karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:33 am

Post by karnos »

In post 839, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 817, karnos wrote:Okay, lets be clear. I want to lynch mathblade, I think he is the most obvious scum.

However, I will vote Johnny if the need arises. This is a team game. While I like to think I have it all figured out, truthfully it's all a lot of guesswork and hunches. If the majority, including my main town reads, decide to lynch someone, I'll move my vote to help it happen. I'm not going to be stubborn and cause a no-lynch.
Well then – why again is it something you intimate to be scummy behavior for me to have a reason not to pursue your lynch today (your claim) but still scum reading you and potentially looking to lynch you in future days but when you take a similar stance it is reasonable Town play. Seems to me to be a case of Cognitive Dissonance …
The two shouldn't be equated. My thought was that if you were scum trying to get me lynched, maybe scum have a roleblocker, or some other role to mess with my ability to investigate. I get a nagging feeling that the talk about lynching me tomorrow comes from knowing that I won't have investigation results because you already know I will be blocked somehow. Or, maybe it's because you know I will be nightkilled and it's a misdirect. It just feels off to me. I don't have a strong scum read otherwise, but it is what it is.

I was not trying to imply that simply having a FOS on me while voting someone else is a terrible thing. I just get this feeling while reading that maybe there is some detail to be read between the lines.

As far as my willingness to switch my vote, that isn't something that could be manipulated by some power-role or nightkill. If the mathblade lynch doesn't happen, my vote isn't going to help anything by sitting on him. I can either move it to a viable lynch, or I can be part of the problem and potentially leave us with a no-lynch. It's essentially out of my control.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Masquerade »

First of all, I had no time to check at the time but I distinctly remember someone saying something about Johnny's meta. I thought it was magna (I still do actually..) but he says it's not so it might take me a bit to find.
In post 838, MathBlade wrote:Please do. I looked in a hurry as I am getting ready for work at Magna's ISO by searching for the word "meta" in their ISO and none of those posts came up with a post about Johnny's meta.

Also are you going to answer 826? I find it completely hypocritical that you scum read me for "ignoring" posts I addressed and then ignore my numerous requests for your reads and now direct questions to you.
I skimmed over your wall and saw some misreps. You can try to read my iso again properly and then try again.
For one, I did not say I would have claimed sooner if I was scum, I said I expected scum to claim sooner than Karnos did. This is just one example of stuff you have misinterpreted, and I'm stuck on a scumread on you and there is nothing anyone can do this dayphase to change that. I will reevaluate after we've had flips.
Please go and worry about getting a lynch at all today, it's obvious that I'm not able to get a wagon going on you.

Now off to find that thing..

Oh, one more thing, I never took as a crumb, but I suck at those. Why did you wait so long to bring it up?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 850, karnos wrote:As far as my willingness to switch my vote, that isn't something that could be manipulated by some power-role or nightkill. If the mathblade lynch doesn't happen, my vote isn't going to help anything by sitting on him. I can either move it to a viable lynch, or I can be part of the problem and potentially leave us with a no-lynch. It's essentially out of my control.
Eh how is that out of your control exactly?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Masquerade »

@Mathblade (and Magna):
In post 769, MechaGoomba wrote:You've made more posts than any other player that replaced in near the same time as you, and yet you have far less actual content than anyone else.
I could write it off as playstyle, but my meta analysis makes it look pretty clear: you do usually have this style of many short posts, but usually you're moving towards something constructive with them. I can't see that here.
Sorry guysm I confused your names!
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:59 am

Post by karnos »

In post 852, Masquerade wrote:
In post 850, karnos wrote:As far as my willingness to switch my vote, that isn't something that could be manipulated by some power-role or nightkill. If the mathblade lynch doesn't happen, my vote isn't going to help anything by sitting on him. I can either move it to a viable lynch, or I can be part of the problem and potentially leave us with a no-lynch. It's essentially out of my control.
Eh how is that out of your control exactly?
Let me try this again:

Situation 1- Scum mess with my ability to investigate, my investigate fails, day 2 I have no results, it's used as fuel to push a lynch on me. The role block used to prevent my investigation is an ability known to exist in the game that scum could have access to.

