whole 1v1 between Persivul and I where I CLEARLY said I didn't think his "answer" in post 165 was a logical one compared to Chumba's question in post 162 and explained why by lining the two up. Lastly, if we're being technical here about "gaps", then actually Sick's explanation for his wagon contradiction was explained by him in post 9. But even then, let's say that Sick took too long to answer the question, in my eyes, that's still better than not answering the question at all like Persivul.

However, let's use your point about Persivul actually answering the question in post 165 and
let's say
that it was a logical answer to the question, and that makes you satisfied with both Sick and Persivul in regard to their explanations. If we take that point, and apply it to the fact that Sick was willing enough to keep answering the question presented by Persivul and others over and over until it was finally cleared up, that reads as more townie to me as opposed to someone like Persivul who answered the question in one post, but wasn't willing to repeat it in more clear terms for us n00bs who obviously didn't see his answer clear enough. Why wouldn't Persivul just keep repeating his answer in a more clear way for these people instead of refusing to answer, and creating more confusion around it? Creating confusion is never a townie thing to do. I don't care how frustrated you are with the situation. Adjusting your explanation to fit other people's understanding is never a bad thing, and that's what Sick pretty much did and what Persivul didn't do.

You want to know how I know I'm right about that second paragraph? Because just look at you and Shady as examples. You clearly understood Persivul's totally logical answer to the question, amirite? Whereas Shady is still on about how Persivul has clearly not answered the question presented(post 323). Here, we see two different modes of understanding. What if Persivul simply chose to explain to Shady in a way that Shady could understand? Wouldn't that help dissipate the confusion?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 326, Saru wrote:However, let's use your point about Persivul actually answering the question in post 165 and let's say that it was a logical answer to the question, and that makes you satisfied with both Sick and Persivul in regard to their explanations. If we take that point, and apply it to the fact that Sick was willing enough to keep answering the question presented by Persivul and others over and over until it was finally cleared up, that reads as more townie to me as opposed to someone like Persivul who answered the question in one post, but wasn't willing to repeat it in more clear terms for us n00bs who obviously didn't see his answer clear enough. Why wouldn't Persivul just keep repeating his answer in a more clear way for these people instead of refusing to answer, and creating more confusion around it? Creating confusion is never a townie thing to do. I don't care how frustrated you are with the situation. Adjusting your explanation to fit other people's understanding is never a bad thing, and that's what Sick pretty much did and what Persivul didn't do.
This is what's wrong with this game so far. Too many people are just looking at their newbie list of actions that do or don't feel townie, and completely disregarding the motivations behind those actions.

You
don't care
about frustration?
Seriously?
You damn well better start caring, and learn to distinguish between town frustration, scum frustration, and fake frustration, if you want to be any good at this game.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 325, GreyICE wrote:Sickofit1138 (3): Snork, species, Kappy
This is a bad wagon.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 328, Persivul wrote:
This is a bad wagon.
I saw this too
Always ask for consent before hopping on someone's wagon.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Saru »

In post 327, Persivul wrote:
In post 326, Saru wrote:However, let's use your point about Persivul actually answering the question in post 165 and let's say that it was a logical answer to the question, and that makes you satisfied with both Sick and Persivul in regard to their explanations. If we take that point, and apply it to the fact that Sick was willing enough to keep answering the question presented by Persivul and others over and over until it was finally cleared up, that reads as more townie to me as opposed to someone like Persivul who answered the question in one post, but wasn't willing to repeat it in more clear terms for us n00bs who obviously didn't see his answer clear enough. Why wouldn't Persivul just keep repeating his answer in a more clear way for these people instead of refusing to answer, and creating more confusion around it? Creating confusion is never a townie thing to do. I don't care how frustrated you are with the situation. Adjusting your explanation to fit other people's understanding is never a bad thing, and that's what Sick pretty much did and what Persivul didn't do.
This is what's wrong with this game so far. Too many people are just looking at their newbie list of actions that do or don't feel townie, and completely disregarding the motivations behind those actions.

