League of Legends: The New Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by notscience »

I'm notty on the PBE.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 465, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 454, Draynth wrote:Hmm, would it be worth making a thread for League videos / clips? We could share funny / cool videos we come across or post funny plays.tv clips? Would people be interested in something like that? I know that now I'm playing league again for a while I'm going to be uploading a bit of stuff to plays.tv anyway and I don't want to be spamming the main thread if people don't want to see the videos :P
I think it's fine in this thread tbh
In that case, here's the first one I was going to post

http://plays.tv/video/576475d946060f0f2 ... ?from=user
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Anyone who wants to can add me on NA @randomidget
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:56 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Have three pbe accounts iirc. But with the servers being in NA I just ended up giving up on playing because the ping issue is retarded
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:06 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

I'm intending to get back into playing League a little more, anyone have any links/tips on the current masteries/runes? Haven't played since like November or so.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:10 am

Post by Draynth »

I'd recommend just looking up whatever champ you want to play on probuilds.net and looking through 2/3 to see what's common. Easily the best way of doing it
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:12 am

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 505, Draynth wrote:I'd recommend just looking up whatever champ you want to play on probuilds.net and looking through 2/3 to see what's common. Easily the best way of doing it
Fair enough - in past seasons I found a list of "the 11 mastery pages you need", or something like that, wasn't sure if there was one of those for the new season floating around.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:31 am

Generally
Fervor on adcs, thunderlords on assassins or burst mages, deathfire touch on poke champs, grasp of the undying on fighters, bond of stone on tank supports, windspeakers on healers, strength of the ages on non-adc junglers. Stormraiders surge isn't great and warlords is for specific champs like Trynd and Olaf
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:47 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 507, Randomnamechange wrote:warlords is for specific champs like Trynd and Olaf
or occasionally if you're going adc into a poke lane (Caitlyn / Karma for example).
I prefer they, thanks :)
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:37 am

Post by inte »

In post 504, theelkspeaks wrote:I'm intending to get back into playing League a little more, anyone have any links/tips on the current masteries/runes? Haven't played since like November or so.
go to champion.gg and just follow whatever has the highest winrate

not like it matters what u build
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:39 am

Just use top build on mobafire and flame anyone who doesn't do the same.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:52 am

Post by notscience »

There are special instances in which you use Warlords.

1) (For ADCs) Poke lanes (especially with cait being so prominent now, I find myself really needing the lifesteal in lane should I have to go against her)

2) As Draven (He doesn't really need the bonus damage from Fervor, and Warlords procs on the entirety of his Q damage)

3) (For ADCs) I personally find Warlords to be better if they don't have any tanks. Fervor helps you kill tanks faster and is usually negligible on non-tanks.

4) Toplaners who tend to fight around low health (Aatrox, Olaf, Tryndamere all come to mind) as the Warlords scales with the percentage of missing health.

You pick Fervor on anything that consistently Auto Attacks. It works on Aatrox and Tryndamere as an alternative to Warlords.

You pick Thunderlords on anything with a fair amount of burst damage. Some people like to take it on Nidalee or Lee Sin, junglers who want to snowball the early game. The reason this tree is so powerful is the flat pen granted in the fifth tier.

Windspeakers is predominately used on your utility supports, turning them into a poor man's version of old Soraka (where heals provided bonus combat stats) as well as increasing your base heal. There's a similar talent in tier 2 of the defensive tree which increases incoming heals, which should be used in conjunction with these healers.

Strength of the Ages is for any jungler who wants to build tanky/doesn't need to snowball the early game to be useful. Lee Sin and Nidalee, while mentioned above could both use this as well, but my personal preference is Thunderlords. At max stacks it gives you 300 bonus health (plus additional if you took Cinderhulk) and killing camps allows you to regen some health. I used to niche pick it with my Graves ADC (I built entirely bulk, attempting to survive all their burst and CD's while my team cleaned up). But it is really only a jungling Keystone.

Bond of Stone is best on Tank supports to mitigate some of their AD's damage and allow them to offtank better. There was a time it was used on tanks, but Grasp and Strength of the Ages severely outclass this in solo lanes.

Grasp of the Undying is your go-to if you are a toplane tank. It provides percentage of health damage and gives some sustain in long trades which tend to happen more toplane. Some Yasuo's do use this in the midlane, but I don't know enough about his matchups to say which ones.