Situation 2- Nobody else joins the mathblade wagon. I'm voting him, but it's not going to do anything. Even in the fantasy scenario where I am lying scum, it's still out of my control, as there is no power in the game that could potentially force multiple players to vote a certain wagon.
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:18 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

In post 854, karnos wrote: there is no power in the game that could potentially force multiple players to vote a certain wagon.
Force, no. Persuade? Convince? Yes.

Giving up on having your opinion be heard is possibly the worst thing you can do. People may be ignoring you now because they have predetermined you to be scum, but at the very least you should leave them with something to look back on after you (eventually) flip.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:53 am

Post by karnos »

In post 855, MechaGoomba wrote:
In post 854, karnos wrote: there is no power in the game that could potentially force multiple players to vote a certain wagon.
Force, no. Persuade? Convince? Yes.

Giving up on having your opinion be heard is possibly the worst thing you can do. People may be ignoring you now because they have predetermined you to be scum, but at the very least you should leave them with something to look back on after you (eventually) flip.
Yes, that goes without saying. You don't have to get a feeling that someone might try to persuade or convince because it's pretty much the entire game. That is the difference between the situations, and why I don't think they are equatable.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:43 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 849, MechaGoomba wrote:People.
We have a single day left. Replacements will not cause an extension; we had something like 5 replacements and deadline only got extended 2 days. 1 replacement won't make a difference to the deadline.
Right now, we've got a couple of players that are getting into giant wall vs. wall slapfights that do nothing to convince anyone of anything. These people need to recalibrate their priorities, because right now they're playing to look smart at the expense of actually helping town.
We then have the players who up to now have been productive, who have good ideas, but aren't posting, quite possibly because of the impenetrable walls.

If the day continues as it has been going, there is almost certainly going to be a no lynch.
Even if a lynch does materialize, I have no confidence it will hit scum. I think Johnny is the most likely to be scum, but I'm not super confident that he is.
If day 2 ends up going down this same road of arrogant posturing and meaningless back-and-forth, we might as well call the game for scum there.

Please try to make this a game where it's worth trying to scumhunt. Don't force people to enter the wall wars if they want to be heard.
Who is the scum we are overlooking then? You don’t think karnos is scum … that much I have taken from our back and forth. I’m having a hard time seeing how posts like this are any more helpful than anything else. Who should we be after then?
In post 851, Masquerade wrote:Please go and worry about getting a lynch at all today, it's obvious that I'm not able to get a wagon going on you.
Do you intend to sit your vote on someone you don’t think is going to get lynched this close to deadline? I understand you feel passionately about a Math lynch but I don't think it is viable even with my vote there in spirit.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 849, MechaGoomba wrote:People.
We have a single day left. Replacements will not cause an extension; we had something like 5 replacements and deadline only got extended 2 days. 1 replacement won't make a difference to the deadline.
Right now, we've got a couple of players that are getting into giant wall vs. wall slapfights that do nothing to convince anyone of anything. These people need to recalibrate their priorities, because right now they're playing to look smart at the expense of actually helping town.
We then have the players who up to now have been productive, who have good ideas, but aren't posting, quite possibly because of the impenetrable walls.

If the day continues as it has been going, there is almost certainly going to be a no lynch.
Even if a lynch does materialize, I have no confidence it will hit scum. I think Johnny is the most likely to be scum, but I'm not super confident that he is.
If day 2 ends up going down this same road of arrogant posturing and meaningless back-and-forth, we might as well call the game for scum there.

Please try to make this a game where it's worth trying to scumhunt. Don't force people to enter the wall wars if they want to be heard.
This. So this. I am trying to keep my posts more brief but I feel like we are derping so damn hard right now. I am pushing my top scum reads because I really think Johnny is town. It is really hard to elaborate why but the way votes happened screams Johnny is town.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 850, karnos wrote:
In post 839, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 817, karnos wrote:Okay, lets be clear. I want to lynch mathblade, I think he is the most obvious scum.