You
don't care
about frustration?
Seriously?
You damn well better start caring, and learn to distinguish between town frustration, scum frustration, and fake frustration, if you want to be any good at this game.
OK expert mafia player, then please give me your motivation behind allowing confusion to run rampant about your answer. Let us n00bies know why we're so wrong. Please do. I really want to learn master. Please. :mrgreen:

Also, yes, I do care about frustration. Did you not see my post 214 where I clearly say:
Didn't like that Sick was so quick to put up scenarios for lynching either him or Persivul, but that came off as frustrated townie more than anything.
But of course, I don't expect you to read my n00b posts. You're too good for that.

Where I find frustration to be stupid is when it leads you to not explaining yourself to others in a coherent way. You seem to hate having to repeat your supposed answer which makes me feel it wasn't an answer at all, but your trying to turn it into one.
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:56 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

In post 326, Saru wrote:disagreement with Sick's analysis
Um, I thought you meant you disagreed with Persy's analysis. I mean, if you disagree with Sick's analysis that Persy is scum, then, well, why are you voting for Persy?
In post 326, Saru wrote:I CLEARLY said I didn't think his "answer" in post 165 was a logical one compared to Chumba's question in post 162 and explained why by lining the two up
Yes, in you said that. Then, in I explained that you had misunderstood what he was saying. If you have reasons you don't like that explanation, I'd like to hear them.
In post 326, Saru wrote: Creating confusion is never a townie thing to do. I don't care how frustrated you are with the situation.
[...]
What if Persivul simply chose to explain to Shady in a way that Shady could understand? Wouldn't that help dissipate the confusion?
[sarcasm] Your created confusion by having ambiguity over whether it was Sick or Persy that you disagreed with. After you saw that I was confused, rather than clarify, you took a cheap shot at me by claiming that I was not reading. Therefore, you are mafia. [/sarcasm]

Communication is a two way street. Both the speaker and the listener bear blame when miscommunication happens. To blame the listener ("you're not reading") when you're the speaker and blame the speaker ("creating confusion") when you're the listener is untenable.
And regardless of who's to blame, miscommunication is
not alignment indicative

EBWOP:
Saru wrote: But of course, I don't expect you to read my n00b posts. You're too good for that.
[sincerity] Please, just take a step back. Go do something else, stop thinking about this game, come back with a fresh perspective later. You're angry, you're confbiasing hard, and you're not getting anywhere. [/sincerity]
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:56 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

AAAGH.
Please mentally replace "EBWOP" with "Preview Edit."
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Sickofit1138 »

Actually i think saru is right about this.
if persivul is town, he needs to be helping town rather than calling them noobs and brushing them away and saying that their reads arnt good enough.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:25 am

Post by GreyICE »

Shady Hood is being replaced
Last edited by GreyICE on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:31 am

Post by GreyICE »

The Bulge replaces Chumba
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:34 am

Post by The Bulge »

Hello! Reading up
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Saru »

In post 331, MechaGoomba wrote:
In post 326, Saru wrote:disagreement with Sick's analysis
Um, I thought you meant you disagreed with Persy's analysis. I mean, if you disagree with Sick's analysis that Persy is scum, then, well, why are you voting for Persy?

I disagree with Sick that Persivul backing out of the wagon was scum because he backed out for the same reason I did: reaction testing and finding the reaction to be fairly townie.

In post 326, Saru wrote:I CLEARLY said I didn't think his "answer" in post 165 was a logical one compared to Chumba's question in post 162 and explained why by lining the two up
Yes, in you said that. Then, in I explained that you had misunderstood what he was saying. If you have reasons you don't like that explanation, I'd like to hear them.

Your explanation looks fine, but the fact that you have to come in and give that explanation for Persivul while Persivul refused to do it himself didn't sit right with me, going back to my confusion argument. Look at Sick and Shady for example.