The two I missed were Deathfire Touch and Stormraiders.

Deathfire is used on poke champions, or champions with damage over time (Think of it like a second Liandry's). It is also good on Jhin, who has abnormally high AD scaling.

Stormraiders is a niche item, which requires strong burst which can then allow for sticking power, a fast escape, whathaveyou. I've seen people run this on Mordekaiser, Vladimir (I don't know what his pref is but I have seen stormraiders vlad) and iirc Faker runs it on Zed.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Klazam »

i just set up 18 pages, with 2 of each keystone and alternating secondary trees. low-hassle during champ select to just pick whatever i need
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Gendaberry »

Can someone teach Dwlee how to jungle.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:31 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 511, notscience wrote: Stormraiders is a niche item, which requires strong burst which can then allow for sticking power, a fast escape, whathaveyou. I've seen people run this on Mordekaiser, Vladimir (I don't know what his pref is but I have seen stormraiders vlad) and iirc Faker runs it on Zed.
Also cassiopeia.
don't you feel silly now?
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:16 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Stormraider's best usage is on Nasus, by far, because it helps deal with his only real combat problem.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:15 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 513, Gendaberry wrote:Can someone teach Dwlee how to jungle.
oh no, I wouldn't. He's
your
kid after all.

<3
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Iecerint »

I think SotA is also good on anyone with health scaling.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:11 am

Post by RayFrost »

SotA scales too slowly outside the jungle to be an efficient choice for laning, though.
don't you feel silly now?
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 180, animorpherv1 wrote:So, I saw something interesting on reddit. Your pitting a rainbow team (bronze -> diamond) against a team of all gold players. Who do you put where?

Spoiler: My Choices!
Top - Bronze

Your bronze toplaner would ideally play maokai or malphite or something that has an impact regardless of how much gold they have, and can farm relatively safely. They can also receive the occasional jungle gank if things go poorly.

Jungler - Platinum

The platinum tier jungler should know how to exploit gold players and be able to be where they need the jungler to be. As a bonus, the plat jungler may be able to play nidalee or kindred effectively and shut the game out before it begins.

Mid - Diamond

This is to have a lane that wins almost every time (or at least goes even) and knows how to roam, so you effectively have 2 junglers when you need it.You can put the midlaner on TF for global pressure!

ADC - Silver

an ADC is nothing if they don't get proper peel, so having a lower tier player on ADC seems ;like a good strat so they can receive proper peel. Additionally, a silver player is less likely to go 1v5'ing on ADC then a bronze may if they get ahead.

Support - Gold

Gold support should be able to go even in lane vs. other gold players and keep the ADC relatively safe.
Late to the party, but

Even though I mostly play Support/ADC when I play alone (high Bronze/low Silver player here), I usually play top or jungle when I play with friends who are better than me (high Gold) (whether normals or 5s, haven't played in dynamic queue with them yet.) I just get on a tank, farm as much as I can without dying, and try to peel/CC as hard as I can. I can play an ok tank when playing solo, but for me having actual voice comms makes a huge difference in my ability to play tanks, and that I think my bad mechanics will cost me more in the bot lane than in top or jungle.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 516, mykonian wrote:
In post 513, Gendaberry wrote:Can someone teach Dwlee how to jungle.
oh no, I wouldn't. He's
your
kid after all.

<3
Is gendaberry my dad
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:41 am

Post by Gendaberry »

I refuse to be related to someone who makes me suffer through Riven and full AD Lee Sin every game.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 521, Gendaberry wrote:I refuse to be related to someone who makes me suffer through Riven and full AD Lee Sin every game.
get trolled m9
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:08 am

In post 522, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 521, Gendaberry wrote:I refuse to be related to someone who makes me suffer through Riven and full AD Lee Sin every game.
get trolled m9
Dwlee gets worse every day.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:59 am

Post by notscience »

In post 517, Iecerint wrote:I think SotA is also good on anyone with health scaling.
I have to look up the skills, but I am pretty sure that grasp is stronger on those laners with health scaling. Iirc they just changed grasp to a percent of YOUR max health, so while yes, SotA could increase the scaling on, say, Voli's bite or Tahm Kench's passive, I think it would end up being negligible given the percentage from Grasp.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY

Return to “The Arcade”