However, I will vote Johnny if the need arises. This is a team game. While I like to think I have it all figured out, truthfully it's all a lot of guesswork and hunches. If the majority, including my main town reads, decide to lynch someone, I'll move my vote to help it happen. I'm not going to be stubborn and cause a no-lynch.
Well then – why again is it something you intimate to be scummy behavior for me to have a reason not to pursue your lynch today (your claim) but still scum reading you and potentially looking to lynch you in future days but when you take a similar stance it is reasonable Town play. Seems to me to be a case of Cognitive Dissonance …
The two shouldn't be equated. My thought was that if you were scum trying to get me lynched, maybe scum have a roleblocker, or some other role to mess with my ability to investigate. I get a nagging feeling that the talk about lynching me tomorrow comes from knowing that I won't have investigation results because you already know I will be blocked somehow. Or, maybe it's because you know I will be nightkilled and it's a misdirect. It just feels off to me. I don't have a strong scum read otherwise, but it is what it is.

I was not trying to imply that simply having a FOS on me while voting someone else is a terrible thing. I just get this feeling while reading that maybe there is some detail to be read between the lines.

As far as my willingness to switch my vote, that isn't something that could be manipulated by some power-role or nightkill. If the mathblade lynch doesn't happen, my vote isn't going to help anything by sitting on him. I can either move it to a viable lynch, or I can be part of the problem and potentially leave us with a no-lynch. It's essentially out of my control.
Bad post is bad. This looks like an attempt to escape the Neo claim early. So much bad here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 851, Masquerade wrote:First of all, I had no time to check at the time but I distinctly remember someone saying something about Johnny's meta. I thought it was magna (I still do actually..) but he says it's not so it might take me a bit to find.
In post 838, MathBlade wrote:Please do. I looked in a hurry as I am getting ready for work at Magna's ISO by searching for the word "meta" in their ISO and none of those posts came up with a post about Johnny's meta.

Also are you going to answer 826? I find it completely hypocritical that you scum read me for "ignoring" posts I addressed and then ignore my numerous requests for your reads and now direct questions to you.
I skimmed over your wall and saw some misreps. You can try to read my iso again properly and then try again.
For one, I did not say I would have claimed sooner if I was scum, I said I expected scum to claim sooner than Karnos did. This is just one example of stuff you have misinterpreted, and I'm stuck on a scumread on you and there is nothing anyone can do this dayphase to change that. I will reevaluate after we've had flips.
Please go and worry about getting a lynch at all today, it's obvious that I'm not able to get a wagon going on you.

Now off to find that thing..

Oh, one more thing, I never took as a crumb, but I suck at those. Why did you wait so long to bring it up?
I didn't bring it up directly. However I did bring it up when I said I wouldn't be believing Karnos if they claimed. If you are vengeful and crumbing the proper strategy is if you are ever scumread hard is claim VT and fall on your sword and take out a scum. I also hinted at it with the Dierfire questioning / prodding of their votes. If I notice something I either stay very very silent about it or give a quick brief poke. I wouldn't immediately out a vengeful. That nukes their viability. Claiming Neopolitan and crumbing vengeful makes Karnos confirmed scum to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 853, Masquerade wrote:@Mathblade (and Magna):
In post 769, MechaGoomba wrote:You've made more posts than any other player that replaced in near the same time as you, and yet you have far less actual content than anyone else.
I could write it off as playstyle, but my meta analysis makes it look pretty clear: you do usually have this style of many short posts, but usually you're moving towards something constructive with them. I can't see that here.
Sorry guysm I confused your names!
IMHO Mecha is biased here. 469 is content. Granted they haven't been posting as much content but they are moving towards constructive things.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

If I brought it up directly before Dierfire explained then I wouldn't have been able to get an accurate read on Dierfire's vote shift.

We have a day. I have to get back to work but let's lynch scum. To me that is not Johnny.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Masquerade »

Thing is, I know my alignment and I read Pers, Mecha and Wingback as town (Pers less so currently) and those were the people to sheep me on Johnny the fastest. So for me that wagon doesn't feel scum motivated.
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:45 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