In post 326, Saru wrote: Creating confusion is never a townie thing to do. I don't care how frustrated you are with the situation.
[...]
What if Persivul simply chose to explain to Shady in a way that Shady could understand? Wouldn't that help dissipate the confusion?
[sarcasm] Your created confusion by having ambiguity over whether it was Sick or Persy that you disagreed with. After you saw that I was confused, rather than clarify, you took a cheap shot at me by claiming that I was not reading. Therefore, you are mafia. [/sarcasm]

Sure, I took a cheap shot at you, but I also gave an explanation next to it to help clarify what I meant. Regardless of how frustrated I was, I chose to clarify regardless. If you didn't like the clarification or didn't understand it, then go read the first bold line of this post.

Communication is a two way street. Both the speaker and the listener bear blame when miscommunication happens. To blame the listener ("you're not reading") when you're the speaker and blame the speaker ("creating confusion") when you're the listener is untenable.
And regardless of who's to blame, miscommunication is
not alignment indicative

Miscommunication is fine, when it first happens. But allowing it to exist for as long as Persivul did (and actually still exists for some people: Sick and Shady, although that's not his fault), is not a townie thing to do. Period. When I'm the speaker, I do blame the listener for not reading correctly if they misunderstand, but I STILL choose to explain in another way as I'm doing with you. I can blame the speaker for creating confusion if I'm the listener if they don't provide an explanation in the first place.

EBWOP:
Saru wrote: But of course, I don't expect you to read my n00b posts. You're too good for that.
[sincerity] Please, just take a step back. Go do something else, stop thinking about this game, come back with a fresh perspective later. You're angry, you're confbiasing hard, and you're not getting anywhere. [/sincerity]

[sarcasm]Wow, you think just because you're an expert mafia player you can tell me to step away? Ok, master, I'm sorry, I'll step away.[/sarcasm] I'm not angry, it's a joke.
Responses in bold. With all that being said, UNVOTE: Persivul and VOTE: Kappy and yes, that puts him at L-2. Once again, tread carefully. I've seen enough out of Persivul at this point and not enough out of Kappy. Hopefully you have good internet in Kansas, Kappy. :lol:

Sick, no offense, but go read some of Persivul's ISO before clinging onto me.

Also, welcome The Bulge!
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Sickofit1138 »

No clinging on to you.
mostly I'm suspecting a scum team like this:
Mecha, Persivul, and species/kappy

Mecha has been seeming very buddy/buddy to me with Percy.

Meta-ing Percy.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:40 am

Post by Saru »

I disagree. I think Mecha is just trying to clear up a confusing situation. For that, I townread him.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Saru »

Also, if you think Kappy is on a scum team with Mecha and Persivul, then that means they're bussing. Any reason why you think they might do that? Just curious.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 330, Saru wrote:OK expert mafia player, then please give me your motivation behind allowing confusion to run rampant about your answer. Let us n00bies know why we're so wrong. Please do. I really want to learn master. Please.
OK. Your argument against me is that I'm not proactively acting townie enough.
Scum has as much - possibly more - motivation to appear townie.
So, your point on me is NAI.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:48 am

Post by The Bulge »

The Persivul/Saru exchanges bored me to no end. No information out of that. It's pretty clearly town vs town, moving on.
In post 56, karnos wrote:UNVOTE:

In all seriousness, I don't see a good target for a serious vote yet. I don't think kappy is in danger of being quick-lynched, but I don't want to be implicated if it does somehow happen while I am away.
I don't usually go this far back in a replace-in or catchup, but the wording here piqued my interest. Definitely keeping an eye on karnos. Mizzy mentioned this later as well.

My top scumreads right now are sickofit and ShadyHood slot. ShadyHood has done a whole lot of absolutely nothing this game, being intentionally(?) cryptic and pointless (see , . I challenge sickofit to make one decent post that's not about him. His self-centeredness this entire game strikes me as paranoid scum rather than playstyle, especially considering the fact that it has been called out several times.

