Scummies Ideas, Suggestions and Comments Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #887 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I agree with the things MattP said about it being fine to keep Professor Mafia and Community Contributer even though they aren't awarded every year

also with the thing UT said about the judges being forced to skim for the Best Mafia Performance this past year, because when reading a single game by one nominee is the equivalent of reading a small book with 250 page games not being considered "ridiculous monstrosities" by the people playing in them, I don't think anyone was able to give as much time as they would have liked to the entire play history of each nominee over the year.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #891 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I actually thought judging town play was a lot easier than scum, at least last year - part of it was a LOT less competition, but I find it pretty easy to tell how town are pushing and when and in what way pretty easily, whereas with scum you need a lot more context of the game to determine if what they're doing is actually good play.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #893 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I was in the group judging Don Corleone, not Paragon, but I had gone over the town games for paragon before joining the judging and definitely agreed with their decision there
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #895 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Gammagooey »

well yeah

but with the exception of being townread (which if they're good enough at the rest doesn't matter at all anyway), all of the rest of them I think are pretty easy to just read their posts and the votecounts, skim the rest of the game, and get a pretty damn accurate feel of how well they played and how the rest of the game reacted to them.

Scum I feel like have more instances where something they do being a good or bad move will depend on the reactions of one or two other players, which can wind up deciding the whole game even though it may only be a few pages of context in a much vaster game.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”