In post 860, MathBlade wrote:Claiming Neopolitan and crumbing vengeful makes Karnos confirmed scum to me.
It would make him confscum to me
if karnos crumbed vengeful.
I don't believe that, because Occam's Razor suggests that a hypothetical scum!karnos didn't actually crumb a role that would get him instalynched, using wording that is so unspecific I wouldn't accept it as a crumb if he did claim vengeful, only to claim a completely different role later, in a game where scum have daytalk.
In post 861, MathBlade wrote: 469 is content. [...] they are moving towards constructive things.
469 was one of the earliest posts Johnny made. If anything, he's moving away from being constructive.
Regardless of that, I don't think actually was content. It was long, sure, but almost all of it was extremely inoffensive. He townreads Mizzy, Persy, and me while scumreading Chumba, karnos, and kappy; he thinks sick's play is bad, but also that he shouldn't be lynched. Oh, and all of this is based on posts over 10 pages back.
Can you honestly say that anything in that post moved the game forward? Did anyone argue with it? Question it? Use it to back their own theories? No. It stood alone, contributing nothing but words.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Still looking for a replacement. I'm going to throw up a VC when I get a chance, but consider this extended for another 48 hours. I won't extend it a third time, there has to simply be the general structure of a mafia game here, instead of an indefinite thread of death. If you would rather have an indefinite extension, please PM me. I don't want a discussion in thread, because people may try to read alignment information from it, so I am not paying any attention to whatever people say in thread regarding extensions (or really any other topic regarding moderation)
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Persivul »

Fuck that. Would a couple more people please vote Johnny?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Official Vote Count

JohnnyFarrar
(5): Persivul, Wingback, MagnaofIllusion, qubixes, MechaGoomba
MathBlade
(2): karnos, Masquerade
Kappy
(2): Saru, Dierfire
MagnaofIllusion
(1): MathBlade
Wingback
(1): The Bulge

Not Voting
(2): Kappy, JohnnyFarrar

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-06-26 15:59:55)

Wingback and Saru have been prodded

Kappy is on VLA
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by Saru »

Ok, so, looking back on all the walls and whatnot of the last 3 pages, I guess I can sum it up(atleast for myself) as:
Math thinks that Johnny is not scum and sees the wagon as scum filled. Hates Magna with a passion. Points to Karnos putting out some crumb about being vengeful, but I think Mecha makes a good point about how that's probably not the case. I don't read it as a crumb myself anyways.
Magna seems pretty convinced that Johnny is scum. Hates Math with a passion.

Anyways, I personally don't believe that Johnny is scum or even really all that scummy tbh. Most of what he's done has played to his meta in other games, only with less content. I read him as lazy/anti-town. Not scummy, but anti-town nonetheless. His laziness and just general lack of contribution annoys me to no end(look at my vote on Kappy >.>) and honestly, at this point, as much as I hate it, I'd be fine with a policy lynch. I just don't see Johnny helping town in any real form down the line. On top of that, I just don't see any real case for a lynch on anyone else(at the moment) and find it hard to see another wagon forming on someone else even if a case was made on them. Too much time would be taken up by useless back and forth walls as the last few pages have shown.

With that being said:
UNVOTE: Kappy
VOTE: JohnnyFarrar
Now at L-1.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Firebringer replaces The Bulge! Thank you so much Firebringer! And with that, that's the final extension of the day.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I have not read anything.
But I am town, which is shitty for the town.

Anyways, whats the case on Johnny right now?

Consider me not reading much right now. If at all?
I will try to be pretty active though.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Wait going to do a quick iso of him.

Also some cool people are here!!!
Hi MATHBLADE!
Hi Masquerade!

And Persivul who I now am not on enemy terms with, but I don't know if thats mutual.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Okay, not much really in that quick go through of iso.
The things I could see being him scum were his actions regarding other players which seemed kind of buddy/extremely friendly attitude, at least in the beginning, it kind of drops off a little with some apathetic attitute later in the day.

That oculd just be player/mood at the time, but it kind of seems actually scummy. I could hammer this.
Anyone else want to go into that?

@Mod do we get anymore extensions or is the deadline correct in vc
Show

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 872, Firebringer wrote:
@Mod do we get anymore extensions or is the deadline correct in vc
Current deadline is correct. The most current deadline can always be found in the first post of the game (it's required by the VC software).
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Saru
Saru
Goon
Saru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Saru »

It seems like most people on the wagon don't like that Johnny is just so apathetic to the game, myself included. Some people have pointed out how he started being a bit more active as soon as the wagon formed on him. I personally don't see anything too incriminating in Johnny's ISO or just his general play. That might also just be a result of not having that much to go off of.

I wouldn't mind if you hammered him, because I really don't think he's gonna put up a real defense besides "meh" or something silly and this game needs to leave D1 already because it seems to be going nowhere, fast.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”