Spoiler: examples
In post 134, Sickofit1138 wrote:I am huge eye candy for an easy scum lunch d1. It's definitely happened before. My play style is sloppy and I am admitting that but it's a reach to say I'm contradicting myself for it. I explained what happened. I saw the wagon after I pressed post and it showed the first two posts and I just went ahead and posted it

I still don't see why it doesn't make sense and contradicts each other.

Btw the reason I haven't been scum hunting as much as I would like us because I've been busy trying to explain some kind of "contradiction" in the RVS.

I just got started scum hunting, and someone interrupted it bringing up old news.

If you are town, keep the fuck out of my way and help me scum hunt. If you are scum, keep following my scum filled wagon and expose yourself all the more.
In post 152, Sickofit1138 wrote:I have a pitch.

We lynch persivul today: here's why:
If I am lynche today and flip town, persivul can weasel his way ou of a lynch tomorrow.
If Percy is lynche today and flips town, I won't be able to work my way out of tomorrows lynch.

I think everyone is picking a side in this argument, I think we will all agree this is not a TvT.

Lynch persivul today.

If he flips town:
If there is a jail keeper, jail me and kill me if you chose.
If there is cop, cop me.
If neither, I am a viable lynch tommorrow.

If he flips scum:
Then we get a d1 scum lynch. Youre welcome.

If you decide to lynch me today:
You Better lynch Percy tommorrow.
The most abrasive offenders
In post 210, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 162, Chumba wrote:
In post 160, Persivul wrote:You're not helping town by forcing yourself to be the center of attention. You should know that.
he's not hurting town either though. If anyone is hurting town atm it's the people who is making a mountain out of a molehill.

did you address your own contradiction yet? I haven't seen it if you did.
Oh my god thank you.
In post 227, Sickofit1138 wrote:Fosing Percy, mecha and species/Kappy.

Mecha has been acting like he has been reading th thread and isoing and whatnot but has missed something I posted like twice.
In post 329, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 328, Persivul wrote:
This is a bad wagon.
I saw this too
More useless banter
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:48 am

Post by The Bulge »

VOTE: sickofit

Eager to see something - anything really - from the shadyhood replacement
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Saru »

In post 341, Persivul wrote:
In post 330, Saru wrote:OK expert mafia player, then please give me your motivation behind allowing confusion to run rampant about your answer. Let us n00bies know why we're so wrong. Please do. I really want to learn master. Please.
OK. Your argument against me is that I'm not proactively acting townie enough.
No. By allowing confusion to run rampant, it can distract from scummy play. If scum wasn't playing townie enough, they might choose to divert attention away from themselves by some means. It could be by lurking, creating confusion, etc. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. IOW, it can backfire.
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:10 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

In post 341, Persivul wrote: OK. Your argument against me is that I'm not proactively acting townie enough.
... Persivul, that is quite possibly the WIFOMest argument I've ever heard anyone make.

Saru, for what it's worth, I'm sorry. I tend to react poorly when I get the impression that people are dismissing me, and because of that, I crossed a line.
I still don't agree with your Persivul read, but I see your reasoning. I hope we'll be able to discuss this again once there's more information: as it is now, everything I have to say has been said.
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:16 am

Post by Saru »

In post 345, MechaGoomba wrote:
In post 341, Persivul wrote: OK. Your argument against me is that I'm not proactively acting townie enough.
... Persivul, that is quite possibly the WIFOMest argument I've ever heard anyone make.

Saru, for what it's worth, I'm sorry. I tend to react poorly when I get the impression that people are dismissing me, and because of that, I crossed a line.
I still don't agree with your Persivul read, but I see your reasoning. I hope we'll be able to discuss this again once there's more information: as it is now, everything I have to say has been said.
No need to apologize, I should have been more clear. Sorry about that.
And, to be honest, my Persivul read is starting to teeter. Therefore, the unvote. Waiting on Kappy to come back and respond to people who are voting him.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:18 am

Post by GreyICE »

Sickofit1138 is being replaced
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Persivul »

Saru, what's with the flip on Kappy?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 345, MechaGoomba wrote:
Point out where it's wrong.

Not townie, or even anti-townie, is not always the same as scummy. You know that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”